Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

ROMG4 wrote:Does anyone know how to get G:U working properly on the PC and make it compatible with Keyboard and Mouse?

I really want to replay the game but I don't want to reconnect my Wii and do everything to get started and I would love to have it on PC. If anyone knows please PM me the information
Improbable, you shake the controllers to control the type of attack your monster gives. If you somehow get to shake your mouse or keyboard to work it, contact me. -_-

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

ROMG4 wrote:Does anyone know how to get G:U working properly on the PC and make it compatible with Keyboard and Mouse?

I really want to replay the game but I don't want to reconnect my Wii and do everything to get started and I would love to have it on PC. If anyone knows please PM me the information
I think it's possible via an emulator. No idea where to look though
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

I've tried some of the emulated G:U Wii games - and they do a terribly poor implementation of controls.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Just rebought this game and its the first time since 07. Gotta say, this game sure is laggy, and the sound is glitchy too, also the levels are so monotonous, really makes you miss the mini games of Save The Earth.

Maps come off as rushed too, as much of the game does.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

And today marks a whopping ELEVEN years since Godzila: Unleashed came out for the Wii on December 5th, 2007. Crazy to think how fast the years have gone by...
Last edited by ArchdukeSquidlyIII on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Gotta say, this game sure is laggy, and the sound is glitchy too, also the levels are so monotonous, really makes you miss the mini games of Save The Earth.
I'm not understanding the correlation here..why would any of that make you miss the STE mini games, of all things?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Goji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Gotta say, this game sure is laggy, and the sound is glitchy too, also the levels are so monotonous, really makes you miss the mini games of Save The Earth
I'm not understanding the correlation here..why would any of that make you miss the STE mini games, of all things?
Ummm?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Did you mean to say "mini maps" instead of "games"?

You do remember that STE had mini-games during the single player, right?
Last edited by Goji on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That's literally what he's saying, dude.

The story mode is so monotonous that you wish there were more things to do like the mini games.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

What a strange, fun, broken game this is...

I mean,it's fun,but honestly the PS2 version looks like it be easier to play. Wii nunchucks hurt my wrist bad. But at the very least this one had the better roster.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:That's literally what he's saying, dude.

The story mode is so monotonous that you wish there were more things to do like the mini games.
I have PTSD of the big Ice Crystal level and the Gotengo fight. I remember both being really tedious.

"RAMMING SPEED!"
Still love Unleashed though, despite all it's issues.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

We're never getting a sequel, are Wii?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: "RAMMING SPEED!"
DAMN MONSTER

AOOOUGHHHH

DAMN MONSTER

ATORAGON WILL BE VICTORIOUS

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: "RAMMING SPEED!"
DAMN MONSTER

AOOOUGHHHH

DAMN MONSTER

ATORAGON WILL BE VICTORIOUS
CHARGE THE CRYSTAL CANNON
READY
FIRRRE!!!
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Twelve years ago today, Godzilla: Unleashed was released for the Wii. I remember cold mornings over Winter break, curled up on the couch playing G:U. Despite the game’s many flaws, those are some very precious memories for me.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Digiwip on dA made a fantastic Visitor model. Still would've loved to have seen this guy win the original monster poll. I keep thinking about how these unused monsters would've sounded, but considering Obsidius just used stock roars, that's probably what Visitor would've sounded like too.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Unleashed should have put those 4 orginal monsters in and let fans vote on the names and maybe the roars. I regret Firelion losing to this day.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:Unleashed should have put those 4 orginal monsters in and let fans vote on the names and maybe the roars. I regret Firelion losing to this day.
Fire Lion was literally just a bad King Caesar knockoff, glad he didn't win!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Visitor and Fire Lion are ones I would have liked to see make it in.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Personally if i had my way i would've kept Visitor, but added Obsidious and Lighting Bug anyway. Fire Lion could go die in a ditch for all i care.

Added in 1 day 22 hours 17 minutes 41 seconds:
Also, why didn't they try to create an original monster for the G.D.F faction? Obsidius and Lighting Bug are for the Mutants, Fire Lion for Earth Defenders, Visitor for Aliens..could they really not think of a new mecha unit?