Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by LegendZilla »

Would've Titanosaurus been a good combatant in this title?

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:Would've Titanosaurus been a good combatant in this title?
He would have been pretty cool, same with King Caesar if they could work his beam reflection thing in. Sadly Titanosaurus just wasn't popular enough to make it into this or many other games. I'm actually still surprised Rodan didn't make the cut for this game, what with him being one of the big 5 Toho kaiju, and being in the 1993 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla which was the newest movie at the time.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote:
He would have been pretty cool, same with King Caesar if they could work his beam reflection thing in. Sadly Titanosaurus just wasn't popular enough to make it into this or many other games. I'm actually still surprised Rodan didn't make the cut for this game, what with him being one of the big 5 Toho kaiju, and being in the 1993 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla which was the newest movie at the time.
The fact they left Rodan out still irks me until this day. If they had any more data space in the cartridge to include more characters, Titano would've been one of them.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
The fact they left Rodan out still irks me until this day. If they had any more data space in the cartridge to include more characters, Titano would've been one of them.
It's also weird how Rodan is in Godzilla Battle Legends, but Mothra isn't! Did they have something against having them in the same game? I would absolutely love to see a 2D Godzilla fighting game in the same vein as Kaiju Daikessen or Battle Legends with a huge roster of monsters.
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
It's also weird how Rodan is in Godzilla Battle Legends, but Mothra isn't! Did they have something against having them in the same game? I would absolutely love to see a 2D Godzilla fighting game in the same vein as Kaiju Daikessen or Battle Legends with a huge roster of monsters.
If only Alpha system will get their act together and produce a third Godzilla game.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
If only Alpha system will get their act together and produce a third Godzilla game.

But seriously it would be awesome if they did make another, but it's as likely as Neo Geo making King of the Monsters 3 at this point (Damn teaser at the end of KOM2). What annoys me is my brother and I could totally make a 2D Godzilla fighting game with the same engine we're using right now, but we don't want to stop work on our current project.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:

But seriously it would be awesome if they did make another, but it's as likely as Neo Geo making King of the Monsters 3 at this point (Damn teaser at the end of KOM2). What annoys me is my brother and I could totally make a 2D Godzilla fighting game with the same engine we're using right now, but we don't want to stop work on our current project.
Well we do live in a world where Killer Instinct 3 was made after 16 years. Plus, It first seemed ultra-slim that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 would ever see the light of day, yet in the end both games became a reality.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

Well we do live in a world where Killer Instinct 3 was made after 16 years. Plus, It first seemed ultra-slim that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 would ever see the light of day, yet in the end both games became a reality.
Fair enough, but I suppose it depends on how well the games did too. The Marvel vs Capcom series is pretty popular as far as I can tell and Killer Instinct seems to have plenty of fans. If they ever do make a new game I would hope they would make it more balanced. The Heisei characters were fairly overpowered in Battle Legends, crouching attacks were too effective in Daikessen, and I haven't the foggiest idea why Heisei Mechagodzilla was such a powerful brawler in both games. Also I feel King Ghidorah, Spacegodzilla, Destroyah, or Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah would be the best picks for a final boss.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:

Fair enough, but I suppose it depends on how well the games did too. The Marvel vs Capcom series is pretty popular as far as I can tell and Killer Instinct seems to have plenty of fans. If they ever do make a new game I would hope they would make it more balanced. The Heisei characters were fairly overpowered in Battle Legends, crouching attacks were too effective in Daikessen, and I haven't the foggiest idea why Heisei Mechagodzilla was such a powerful brawler in both games. Also I feel King Ghidorah, Spacegodzilla, Destroyah, or Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah would be the best picks for a final boss.
I could see Keizer Ghidorah being a final boss, but not so much Monster X. If the game would have a story mode, I could see Monster X being the last "normal" opponent the player has to face before the aliens cause him to transform.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
I could see Keizer Ghidorah being a final boss, but not so much Monster X. If the game would have a story mode, I could see Monster X being the last "normal" opponent the player has to face before the aliens cause him to transform.
I figured it would work like Shinnok in Mortal Kombat X. You fight him in his standard form and then he powers up for the true final fight. I think it would make for a pretty epic final fight, with a destroyed Tokyo as the battlefield.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gojira wrote:
StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
I figured it would work like Shinnok in Mortal Kombat X. You fight him in his standard form and then he powers up for the true final fight. I think it would make for a pretty epic final fight, with a destroyed Tokyo as the battlefield.
What system would a third Alpha system Godzilla game be good for? I would pick New 3DS XL. Also, how many characters would you add for the game? Let's say you realistically could do a minimum of 26 characters.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:
What system would a third Alpha system Godzilla game be good for? I would pick New 3DS XL. Also, how many characters would you add for the game? Let's say you realistically could do a minimum of 26 characters.
With 2D sprites and graphics, with 26 fighters I would include:

1. Godzilla
2. Mechagodzilla (Showa)
3. Kiryu
4. King Ghidorah (Heisei)
5. Mothra (Heisei)
6. Battra
7. Rodan (Showa)
8. Angilas (Showa)
9. Gigan (Showa)
10. Megalon
11. Hedorah (Showa)
12. Kumonga (Showa)
13. Orga
14. Megaguirus
15. Monster X
16. Spacegodzilla
17. Destroyer
18. King Seesar (Showa)
19. Titanosaurus
20. Baragon
21. GINO
22. Jet Jaguar
23. Moguera
24. The Gotengo (GFW)
25. Gigan (GFW, Upgraded)
26. Super Mechagodzilla

The last two would be hidden characters while the game would utilize the Mutos (in a two on one fight) as a boss. Biollante and Keizer Ghidorah would also be reserved for bosses.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gojira wrote:
With 2D sprites and graphics, with 26 fighters I would include:

1. Godzilla
2. Mechagodzilla (Showa)
3. Kiryu
4. King Ghidorah (Heisei)
5. Mothra (Heisei)
6. Battra
7. Rodan (Showa)
8. Angilas (Showa)
9. Gigan (Showa)
10. Megalon
11. Hedorah (Showa)
12. Kumonga (Showa)
13. Orga
14. Megaguirus
15. Monster X
16. Spacegodzilla
17. Destroyer
18. King Seesar (Showa)
19. Titanosaurus
20. Baragon
21. GINO
22. Jet Jaguar
23. Moguera
24. The Gotengo (GFW)
25. Gigan (GFW, Upgraded)
26. Super Mechagodzilla

The last two would be hidden characters while the game would utilize the Mutos (in a two on one fight) as a boss. Biollante and Keizer Ghidorah would also be reserved for bosses.
I was thinking 2.5D Gameplay. Also, I would replace at least one of those characters in favor of Mecha-King Ghidorah and finally, a non-playable Biollante would be a step-backward in my book. Would replace Moguera with said character, Baragon and Titanosaurus with Super X1-2 respectively.

Last but not least, the non-Mecha version of Ghidorah should be the Showa version because we just ca't eschew any character who was in both Battle Legends and Kaiju Daikessen. As for a second non-playable character to fill the niche of Rose-Biollante in Battle Legends, I'd say Ebirah would be a good choice.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

LegendZilla wrote: The fact they left Rodan out still irks me until this day. If they had any more data space in the cartridge to include more characters, Titano would've been one of them.
No, he wouldn't have. You seem so sure of this, and I can't imagine why. Titanosaurus isn't and has never been popular with your casual Godzilla fan.

If they had the space, Rodan obviously would have been the first choice.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Goji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote: The fact they left Rodan out still irks me until this day. If they had any more data space in the cartridge to include more characters, Titano would've been one of them.
No, he wouldn't have. You seem so sure of this, and I can't imagine why. Titanosaurus isn't and has never been popular with your casual Godzilla fan.

If they had the space, Rodan obviously would have been the first choice.
But which Rodan? If it would've been Showa Rodan, his arena from the previous game was snagged by Ghidorah.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I mean, who knows? Showa Rodan was in Battle Legends, but the Heisei Mothra was used for this game. It's impossible to determine.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I really wish that they made a decent 32-bit adapter for the SNES/Super Famicom. That way, this game could've been made for such a thing and more characters, Rodan included could've EASILY been added.

mschenk
Samurai

Post by mschenk »

Is there a way I can play this in the US? I was about to buy one of those retro 3-in-1 consoles that let you play nes, snes, and genesis cartridges, then I saw this game was never released in the US.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

mschenk wrote:Is there a way I can play this in the US? I was about to buy one of those retro 3-in-1 consoles that let you play nes, snes, and genesis cartridges, then I saw this game was never released in the US.
There's a number of ways you can do it, but as far as I know it depends on you owning an original SNES deck. That's the hard part - after you get one, this is the simplest and least expensive method to play Japanese cartridges on an American system....
If you take your Super Nintendo and open the cartridge slot, you will notice that right behind the connector is two plastic tabs. Now, if you look at the back of a SNES game, you will see that those little tabs fit nicely in the slots on the back of the cartridge. Super Famicom games, on the other hand, have a flat back, and cannot be placed inside of a Super Nintendo as long as those tabs are there. That’s it; just two plastic tabs prevent you from opening your SNES to a new world of games. There is no software that prevents the games from running, and both types of cartridges feature the exact same pin sets.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:What system would a third Alpha system Godzilla game be good for? I would pick New 3DS XL. Also, how many characters would you add for the game? Let's say you realistically could do a minimum of 26 characters.
Anything but a handheld please, never been a fan of them, Wii U or PS4 would do. As for 26 characters I would choose:

1. Godzilla (Showa, Any would be fine, especially 62, 64, or 75)
2. King Ghidorah (Showa)
3. Mechagodzilla (Showa)
4. Rodan (Showa)
5. Mothra (Millenium with Heisei powers)
6. Anguirus (Showa)
7. Gigan (Showa or FW)
8. Megalon
9. Kiryu
10. Destroyah
11. Spacegodzilla
12. Hedorah
13. Biollante
14. Monster X
15. Battra (Adult)
16. King Caesar
17. Titanosaurus
18. Baragon
19. Jet Jaguar
20. Orga
21. Megaguirus
22. Super Mechagodzilla
23. Godzilla (Heisei 89)
24. Godzilla (Millenium 2002 or 2004)
25. Godzilla (Legendary)
26. Keizer Ghidorah (Final Boss, unlockable)

If I could add anybody else I would include Varan, Kumonga, Gorosaurus, Moguera, and the female MUTO.

Also I would want the game to have sprites instead of 3D models. A good 2D Godzilla fighting game with that big of a roster and amazing sprites would be awesome! :D

G1985 wrote:
mschenk wrote:Is there a way I can play this in the US? I was about to buy one of those retro 3-in-1 consoles that let you play nes, snes, and genesis cartridges, then I saw this game was never released in the US.
There's a number of ways you can do it, but as far as I know it depends on you owning an original SNES deck. That's the hard part - after you get one, this is the simplest and least expensive method to play Japanese cartridges on an American system....
If you take your Super Nintendo and open the cartridge slot, you will notice that right behind the connector is two plastic tabs. Now, if you look at the back of a SNES game, you will see that those little tabs fit nicely in the slots on the back of the cartridge. Super Famicom games, on the other hand, have a flat back, and cannot be placed inside of a Super Nintendo as long as those tabs are there. That’s it; just two plastic tabs prevent you from opening your SNES to a new world of games. There is no software that prevents the games from running, and both types of cartridges feature the exact same pin sets.
If you own a Game Genie you can also use that to play Super Famicon games. Sadly I own both a Game Genie and a copy of Godzilla Kaiju Daikessen, but it doesn't load anything except a black screen and the title screen music. Several other Super Famicon games I own work just fine but alas this game does not.