Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Justemporary
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Justemporary »

That's too bad about your cart. I never took Gouten seriously until recently when I was analysing characters more. Always thought it was just an interesting alternate boss. Nope. That thing is a cheap overpowered character who can't be grabbed not that I'd press my luck on that option.

It wouldn't be so bad if its firing rate wasn't so damn fast or if the lasers weren't so powerful or stunned so much. Look on the bright side though, if your friend uses the simpler characters they're bound to learn the game eventually. Give him some time. Fighting games were always for some reason the hardest to teach.

BIOLLANTE FOREVER!!! Actually have an easier time against Gouten with her than most of the other characters . . . minus Mothra. I think maybe a good strategy against Gouten is to walk forward and block when you have to or even use your breath to nullify the lasers. Yet to try that one out but I know jumping is always a horrible choice.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

hhhmmm, i figured out that the cartridge isnt bugged, just my system. so thats good i guess.

ya, dat firing rate. i truly havent mastered mothra
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Do you own a SNES? Just take pliers and bend the tabs off to the point your cartridge can fit. That is, if your retro duo isn't working so good. Of the two copies I own I noticed one of them had a slight bit of pixel damage. Debating whether to sell it to the local retro game store or hand it over to a friend and teach them how to play. It's hard finding good people to learn this game. Hope you get that whole glitch stuff sorted out Beefy.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

eh it doesnt really bother me, thanks though!
Resized Image

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

After playing through all of 1P mode on a SNES.
I can say that King Ghidorah is the easier character to play through expert.
I'm not one of tier list, but this is a fighter were some characters are better than others.
So for the hell of it, he's my tier list:

S
1. Gotengo
A
2. Mothra, 3. Super Mechagodzilla
B
4. King Ghidorah, 5. Mechagodzilla 93, 6. Angurius
C
7. Godzilla, 8. Gigan, 9. Mechagodzilla 70s, 10. Megalon
D
11. Biollante

That's not to say any of them are bad, I enjoy playing of them.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Living Corpse wrote:King Ghidorah and Angurius are the two monsters I can beat the game on expert.
I've only ever been able to do it with Megalon by spamming moves. No finesse, just drill-ramming to victory.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:King Ghidorah and Angurius are the two monsters I can beat the game on expert.
for me its Godzilla. I dont know why but im fond of him and do best as the king of the monsters
Resized Image

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Loved the vids for this Living Corpse.

I played this some via the ROM. It's ok. I'm sure if I had more interest it would have been a blast.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I really didn't like Kaijuu Daikessen. Call me biased, but I just didn't like this game in comparison to Battle Legends.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I really didn't like Kaijuu Daikessen. Call me biased, but I just didn't like this game in comparison to Battle Legends.
I concur on all points, except to say that I enjoy Kaijuu Daikessen so long as I remember that it's just a dumbed-down version of Battle Legends.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I completely agree. The only things Kaiju Daikessen does better is that it's on SNES and that you can play as other kaiju in Arcade mode while Battle Legends had a bunch of Godzilla skins instead.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Gojora wrote:I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.
What are your favorite themes in the game?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6897D20553
You can find them all here.

...Or just don't bother and listen to the Battle Legends version that sounds much better in my opinion.
The Battle Legends soundtrack is basically the same themes, except add in a few more, make them not as "SNES'd" and more booming and yeah you have the Battle Legends themes.
The King Ghidorah theme "Abashiri Ohara Field" is such a fantastic and catchy theme that you'll be singing it for a few days.
Dun-dun-dun-dan-dan-dan-dun-dun-dun-dunnununa-dandan
DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7B6265B4A2

Seriously, this was 1993. Video games still sounded like Super Mario World, and here's Godzilla Battle Legends sounding like THIS.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
Just feels so....good.

...Or just don't bother and listen to the Battle Legends version that sounds much better in my opinion.
The Battle Legends soundtrack is basically the same themes, except add in a few more, make them not as "SNES'd" and more booming and yeah you have the Battle Legends themes.
The King Ghidorah theme "Abashiri Ohara Field" is such a fantastic and catchy theme that you'll be singing it for a few days.
DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yG0l ... 7B6265B4A2
Oh wait....dmanit wrong thread!
Seriously, this was 1993. Video games still sounded like Super Mario World, and here's Godzilla Battle Legends sounding like THIS.
Mine is Total Destruction.
TK's Touhou resident.
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Gojora wrote:
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
Just feels so....good.

DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yG0l ... 7B6265B4A2
Oh wait....dmanit wrong thread!
Mine is Total Destruction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FafB_mURA
I didn't say "Oh wait... dmanit wrong thread!"...
But yeah, that is a good theme. Never said any of them are my favorite though.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Sorry i ment that i said "damnit wrong thread!". :oops:
TK's Touhou resident.
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Delete enemies. Lol.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Sorry, but that's actually a terrible price for something that's (technically) not the original game. You can easily modify your SNES to play Super Famicom carts, so placing the insides into a U.S. cart was super unnecessary, and ruins it's collectibility. (Not to mention having GMK art is an inappropriate way to represent this game, for obvious reasons).

I lucked up years back on Ebay, and managed to get an original copy, neat mint in box with everything, for only $25. I don't really expect others to find a deal quite this good, but this is still too much for what it is; essentially a bootleg.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'm assuming Mothra's Battra strike only works when she is on the ground right?

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

An all around fun game. Definitely not perfect, and I do like Battle Legends more, but still plenty enjoyable. A good roster of monsters, fun combat system, great sprites (which I'm grateful for!), and some nice music as well (even if BL has better versions) . Godzilla is my go to character, like he is in every Godzilla game. It always reminded me of an old school Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee!

My biggest problems with the game have to do with the combat system. Low attacks are way too effective and the balance between characters is pretty bad. I also think the game could have a better final boss, I always found it odd how Heisei Mechagodzilla was such a brawler in this game.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609