Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Justemporary
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Justemporary »

If there's anyone who wants to try rumbling on fightcade 2 for Kaijuu Daikessen message me on my youtube channel. Youtube name is Toomnyusernae. I use everybody and no characters are banned ^__^

BoswerLK
Ronin

Post by BoswerLK »

/videos/1000801317
or, look up slamtownfgc and find it in his vods

edit: vod title is currently mislabeled as spectral vs generation. so you'll have to look at the thumbnail

twitch vod for a small 3 man netplay tourney on fightcade2 that was thrown together in a few days (was 4 but 1 person couldn't make it). surprised toom didn't join, but still, if anyone wants to put all his tech info to use or ever wanted to play other people in this game, no better time than now. it's quite a deep and enjoyable 2d fighter

godzilla being quite mobile in it also feels less awkward now after gvk
Last edited by BoswerLK on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoswerLK
Ronin

Post by BoswerLK »

Been a while! I probably should've mentioned something earlier....but a western GKD scene has emerged, and there's been monthly tournaments for over a year and a half now. The players have grown quite nicely, enough for me to make highlight reels out of the ~80m long tournaments despite a bit fewer participants lately....tax season and all.

Anyways, thought they'd be a nice showcase for the gameplay to see if anyone's interested in trying the game out. Just search for "GKD highlights" on youtube.

I always enjoyed this more than the Pipeworks trilogy, since I was a competitive FG player, and this has far more depth and balance despite smaller roster, smaller movesets, and aged 2d sprite graphics. A comparison to the Gigabash collab would probably be more useful now, but I'm afraid I still haven't found time to check that out yet. Sorry!

James of the Kaiju Kompendium is the current tournament organizer, and if you're interested in joining, he has a video on how.

cicada.human
Yojimbo

Post by cicada.human »

BoswerLK wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:04 pm Been a while! I probably should've mentioned something earlier....but a western GKD scene has emerged, and there's been monthly tournaments for over a year and a half now. The players have grown quite nicely, enough for me to make highlight reels out of the ~80m long tournaments despite a bit fewer participants lately....tax season and all.

Anyways, thought they'd be a nice showcase for the gameplay to see if anyone's interested in trying the game out. Just search for "GKD highlights" on youtube.

I always enjoyed this more than the Pipeworks trilogy, since I was a competitive FG player, and this has far more depth and balance despite smaller roster, smaller movesets, and aged 2d sprite graphics. A comparison to the Gigabash collab would probably be more useful now, but I'm afraid I still haven't found time to check that out yet. Sorry!

James of the Kaiju Kompendium is the current tournament organizer, and if you're interested in joining, he has a video on how.
I play this game a lot, I'm not very good, but would love to participate. How can I join?

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Was it this game or the Turbo Grafx 16 version where the Gotengo was a playable "fighter"?
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:02 am Was it this game or the Turbo Grafx 16 version where the Gotengo was a playable "fighter"?
This one. It was a super secret playable character!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is the game's developer, Alpha System still around?

Follinollante
Interpol Agent

Post by Follinollante »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 pm Is the game's developer, Alpha System still around?
They got bought by another group, but yeah, they should still exist (so they can make the third game :twisted: ).