Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:16 pm I like how when the game decided t odie on you, and everything freeze's nothing can spawn....

EXCEPT TRAIN DIRECT DAMAGE! You still get hit! Guess what? You lose once the OT tick's down.
Technicality losses like this make me want to throw a brick out the window. I don't run train's because I don't need it. I assume everyone else runs it to abuse this and score the win. Where's the salt emoji?
I ran into something like this earlier, I carry train solely for busting Energy Refueling stations, but if it takes a bite out of the lead then that's purely a bonus. Pretty rare I'll use it to stop swarms, which have become much harder to come by and are easily answered by KG.

(Also I'm seriously loving SpaceG this update.)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Am I the only one who doesn't worry about Energy Base this patch :S

Also @Giga. How is SpaceG? Seriously had no luck with him currently. I would have to tech out Biogoji for him but his chump HP is just depressing.

Added in 5 minutes 28 seconds:
Fought a Battra Leader. I knew it was coming - yup

He instantly caused a lag out and beamed me. Name was "Godzilla". So enjoy this shit head ruining the game.

Added in 3 minutes 38 seconds:
so everytime I match him the error happens and I just fucking biff it. Glad you can ON COMMAND stall out and force a concede in theory now.

Added in 6 minutes 32 seconds:
Sent an angry letter/report to Toho. I outright said it. Stop being passive about this Toho. You have these shithead rolling around for a week farming wins before something gets done. In the mean time? I GET 0 COMPENSATION for a lose. By the way, this is the 3rd season something like this has happened. Get your shit together.

LMFAO the player is rank 22 on the ladder. and now i'm minus like 197 trophies to this ONE GUY! I remember this guy from Season 2. How sad.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Holy crap that "you cant field any units but the enemy can" bug is annoying. I lost my 20+ win streak because I couldn't field any units and got flattened. Or even worse is when you and the enemy player both get the bug and are just stuck there.

Also my current deck:

Leader: Biollante Lvl. 5

Godzilla Terrestris Lvl. 5

Minilla Lvl. 14

King Caesar Lvl. 16

BioGoji Lvl. 17

Destroyah Lvl. 13

Rodan Lvl. 15

Train Bomb Lvl. 10

I've considered switching out Rodan for Megaguirus, but I prefer Rodan's cheaper cost to keep my energy requirement as low as possible (currently sitting at 4.4 I think). Also after having played against him in several matches....Godzilla '21 is pretty garbage. His beam attack takes too long to start racking up damage.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:12 pm Holy crap that "you cant field any units but the enemy can" bug is annoying. I lost my 20+ win streak because I couldn't field any units and got flattened. Or even worse is when you and the enemy player both get the bug and are just stuck there.

I've considered switching out Rodan for Megaguirus, but I prefer Rodan's cheaper cost to keep my energy requirement as low as possible (currently sitting at 4.4 I think). Also after having played against him in several matches....Godzilla '21 is pretty garbage. His beam attack takes too long to start racking up damage.
The "you can't place units" bug is easy to spot. When you opponent "cancels a match" it prompts the bug. Legit, the same bug I bitched about in season 3 but with a new coat of paint because you can actually see the board.

As for G21, he's scary if placed behind a SpaceG and a Minya. His beam ramps up on everything stupidly fast and SpaceG craps out his crystals at a concerning pace.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:41 pmThe "you can't place units" bug is easy to spot. When you opponent "cancels a match" it prompts the bug. Legit, the same bug I bitched about in season 3 but with a new coat of paint because you can actually see the board.
I've fought bots with the "you can't place units" situation as of this version. In fact, if I hit this bug against a bot it keeps happening against all future bots unless I force close and restart the game.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 pm Also @Giga. How is SpaceG? Seriously had no luck with him currently. I would have to tech out Biogoji for him but his chump HP is just depressing.
Well after seeing your list of monsters, I can see why :lol: Mine is only level 8 too, but my dudes are still in the early 20s in levels, so he scales pretty nicely with them. He's best on the water-heavy stages like New York and London where he can move slowly but place an absurd amount of crystals for both defense and offense... Mostly defense.

...Oh, and Kiryu won the vote thing, big surprise.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

...A Mechagodzilla, three Godzillas, and a Ghidorah. Sigh.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:53 am ...A Mechagodzilla, three Godzillas, and a Ghidorah. Sigh.
I would have preferred Showa MG myself honestly. Oh well, I hope Godzilla Earth is a Leader if they add him in...
ImageImage

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Until this frozen board bug gets fixed, I'm quitting this game. I just went through SIX matches IN A ROW where the clock never counted down and I couldn't place anything. To not even mention it means the developers are either incompetent or else they are aware and somehow benefitting from it themselves.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Wow. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried: my first opponent this morning plays Godzilla 89, Godzilla Terresrriaswhateverthefxck, Mothra and I assume just to be a douche, an energy base, in the first second of the match. Naturally their username is a clump of random Japanese characters so I can't report them. I have no idea why people are still putting money into this game until they bother to make it work right and block the cheat programs.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Managed to get Mothra Leo from one of the 2000 gem increased chance expiditions, trying to win 30 matches with him on my team for that one reward. At level 1 he’s, uh, useless, but hopefully with some leveling up he’ll be the aerial King Caesar he’s clearly supposed to be.

Added in 16 minutes 8 seconds:
Also, when you run into the freezing glitch, you just gotta close the game and reopen it, fixes it every time.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

G1985 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:41 am Until this frozen board bug gets fixed, I'm quitting this game. I just went through SIX matches IN A ROW where the clock never counted down and I couldn't place anything. To not even mention it means the developers are either incompetent or else they are aware and somehow benefitting from it themselves.
See:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am Also, when you run into the freezing glitch, you just gotta close the game and reopen it, fixes it every time.
This is what I do. The freezing glitch seems most common if you go to other screens outside of versus (such as expeditions, viewing your team, the shop, or watching ads), then return to versus and try to enter a battle. It's best that once you knock out ads and whatnot for expeditions to just close the game and reopen to prevent issues when entering matches.
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Came up with a new tactic I dubbed "Slingshotting". Use Biollante as your leader and have BioGoji and Minilla on your team. Deploy Godzilla and Minilla right off the bat, then use the Acid Spray. Godzilla and Minilla will then yeet themselves across the board and bum-rush the enemy leader. Godzilla can usually take out any unit they deploy with ease barring a flying unit, especially with Minilla providing stuns. From there, just sit and watch as Godzilla tears the leader apart. Keep in mind both will also have the damage buff from Biollante's acid, and this strat works best when used in or near water.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So I'm seeing the rise of a new tactic involving using the MBAW base to use as cannon fodder. It can be pretty annoying, especially if paired with a Minilla for stun-lock hell. However i've found that a good counter is to use either Hedorah or Ghidorah. You could also nip the issue with a missile strike to the base itself, but Hedorah and Ghidorah are more useful in that they can attack other units after dealing with the MBAWs whereas the missiles are one and done until you get them again.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:40 am
SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 pm Also @Giga. How is SpaceG? Seriously had no luck with him currently. I would have to tech out Biogoji for him but his chump HP is just depressing.
Well after seeing your list of monsters, I can see why :lol: Mine is only level 8 too, but my dudes are still in the early 20s in levels, so he scales pretty nicely with them. He's best on the water-heavy stages like New York and London where he can move slowly but place an absurd amount of crystals for both defense and offense... Mostly defense.
--
Had abit of a...I wouldn't say rough patch with first turn Wall SpaceG strat, but it's slow push. Like if he places a Ghidorah behind it and a G21 it can easily become problematic. For some weird reason a SpaceG can solo a BioGoji because he respawns his crystals as soon as he destroys the second one. However going back to the strat, once that momentum is lost, it's all down hill for the strat. I never really lost board control, but it was a VERY SLOW push forward until it finally buckled. From there everything was up in their face and they forced me to sit for 30seconds grinning like a madlad at my phone.

Added in 29 seconds:
My counter is denying Hedorah to evolve since's my only wave clear and backup anti air. I also get way to aggressive with letting Rodan's lane down to my leader and having my leader deal with him while I smash my entire hand down a single lane.

Added in 6 minutes 30 seconds:
Also people need to stop relying on the stupid place Mothra, watch her go then Energy Base in front of her to force her to turn around. I never understood it last season and I don't get it this season.

You all dummies going like -7 and I can hard counter it all for 2 and then I smash an entire hand down that lane while you struggle to even reach 6 mana to counter with either a waste of mana on Terrestris or Ghidorah. Terrestris isn't a drop and win anymore. He's strong if supported but he's moving to a win more play again. Mothra just doesn't bad touch everything anymore and gets 2 shot by MG while MG doesn't get fazed by her anymore.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Ah that was nice. Some cheap douche is continually spamming the "Come On" sticker while playing units faster than humanly possible.....I win anyway and send a "Too Easy" while he sulks in defeat.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ima just say, the MBAW strat works miracles. They can even melt a BioGoji if they're a high enough level. Throw in Minilla and you have a team composed of pure stun-lock hell. The only hard counter is Ghidorah because of his range and AOE. With the MBAW base + normal MBAWs you can turn this game into Godzilla: Vehicular Warfare.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:56 pm Throw in Minilla and you have a team composed of pure stun-lock hell.
Oh that's a one way ticket to hell for that kinda strat :lol: Minilla's already an annoying little gremlin as it is, but having backup stuns sounds pretty incredible.
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I think I've said this before, but the stickers really need to be either reworked or gotten rid of. There's nothing more infuriating than someone energy-hacking and effortlessly whooping your backside and then sending you a "Thanks!" or a "Too Easy!" Either get rid of those or allow us something to respond to them with. I guess there's "Damn It!" but that just feels like you're merely complaining about losing rather than addressing the other player.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Another botched update. and im about to uninstall. You'll know what I mean when you hit wave 50+. The bullshit starts happening at like Wave 30

I'm not talking the entire screen full of Kamacuras, that's just a meme since your leader deals with it.

No, im talking 2 King Caesaer's dropped on the board followed by 2 Terretrsis and a high level Kong with a G21 behind it. Oh, you have the ENTIRE COLLECTION to use? What's my hand?
Energy Base, Biollante stuck evolving for 33seconds, Tank Base, Heli-base...up next is...minya after that Phsyic Chorus.

Cool guess I'll LOSE THEN!The game FORCES YOU to use everything, you rent a unit a level 1 and it's a brick in your hand. A stupid mechanic that anyone with a damn brain would tell you is a bad idea. Ever play Yu-Gi-Oh! with a dsamn 100 card deck? I did, I bricked and lost opening hand. YOU WILL BRICK AND INSTANTLY LOSE because you cannot overcome a G21 and Kong making their way from half way in the map because the AI can place units like 4 squares from your leader if your entire hand is useless evolvers or facilities. Again, you don't you just lose.

The AI loves to drop SpaceGodzilla and either Kong, G21 or aother horribly unbalanced 4* right behind it and force you to deal with it with nothing but Facilities. By the time you do, the AI just drops 2 Terretrsis's on the extreemes of the board and expects you to deal with that as the entire opening push is bad touching your leader. Being forced into using a Mothra as your leader is just another bad game design. Don;t have Mothra? Don't worry Toho will give you one...AT LEVEL 1. Some of these waves are brutal starting at like level 28+ with a "Recommended level of 6" which is utter bull*.

Clearly Toho is f' inept entirely or balanced this dumb game mode around pre-season 3 4* nerfs which would explain alot.

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
I about had it Toho just releasing unbalanced update after update.

Don't even tell me its a skill issue either. Nearly all of my pieces are 25+ and im having trouble on Wave 60 which is "Recommended level of 16" or some horse* like that. No god damn player with an average of 16 level can complete that stage and I have the damn experience to back up that claim. The problem is just your hand bricking and the enemy placing 16 energy worth of units every like 10 seconds of all horribly unbalanced 4*'s and expecting you to just deal with it. I would, and I can! IF I WASN'T stuck using facilities or useless evoveler because I CANNOT cycle into something that can help me. No im stuck with Biollante who just eat's grass and dies to the 2 King Caeser's who sent her to shadow realm.

Seriously, make it as far as I did before I rage quit and tell me how you enjoyed just getting beat over the head over and over and over and over and over on wave 60 or 59 because you bricked.