Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:08 amHas final form Biollante ever cost more than 3 energy to summon, wasn't this a buff or has she always been 3? I feel like 4 wouldn't be much of a stretch, she's extraordinarily tanky and has some impressive range/dps.
In beta she cost 4 energy for her flower form and 5 for her final form. When the game was officially released they raised her flower form energy cost to 5, so both were 5 at the time.

There was awhile there where Biollante was a pretty bad unit. Toho buffed her a lot to get her to her current meta dominance. That includes lowering her energy cost, raising her HP, increasing her damage, boosting her attack range, enhancing her damage in water and lowering her evolution time. It was the final round of buffs in November that finally pushed her toward the top of the meta.
Breakdown wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:31 pmAlso has anyone else been running Anguirus again? I use him mainly as a damage sponge for scary stuff like Biogoji, King Caesar, etc while another unit throws in damage. He's a very, very effective tank unit.
Anguirus is one of the best tanks in the game, and a very good unit. I'd love to run him... but I just don't have space on my team sadly. I tend to use Biollante as my damage sponge out of necessity in my current lineup.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:31 pm Also has anyone else been running Anguirus again? I use him mainly as a damage sponge for scary stuff like Biogoji, King Caesar, etc while another unit throws in damage. He's a very, very effective tank unit.
Anguirus is incredibly tanky, but also very easily countered with a stunning unit + a swarm of some kind. Still, Bio's also currently my damage sponge, but wouldn't turn up my nose to Anguirus as pieces shift around.

Also, there've been some really interesting team set ups lately! Just ran into a person who centered their deck around Godzilla Earth: send out a distraction unit like Dorats, release Earth, then stall the hell out of your opponent using a combination of the Freezing Sonde, the Psychic Chorus, and Dimension Tide - sonde to slow enemies down enough so Earth can get in a couple of long-ranged strikes, chorus to heal Earth when he's in the flashing 33% HP damage boost zone, and Dimension Tide to draw all enemy units into one spot so Earth can nuke them all at once with his ray. Dude also had Hedorah, so this setup was extremely good for him as well due to his AoE. Somehow won that match, but it was real close...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:52 pm
Breakdown wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:31 pm Also has anyone else been running Anguirus again? I use him mainly as a damage sponge for scary stuff like Biogoji, King Caesar, etc while another unit throws in damage. He's a very, very effective tank unit.
Anguirus is incredibly tanky, but also very easily countered with a stunning unit + a swarm of some kind. Still, Bio's also currently my damage sponge, but wouldn't turn up my nose to Anguirus as pieces shift around.

Also, there've been some really interesting team set ups lately! Just ran into a person who centered their deck around Godzilla Earth: send out a distraction unit like Dorats, release Earth, then stall the hell out of your opponent using a combination of the Freezing Sonde, the Psychic Chorus, and Dimension Tide - sonde to slow enemies down enough so Earth can get in a couple of long-ranged strikes, chorus to heal Earth when he's in the flashing 33% HP damage boost zone, and Dimension Tide to draw all enemy units into one spot so Earth can nuke them all at once with his ray. Dude also had Hedorah, so this setup was extremely good for him as well due to his AoE. Somehow won that match, but it was real close...
Ive seen a boom of Psychic Chorus users, though they often prioritize the wrong unit to use it on. I had a guy heal his Godzilla Earth that was getting mildly harassed by Hedorah instead of his Biogoji that was being mauled to death by Rodan and Anguirus.

Also Ultima + Hedorah + Biollante's acid buff absolutely MURDERS. Definetly my preferred strat atm.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I find it hilarious that as soon as Toho Kingdom jokes about them adding Ultraman to the game, they go and add Showa Jet Jaguar. :lol:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:52 pmJust ran into a person who centered their deck around Godzilla Earth: send out a distraction unit like Dorats, release Earth, then stall the hell out of your opponent using a combination of the Freezing Sonde, the Psychic Chorus, and Dimension Tide - sonde to slow enemies down enough so Earth can get in a couple of long-ranged strikes, chorus to heal Earth when he's in the flashing 33% HP damage boost zone, and Dimension Tide to draw all enemy units into one spot so Earth can nuke them all at once with his ray. Dude also had Hedorah, so this setup was extremely good for him as well due to his AoE. Somehow won that match, but it was real close...
I've just started trying out a Godzilla Earth deck. It's not that strong, as my Godzilla Earth is only level 5, but the concept seems to be working.

General strategy is:
  • Godzilla Earth with healing support from Psychic Chorus and Mothra as a leader (this is crucial, as she heals a % of their health which is very large for Godzilla Earth).
  • Super X and Minilla for support to pick off things attacking Godzilla Earth
  • Megaguirus and Jet Jaguar 2021 for defense
  • Kiryu for halting enemy Super Xs and Energy Bases
The funny thing, likely due to the low level of Godzilla Earth, I have yet to have Godzilla Earth beat a leader. He's just been an attention sponge, as most people focus on him, and wins have all come from a slow grind of stray support or defense units attacking the leader after Godzilla Earth is defeated.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Ugh. Haven't had a cheater this blatant in a while. Some little [unpleasant term] named TROGDOR realized he couldn't beat me fair and square so he just started pumping out an unending stream of Mechagodzilla '93, Jet Jaguar PP, King Ghidorah, Godzilla Terrestris/Ultima, and Kamacuras Swarm. :roll: I hope they stub their toe real bad today.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So according to a Facebook post from the official Battle Line page, some existing units will be made into Leaders and one of the silhouettes they showed was Godzilla Ultima and Heisei Rodan.

Maybe it's just me, but Ultima might be a bit OP as a leader since he'd just snipe most units before they could get into attack range. Unless they nerf the range of his Atomic Breath, he's going to be annoying to deal with.
ImageImage

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 amSo according to a Facebook post from the official Battle Line page, some existing units will be made into Leaders
Oh, thank goodness. Now they can fix the craziness of Ghidorah and the other Godzillas not being leaders, and maybe give my boy Anguirus a chance at leadership.
Breakdown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 amMaybe it's just me, but Ultima might be a bit OP as a leader since he'd just snipe most units before they could get into attack range. Unless they nerf the range of his Atomic Breath, he's going to be annoying to deal with.
Eh, not necessarily. Not just his range, but it also depends on how fast his rate of fire is. If he's focused on a tank like Heisei Godzilla, plenty of other units can walk right up and tear him apart.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:32 pm
Breakdown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 amSo according to a Facebook post from the official Battle Line page, some existing units will be made into Leaders
Oh, thank goodness. Now they can fix the craziness of Ghidorah and the other Godzillas not being leaders, and maybe give my boy Anguirus a chance at leadership.
I believe Anguirus is the only silhouette in the "loading match" screen that isn't already a leader. It's predestined!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 amSo according to a Facebook post from the official Battle Line page, some existing units will be made into Leaders and one of the silhouettes they showed was Godzilla Ultima and Heisei Rodan.
The post mentions three units and shows two. My bet is this round is Ultima, Heisei Rodan and Mecha-King Ghidorah (since we should be getting him soon and May sounds about right).
Breakdown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 amMaybe it's just me, but Ultima might be a bit OP as a leader since he'd just snipe most units before they could get into attack range. Unless they nerf the range of his Atomic Breath, he's going to be annoying to deal with.
They would modify his attack from the unit I imagine. That's normal anyway, for example Godzilla 1989 has a single target attack with low reach as a unit but a multi-unit attack with good reach when a leader.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ultima has been upgraded to a Leader type! Willing to bet his attack range will allow him to strike long-ranged monsters like other Ultimas, Earth, or Minilla, but have super slow dps.

/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Literally everybody and their mother is using Psychic Chorus now and it's driving me up a wall. It's getting to the point where if I see it, I just forfeit the match, because usually either Psychic Chorus users also go hand-in-hand with spamming their other units, or they just prolong the match for so long (and they play like they'd rather die than allow a single unit to perish) that even if I win the match it was so long and stressful that I don't even care anymore.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:23 pm Literally everybody and their mother is using Psychic Chorus now and it's driving me up a wall. It's getting to the point where if I see it, I just forfeit the match, because usually either Psychic Chorus users also go hand-in-hand with spamming their other units, or they just prolong the match for so long (and they play like they'd rather die than allow a single unit to perish) that even if I win the match it was so long and stressful that I don't even care anymore.
It's the new Mothra Lifescales! Got a monster near death, pop one of those and it'll get back pretty much full health no problem. It's pretty crazy. Especially good for the combo Biollante + Megaguirus/Battra.
/crawls back under rock

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I wish Toho would start releasing more 3 star units. They more 4 star chaff they release, the higher the odds are that you get the pieces that you want ( I'm lucky if I get one 4 star map a week).

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:36 pmIt's the new Mothra Lifescales! Got a monster near death, pop one of those and it'll get back pretty much full health no problem. It's pretty crazy. Especially good for the combo Biollante + Megaguirus/Battra.
Yeah, it... It's making the game borderline unplayable for me. I think I'm losing/forfeiting roughly 8 or 9 matches out of 10. Almost every single enemy team is the same - Psycho Chorus, Battra, Biollante, Megaguirus, Mechagodzilla, SpaceGodzilla, Super X, Energy Refueling Base... Maybe there's one wild card unit and of course the leaders change (though there is a noticeable amount of Gigan leaders lately). Nearly all of my units are in their 30s and I keep getting spanked like a newbie. It's making getting through the last couple grades of the Godzilla Pass complete and utter hell. :sigh:
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:08 pm
GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:36 pmIt's the new Mothra Lifescales! Got a monster near death, pop one of those and it'll get back pretty much full health no problem. It's pretty crazy. Especially good for the combo Biollante + Megaguirus/Battra.
Yeah, it... It's making the game borderline unplayable for me. I think I'm losing/forfeiting roughly 8 or 9 matches out of 10. Almost every single enemy team is the same - Psycho Chorus, Battra, Biollante, Megaguirus, Mechagodzilla, SpaceGodzilla, Super X, Energy Refueling Base... Maybe there's one wild card unit and of course the leaders change (though there is a noticeable amount of Gigan leaders lately). Nearly all of my units are in their 30s and I keep getting spanked like a newbie. It's making getting through the last couple grades of the Godzilla Pass complete and utter hell. :sigh:
While it won't be happening till after the season's over, a number of buffs/nerfs incoming! https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 42501.html

Basically:

* Godzilla 1954 will now be 6 energy cost instead of 7
* Destoroyah Larva, Kamacuras, and Kamacuras Swarm are getting increased HP
* Godzilla Earth's attack speed is being increased
* Minilla is having an HP decrease
* Both forms of Biollante are having their attack power lowered
* Psychic Chorus will have its "growth rate" adjusted to "align with other battle pieces"
* Rodan 1993 will now evolve to Fire Rodan even upon death, making it a guaranteed evolution anytime it's played

And of course, the incoming leader units will have support effects that occur when you use their Special Move. Godzilla Ultima and Fire Rodan are confirmed new Leader types, with the last one yet to be revealed.

Also, results of the 2nd official poll!

The only ones not shown on this list are Shin Godzilla, Perfect Form Destoroyah, and Giant Octopus, who made up the top 3 :)
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm* Godzilla 1954 will now be 6 energy cost instead of 7
That's good. I always thought 7 was a bit steep for him considering he's honestly not all that impressive.
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm* Destoroyah Larva, Kamacuras, and Kamacuras Swarm are getting increased HP
As a Kamacuras Swarm user, this pleases me.
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm* Godzilla Earth's attack speed is being increased
Thank God, lol. I get that they don't want to go crazy with his speed since he's already so huge and powerful, but Earth was a bit too slow.
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm* Psychic Chorus will have its "growth rate" adjusted to "align with other battle pieces"
...I don't understand what this means. :?
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm* Rodan 1993 will now evolve to Fire Rodan even upon death, making it a guaranteed evolution anytime it's played
Oh, nice. Rodan '93 always dies too easily when I use him in the challenges and I almost never get to see Fire Rodan. It even makes sense character-wise, as he didn't evolve in the movie until after he'd been beaten by Godzilla.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I hate to double post, but in unrelated topics, did they do something to Rodan '64's AI or something? Because I swear to God, lately he is attacking literally every single thing except what I need him to attack. He'll be right up in the enemy leader's face and then suddenly break off to chase after a single Kamacuras all the way back to my side of the screen. :evil:
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

https://twitter.com/gz_battleline/statu ... RfVgFoXHgg

Mecha King Ghidorah is coming as an evolution for King Ghidorah.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

As expected, there's an explosion of King Ghidorah users with MKG being added. Also, played about a dozen matches with Ultima as my leader and honestly.....he's okay. He suffers from not having any AOE attacks and thus is very vulnerable to getting dogpiled. He still retains some pretty decent range, but man they nerfed the hell out of his beam.
ImageImage