Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GigaBowserG »

Preview's up for the 1-player "Total Advance Battle" mode:

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 8585369608
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Dooooope! Been waiting for a mode like this.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Hey "ramen ikose" why'd you quit just because I was stomping your ass?

I really hope someone I call out will answer me here one day but I don't think it'll ever happen.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:18 pm Hey "ramen ikose" why'd you quit just because I was stomping your ass?

I really hope someone I call out will answer me here one day but I don't think it'll ever happen.
If i ever seem to quit, it’s because my wifi at work sucks. Seems to happen more often when I’m winning though. Maybe my boss is onto me…

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Same here. The server drops me less now than it did a while back, but it still happens.

I never quit an honest match.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

1) I don't know what genius at Toho came up with the "Thanks!" sticker, but there is nothing more infuriating than some asswipe wiping the floor with you in a completely unfair match (whether due to hacking or simply bad matchmaking) and then giving you a "Thanks!" as your leader dies before your eyes. If Toho's going to allow that nonsense, they need to give us "Cheater!" and "F**k you!" stickers, too.

2) Eff the Energy Refueling Station. Just eff it. It's really no different than energy hackers, it just happens to be "official." It either needs to be reworked/rebalanced or just removed from the game. It's ridiculous.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Someone tabulated the votes for the character campaign by comparing the hash tags:

https://me.reddit.com/r/GodzillaBattleL ... tes_heres/

Looks like Kiryu pulled a victory.
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 pm2) Eff the Energy Refueling Station. Just eff it. It's really no different than energy hackers, it just happens to be "official." It either needs to be reworked/rebalanced or just removed from the game. It's ridiculous.
It's one of several units that needs to be rebalanced, although probably not as bad as King Ghidorah. Anyway, the Energy Refueling Base is interesting as it's not all that different from when the game went worldwide. However, the meta has changed around it, which has made it a little too good. It used to be awful back when the Missile Strike and Unmanned Train Bomb were dirt cheap, which meant if you played the base you pretty much just scarified some of your energy for nothing.

After their costs were increased, the meta had Moguera rise up which helped counter it as he was a "free" way to destroy it and then have him march around and do some considerable damage.

However, Moguera got nerfed... and there really isn't a great answer to address it.

What they should do is change it so that the Energy Refueling Base takes considerably longer to get going. As a result, you run the risk of leaving yourself more open when you cast it with the idea the gamble might pay off later.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 pm 1) I don't know what genius at Toho came up with the "Thanks!" sticker, but there is nothing more infuriating than some asswipe wiping the floor with you in a completely unfair match (whether due to hacking or simply bad matchmaking) and then giving you a "Thanks!" as your leader dies before your eyes. If Toho's going to allow that nonsense, they need to give us "Cheater!" and "F**k you!" stickers, too.

2) Eff the Energy Refueling Station. Just eff it. It's really no different than energy hackers, it just happens to be "official." It either needs to be reworked/rebalanced or just removed from the game. It's ridiculous.
Agreed on both. I hate the stickers to begin with. I want to be able to message the cheaters and call them horrible words that would get me banned from social media.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

The refueling base is the reason I always keep missiles in my deck. Most of the time they wipe it out instantly.

Know what I'd love to see? Another POV. How good would it be to see a replay of a finished battle from your leader's eyes, or from a cinematic side angle? Pipe dream, I know, but it'd be something to see.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am The refueling base is the reason I always keep missiles in my deck. Most of the time they wipe it out instantly.

Know what I'd love to see? Another POV. How good would it be to see a replay of a finished battle from your leader's eyes, or from a cinematic side angle? Pipe dream, I know, but it'd be something to see.
You go -1 with missiles though.

Also, your spectator mode. I...got that once. Yeah, I was in a match spectating another match watching them battle. I ended up getting a win because the guy I was spectating won. Fucking weird.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Excelsior wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am The refueling base is the reason I always keep missiles in my deck. Most of the time they wipe it out instantly.
Is that the sole reason? Because the Unmanned Train Bomb would do the job better, since it's 4 energy meaning your opponent comes out one energy behind for having cast the Refueling Base (assuming you get it right away).

I'm actually considering using the Unmanned Train Bomb... it feels like a mild waste as that's all I would use it for is taking out that base, but it might be worth it.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Man, eff this guy. Eff him hard. Eff him and his pet squirrel.

No, your eyes are not deceiving you - That is Kong, Godzilla, Godzilla Ultima, Jet Jaguar, and Battra being played simultaneously. No, I did not pull off a last-minute, heartwarming triumph. It was a worse curbstomping than the final fight of Destroy All Monsters.

I really want to like this game, I really do...
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:23 pm Man, eff this guy. Eff him hard. Eff him and his pet squirrel.

No, your eyes are not deceiving you - That is Kong, Godzilla, Godzilla Ultima, Jet Jaguar, and Battra being played simultaneously. No, I did not pull off a last-minute, heartwarming triumph. It was a worse curbstomping than the final fight of Destroy All Monsters.

I really want to like this game, I really do...
Yeah, "Player Name" is a cheating piece of dog sh*t. I reported him weeks ago.

And as for taking out the energy stations, I prefer using Moguera. He'll wreck it then maybe get a couple hits on the leader before dying.

"No One" is also a f***ing cheater who plays every unit at once. Yawn.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

They recently announced that the 4* monsters will be rebalance in the next update. Thank god too.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Arbok wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 pm
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 pm2) Eff the Energy Refueling Station. Just eff it. It's really no different than energy hackers, it just happens to be "official." It either needs to be reworked/rebalanced or just removed from the game. It's ridiculous.
It's one of several units that needs to be rebalanced, although probably not as bad as King Ghidorah...
I've found that Rodan (mine is at lv19) is the only character that can withstand Ghidorah's attacks AND still do a ton of damage against him, if not completely kill him before he can reach my leader.
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 83002.html

SpaceGodzilla FINALLY getting buffs. Also, they're adding a "Give Up!" button. I hope you still get some coins if you do this!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

I'm surprised Rodan is getting a buff... doesn't feel like he needs his energy cost reduced.

Pretty sure the reason why they are buffing him is because they are improving Megaguirus, and if Rodan was kept the same he would be totally overshadowed. Either way, probably going to be using both of those together once the changes hit.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Well it’s a good thing the game kept giving me SpaceGodzilla pieces for the 4 star rewards, I guess.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Wow. Game says "must update to play", go to the play store and there is no option to update. Sounds about right. :D

Ah. Now it works. And my first match is a cheater who plays every piece at once. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Now a new cheating tactic! Somehow my entire side of the field was frozen, none of my units would spawn or move, and "jarzilla" (seriously WHAT IS IT WITH THESE STUPID NAMES?!) kept playing repeated train bombs on my leader.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.