Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:52 am Wow. Game says "must update to play", go to the play store and there is no option to update. Sounds about right. :D

Ah. Now it works. And my first match is a cheater who plays every piece at once. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Now a new cheating tactic! Somehow my entire side of the field was frozen, none of my units would spawn or move, and "jarzilla" (seriously WHAT IS IT WITH THESE STUPID NAMES?!) kept playing repeated train bombs on my leader.
That last bit might just be due to lag. I've had it happen before when my internet/reception was bad.

Speaking of bad internet, I managed to get my first win of the season today.....followed immediately by a loss because I lagged out of the match. The wifi in my store break room is a hamster running on a wheel.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Why the fuck is it like this, why are there so goddamn many matches where everything just freezes and I can’t play anything or everything glitches to shit. The actual game balance seems fine to me now, things seem good and much better than they were before, but i can barely fucking get an actual fight
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

HEY HEY! Finally got my title!

Anyhow the Leo thing came out of f-nowhere. Wasn't expecting Leo of all things. WHEN BAGAN?

Balance changes...haven't played yet, won't play for a bit - but Ultima is still powerful, Heisei Mothra might actually get the axe since a nerf to her multi hit damage adds up. Megaguirus is just godl(ier) now. SpaceGodzilla is still trashy, but CAN hit as hard as an Ultima but dies to the first moth fart in his general direction, he still needs work.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:46 am The actual game balance seems fine to me now, things seem good and much better than they were before, but i can barely skreeonking get an actual fight
I'm guessing any issues like this? It's being looked into: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 2046525453
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Played 2 matches, both matches went the same way pretty much. My side of the field had zero energy regen, the other side got totally stacked with monsters so I just hit give up. Been in my 3rd match for about 10 minutes now, somehow the other side of the field has all their monsters spawning in and just sitting there, I spawned a Rodan who isn't even phased in and that's literally all I can do. Checked the status of my wi-fi, fully functional, nothing else on my phone is having issues it's only this game and that's 3 matches in a row with the same problem.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Don't give them the satisfaction of you giving up; close the game and make them sit there and watch the 30 second disconnect countdown.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

What the fuck happened to this game?

Pre update I was doing all right. Won a bit, lost a few. All good, I'm not a black belt at this game or anything, but it was fun at least. Post update I'm 1 and 10. Everyone I match with has pieces that I can hardly touch but tear me to shreds. I made level 65 just before the end of the season, so I'm at 55 now, and the matchmaking has made this game unplayable for me.

I get that climbing the ranks means that you get tougher opponents, but cracking that final ceiling has seemingly vaulted me into the realm of whales and cheaters to the point that I basically can't play with any real chance of winning. What kind of future can this model of gameplay maintain?

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:07 pm Don't give them the satisfaction of you giving up; close the game and make them sit there and watch the 30 second disconnect countdown.
Nah if I'm gonna lose trophies either way I'd rather at least gain something rather than only lose trophies and gain nothing. I also don't think it's people cheating. If it is they're locking up their game as well so it's kind of a stupid cheat that has no benefit to them either because they'd also have to give up. Not every single time something in the game goes wrong is because someone is cheating. I'm 99% sure this is a glitch in the game.

As far as matchmaking goes. You have to realize that EVERYONE who was at 65 which was the cap last season, went down to 55. That means you're going to be facing a lot of people with very stacked teams for the first few days of the new update so if you barely made it to 65 last season a lot of the early season will probably mean getting your shit rocked for a while before the big guns start moving back up in the ranks. Honestly it'd make a lot more sense to bring everyone back down to 0 so you get a larger pool of people to face off against but even then there'll still be a lot of completely one sided match ups for the first probably week of the season. I'm pretty sure the system mostly takes your rank into matchmaking rather than the level of individual pieces or else people could have half of their team be unleveled pieces with maybe 3 or 4 big hitters and cheat the system.
Last edited by CheetoKamper on Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:35 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:46 am The actual game balance seems fine to me now, things seem good and much better than they were before, but i can barely skreeonking get an actual fight
I'm guessing any issues like this? It's being looked into: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 2046525453
Balance is alot better. im back to steam rolling people within the first 28 seconds again not using 4*. That's how I can tell it's balanced. The starting starts are still grossly overstated but its a step in the right direction. SpaceG is still trash.

Also new bug for pussy's who connect against you then immediately disconnect giving you the "Yur opponent canceled the match, please match again"

You go into a match, and cant place a damn unit and your opponent can! GLAD THIS BUG IS BACK AGAIN WITH CANCELING AND NOW ITS WORSE THEN EVER!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

"Your opponent has cancelled the match"

Why doesn't anyone want to fight me :(

Also Minilla is low key really good. Pair his stun lock with a heavy hitter like Biogoji or a screen like Destroyah/Kamakuras, and watch your enemy's HP drop like a meteor entering terminal velocity. The little bastard can haul ass too, especially with Biollante's in-water movement buff.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:49 pm "Your opponent has cancelled the match"

Also Minilla is low key really good. Pair his stun lock with a heavy hitter like Biogoji or a screen like Destroyah/Kamakuras, and watch your enemy's HP drop like a meteor entering terminal velocity. The little bastard can haul ass too, especially with Biollante's in-water movement buff.
The canceled match I assume is a connection error, but I wouldn't be surprised if people are abusing it for free win's because Toho refuses to punish abusive players like that.

As for Minya. He was great last season for that reason, but with the "adjustments" and you don't have a cookie cutter meta exodia build anymore. Minya can shine more and oppress while everything else cleans up the field.

I'll say this - currently mopping last Meta builds and queues against top players with a new build. I don't use any 4*. Ghidorah and JJ might be the only exceptions but I'm just gunna throw it out, there might be a counter meta or people are just braindead playing now. I'm sure the Mothra nerf HEAVILY helped along with Ghidorah's dumb range. i also never used Meggy because my Rodan was just superior until she hit like 28, with the update she's superior and I put her in. I never noticed her drain was dummy big. Like jeez, Toho why?

Added in 7 minutes 2 seconds:
oh look!

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! CONNECTION ERROR FREEZE AND THE BATTRA MAINS!

That explains all the Battra mains I encountered today with jankey connections. What's sad is I remember those names from 2 season's ago when they played legit...

*note: This was im sure, done in a closed testing in a Private Match.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:39 pm SpaceG is still trash.
Maybe it's just because I've been on New York, but SpaceG feels strangely viable! He has a significant increase in his attack range, and his crystals pop up like crazy. They make for excellent distractions against flying monsters, and with KG's attacking nerf, even he seems to have trouble handling SpaceG and his crystal frenzy. Actually managed to get a killing blow on a lead with SpaceG.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:08 pm
Breakdown wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:49 pm "Your opponent has cancelled the match"

The canceled match I assume is a connection error, but I wouldn't be surprised if people are abusing it for free win's because Toho refuses to punish abusive players like that.

As for Minya. He was great last season for that reason, but with the "adjustments" and you don't have a cookie cutter meta exodia build anymore. Minya can shine more and oppress while everything else cleans up the field.

I'll say this - currently mopping last Meta builds and queues against top players with a new build. I don't use any 4*. Ghidorah and JJ might be the only exceptions but I'm just gunna throw it out, there might be a counter meta or people are just braindead playing now. I'm sure the Mothra nerf HEAVILY helped along with Ghidorah's dumb range. i also never used Meggy because my Rodan was just superior until she hit like 28, with the update she's superior and I put her in. I never noticed her drain was dummy big. Like jeez, Toho why?

Added in 7 minutes 2 seconds:
oh look!

That explains all the Battra mains I encountered today with jankey connections. What's sad is I remember those names from 2 season's ago when they played legit...

I've only encountered one Battra main, and he straight up missed with his Prism Beam attack lol.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:08 pm oh look!

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUT9UprG7WM[/]
Oh... Now that's just sad.
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:39 pm SpaceG is still trash.
Maybe it's just because I've been on New York, but SpaceG feels strangely viable! He has a significant increase in his attack range, and his crystals pop up like crazy. They make for excellent distractions against flying monsters, and with KG's attacking nerf, even he seems to have trouble handling SpaceG and his crystal frenzy. Actually managed to get a killing blow on a lead with SpaceG.
Yeah his range is actually scary and he CAN on paper hit was a hard as an Ultima along with spamming buffs. It's like every 4/5 second's he pop's more. Anything with an AOE just deals with him though and his 1350 HP at level 8 is just sad.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:43 pm Yeah his range is actually scary and he CAN on paper hit was a hard as an Ultima along with spamming buffs. It's like every 4/5 second's he pop's more. Anything with an AOE just deals with him though and his 1350 HP at level 8 is just sad.
I've found him the most effective when he's just used as a support. So long as there's an Ultima or KG or other slow-walking attacker/tanker on the field, have him waltz right next to them and not only will his crystals sometimes draw the attention of enemy units, he can assist without being the primary target. He's my glorified pressure unit, but not all too great when the field's clear on your side.
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

I've seen a player use SpaceGodzilla really well with the MBAW-93 Base. The base units provided cover along with the crystals that it allowed not just SpaceGodzilla but other units to play havoc.

That said, I was not playing with King Ghidorah who likely would have shut the whole strategy down.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Arbok wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:48 pm I've seen a player use SpaceGodzilla really well with the MBAW-93 Base. The base units provided cover along with the crystals that it allowed not just SpaceGodzilla but other units to play havoc.

That said, I was not playing with King Ghidorah who likely would have shut the whole strategy down.
That could actually be pretty viable even against Ghidorah if he paired them with Minilla. I do wonder how effective a stun-lock build would be.

Use any leader, run tanks like BioGoji, MechaGodzilla, Godzilla Terrestris or Anguirus, and have MBAW+Minilla+MBAW base.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Still bulldozing most builds with my current build along with people being overly reliant on Terrestris still and it's a free -6 for them. In case anyone is wondering and want's to try it out the build is

Leader: Gigan Lvl 2829 (ye, free level!)
BioGoji : Level 30
MechaGodzilla : Level 30
Hedorah : Level 27
Megaguirus : Level 27
King Caesar : Level 24 (I CANNOT get his pieces for the life of me)
Kamacuras : Level 29
Minya : Level 27

Priority is Hedorah evolving. Place Hedorah and guard him. Hedorah NEEDS to be on the field at all time's since he's your wave clear along with replacement Mothra AOE damage and can bad touch fliers. Place him behind your wall, which is Godzilla or MG. Megaguirus is the Ghidorah counter along with MG who can solo a Level 10 Ghidorah no problem. Minya is a nice annoyance with his stun but I use him to curb Ghidorah's and other BioGoji's. King Caesar is placed to swat Terrestris or Mothra's with 0 effort but can also pair with Kamacuras to get that final hit in. I have bullied Terrestris's with only Megaguiurs but I won't guarantee it. Kamacuras is a free taunt/pressure for the front line.

If your opponent drops Ghidorah first, drop MG and anything else to answer it, Odd's are you will win. JJ get's bullied by Kamacuras now or will yeet them and be a 1 hit from death. KC can out DPS alot by himself since hits nearly as hard as my MG with a far lower ATK Speed and his burst is absurd. Use him to answer beefy boi's. BioGoji is your otherwise default option. Drop and watch him work.

I prefer Meggy over Rodan now, since a Meggy of equal level can bully a Rodan w/o her drain. I value the staying power and staying positive in Energy usage. I value aggressive unit trading since I know I can recover board presence faster then my opponent. Unit value is low enough where if I have some board presence I can easily maintain a dominant lead. Some skill involved with placement and knowing what counter's what the majority of the time and knowing when to hold units to intentially take damage to your life points and allow your leader to trade with your opponent while you build board presence. However, as of this update it rarely get's to that point - since it's over within 42 seconds now.

I like how when the game decided t odie on you, and everything freeze's nothing can spawn....

EXCEPT TRAIN DIRECT DAMAGE! You still get hit! Guess what? You lose once the OT tick's down.
Technicality losses like this make me want to throw a brick out the window. I don't run train's because I don't need it. I assume everyone else runs it to abuse this and score the win. Where's the salt emoji?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:16 pmI like how when the game decided t odie on you, and everything freeze's nothing can spawn....
Yeah this is a major issue right now. Probably 1/5th of all my battles are like this. Yesterday had players exploiting the Battra glitch with this to OHKO me (happened three matches in a row, in fact).

Toho really needs to drop everything and fix this glitch, it's the worst in the game's history so far.
SpaceG92 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:16 pmI don't run train's because I don't need it. I assume everyone else runs it to abuse this and score the win. Where's the salt emoji?
I doubt it, unless this is what the Battra players from yesterday were doing after Toho threatened to ban them if they continued exploring the glitch with his special move. Either way, personally most people running trains (me included) do so as an anti-Energy Refueling Base play.
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!