Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:16 pm I hate to double post, but in unrelated topics, did they do something to Rodan '64's AI or something? Because I swear to God, lately he is attacking literally every single thing except what I need him to attack. He'll be right up in the enemy leader's face and then suddenly break off to chase after a single Kamacuras all the way back to my side of the screen. :evil:
Nope, he's always been extremely aggressive to pretty much everything that's not the target you're aiming for :lol: If flying toward a leader and is right up in their face, but the leader spawns a monster directly behind Rodan, he'll do a complete 180 and attack whatever just spawned, despite having his sights on the leader just moments prior. These days, I'll use Rodan as a back-up rushdown unit, I never really rely on him to kill anything unless it's a Super X or a distracted KG, unless he receives the attack boost from Battra.

Also, the new leader units are pretty cool! MKG seems a little jank, feels oddly rushed. Still quite an imposing unit, though, even if he's seemingly just a very slightly stronger KG.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I’m not gonna lie, I am becoming annoyed now with the amount of Fire Rodans flooding the matches. Other than that, I like the update, but I have to say I’m not TOO crazed about MKG. Hopefully next month is something a bit more unusual or exciting.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MothraRocks wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:18 pm I’m not gonna lie, I am becoming annoyed now with the amount of Fire Rodans flooding the matches. Other than that, I like the update, but I have to say I’m not TOO crazed about MKG. Hopefully next month is something a bit more unusual or exciting.
Between Fire Rodan and the onslaught of Ghidorahs, yeah it's pretty annoying. Fortunately most of my characters can deal with them with relative ease. I had to modify my deck to counter the Fire Rodan and Ghidorah spam. I will say, DesGhidorah still trumps King Ghidorah in a 1v1. At worst, they simply kill each other. That burning shockwave he releases when summoned is an absolute killer against grouped-up enemies with the fire damage. Also, anyone else use Rose Biollante as a sort of "defense turret" for your leader? :lol: She's useless against air units, but her AoE vine attack is useful for leaders who don't have an AoE attack of their own *cough*ULTIMA*cough*

My current setup is:

Godzilla Ultima lvl. 8 (Leader)

Biollante lvl. 7

Rodan '64 lvl. 23

DesGhidorah lvl. 6

Anguirus lvl. 23

Hedorah lvl. 22

Biogoji lvl. 23

Super-X lvl. 19
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Any predictions for any more monsterverse incarnation might come to this game?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun May 01, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:15 am Any predictions for any more monsterverse incarnation might come to this game?
Probably not until the TV series comes out. Only because the Godzilla vs. Kong pieces were a limited Time thing. So likely, legal stuff prevents Monsterverse unless it’s for promotions.

Just conjecture on my part, though.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:12 pm
MothraRocks wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:18 pm I’m not gonna lie, I am becoming annoyed now with the amount of Fire Rodans flooding the matches. Other than that, I like the update, but I have to say I’m not TOO crazed about MKG. Hopefully next month is something a bit more unusual or exciting.
My current setup is:

Godzilla Ultima lvl. 8 (Leader)

Biollante lvl. 7

Rodan '64 lvl. 23

DesGhidorah lvl. 6

Anguirus lvl. 23

Hedorah lvl. 22

Biogoji lvl. 23

Super-X lvl. 19
My current setup...
Spoiler:
Godzilla 1989 Lv.34 (Leader)
Unmanned Train Bomb Lv.27
Rodan 1964 Lv.33
SpaceGodzilla Lv.21
Battra Lv.13
Kamacuras Lv.35
Hedorah Lv.33
Minilla Lv.34

My team's primarily about stalling. SpaceG's crystals work wonders with slowing the enemy down, and also provide a nice attack bonus, but this isn't entirely necessary. SpaceG himself is just a walking, stalling fortress.
Rodan's great for G1989 and Biollante, chipping away at their HP as they can't do anything about it, or for rushing down certain evolutionary units with some aid (Terrestris, KG). Also costs slightly less than the Super X, so it's a decent trade in certain situations.
Kamacuras is part of the Expendables, they're basically there just to die, as they make for pretty great distractions for Super X or slowing down Battra and his eternal attack buff. Also, if someone's feeling cheeky and tries to drop Kiryu or Moguera on my lead, they can dish out some nasty damage when all 3 are slashing away. Watching some 6-energy unit fall to a 2-energy one always feels like a win.
Speaking of, Battra only recently came into play since I kept getting bested by land-based units (Caesar, Biollante), so having a flying unit that doubles as an attack-up is super handy. My primary offensive force... which isn't saying much, since he gets ripped apart just as easily as toilet paper.
Hedorah is strictly for the AoE. Takes out swarms pretty much instantly, and has an added bonus of hitting multiple units at once if they're all nicely grouped together. Previously used Biollante, but the attack nerf hit her pretty hard, and mine wasn't exactly very high level to begin with.
Minilla's just for stalling. Extremely effective if I can get SpaceG to walk by as he's spawning crystals while Minilla hits the nearby unit with the smoke ring, causing said unit to instantly target the crystal and keep them preoccupied. Can't take a hit himself anymore due to his HP nerf, but is still a pretty fantastic unit.
Godzilla 1989... doesn't mesh at all with this team, as Battra's attack buff rarely gives out by the time he dies, and SpaceG is constantly spawning crystals anyway giving him mini-attack boosts throughout the match. Still, his use as a damage sponge is unmatched, and he packs a punch with every strike. Swarms are a non-issue. I'll often intentionally allow him to be clobbered by Super X or Minilla since he can take it, while my units slowly advance unharmed on the other side of the field.

I kind of wonder how MKG would do as a lead, and been thinking of swapping out the train bomb for Psychic Chorus if I can get that leveled... Super X would probably work pretty well with this setup, but it's just too high an energy cost for something that drops extremely easily to everything, while its slow DPS is easily exploitable.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

KingCornetto wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:01 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:15 am Any predictions for any more monsterverse incarnation might come to this game?
Probably not until the TV series comes out. Only because the Godzilla vs. Kong pieces were a limited Time thing. So likely, legal stuff prevents Monsterverse unless it’s for promotions.

Just conjecture on my part, though.
I'm sure they'd like to have another Ghidorah, so maybe his MV version?

Wait, where did Kaiser G finish in the last poll? If he was in the top 5 we should get him eventually.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Excelsior wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:23 pm I'm sure they'd like to have another Ghidorah, so maybe his MV version?

Wait, where did Kaiser G finish in the last poll? If he was in the top 5 we should get him eventually.
4th, bested only by Shin, Destoroyah, and Giant Octopus. He was lumped together with Monster X, so good chance they'd be introduced as a single unit if introduced. Seems the team's more interested in keeping the top 3 hidden at this time, they haven't revealed who was actually #1 yet.
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:15 amAny predictions for any more monsterverse incarnation might come to this game?
MUTO and Behemoth could be fun. MUTO could use their EMP in some way, though I'm not entirely sure how - Momentarily freezing opponents caught in it? Even though that doesn't really make sense in-universe... maybe it'd only affect SDF and mech units? And Behemoth could just charge forward and not have an actual attack, but damage any units that come into contact with his tusks.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I actually do wonder if they implement MV Ghidorah how will it work?

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Got my G-material for running the gauntlet of leaders, giving me a total of 3. Now I don't know what to use them on. I'd been building G21 with them since it's the only way to do it now that he and Kong have been removed from the shop, but I'm not sure if I want to carry on with that strategy any more. I just don't see him being powerful enough to make an impact no matter how high I build him.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Excelsior wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:51 pm Got my G-material for running the gauntlet of leaders, giving me a total of 3. Now I don't know what to use them on. I'd been building G21 with them since it's the only way to do it now that he and Kong have been removed from the shop, but I'm not sure if I want to carry on with that strategy any more. I just don't see him being powerful enough to make an impact no matter how high I build him.
I feel the same way. Part of me wants to keep powering up G21 and Kong because they’re pretty decent, but on the other hand it’s like, is it worth it? Since we can’t get them in the shop anymore we have to use g materials and idk if I can get them to a high enough level to warrant it.

On another note, did the Super X get a buff or something? They were already a pain but now I’m getting them every match and they are DEALING some damage and of course my Rodan goes for anything but it.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

MothraRocks wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:14 amOn another note, did the Super X get a buff or something? They were already a pain but now I’m getting them every match and they are DEALING some damage and of course my Rodan goes for anything but it.
Yeah, Super X went from a decent way to pick off swarm units to holy crap they're soloing my Anguirus.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the Super-X absolutely mulching damage-sponge units like Anguirus and Godzilla lol
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Super X seems about the same to me, but then I have pretty much no tanky units in my party. Powering it up with SpaceGodzilla crystals or Battra can be quite a problem.
/crawls back under rock

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

As it just me, or is Space Godzilla a freaking juggernaut now? He's certain death in most of the games I face him in.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Excelsior wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:45 pm As it just me, or is Space Godzilla a freaking juggernaut now? He's certain death in most of the games I face him in.
Dunno, I don't recall him getting buffed last patch. I think it's because of that one event where he was the featured leader that allowed people to level him up. I tend to get him, Biollante and Terrestris most frequently out of purple boxes for some reason, lol.
ImageImage

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I have no idea why they took out Godzilla 2021 and Kong out of the store, Like there’s no reason to do that

Added in 46 seconds:
Can you still get one by having sheer luck from opening up those lootboxes

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:39 pm I have no idea why they took out Godzilla 2021 and Kong out of the store, Like there’s no reason to do that

Added in 46 seconds:
Nope, not available in those. The GvK collab has run its course.
/crawls back under rock

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:24 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:39 pm I have no idea why they took out Godzilla 2021 and Kong out of the store, Like there’s no reason to do that

Added in 46 seconds:
Nope, not available in those. The GvK collab has run its course.
Ah poo, why did they remove them?