Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by SpaceG92 »

Arbok wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:31 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 am It's an issue when they pair Mothra with their little cheat programs that give them unlimited energy so they can play 5 pieces as soon as the game starts.
Anyone using that cheat should be able to win against you. I'd imagine even someone with maxed units probably can't win against a cheater using the energy cheat.

Anyway, for Mothra I find the best strategy is to go all offense. Stealth Bomber, Moguera, King Caesar and Rodan being optimal and try to take them out as quickly as possible. I rarely worry about defending myself, because I often win these matches by defeating them before they can get Godzilla into kill range. If I can't... well they won.
^ This

I actually got close to beating a cheat bot several times just by rocketing their units and getting mine close enough to aggro. I've only beaten cheaters a few times and it was via direct damage. As someone with high level pieces, they make a difference. But the swarms DPS and the Helibase just shred your large hp chunkie bois faster then you can drop em.

Arbok wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:31 am EDIT: Oh, also, apologies SpaceG92. Didn't realize closing the game during the match up screen can cause errors and have stopped doing that (I find it's sometimes faster to grind G-tokens by forcing bot matches by losing three times quickly).
Hehe, honestly neither did I until I put 2 and 2 together :P No worries, no hard feeling :P . Sorry about matching up against you though D: :freak:
GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:18 pm ...
You need to ad voice commentary one of these days Giga :P

So this is a thing at level 10 now...they take 3. EVEN MORE SUS of that guy with a 17 Mothra. I mean, not all IMPOSSIBLE. It is if you got massively lucky in rolls and in the shop. I'm sure at 15 they go up to 4 per.

*Lol, level 9 Ghidorah and he still sucks horribly
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:28 pmSorry about matching up against you though D: :freak:
Hey, at least you defeat me quickly.

Better than being paired up against someone who is in the top 20 of the leader board and decides to start the match with Hedorah Flying and the Energy base... instead of just going for the kill.
SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:28 pm EVEN MORE SUS of that guy with a 17 Mothra. I mean, not all IMPOSSIBLE. It is if you got massively lucky in rolls and in the shop.
I'm sure at least someone in the game is pouring thousands into it, which would more than make it possible. Feels like a lot of free to play titles have at least one epic whale who does, if not several.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Arbok wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:30 pm I'm sure at least someone in the game is pouring thousands into it, which would more than make it possible. Feels like a lot of free to play titles have at least one epic whale who does, if not several.
Taking a letter from the Top 3 but to not flex how I spent 4 grand. Changing my name every so often now. Tired of getting the new Error Code 10 and just losing outright because people recognize me. /sigh. Close Toho, but not close enough.

I can count like 6. 2 of which are playing Gate Keeper in the lower top 100 and its really pissing me off seeing them helicopter in the same range. Sure, I have an extremely high level deck, the thing is. I'm where I belong. If the match maker is cruel and pits you up against me that's honestly just the dice roll. Helicoptering at a lower trophy range with a full 30 deck is just being a shit head.

Note, especially last season. You can get high in the Top ranking by just playing and throwing yourself against a wall. Eventually just grinding out more trophies*
ENJOY THIS MATCH EARLIER TODAY!

I'll give you ONLY 1 guess on how well this turned out for this lad with a name like that...
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 pmTaking a letter from the Top 3 but to not flex how I spent 4 grand.
Oh wow, hadn't realized.

As a slightly pedestrian question, any advice on getting Jet Jaguar? Seems like the first unit with time limited tasks that isn't a guarantee to get. Feeling like the best way is just to rush expeditions hoping he's gotten.
SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 pmChanging my name every so often now.
What's your username now? (just so I know when facing you)

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:40 pmYour leader should ONLY be fighting...

Well, ideally nothing
Well, yeah, sure, in a perfect world. But in the meanwhile, y'know... shiitake happens.
SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 pmTaking a letter from the Top 3 but to not flex how I spent 4 grand.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I want this Energy Refueling Station bullshit to stop yesterday
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:49 am I want this Energy Refueling Station bullshit to stop yesterday
I've never really had those be much of an issue tbh. You can missile strike them as soon as the enemy builds one or I can just use Swarms to mulch anything they send out with the extra energy.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

My favorite tactic against the Energy Refueling Station is to just send Moguera into it.

Depending on how they react, that could be an almost free destruction of it and then some extra damage against the leader from Moguera targeting them next.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

I absolutely hate how many invincible Mothras are out there right now. Most of my losses have been to this strat and it's frustrating.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:51 am I absolutely hate how many invincible Mothras are out there right now. Most of my losses have been to this strat and it's frustrating.
Mothra as a leader is very unbalanced.

Only thing holding her back right now is that she is a four star, and therefore very hard to level up. As a result, Mothra tends to get left behind right now in the top tiers as high level Stealth Bombers, Moguera, King Caesar and sometimes Rodan can take her out before her Godzilla can get into range. The one thing I like about Mothra matchups right now is that they are quick, with either them or me losing rather fast.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

That's the one bright side: Mothra is really squishy compared to Godzilla and Mechagodzilla. But beyond that? It's frustrating to sit there and fight to survive her special as the player craps out units like a bad night at Chipotle in seconds.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:22 am
lol that was typed wrong. I meant how the top 4 spent like 4 grand lol -

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Still can’t find anyone to play with. Going to have to give up the game at this point.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:52 pm Still can’t find anyone to play with. Going to have to give up the game at this point.
Whats your rank currently? Might have something to do with it.

Some good advice, especially when fighting an Anguirus or BioGoji. If you dont have the mana but the monster to win, but u need to stall. In the case of BioGoji, if he comes down near a building but not near enough to attack it. Wait until he gets a bit closer then drop a quick unit like Kamacuras near the building. Godzilla will turn and face towards the building, swat the Kamacuras then get offended a building is in his way. Ultimately its a gamble because the AI is weird sometimes. If successful, your leader will have plenty of free DPS on him. Takes some good timing, same with dropping a Kamacuras right on or near your Mothra, and Moguera will attack the Kamacuras instead unless they know how to place it.

ALSO IMPORTANT NEWS!
If you get the "your opponent canceled the battle, plz try again noob" error and you load into a blank match. just wait it out, its still a live game and its a war of who wants the win more. Whoever leaves gives the other the win and everything is restored after that. It's basically the new error code 10 but its more manageable because I manged to get it with a friend and we found a way of solving it.

I'm also trying out degenerate Mothra and wow. Soul crushing. Though the soul crushing feeling I get when I full heal 12 Energy worth of stuff for 2 mana is absolutely disgusting. Bombers scare me and a high level Moguera will kill me in 2 waves if I dont hold the Kamacuras but its usually over because I God Gigan mostly.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

In case anyone is wondering if the swarms get less impactful when fighting higher level HP cow's like Godzilla. no. Destoroyah Swarms melt Godzilla like butter. Easy counter to a BioGoji is just to drop a swarm and hope the opponent doesn't run direct damage.

Hedorah's Acid damage apparently counts towards JJ's spear blocking counter. I dont have one to test but I just dropped a Hedorah far right and JJ spawned. He lost his spear. Interesting, shouldn't work like that imo but okay.

New Weekly Sale. 3300 Kidney Stones and a Rare Map.
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Just battled someone who fielded Destroyah, Kamacuras, more Kamacuras and trains. With the occasional MG thrown in.

I won. It was glorious.

Thinking about putting out and all-mech team. MG lead, Moguera, choppers, tanks, etc. I'll probably lose, since most of those units haven't been built up yet, but it might be fun.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:32 pm Just battled someone who fielded Destroyah, Kamacuras, more Kamacuras and trains. With the occasional MG thrown in.

I won. It was glorious.

Thinking about putting out and all-mech team. MG lead, Moguera, choppers, tanks, etc. I'll probably lose, since most of those units haven't been built up yet, but it might be fun.
Fought one from I swear was a bot, I wasn't able to find him in the top 1000 players. He had the above, with Kamacuras Swarm and Energy base. I had no direct damage ot deal with it, but the constant stun lock was absolute bullshit.

Also can #1-3 not play for a day? You all don't need to shit another grand and a half every week into the game and constantly flex your infinite credit line.
GIGAN! PLZ! Stop being a derp and moving NOT in a straight line. place him on the far right, he moves at an angle and is now center line, gets stuck inbetween a building and a godzilla and dies.

NEVER SEEN that happen with my opponents Gigan, they aren't challenged with lateral movement and make a straight line behind the backrow. Mine? Nah, far left placement, goes forward, looks at the Facility one square infront of it, ignore it and walks 4 squares over to Godzilla leader. Yo, i tried that, nah enemy Gigan's just make a beeline for the Energy Reactor and smacks it.

WTF, can I trade my Gigan for one that isnt defective
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I'll never understand people who pour hundreds if not thousands of dollars into FREE mobile games that probably won't be receiving updates - or possibly even exist - in a year or two.

I've bought the premium pass for both months this game has been in the US thus far and that's the most money I've ever spent on a mobile game.

Also, has Mothra's STUPID ASS SCALES finally been nerfed? Someone just used it against me and it only healed their Godzilla half way, once, and didn't continuously regen.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:24 pm Also, has Mothra's STUPID ASS SCALES finally been nerfed? Someone just used it against me and it only healed their Godzilla half way, once, and didn't continuously regen.
Hundred I can get because it will add up eventually.

Also - Mothra's scales weren't nerfed, why would though nerf a 2 Energy cost basically place 14 Energy of Units for 2 (a full heal on everything you have). They fixed it. It was bugged and was sometimes double dipping on the heal and restored 20% of the HP a second for like 5/8 seconds before getting its normal values. I believe the initial animation played out was the duration of the bug, but yeah no longer double dipping.

It's still degenerate though.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I mean, yeah, okay. If someone wants to spend $5, 10, 20 a month on it, I can see that.

But to do it all at once? Mind-blowing. Or maybe I'm just broke.

Yeah, until today literally everyone that used the scales on me, it fully healed all their units in play and they got a regen effect for several seconds where they literally could not die unless you could deal enough damage in a single strike to kill the unit. The most broken thing I have ever seen.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"