Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I need so many goddamn G-tokens because everyone I fight has way higher level shit than I do, but I can’t fucking get any because all of the weekly challenges are actually stupid.
“Win 3 rounds using a leader who dies if a Kamacuras gets to them.”
“Get five victories on a map you haven’t seen in days.”
“Win five matches with a unit on your team who will accomplish literally nothing because we made him bad on purpose as a joke.”
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:23 am I can almost taste the fear in a Mothra main when their invincible Kaiju strat fails spectacularly, and your units proceed to absolutely steamroll her in retaliation.

Also my winning streak came to an end. The first loss was to a SpaceGodzilla who's units were a waaay higher level than mine (it wasn't SG92) and the other loss was due to me getting too overconfident.
Yeah, killing Mothra has really become my sole reason for playing at this point.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 am
Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:23 am I can almost taste the fear in a Mothra main when their invincible Kaiju strat fails spectacularly, and your units proceed to absolutely steamroll her in retaliation.

Also my winning streak came to an end. The first loss was to a SpaceGodzilla who's units were a waaay higher level than mine (it wasn't SG92) and the other loss was due to me getting too overconfident.
Yeah, killing Mothra has really become my sole reason for playing at this point.
*Tehe. You'll know when it's me :P

I don't like to say I enjoy bullying Mothra players, I like to say i'm teaching them how to play it proper.

1: Don't turn 1 Rocket or Moguera. You WILL be punished and lose board control. Sometimes you have a dead hand and that is acceptable then.

2: Always hold a Rodan, MG or Kamacuras. Why? You play your MG, your opponent drops a bomber - you need to counter. Either swarm it, or Rodan it. Bomber dies, now they drop their Rodan the other lane. Oops, now your dead. Not quite. If you place the Kamacuras a bit over from their Rodan. It can lead the Rodan away and by some time for your Swarm or other AA units to die and counter it. Also, Kamacuras is an instant counter to Moguera. Just place it a bit after you see the visual for Moguera digging on your side (when they target the square, theres a quick animation of digging ground where they selected. That's your target). If dont right, Moguera will attack the Kamacuras instead and hopefully get mauled by it.

3: GUARD! YOUR! SIDES!
How many wins I got under 25 seconds because they dumped everything middle and popped scales on an empty board and all I did was drop the Homicide Goose and watch it bad touch Mothra to victory. This is even before their units even make it to the 2/3rd's lane. All it takes is bad luck Gigan or The Flying Battleship to one way ticket you back to the main menu, all because you over committed. Pop scales right before a counter push to offset the damage, ultimately it adds up the same albeit a bit healing wasted. You would rather pop it a bit early then a bit late and they drop some more DPS and maul your UBER-Unit. Sometime's its not worth scaling at all. Reset the board, build it up stronger and better placement, then use the scales.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 am I need so many goddamn G-tokens because everyone I fight has way higher level shit than I do, but I can’t fucking get any because all of the weekly challenges are actually stupid.
“Win 3 rounds using a leader who dies if a Kamacuras gets to them.”
“Get five victories on a map you haven’t seen in days.”
“Win five matches with a unit on your team who will accomplish literally nothing because we made him bad on purpose as a joke.”
If it makes you feel better. I have to take an L sometimes trying to play with a fucking underleveled Tank Base. If I could carry 300 wins with a dead ass Terrestris in my hand, I can do it for 3 wins with a Tank Base. Still doesn't change the fact it's brutal when it asks for like 3 Leader Wins. Those are my re-roll targets.

That and London Night - because I still have 0 wins on it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:51 pm1: Don't turn 1 Rocket or Moguera. You WILL be punished and lose board control. Sometimes you have a dead hand and that is acceptable then.
I love when people missile strike or train bomb my Godzilla turn 1, wasting like 5 energy and taking that threat out of the equation so my swarms can move up unimpeded. With the energy you waste on missile striking the leader you could have used that energy for a worthwhile unit like Rodan or Anguirus.

Admittedly, I used to use the missile strike + Moguera Surprise Party combo to decimate Mothra's HP as quickly as possible. Now I find that it's far more efficient to let her do her thing, kill her buffed monster with hordes of Kamakuras + Hedorah, then march up and swat her like a fly while she's vulnerable with low energy.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:51 pm1: Don't turn 1 Rocket or Moguera. You WILL be punished and lose board control. Sometimes you have a dead hand and that is acceptable then.
...Admittedly, I used to use the missile strike + Moguera Surprise Party combo to decimate Mothra's HP as quickly as possible. Now I find that it's far more efficient to let her do her thing, kill her buffed monster with hordes of Kamakuras + Hedorah, then march up and swat her like a fly while she's vulnerable with low energy.
Basically this. If you try the one-turn combo and it fails, your just doomed. Just play the game, and get the chip damage in. Play the waiting game.

Also people who hang up on the connection because they disconnected to fast or whatever BS they are doing, need to get kicked in the face. You're making me lose ranking. I take that V-E-R-Y personally and I will f#$king steamroll you relentlessly from now on if I ever see you again.

Added in 2 hours 5 minutes 42 seconds:
Arbok wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:46 pm -quoted for notification-
Waiting for the disconnectors to go away lol - decided to take some time and compile some Expedition Maps, with complete cost if applicable at the moment.

MASSIVELY incomplete.

There's still;
Highly Rare Expedition Map (High Chance of 3* discovery)
Highly Mysterious Expedition Map (All 2* or Higher)

Mysterious Expedition Map (All 3* or Higher)
Legendary Mysterious Map (1 Discovery, 4* Guarantee / Do not have a screen of the map)
SP Collab Part 1 (Terrestris)
GVK Kong Collab 1 (Kong)

-anyhow. Below is a cropped version and a few are cropped and remade to trim the fat about pull rates and what not

Normal Expedition Map
Obtained by: Random PvP Arena Win Reward
Other Obtain Methods: End of Arena Season Rank Reward, Various Ranks
Spoiler:
Monster Island Expedition Map
Other Obtain Methods: Can be purchased in the Shop under the Daily Sale
Other Obtain Methods: Various Pack Bundles (Confirmation Needed)
Other Obtain Methods: Various Arena Commemoration Bundles (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
Rare Expedition Map
Other Obtain Methods: Can be purchased in the Shop under the Daily Sale
Other Obtain Methods: Various Pack Bundles
Spoiler:
Highly Rare Expedition Map
Other Obtain Methods: ??? (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
Mysterious Expedition Map
Other Obtain Methods: (As of posting) End the Arena Season with a Arena Rank of 16 or Higher
Other Obtain Methods: Various Pack Bundles (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
Highly Mysterious Expedition Map
Other Obtain Methods: ??? (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
[3★ Discovery] Mysterious Expedition Map
Obtained by: (As of posting) Purchase from the Shop for 2000 G-Crystals
Other Obtain Methods: ???
Spoiler:
[Godzilla S.P Collaboration]Singular Point Expedition Map Part II
Obtained by: (As of posting) Purchase from the Shop for 2000 G-Crystals
Other Obtain Methods: Purchase the Singular Point Collaboration Bundle for xx G-Crystals
Spoiler:
Legendary Expedition Map
Spoiler:
[4★ Discovery] Mysterious Expedition Map
Obtained by: (As of posting) End the Arena Season with a Arena Rank of 46 or Higher
Other Obtain Methods: ???
Spoiler:
Added in 21 minutes 22 seconds:
>"The match was canceled because your opponent canceled the match. Please try again"
>Loading back to screen
>Reopen's game
>You lost the match -21

>I WILL FUCKinG END ALL OF YOU!

Back to renaming every 10 rounds...
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I'm just happy that I'm nearing 2500 gems so I can get some tokens. I've got a lot of upgrades to make.

Any idea when the promised update will take place? I'm interested in seeing what changes they make.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:51 pm I'm just happy that I'm nearing 2500 gems so I can get some tokens. I've got a lot of upgrades to make.

Any idea when the promised update will take place? I'm interested in seeing what changes they make.
We are planning to make major adjustments to the balance in the update scheduled for release at the end of this month, and to raise the parameters of rare battle pieces at a low level so that they can start playing an active role in battle from an early stage.

Arbok wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:46 pm -Quote for notificaiton-
Just had one of these show up in the rewards. Made a quick one -

Legendary Expedition Map
Spoiler:

1 *

Level 28: 24000 (Update: This was mislabeled as the Level 27 update cost prior)
Level 29: 27000
3 *

Level 26: 21000

I need to do some serious testing, but today I might have been lucky. 3 levels on my units and half way to 100 on BioGoji. I wonder if just popping maps as soon as you get them might be the way to go assuming you can spare the cash. It's also just luck too. 4 4* maps today alone seems a bit nutso. Also spamming the 2000 3*+ Map im sure is the meta for grinding non-event 4*'s but that's nieuther here no there right now.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

And now we're back to the server kicking me out all the time. Three times in a row now I've "lost" because of this. My network is fine, and my connection is strong, so the problem is not on my end.

It had been doing better. It's been a while since this has happened, but it looks like my reprieve is over.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:55 am And now we're back to the server kicking me out all the time. Three times in a row now I've "lost" because of this. My network is fine, and my connection is strong, so the problem is not on my end.

It had been doing better. It's been a while since this has happened, but it looks like my reprieve is over.
If it makes you feel anybetter. I constantly get something similar. People drop the match right as it connects, creating a "Your opponent left" error. The next match the entire screen is missing the UI and is frozen. I can "recive" this error from someone else who has it, but it just stays forever on the "Match Found" screen.

Forced to take an L.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

What they fucking fuck. Two more disconnects, the last time as I dealt a Bio the fatal blow. This is fucking ridiculous.

And why is it that, on the rare occasions that my opponent disconnects, he has 30 seconds to get back in but with me it's on instant cutoff?

Shit like this pisses me off.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:33 am What they fucking fuck. Two more disconnects, the last time as I dealt a Bio the fatal blow. This is fucking ridiculous.

And why is it that, on the rare occasions that my opponent disconnects, he has 30 seconds to get back in but with me it's on instant cutoff?

Shit like this pisses me off.
If he disconnects its over - if the connection =potato it gives the timer.

Surprise Maintaince?
https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 72501.html
■ Maintenance Contents

・The duration of the special missions will be extended.
・shop Update

The following items will not be implemented during this maintenance.
Please wait for a while.
・Response to compensate for the bonus bank problem that occurred 7/23.
・Response to make up for the G-token campaign that was cancelled on 6/28.
・The total number of G tokens earned will be processed for customers who have not yet received their tokens.
Nani? Shop update?

Also them pushing back the bonus bank compensation is a meme at this point and I actually hope it never happens. Every game has a meme. This is Battle Line's.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So is there any word on whether or not they'll buff 4 star monsters? As it stands, there is literally no reason to use them because they're as weak as base-level units and are nigh impossible to level up. At least having good stats justifies their rarity.
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:38 pm So is there any word on whether or not they'll buff 4 star monsters? As it stands, there is literally no reason to use them because they're as weak as base-level units and are nigh impossible to level up. At least having good stats justifies their rarity.
Not specifics, but it was mentioned the next balance update would tackle this in some way:

"We are planning to make major adjustments to the balance in the update scheduled for release at the end of this month, and to raise the parameters of rare battle pieces at a low level so that they can start playing an active role in battle from an early stage. We will also adjust how the parameters of battle pieces of different rarities change as they are leveled up.

We believe this will reduce the number of cases in which newly acquired 4★ battle pieces are not able to play an active role, and make it easier to incorporate them into a team immediately after acquisition."
https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 71602.html
If it bites... don't mess with it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Hopefully that will shake up the Meta. See some experimentation going on with the 4*.

On that note - we might see more people using Mothra Leaders as a consequence.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Arbok wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:38 pm So is there any word on whether or not they'll buff 4 star monsters? As it stands, there is literally no reason to use them because they're as weak as base-level units and are nigh impossible to level up. At least having good stats justifies their rarity.
Not specifics, but it was mentioned the next balance update would tackle this in some way:

"We are planning to make major adjustments to the balance in the update scheduled for release at the end of this month, and to raise the parameters of rare battle pieces at a low level so that they can start playing an active role in battle from an early stage. We will also adjust how the parameters of battle pieces of different rarities change as they are leveled up.

We believe this will reduce the number of cases in which newly acquired 4★ battle pieces are not able to play an active role, and make it easier to incorporate them into a team immediately after acquisition."
https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 71602.html
Well, it's better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully I'll finally be able to use Biollante as a leader that won't die from getting poked too hard.
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pmOn that note - we might see more people using Mothra Leaders as a consequence.
They really need to balance Mothra. The only thing keeping her in check right now as a leader is her level versus the gold leaders.
Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:02 pm Well, it's better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully I'll finally be able to use Biollante as a leader that won't die from getting poked too hard.
Biollante has the potential to be a pretty good leader thanks to her attack swiping at everything around her. Still won't measure up to Mothra or Kong, though (assuming they leave his ability as buffing 4+ energy units, despite what the in game text says).

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Arbok wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:14 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pmOn that note - we might see more people using Mothra Leaders as a consequence.
They really need to balance Mothra. The only thing keeping her in check right now as a leader is her level versus the gold leaders.
Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:02 pm Well, it's better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully I'll finally be able to use Biollante as a leader that won't die from getting poked too hard.
Biollante has the potential to be a pretty good leader thanks to her attack swiping at everything around her. Still won't measure up to Mothra or Kong, though (assuming they leave his ability as buffing 4+ energy units, despite what the in game text says).
Yeah, Kong's special attack is monstrously strong even at a base level. Mothra honestly isn't too hard to manage now that my units aren't under-leveled anymore and that the bug with her healing has been fixed. These past few matches against Mothra players have been pretty easy. I've noticed that when their tank kaiju (Godzilla, Anguirus, etc) are at risk of dying too soon, they panic and pop the Scales off early. However by then their monsters are usually too badly wounded to recover any significant amount of HP. If you drop a Kamakuras swarm + Destroyah Swarm they can put out DPS faster than the Scales can heal. After taking a huge hit to their energy meter from a failed Invincible play, they're extremely vulnerable to a counterattack. I nearly solo'd a Mothra with fucking Moguera because she blew all her energy on an Invincible attempt that I shut down.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm
Yeah, Kong's special attack is monstrously strong even at a base level. Mothra honestly isn't too hard to manage now that my units aren't under-leveled anymore and that the bug with her healing has been fixed. These past few matches against Mothra players have been pretty easy. I've noticed that when their tank kaiju (Godzilla, Anguirus, etc) are at risk of dying too soon, they panic and pop the Scales off early. However by then their monsters are usually too badly wounded to recover any significant amount of HP. If you drop a Kamakuras swarm + Destroyah Swarm they can put out DPS faster than the Scales can heal. After taking a huge hit to their energy meter from a failed Invincible play, they're extremely vulnerable to a counterattack. I nearly solo'd a Mothra with fucking Moguera because she blew all her energy on an Invincible attempt that I shut down.
I was impressed by Kong when I used for a brief while for the event missions. He seems to be one of the better ones for sure. Makes me wonder how they will do Godzilla 21. From what he know, he barfs fire at a range and seemingly while walking?

Been seeing nonbots using Minya. Apparently he was super powerful on Season 0 - but why? Bigger HP able to taunt a hit but with the downside of damage and stun duration? Bad trade imo.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm

I was impressed by Kong when I used for a brief while for the event missions. He seems to be one of the better ones for sure. Makes me wonder how they will do Godzilla 21. From what he know, he barfs fire at a range and seemingly while walking?
As a leader or as a unit?
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pmMothra honestly isn't too hard to manage now that my units aren't under-leveled anymore and that the bug with her healing has been fixed.
I agree, but keep in mind you are fighting "under leveled" Mothra leaders. In fact, with player rank factored in, Mothra would have slightly more HP than Godzilla 1989 at the same level.
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:49 pmBeen seeing nonbots using Minya. Apparently he was super powerful on Season 0 - but why? Bigger HP able to taunt a hit but with the downside of damage and stun duration? Bad trade imo.
Minilla used to only cost 2 energy. At that price, he was overpowered thanks to his stun for both defense and helping offense. However, at 4 energy... why bother over using Mechagodzilla 1993 or the MBAW-93?
Last edited by Arbok on Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.