I got Godzilla: Save The Earth to work online with hamachi + questions and discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
RTXdestroyer
Young Farmer

I got Godzilla: Save The Earth to work online with hamachi + questions and discussion

Post by RTXdestroyer »

Hey guys, I managed to get godzilla: Save The Earth to work online with Hamachi(or portforwarding but thats not tested yet), and started a community on discord for people who would want to play. I will post both the tutorial for getting it to work, and the discord in this post. this is copy and pasted from my notepad document so I apologize if the format is weird, or you could scroll to the bottom to find the discord where I have the original document. If their are any problems, or anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Programs you will need, with links provided:
Winpcap, Windip, DISCIDUTIL3.0_CD, and the dev9 gigarazi plugin are all in this link
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To- ... line-Guide
to play lan, you will need a network adapter startup disc, which I will not provide a link for, and LogMeIn Hamachi.
https://www.vpn.net/

To start, install winpcap, and then configure the DEV9 plugin in pcsx2 binaries to GiGaHeRz's DEV9 Driver 0.3.0
Then, Add DISCIDUTIL3.0_CD, and the Network Adapter Startup Disc to your ISO selector, along with your Godzilla: STE disc.

Run DISCIDUTIL3.0_CD, then swap discs to the Godzilla: STE disc, and press x, then see the disc ID, which will read 00 00 00 00 12
(or any other numbers), then run winDIP, and select the Godzilla: STE disc, and click Scan File, then Verify Version
Then enter in the disc ID, then click patch. Once that is done, click OK.

Set up Logmein Hamachi, and create a network
Go into pcsx2, and click Config, then click Plugin/BIOS Selector, then click configure next to the changed Dev9 plugin.
After clicking configure, click the checkbox under "ethernet" that says enabled, then under "Ethernet Device", click
"pcap bridge LogMeIn Inc."
Once that is done, run the Network Adapter Startup Disc, and if the option comes up, click format

Click Isp Setup, and click OK until the age comes up, then agree to the privacy policy, then enter in the info it asks for.
(not sure if the email needs to be accurate)
Once the info is put in, continue to ust click OK, then name your ISP setting, then click yes for subscribing, then click
high speed connection, then select Manual Settings.
To get your ip address, netmask, and default router address, search for "command prompt" on your pc, and open it.
Once it is opened, type "ipconfig" and the numbers that are important are the first IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, and Default-
Gateway. In the default gateway, two strings of numbers will show up, pay attention to the second one, probably looking like
XX.X.X.X
Only pay attention to the first 3 codes requested, and if a number is a two digit or 1 digit number, have a 0 in front of it.
(so 12 being 012, etc)
Enter those in, and have someone else join your hamachi network, select Multi-player in Godzilla: STE, and select "Network Play"
Create a game on there, and if your friend is connected through Hamachi, they should be able to see it, and join.

I am creating a discord for people who want to play this game with others online, or just discuss and have fun, the discord link
will be here: YAt8MMX

I started a youtube channel called PsycheSTE, with nothing posted yet, but I will be creating videos on this topic. Have fun guys
Edit: went public 12 pm, 9/12/20. discord server is still small, but will grow
Last edited by RTXdestroyer on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: I got Godzilla: Save The Earth to work online with hamachi + questions and discussion

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Soon as I get my PC set up again I'm on board! Thanks for the hard work.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: I got Godzilla: Save The Earth to work online with hamachi + questions and discussion

Post by ROMG4 »

Oh cool this is an awesome project, I really need to look into getting into this

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cool. Let's see if we can get ray tracing to work on it.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I'm pretty sure ray tracing would require a complete overhaul
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!