Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I've recently encountered a MAJOR glitch that allowed my forces on the moon to attack kaiju on the defeat screen with no time limit. I don't know exactly what I did to set it off, but as I was upgrading one of my bases, suddenly all of my bases started attacking out of nowhere. As I had the Mysterian ally equipped, I was able to eventually make it to Level 91 and 3rd place in the Moon ranking before quitting and letting the app restart, upon which the game was back to normal. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

neofisher
Ronin

Post by neofisher »

Seeing how little Time Shards are given, even when you wipe out all the waves (Level 481 on all locations on Earth, and Level 300+ on the moon), it doesn't seem to be possible get all the artifacts.... :cry:

Last edited by neofisher on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Maybe I've just been going the right speed then, haha. When I play a card I do it after the white flash.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:I've recently encountered a MAJOR glitch that allowed my forces on the moon to attack kaiju on the defeat screen with no time limit. I don't know exactly what I did to set it off, but as I was upgrading one of my bases, suddenly all of my bases started attacking out of nowhere. As I had the Mysterian ally equipped, I was able to eventually make it to Level 91 and 3rd place in the Moon ranking before quitting and letting the app restart, upon which the game was back to normal. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Sounds similar to the glitch that used to be there when allies were first introduced. Back then all you had to do was go to a place that didn't have an ally equipped... lose and then equip the ally during the defeat screen. Would cause the ally to continue to attack on the defeat screen, so with the Mysterian or Shobijin '64 you could progress as far as you wanted. Doing so uncovered a lot of glitches, like with how money stacks on top of itself eventually in the display and that late, late, late levels on the Moon give no card dust.

However, they fixed it pretty quick. What you are describing sounds similar, but I have not been able to reproduce by upgrading bases on the defeat screen as you did.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Here's a screenshot I previously took of the glitch "in action" on round 90 just after defeating G54. Worth mentioning that the units did literally 0 damage by this point (you can even see I didn't bother buying the base worth 54.60 pp), I was entirely relying on the Mysterian to cause damage. Thus, it took around 3 minutes to get through a single level. I would have kept it going longer, but I was growing kinda concerned over my phone overheating! Will probably send it off to the app's customer support later tbh

MSF
Young Farmer

Post by MSF »

What are your guys’ damage multiplier % and highest artifact upgraded level? I strive to get to your guy’s damage. I’m about 6,225% with a 19 level artifact.

neofisher
Ronin

Post by neofisher »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Here's a screenshot I previously took of the glitch "in action" on round 90 just after defeating G54. Worth mentioning that the units did literally 0 damage by this point (you can even see I didn't bother buying the base worth 54.60 pp), I was entirely relying on the Mysterian to cause damage. Thus, it took around 3 minutes to get through a single level. I would have kept it going longer, but I was growing kinda concerned over my phone overheating! Will probably send it off to the app's customer support later tbh

Interesting, this would make it the best glitch for farming time shards... put it there for 1 month, and boom 576000 additional time shards! Since after Level 481 on the moon, each new Kaiju only nets 40-41 time shards...which is lame since before level 481 each Kaiju nets 52 time shards....oh, well what can you do about it...

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

MSF wrote:What are your guys’ damage multiplier % and highest artifact upgraded level? I strive to get to your guy’s damage. I’m about 6,225% with a 19 level artifact.
My multiplier is +8,025%.
Highest artifact is level 27 (Laser Guided Missile)

In terms of dealing lots of damage, and ignoring the influence of cards, certain artifacts have a greater impact than others. These include the Laser Guided Missile (boosts turret damage) and the Cell of SpaceGodzilla (boosts production speed). Both of these have a larger influence on damage than others. In addition, the Mothra Yui costume has the biggest impact. It will literally double your damage at level 20, which is huge for the late game.
neofisher wrote:Since after Level 481 on the moon, each new Kaiju only nets 40-41 time shards...which is lame since before level 481 each Kaiju nets 52 time shards....oh, well what can you do about it...
Late Moon is very glitchy, as they aren't expecting players to get that far yet. Does it still not give card powder late into it?
Last edited by Arbok on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neofisher
Ronin

Post by neofisher »

MSF wrote:What are your guys’ damage multiplier % and highest artifact upgraded level? I strive to get to your guy’s damage. I’m about 6,225% with a 19 level artifact.
Yah, there are a few artifacts that prove very useful, the others not so much. In priority order they are: Laser Guided Missile > Cell of SpaceGodzilla > Tracer Bullet > FM Missile (up to 100% crit rate) > Infant Stone

With 300% Mothra costume, you can reach much higher DPS output, without sinking billions of hours into farming time shards. Since even with all 23 artifacts at level 50, you only get 28750%. Which is only 4.6x over you current %....

Added in 5 minutes 36 seconds:
Arbok wrote: Late Moon is very glitchy, as they aren't expecting players to get that far yet. Does it still not give card powder late into it?

They fixed part of it, now it gives card powder up to 300 (i think), since my current balance is over 180k card powder.
Last edited by neofisher on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

neofisher wrote:Yah, there are a few artifacts that prove very useful, the others not so much. In priority order they are: Laser Guided Missile > Cell of SpaceGodzilla > Tracer Bullet > FM Missile (up to 100% crit rate) > Infant Stone.
I'd throw the DNA Computer in there. It's not only a luxury to have the cards last longer, but influences matches up to level 25 when it pushes four star cards to 30 seconds so they last the full match against a kaiju (and then the next benefit is 40 seconds for the Godzilla matches).

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I don't think they have updated iOS in a few weeks, so the Mothra Yui costume effects has not been applied, which is a shame because I would love to be able to get much further on the Moon than I have been.

The Revenge screen glitch has happened to me a few times and I am not sure how it has been triggered. I think the first time I noticed it happening was Sydney when I first downloaded the game upon release and once or twice on the moon. It has not been permanent for me, something you do on the screen can trigger it to stop as well. I would love to be able to trigger it again and be able to farm money and shards, then max out NY and AZ units.

The Painkiller
Ronin

Post by The Painkiller »

Is the song that plays during the game an actual theme from the series? If so I'd love to know what it is

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

The Painkiller wrote:Is the song that plays during the game an actual theme from the series? If so I'd love to know what it is
Nope, it’s all newly-composed music for the game.

AlexSledge
Ronin

Post by AlexSledge »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:I would replace Godzilla ('02) with Godzilla ('68), and then use a four star card that increases attack power (Keizer Ghidorah is typically my third, with few exceptions). You don't need to use Shobijin ('04) to play these cards together. You can go into the mission screen and wait for your G-Cells to replenish.

Minilla's a solid Ally, but after playing with a maxed out Minilla and a maxed out Mysterian, I've gotta say that Mysterian is the way to go if you want to do major damage. I switch to Shobijin ('03) on easier stages to farm Moonstones.
Well, from what I see.... Godzilla '02 = 1200% damage to all, where Keizer Ghidorah is just 1200% to turrets and aircraft - so I'd think '02 is a better choice there.

Still working on maxing my Mysterian - but will give it a shot once I do.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

AlexSledge wrote:Well, from what I see.... Godzilla '02 = 1200% damage to all, where Keizer Ghidorah is just 1200% to turrets and aircraft - so I'd think '02 is a better choice there.
The reason why Keizer Ghidorah is one of the best cards is because of the way the damage boosts work.

Essentially, same bonus types are additive. So if you combo Godzilla '02 and Godzilla '67 their boosts add together as they both boost "all damage". However, if you mix an all booster with a specific type booster, like Keizer Ghidorah, they multiple.. giving you an insane damage boost.

This is why Godzilla '67 (all damage) + Keizer Ghidorah (turret/plane damage) + Godzilla '03 (production boost) is the best three card combo in the game.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Ugh and without a new path, iOS does has the Moon glitch where we don't receive the bonuses upon defeating kaiju.

On a side note, a great combo to gain money in the early game is Shobijin '66 since they give you multiples of the city DPS in coins every 16 seconds. This bonus is especially potent when you have a damage multiplier activated. If timed correctly when activating a card in the last few seconds you can receive the bonus twice for the card duration. I think I unlocked every unit in Tokyo by level 20 and was able to unlock every unit in London as soon as the stage became available. I'm surprised that I have not seen a single mention of anyone utilizing Shobijin '66 in this manner anywhere, especially when you get +100% each level up.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Any idea when to expect the new update?

The Painkiller
Ronin

Post by The Painkiller »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
The Painkiller wrote:Is the song that plays during the game an actual theme from the series? If so I'd love to know what it is
Nope, it’s all newly-composed music for the game.
Have they released it anywhere?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Spydrmanjr wrote:On a side note, a great combo to gain money in the early game is Shobijin '66 since they give you multiples of the city DPS in coins every 16 seconds. This bonus is especially potent when you have a damage multiplier activated. If timed correctly when activating a card in the last few seconds you can receive the bonus twice for the card duration. I think I unlocked every unit in Tokyo by level 20 and was able to unlock every unit in London as soon as the stage became available. I'm surprised that I have not seen a single mention of anyone utilizing Shobijin '66 in this manner anywhere, especially when you get +100% each level up.
Shobijin '66 is great. I have maxed mine out, which as you note the damage and bonus to DPS make it an interesting ally as it feels worthless at level 1 but by level 10 the money coming in on the city levels is great. It helps the most on New York and the early stages of the Moon. Essentially I can, with cards, get enough money to afford the first turret on the Moon before I even get there.

That said, it's not as good as some of the other ally options (namely Mysterin/Shobijin '64 and Shobijin '04), but I would put '66 in the top six best allies and one that I use every run for a period.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I use shobijin 66 everytime after I time travel. I found that's it is the fastest way to upgrade units and get to the next area. It stops being beneficial at a point, but really gets you through it quick.