Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Gotschiller »

https://mmoculture.com/2019/03/godzilla ... lassic-ip/
As announced last week, Nexon is holding a “Nexon Special Day” media event today to confirm a brand new game. It was revealed to be Godzilla Defense Force, a game which Nexon has signed a licensing contract with Japanese IP owner Toho Co., Ltd. Godzilla Defense Force is in development by Studio 42, a team at Neople which made Evil Factory and After the End. Players need to defend cities by strengthening bases and constructing new structures to prevent the onslaught of classic monsters found in the Godzilla series.

However, there will be allies such as Mecha Godzilla and Jet Jaguar too! In total, players can expect over 100 monsters from the Godzilla series which started way back in 1954. I wonder if we will see King Kong or other crossovers… Defeating a main enemy monster will grant players its card, which can then be used as a skill or buff in the following stage. Cool! Godzilla Defense Force is scheduled to launch worldwide this May in 10 different languages.

At 3:02

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Eh, another mobile game. Still hoping we might get a new console game sometime this or next year. :shrug:
Last edited by Gotschiller on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by GigaBowserG »

Sounds like fun. Can't be worse than NES Godzilla 2 or Archipelago Shock. And over 100 monsters... It'll probably feature a similar roster to Kaiju Collection.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

100 monsters!? Damn. I wonder if the the new titans such as (Name Redacted) will appear to promote the new film.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Oh wow its actually releasing worldwide this time? Now I'm actually excited

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Yes I do want a good mobile game where I can play as Godzilla but to be honest I've always loved the idea of a Godzilla/Kaiju RTS defense game so I'm down for this. As long as actions are not determined by a random slot machine mechanic.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Needs more Zone Fighter.

And Masers.

And Hybrid Tank.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Worldwide eh? Hope it's free.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Living Corpse wrote:Needs more Zone Fighter.

And Masers.

And Hybrid Tank.
I'm sure we'll get classic Toho tech like those. This kind of game would be perfect for them.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I really hope it's not free lol, don't want devs nickel and diming us with timers.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:I really hope it's not free lol, don't want devs nickel and diming us with timers.
Oh that is absolutely how this will turn out.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Not much, but seems the roster'll actually be somewhere around 70.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote:Not much, but seems the roster'll actually be somewhere around 70.
That's still pretty huge. Assume we will see several characters outside of the Godzilla films then, like Sanda, Ganimes, etc
If it bites... don't mess with it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm very interested in the power up monsters like Jet Jaguar and what seems to be Showa Godzilla.

I'm digging this, honestly. Seems like they've finally cracked the code on Godzilla RTS games.

RIP Evan.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Anyone successful at getting it? I see it on the playstore in that link but not on my phone's playstore.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Thanks to a video which showed the game's codex, I have a list of every monster incarnation and vehicle for sure included in the game. Some of the monsters we've already seen in trailers were not in the codex, so I hope that means there are several monsters just not in the list, because there are some pretty surprising omissions.

Spoiler-tagged for space and in case people don't want to be be spoiled on all the monsters in the game.

Monsters:
Spoiler:
Godzilla (1954, 1966, 1968, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Mothra (1961, 1996, 2001, 2004)
Mothra Leo (Imago, Rainbow, Armor)
Rodan (1956, 1964, 1993, 2004)
King Ghidorah (1964, 1991, 1998, Cretaceous)
Mechagodzilla (Fake Godzilla, 1974, 1975, 2002)
Ebirah (1966, 2004)
Gigan (1972, 2004, Modified)
Megalon
Biollante (Flower Beast, Plant Beast)
Destoroyah (Aggregate Form, Perfect Form)
Megaguirus
Orga
Ganimes
Gezora
Hedorah (1971, 2004)
Kumonga (1967, 2004)
Battra (Larva, Imago)
Baragon (1968, 2001)
Desghidorah
Kamacuras (2004)
Dagahra
Gabara
Manda (2004)
SpaceGodzilla
Monster X / Keizer Ghidorah
Titanosaurus
Jet Jaguar
M.O.G.U.E.R.A.
Vehicles / Weapons:
Spoiler:
Orbital Cannon (Dimension Tide)
Red Bamboo Fighter
Full Metal Missile Launcher
Huge Electrode Plate Device
Kilaak Mind-Control Device
A-Cycle Light Ray Gun Car
Supersonic Wave Generator for Monster Systems Order
Maser Attack Aircraft Type-93
P-1
Type 90 Maser Cannon
Kilaak UFO
Refrigeration Laser Tank Type-95
KIDS
Xilien UFO
GX-813 Griffon
MOTHER
AC-3 White Heron
Moonlight SY-3
Garuda
Maser Beam Tank Type-92
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Chris55 wrote:Anyone successful at getting it? I see it on the playstore in that link but not on my phone's playstore.
The app page says its incompatible with all my devices (an S8 isn't THAT old) and I have to add it to my wish list and visit that wish list on my phone to see there and from there the page says it isn't available in my country. I'm guess there's some bugs and other tech issues that came following its release and they pulled it for bug fixes. At least I hope thats all it is.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

cloverfan98 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Anyone successful at getting it? I see it on the playstore in that link but not on my phone's playstore.
The app page says its incompatible with all my devices (an S8 isn't THAT old) and I have to add it to my wish list and visit that wish list on my phone to see there and from there the page says it isn't available in my country. I'm guess there's some bugs and other tech issues that came following its release and they pulled it for bug fixes. At least I hope thats all it is.
Using the link provided up-thread, I tried grabbing it from the Google Play store this past weekend and received a message stating the game was not available in my country (USA).
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Mini review from the current BETA that's out:

Pros:
- Fantastic Roster of Monsters (Code has empty slots, probably for future updates to include more monsters? or could be filler)
- Godzilla Incarnations can be summoned once you've beaten said Godzilla Incarnation in normal. Bonus, These are the only monsters that have an in-game animation on your team with their action/animation being from a specific moment in the film they're from.
- Very Satisfying when you beat a monster and progress to the next level.
- Simple Military Upgrade System (though costly as you progress)
- Game grinds money when you aren't playing.
- If you watch an ad, you get double the currency you grinded when you were away.
- If you lose a match against a monster, you can obtain combat bonuses if you watch an ad.
- Game is possible to play without viewing ads or paying for content, however, the grind will be real and will take a while before progressing.
- Every monster in the game is animated when you fight them.
- Each Monster you collect can be upgraded by obtaining more of the same monster card and have their own unique combat multipliers that apply to different units.
- Free booster pack every 6 hours.
- Can rescue civilians by tapping on them, send them to the moon and farm moonstones which you can use to buy booster packs without spending real life money.

Cons:
- Other monsters don't have in-game animations on your team. Just a card with their picture and then their combat bonuses activate.
- Time Travel is an option, however it completely resets your progress in exchange for Time Stones (which can be used to upgrade monster cards, booster packs, military units, or combat effects). By resetting, that includes all the cities you unlocked, all the money you've earned, and all the military units you've unlcoked and upgraded. The game specifically says that if you progress to the point you can no longer continue (aka hit a wall) it will suggest you time travel to reset everything. When you time travel, the only thing you get to keep is your monster cards and their upgrades. In theory, it should be easier to start over again with your monster collection. I have not used this feature as I don't feel like losing everything I've invested in (military units wise) and I'm still progressing just fine.
- You have to tap the screen constantly in order to inflict the most damage. You units will autofight when you not are tapping, but it will progress slower.
- The game isn't rigged in your favor for the most part. You constantly need to watch an ad which is usually 15 seconds- 45 seconds to power up your units to beat the monsters.
- Out of the box, the game starts to tell you what to do to get started, but kinda leaves the extra bits out. For example, grinding. One would assume grinding would mean that your monster does an action for a specified amount of time to upgrade or get points to upgrade. This not the case, in fact you are actually exchanging the monster card for CARD POWDER points which allow you to upgrade your current deck. So basically in order to upgrade your deck, you have to sacrifice characters. Each character is marked with 1 stars through 4. 4 being the biggest payout, but those are also rare monsters in the first place. So it all depends on how impatient or patient you are i guess. If you are out to collect every character, don't use this feature. You can still upgrade your monsters from booster packs.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

I was playing it. I sorta liked it at first. But then it didn't save my progress and set me back when I opened it on two occasions. I've decided it's not worth drudging though the endless tapping again.

This game is the apidimy of crappy mobile game. Tap mindlessly, watch ads, more tapping, more ads. Want a sliver of an attack bonus? Watch an ad. Filled with microtransactions. However I will give it one thing. From what I've played, it's not pay-to-win. I feel Smash3 really had that problem. I was doing fine without spending a penny. What made the game barable for me was an auto-tapper app I found on the play store. It helped tremendously. Just as much fun too.

Aside from the plethora of 2D flash animation kaiju, this game is complete garbage and one of the worst I've played ever. And this is coming from a guy who genially enjoys Godzilla 2 on NES and Godzilla on PS4.
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/