Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Arbok »

Hmm...

Looking into that, here was their listed games on their site in August 2019 (when the last Godzilla update hit before this one) and then now in February 2020

A lot less titles, and a lot of licensed ones from Power Rangers to Marvel are gone. Godzilla is still there, though, as is Dynasty Warriors (might be other licensed games, those are the two I recognize).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Does anyone have a definitive answer to why the creatures from the Anime Trilogy and Monsterverse aren't in this game? Is this another case of licensing issues? Because that's one of the reasons MUTOs were cut from the Godzilla VS. game for an example.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Doing some more digging, I guess the Godzilla franchise was spared since they end of life'd the Marvel one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelBattleLi ... _the_game/
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:Does anyone have a definitive answer to why the creatures from the Anime Trilogy and Monsterverse aren't in this game? Is this another case of licensing issues?
"Definitive"? No. We can assume with the MonsterVerse at least that it's licensing. Nexon probably didn't want to go into negotiations with Legendary as well and thought just working with Toho would be easier.

As for the Anime trilogy, heck we still haven't gotten Varan or Zilla and I would say they are more iconic than the creatures from the anime trilogy. So my hunch is it just came down to preference in terms of what to include. We know from the game files that Varan, Anguirus Showa and Manda Showa were the next three, so it's not like they were no other characters they could have still added before working on the anime ones.

EDIT: So I heard back from Nexon and they fixed the in-game text in the shop. It now correctly shows King Ghidorah as doing city DPS x25
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Arbok wrote:EDIT: So I heard back from Nexon and they fixed the in-game text in the shop. It now correctly shows King Ghidorah as doing city DPS x25
Just saw. Anguirus is still in the codex and the new Rodan card's still busted, though... Any chance that card could be Fire Rodan, btw?
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Thanks for the info on the King Ghidorah package. Glad I didn't jump the gun and buy it a second time.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm on the fence to re-download this game or because the new update.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote:Anguirus is still in the codex and the new Rodan card's still busted, though... Any chance that card could be Fire Rodan, btw?
I brought those up as well, that they appeared to have issues, and the response was "that [Nexon] are still working on it".

And yeah it definitely looks like Fire Rodan to me on that new card.

As an aside, working on a Artifact tier list and did some testing. That data is found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2001598520

Essentially was brought up to me on Reddit that the unit based artifacts have a larger influence on the overall battle than just buffing their respective unit type. The game has quite a few glitches so tried to determine if this was the case, as well as prove some other things. Tests were done on the Moon against Armor Mothra, with specs noted on the raw data page with planes and turrets doing 99.98% of the damage with cards used favoring them but unit boosts done to troops and tanks. Highlights, some of which is familiar data just being confirmed again:
  • Unit based artifacts boost visible DPS by ~ +4.4% on those units. So for the turrets, which often make up most of your damage, this boost is huge.
  • Cell of SpaceGodzilla and the production speed boost raised all DPS by ~ +1.4% versus the standard +0.2% gotten from the base "all damage boost" that all artifacts give.
  • Infant Stone, which raises unit speed, does not boost visible DPS.
  • There will always be variables when trying to track damage done to a boss. Tests found that damage done to Armor Mothra ranged from 1-3% when doing nearly the same studies (with two boosts active so that it couldn't injury bases). Theories range from the timing of the ally attacking to just happen stance of when certain units attack. As a result, would take lots and lots of testing to determine the true influence of artifacts from going just by boss damage which makes most of this study inclusive from look at damage done.
  • Boosting off type unit types didn't appear to notably raise damage done vs the normal all attack boost, although tests inclusive.
  • Infant Stone did not appear to notably raise the damage actually done vs the normal all attack boost, although tests inclusive.
  • Tracer Bullet notably moved the damage done in one of two rounds.
  • There is an error in the game where after boosting a unit type artifact, overall DPS and all unit DPS increases by ~ +6.2%. This does not factor in the individual unit boost that you just unlocked. So boosting tanks would not be around +10% for example: it would still be around +6.2% like everything else. The DPS goes back to the true values after you exit the current location (such as travel from the Moon to New York). Damage tests were inclusive if this is incorrect boost actually raised the damage.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Just came across this game and it has kept me busy because everything is shut down here in NY. Spending probably too much time playing it. Except for the damn ads pretty cool. Up to level 11 now. I did beat Destoroyah since the screen shot below was earlier today.

Added in 11 minutes 10 seconds:
As a follow up for those who know alot about this game. What does each card effect actually do? The damage is obvious, production speed is obvious but not sure what critical damage means. Also does artifact only work if you time travel? I hate going back to square one each time.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:As a follow up for those who know alot about this game. What does each card effect actually do? The damage is obvious, production speed is obvious but not sure what critical damage means. Also does artifact only work if you time travel? I hate going back to square one each time.
There are quite a few semi-recent posts in the thread that give much more detailed information regarding the cards and their buffs. Can't speak too much on crit damage, though, I just got the artifact that boosts crits and am working on the one that raises the chances for it.

Speaking of, artifacts can only be obtained using the time shards you get from time traveling, but they're permanent boosts once you unlock them. They make a HUGE difference. All their effects can be found on the main site: https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... facts.html

There's also a cheeky way to roll for a specific artifact through this more (advanced method).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:As a follow up for those who know alot about this game. What does each card effect actually do? The damage is obvious, production speed is obvious but not sure what critical damage means. Also does artifact only work if you time travel? I hate going back to square one each time.
There are quite a few semi-recent posts in the thread that give much more detailed information regarding the cards and their buffs. Can't speak too much on crit damage, though, I just got the artifact that boosts crits and am working on the one that raises the chances for it.

Speaking of, artifacts can only be obtained using the time shards you get from time traveling, but they're permanent boosts once you unlock them. They make a HUGE difference. All their effects can be found on the main site: https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... facts.html

There's also a cheeky way to roll for a specific artifact through this more (advanced method).
Thanks for the info
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Still plugging away at this game.

Anyway, wanted to present these findings on the unit type artifacts as we still dig into certain aspects. What we know:

- They give huge boosts
- They tabulate the boost incorrectly for all unit types at first (way higher) but leaving a location will cause it to "refresh" to the correct boost

It was theorized elsewhere that they have a greater impact on the overall damage than their own unit. This seems strange, but given the bug with the way they boost all unit damage incorrectly until a refresh I decided to test it out. I destroyed a level 21 ANEB (boosts troop unit damage) and then slowly brought my overall artifact multiplier back up to match it. This was to see if there was an overall negative impact on DPS for units that weren't troops.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Conclusions from this data:

- Nope, the turret and aerial damage (which was 99.99% of the DPS) was not impacted
- Destroying a unit based artifact doesn't have the same temporary incorrect boost that raising the level of one of these artifacts has
- Damage in a level is very volatile: even with it boosted so units can't be destroyed there is a lot of variance
- The type based artifacts are huge for their units, as my troop damage plummeted by -83.99% (from 40.23 to just 6.44).

Take away from this is... feel free to destroy your ANEB and use those precious Time Shards on better artifacts.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Wow, after I thought this game had long ago been abandoned by the developers, it’s gotten an update. Supposedly the kaiju dungeon will now have GMK and Godzilla Vs. Gigan levels (Sea Monster was up, guess they’ll still be keyed to days of the week). Some other changes like annoying in-game banners and shorter waits on the free packs. Still no fix on the unobtainable card and codex entry.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

So GMK dungeon will be M-W-F. Presumably that puts G vs. Gigan Sunday only. There are new achievements for the new dungeons. Doesn’t appear that they will award new costumes for Yui like the original one did.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I noticed a few text errors in the Unreleased Content page for this game.

*In the "Unreleased Kaiju" category, it should say "...with Manda '04, as was done for Kumonga." There's no space between ''Manda '04,", and "as was...", it should be "as was done...", not "like was done...", and Kumonga's name is missing the "a" at the end.

*One category name is spelled wrong (I think). As far as I know, it should be "Unreleased Codexes" (if I'm wrong on this one, however, please tell me).
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Sekizawa wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:29 am So GMK dungeon will be M-W-F. Presumably that puts G vs. Gigan Sunday only. There are new achievements for the new dungeons. Doesn’t appear that they will award new costumes for Yui like the original one did.
Late to the party, but this is correct on Godzilla vs. Gigan being Sunday only and no new King Ghidorah costume :-(

As a plus, at least the Gigan dungeon gives a ton of X-nium if you reach level 30 on it.
mikelcho wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:22 pm I noticed a few text errors in the Unreleased Content page for this game.

*In the "Unreleased Kaiju" category, it should say "...with Manda '04, as was done for Kumonga." There's no space between ''Manda '04,", and "as was...", it should be "as was done...", not "like was done...", and Kumonga's name is missing the "a" at the end.

*One category name is spelled wrong (I think). As far as I know, it should be "Unreleased Codexes" (if I'm wrong on this one, however, please tell me).
Thanks for pointing these out, just fixed them!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Arbok wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:52 pm
Sekizawa wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:29 am So GMK dungeon will be M-W-F. Presumably that puts G vs. Gigan Sunday only. There are new achievements for the new dungeons. Doesn’t appear that they will award new costumes for Yui like the original one did.
Late to the party, but this is correct on Godzilla vs. Gigan being Sunday only and no new King Ghidorah costume :-(

As a plus, at least the Gigan dungeon gives a ton of X-nium if you reach level 30 on it.
mikelcho wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:22 pm I noticed a few text errors in the Unreleased Content page for this game.

Thanks for pointing these out, just fixed them!
Thanks! You just missed one, though. It's "...with Manda '04, as was done for Kumonga." The word hasn't been changed.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Forgive me if this was posted already, but I found some concept art for the game posted on Behance, apparently from a while back. Some very cool stuff here; evidently, it didn't even start out as a Godzilla game. There's also concepts for some kaiju who didn't make the final cut, like Giant Condor and Meganula, plus a host of original critters (most of which are just animals with wings - still neat!).

https://www.behance.net/gallery/8746907 ... t-Art-2018
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Thats amazing. Someday I hope we'll see some of copyright blocked kaiju appear in things like this.
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Question: are the names of the Monster Waves in the thread for this game the official ones used in the game?

I tried putting some of them on Wikizilla's thread for it, put they said that those names were possibly your names for them.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:06 pm Question: are the names of the Monster Waves mentioned in the thread for this game the official ones used in the game?

I tried putting some of them on Wikizilla's thread for it because they were wrong, but they said that those names were possibly your names for them.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.