Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Post by Panther10 »

The cherry picked roster of monsters always bothered me

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Panther10 wrote:The cherry picked roster of monsters always bothered me
How is there roster cherry picked?

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Godzillian wrote:

We would usually only get about 20 characters or so in each game. And for the most part it was usually the same exact 20 monsters. Even the Bandai/Namco titles had up to 40+ monsters and that was still incomplete. I just think that Pipeworks could have done a better job with their rosters.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

We would usually only get about 20 characters or so in each game. And for the most part it was usually the same exact 20 monsters. Even the Bandai/Namco titles had up to 40+ monsters and that was still incomplete. I just think that Pipeworks could have done a better job with their rosters.

So you'd rather Unleashed not have Spacegodzilla and Baragon and Megaguirus? Save the Earth not have Orga or Anguirus or Megalon or Mechagodzilla 2?

Also someone please link me a game with 40+ monsters that isn't the Trading Card game.
Last edited by Spuro on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote: How is there roster cherry picked?

So you'd rather Unleashed not have Spacegodzilla and Baragon and Megaguirus? Save the Earth not have Orga or Anguirus or Megalon or Mechagodzilla 2?

Also someone please link me a game with 40+ monsters that isn't the Trading Card game.
Every Pokemon Game ;)

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Reusing character while adding new ones is nothing new to fighting games. That's like saying Smash Bros or Mortal Combat cherry picks their fighters. I'm perfectly fine with the rosters they chose.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzillian wrote: Every Pokemon Game ;)
... Since when is Pokemon populated by 40+ Godzilla monsters?
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Technically, you never specified Godzilla as a qualifier. You just said 'a game' with '40+ monsters'. He was snarking you, methinks.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
you never specified Godzilla monsters, just a game with 40+ monsters

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
you never specified Godzilla monsters, just a game with 40+ monsters

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... cters.html
Here.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Pretty much all the bases are covered though...? Are you really upset that they didn't include guys like Kamacuras or something? What more could they realistically have, honestly?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

What Godzilla games are you playing? Melee only had 12 characters STE had 18, and Unleashed had 26. The PS4 games only had 22. Where are you pulling 40+ from?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Panther10 wrote:
Godzillian wrote: How is there roster cherry picked?

Pretty much all the bases are covered though...? Are you really upset that they didn't include guys like Kamacuras or something? What more could they realistically have, honestly?
Come on- who wouldn't want to play as a kaiju with the durabilityof the giant condor and the attack potential of the giant octopus in a fightong game? It would be like Ultimate Challenge mode; 'Can you complete this stage without taking a single hit?'
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Zarm wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Panther10 wrote:

Come on- who wouldn't want to play as a kaiju with the durabilityof the giant condor and the attack potential of the giant octopus in a fightong game? It would be like Ultimate Challenge mode; 'Can you complete this stage without taking a single hit?'
I wouldn't mind. Mantids are cool. It'd be fun to play as one. It's not like the games represent the character's power levels in relation to each other accurately

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Godzilla 1954 is a bad choice for a fighting game. It should have been 70s Godzilla with all his crazy Kung fu moves and cheesy special abilities.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Godzilla 1954 is a bad choice for a fighting game. It should have been 70s Godzilla with all his crazy Kung fu moves and cheesy special abilities.
G54 was literally a last minute reskin of G90's, like MG2 was one for Showa MG.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Godzilla 1954 is a bad choice for a fighting game. It should have been 70s Godzilla with all his crazy Kung fu moves and cheesy special abilities.
So I mean, even less reason to use him, although I’m generally fine with skins so long as the gameplay is solid (it wasn’t). But at least MG2 makes sense in the context of a fighting game. G54 does not, to me.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

The Wii version of Unleashed was kinda.... Buggy.
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Genjira Overwatch wrote:The Wii version of Unleashed was kinda.... Buggy.
Really? Cause I’m playing it now and it’s coming off as a rushed shit game with a week of development put into it.

Seriously, it barely even feels complete.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

The character models, abilities and sound effects were very inaccurate for many of the kaiju. Whether it be Heisei Mechagodzilla's Showa-Style eye beams, or Godzilla 2000's roar sounding horrible, the games never wanted to go very movie accurate, which is one area where the 2015 PS4 game has it beat. :godzilla: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :baragon: :destoroyah:

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
So I mean, even less reason to use him, although I’m generally fine with skins so long as the gameplay is solid (it wasn’t). But at least MG2 makes sense in the context of a fighting game. G54 does not, to me.
Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game. Since Heisei MG didn't change at all throughout the trilogy and always had a more Showa-type fighting style and abilities. Weird...
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojirawars 03 wrote: Plus, what's weird is how Showa Mechagodzilla was basically the copy of Heisei MG in this game.
No, other way around like I said. Heisei MG was the last-minute copy.