Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Post by Gigantis »

Orichalcum wrote:There were quite a few OC kaiju up for consideration, The Visitor, Lightning Bug, and the Fire Lion, all which looked pretty bad.

Can’t really describe Visitor but Lightning Bug looked like a War of the Monsters reject and the Fire Lion was a blatant King Caesar ripoff.

I agree, I would have rather gotten Zone Fighter or Monster X or something in place of the two original kaiju we got
Bro what do you mean,Visitor looked awesome! Shame he didn't make the cut. :(

If there was any monster that should have made it though,it was Kong and Gamera. Toho probably wouldn't have allowed the latter but the fact GVK is happening proves that there okay with the 8th Wonder crossing over with Godzilla. Wonder why Universal turned it down.

Now another complaint about this game...it needs more stages. Sure the enviroments are unique to all of them and smashing around Sydney was cool,but there was still only nine stages! Why not include Paris or Cairo like the DS game? Maybe even Bangkok.

Oh,and Obsidius should have kept his original name "Kazango" which sounds much better.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I feel like Krystalak could've easily been Zilla with how he's shaped, or Gorosaurus if they wanted to avoid stigma. Obsidius played kind of like a reskinned Kong with a tail to me. Very ape-like. Maybe could've been a Gargantua instead though or something? Other than those two, you'd just need Hedorah, Zone Fighter, Monster X, Gabara, Gezora(?), Battra, and Ebirah and the roster would've been complete imo. Not that a good roster could have saved that game.

Also wtf was up with SpaceGodzilla being the big bad? They had a Mothership Boss ffs. Use that.

Oh and I dislike them using edgy Gigan for no reason.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

tyrantgoji wrote:Oh,and Obsidius should have kept his original name "Kazango" which sounds much better.
Didn't know that was an early name for the character but yeah, definitely better. That's probably not too far from what an authentic Toho volcano monster would have been named.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kazan=Volcano so good choice.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Ghidorahs model in all 3 games was pretty rough, DAMM and STE has the same model with a weird flat head and in unleashed they tried making it the GMK design but still seemed off

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

It was supposed to be a hybrid like most monsters in Unleashed, 91' and GMK, but I agree his model was trash.

Always hated Orga's too
Last edited by Orichalcum on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Orichalcum wrote:
Always hated Orga's too
Orga i didnt think was that bad looking, the only other thing that bugged me was og mechagodzilla's bendy fingers

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

realinvaderdesign wrote:og mechagodzilla's bendy fingers
"They're vital!" Pipeworks told us. "Showa Mechagodzilla needs bending fingers to grapple!"

Meanwhile, characters on the roster included Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, Megalon, King Ghidorah, Biollante, MOGUERA, Mecha-King Ghidorah...
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"They're vital!" Pipeworks told us. "Showa Mechagodzilla needs bending fingers to grapple!"

Meanwhile, characters on the roster included Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, Megalon, King Ghidorah, Biollante, MOGUERA, Mecha-King Ghidorah...
Yeah, it looks really weird. He's been in several fighters beforehand and never needed to bend them, the fingers were treated more like piercing weapons.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"They're vital!" Pipeworks told us. "Showa Mechagodzilla needs bending fingers to grapple!"

Yeah, it looks really weird. He's been in several fighters beforehand and never needed to bend them, the fingers were treated more like piercing weapons.
Yep. I loved how in the PS4 Game, his melee attack animations were of him karate-chopping opponents or jabbing them with his pointed fingers, like he did in the movie. Really nice attention to detail.

"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Meanwhile, characters on the roster included Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, Megalon, King Ghidorah, Biollante, MOGUERA, Mecha-King Ghidorah...
Megaguirus and Mothra Larva! Two other characters that don't have hands that were capable of grappling.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

His fingers can bend while disguised as Godzilla though. Anguirus' poor jaw is testament to that.
Resized Image

OT: I don't normally mind Titanosaurus' roar, but in Unleashed he does it for every. single. move.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Komenja wrote:His fingers can bend while disguised as Godzilla though.
Ssshh! Don't encourage them. :P

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:There were quite a few OC kaiju up for consideration, The Visitor, Lightning Bug, and the Fire Lion, all which looked pretty bad.

Can’t really describe Visitor but Lightning Bug looked like a War of the Monsters reject and the Fire Lion was a blatant King Caesar ripoff.

I agree, I would have rather gotten Zone Fighter or Monster X or something in place of the two original kaiju we got
Bro what do you mean,Visitor looked awesome! Shame he didn't make the cut. :(

If there was any monster that should have made it though,it was Kong and Gamera. Toho probably wouldn't have allowed the latter but the fact GVK is happening proves that there okay with the 8th Wonder crossing over with Godzilla. Wonder why Universal turned it down.

Now another complaint about this game...it needs more stages. Sure the enviroments are unique to all of them and smashing around Sydney was cool,but there was still only nine stages! Why not include Paris or Cairo like the DS game? Maybe even Bangkok.

Oh,and Obsidius should have kept his original name "Kazango" which sounds much better.
Obsidius’ original name for the poll was Magmouth though :|
IIRC, they had a second poll where fans could vote for the new name for Magmouth, and Obsidius and Kazango were two of the contenders. I believe Volcanis was another potential name.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Honestly, all three versions of Godzilla: Unleashed are terrible. The PS2 version has worse graphics than STE did and only two additional characters; hardly worth paying for. The DS version might be the ugliest game I've ever seen, and with no replay value at all. The Wii version was the most ambitious, and the only remotely decent one, but it's still plagued by terrible controls and godawful gameplay mechanics. I HATE how beam attacks went from a character's most powerful move to a character's weakest move, not even able to knock over enemies. How did they screw this up so badly? And with the Wii's horrible motion controls, I end up jumping every time I try to pick something up. If the game had been programmed so you could use a GameCube controller (a la Brawl) and the beams hadn't been nerfed, the Wii version of GU might be my favorite of the trilogy, instead of my absolute least favorite.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

They're boring and get super repetitive. Godzilla fans only like them because it's all we got.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

The minigames in STE should’ve been scrapped. They range from tedious to annoying, and really drag down the pace of Action Mode.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Eh, I like some of them. City destruction, protecting the pyramid tower from UFOs, those cool rail shooter ones for Godzilla and Mogy. Would've been nice to have an option to skip them, though. You are right that they bring the actual game to a screeching halt.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKaiju wrote:They're boring and get super repetitive. Godzilla fans only like them because it's all we got.
At this point I'll take a good adventure game with a good story over a fighter, even if Godzilla and maybe two other monsters are the only playable creatures.

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
Komenja wrote:Eh, I like some of them. City destruction, protecting the pyramid tower from UFOs, those cool rail shooter ones for Godzilla and Mogy. Would've been nice to have an option to skip them, though. You are right that they bring the actual game to a screeching halt.
Rodan was gonna have a rail shooter.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:They're boring and get super repetitive. Godzilla fans only like them because it's all we got.
At this point I'll take a good adventure game with a good story over a fighter, even if Godzilla and maybe two other monsters are the only playable creatures.
Okay hear me out

Platinum style Character Action game with a plot loosely based on Rulers of Earth.
Rodan was gonna have a rail shooter.
Ye ye! Shame it got cut.
Last edited by Komenja on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.