Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Say something negative about the Pipeworks trilogy

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji mentioned Inconsistent system releases for all three games on the first page and I have to agree. With the first two games I only owned a Gamecube and was pissed that Save the Earth was not on it. Hate having to buy a different game system in the same generation just to play a sequel, at least with a sequel being on a next gen system I'm justified in saying it's to play new games.
Komenja wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:They're boring and get super repetitive. Godzilla fans only like them because it's all we got.
At this point I'll take a good adventure game with a good story over a fighter, even if Godzilla and maybe two other monsters are the only playable creatures.
Okay hear me out

Platinum style Character Action game with a plot loosely based on Rulers of Earth.
Rodan was gonna have a rail shooter.
Ye ye! Shame it got cut.
Maybe.

Shame Ebirah's only role was a boss in a Rail Shooter.

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

Save the Earth was thin-plotted Destroy All Monsters. Final Wars had more plot in the first thirty seconds than the entirety of that game.

Never played the other two so that tells a lot
Rest in Peace Victoria

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Living Corpse wrote:UltramanGoji mentioned Inconsistent system releases for all three games on the first page and I have to agree. With the first two games I only owned a Gamecube and was pissed that Save the Earth was not on it. Hate having to buy a different game system in the same generation just to play a sequel, at least with a sequel being on a next gen system I'm justified in saying it's to play new games.
While this did bug me a lot as a kid it did lead to me getting into Mortal Kombat again, I probably wouldn't have bothered with getting a PS2 had GSTE come out on the Gamecube.

I for one hate the auto lock on feature they added to the beams in Godzilla Save the Earth. I also didn't care for the unblockable getup attacks, I feel like GDAMM was better in a lot ways despite the smaller roster. Don't even get me started on Godzilla Unleashed :freak: . I tried to like that game but it's a mess in so many ways.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Rodan's AI is very cheap in DAMM, they also should of added Hedorah to the roster rather than having him as an occasional stage obstacle, which to be honest I only found out a few years ago that He was in the game, thats how minor and unnoticeable the character is

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Minor gripe but I would have preferred if the tails on all the kaiju were dragging on the ground like in the actual movies.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

It's kind of hard for me to bash the entire series in general, since I loved the series...except for one thing:

EFF Godzilla Unleashed! Eff the glitched and incomplete engine! Eff the exclusion of Rage Attacks! Eff the throws not sending your opponents traveling outwards (referring to the PS2 port)! Eff the Wii exclusives and the PS2 exclusive not being available on the opposing consoles!
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

skuzzy-punk-kid wrote:It's kind of hard for me to bash the entire series in general, since I loved the series...except for one thing:

EFF Godzilla Unleashed! Eff the glitched and incomplete engine! Eff the exclusion of Rage Attacks! Eff the throws not sending your opponents traveling outwards (referring to the PS2 port)! Eff the Wii exclusives and the PS2 exclusive not being available on the opposing consoles!
Just say "fuck", my dude. What is with this place and people censoring themselves?

For what it's worth, totally different team handled the PS2 port from what I recall The Man Responsible for G:U and the Colossal Kaiju Combat: Fall of Nemesis™ Kickstarter saying a few times. Also the engine they used for G:U was some really weird outdated one only used at Pipeworks, it was also going to be used for Colossal Kaiju Combat: Fall of Nemesis™ until the last guy who knew how to use it died and his ancient knowledge with him, not that the project was going smoothly at that point anyway.

Also, I dislike how they did Varan. IDK, crane pose was weird to me.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

I completely forgot about "skreeonk;" I was away for almost 4 years.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

the controls in the Wii version of Unleashed were not good. they really should've taken advantage of the Motion Plus features.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Balancing.

We all know how OP Destoroyah is. For the Wii version of Unleashed MG and MG2 are broken because they can take away health cells with their beam attacks. Megaguirus can fire her beam indefinitely in Unleashed too.

AI

Some of the AIs are pure crap. Sometimes I don’t even lose a cell because they are so crap. On the Wii Unleashed, SpaceG comes to mind.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VISITOR DIDN'T WIN THE UNLEASHED POLL DAMMIT.

Also Unleashed has some ugly graphics. I know graphics aren't everything, but holy crap they look so bland compared to the less advanced games that came before them, and it's so obvious they're rushed because some textures on some monsters were reused for others!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Unleashed was way too ambitious. Had they pulled it off it would be the biggest positive I could say in the positive topic.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Some of the monster models are really bad imo. I hate Destoroyah’s face too.
For Emperor and Empire!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Some of the monster models are really bad imo. I hate Destoroyah’s face too.
Godzilla ‘90s and Godzilla ‘54 in Unleashed take the cake for me, they’re absolutely hideous and don’t even look close to the actual suits
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

G2000 wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:Some of the monster models are really bad imo. I hate Destoroyah’s face too.
Godzilla ‘90s and Godzilla ‘54 in Unleashed take the cake for me, they’re absolutely hideous and don’t even look close to the actual suits
I mean, the both share the same really rushed monsters and 90's was forced to share a color pallette for Godzilla 2000. Can't expect much from that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Gigantis wrote:
G2000 wrote:
I mean, the both share the same really rushed monsters and 90's was forced to share a color pallette for Godzilla 2000. Can't expect much from that.
At least G54 looks a wee bit more like his movie counterpart (honestly, his model looks kinda closer to the 55 suit tho), G90's looks like some odd mixture between 84Goji and BioGoji with that misplaced G2000 pallette.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Destoroyah's blue skin color and flat face make him look far dopier than he does in the film.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The tanks in Godzilla: Save the Earth are such a damn nuisance. The fact that the military targets any monster that is winning (which would be you most of the time) is annoying as well. Seriously, who thought of that?

No day or night switch in Godzilla: Unleashed.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

I actually rather enjoy the Wii version of Unleashed, more than the PS2 version honestly.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of in these games is the scale, I never really feel like a giant monster. Maybe that has to do with the high perspective? In saying that I do think that criticism is a bit of a mute-point since it's a sacrifice made for better gameplay and the game itself does its absolute best to mask the issue.
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

A good chunk of these are going to involve Unleashed

.The lack of a training mode in DAMM and STE
.GU WII's poor excuse for a training mode
.The awful targeting system in STE
.The terrible motion controls in GU WII
.GU's lackluster story and faction system
.GU only having nine stages to fight on
.GU's many bugs and glitches.
.The lack of any monster profiles in GU
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.