Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Unleashed is the best. Due to the huge monster roster, Epic Character themes (Jet Jaguar has the best), and i play it a lot. 2nd Destroy all monsters melee and 3rd Save the earth.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Save the Earth had the best balance of roster and game-play. It had the benefits of Destroy All Monster Melee's combat, slightly improved, without going balls-to-the-wall bonkers like they did with Unleashed. While Unleashed had more monsters, sure, Save the Earth just felt like the perfect balance between the two games.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There’s no point in having more monsters if they all control like shit.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:There’s no point in having more monsters if they all control like shit.
Basically this. Unleashed had a fantastic roster but it felt worthless because of the controls and the graphics. The graphics in Save the Earth were comparatively better. (If memory serves).
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:There’s no point in having more monsters if they all control like shit.
Basically this. Unleashed had a fantastic roster but it felt worthless because of the controls and the graphics. The graphics in Save the Earth were comparatively better. (If memory serves).
The SpaceGodzilla used in StE on Xbox was the crappy PS2 model. I still have my original D8 recording of the gameplay footage I filmed for TK back in 2004. I need to convert that and upload it someday.

For the controls, it depends on how much practice you put in if you're not used to using the Wii-mote. Naurto65 played against me some year back and he had a lot of the monsters mastered. Just like any game with a new controller, you have to put the time in.
Last edited by Chris55 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Chris55 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:There’s no point in having more monsters if they all control like poop.
The SpaceGodzilla used in StE on Xbox was the crappy PS2 model. I still have my original D8 recording of the gameplay footage I filmed for TK back in 2004. I need to convert that and upload it someday.

For the controls, it depends on how much practice you put in if you're not used to using the Wii-mote. Naurto65 played against me some year back and he had a lot of the monsters mastered. Just like any game with a new controller, you have to put the time in.
You mean you have a cool video from glorious 2004 containing a rare secret trivia only everyone here would care about

AND YA HAVEN'T UPLOADED IT YET????

Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Chris55 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Chris, would this happen to be the same SpaceGodzilla model featured in the D8 footage you're talking about?

I've always wondered why some of the models look better in this trailer than in-game.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

^I don't think that's the same one. The crystals looked A LOT better in my footage. I still have the D8 cameras and the original tapes. Just need a firewire card and a more reliable power source for the camera and I can rip it.

@ROMG4

It was uploaded in 2004 and was the first video footage of the game to exist. However, it crashed Toho Kingdom 8 times and almost got it kicked off it's host. With each crash, Arbok had to degrade the video to cut bandwidth. Too bad YouTube didn't exist back then.
Last edited by Chris55 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I doubt these games were ever popular enough to get a HD remaster re-release, but it would be awesome if they made a comeback on the ps4 store or any other virtual console.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I doubt these games were ever popular enough to get a HD remaster re-release, but it would be awesome if they made a comeback on the ps4 store or any other virtual console.
They're popular enough from what I've seen but Atari didn't want to spend the money getting the license again and then going through the effort to get a company to do the remaster and make the work with today's consoles. If there EVER was a time for these games to be remastered, it's now.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Chris55 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I doubt these games were ever popular enough to get a HD remaster re-release, but it would be awesome if they made a comeback on the ps4 store or any other virtual console.
They're popular enough from what I've seen but Atari didn't want to spend the money getting the license again and then going through the effort to get a company to do the remaster and make the work with today's consoles. If there EVER was a time for these games to be remastered, it's now.
Don’t they still own the rights to the games though? I feel like even if you lose the license that just means you can’t make new things, I think they’d still be able to do stuff with their own products. Like I doubt Marvel would have had to get the license back when they released that collected edition of their Godzilla comics.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Don’t they still own the rights to the games though? I feel like even if you lose the license that just means you can’t make new things, I think they’d still be able to do stuff with their own products. Like I doubt Marvel would have had to get the license back when they released that collected edition of their Godzilla comics.
Both Atari and Pipeworks have the assets of the games but without renewing the license, they can't do anything with them.

For Marvel, I'm not sure what the contract at the time states as far as reprinting etc.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Chris55 wrote:
Oh that's pretty interesting. TK was almost destroyed

By early 2000s bandwidth constraints.

It should be pretty cool to see that footage when you upload it

psst the Japanese launch of STE was December the 10 you still have time to say you released it on a anniversary :lol:

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

ROMG4 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Oh that's pretty interesting. TK was almost destroyed

By early 2000s bandwidth constraints.

It should be pretty cool to see that footage when you upload it

psst the Japanese launch of STE was December the 10 you still have time to say you released it on a anniversary :lol:
This is in reply to talking about potential remasters, or...?
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I picked the wrong quote

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
They absolutely had to get the license. You can’t sell a product with the “Godzilla” name without approval from Toho. So while Atari/Marvel may own some or all of their respective Godzilla products, they still wouldn’t be able to redistribute them as Toho owns the characters used in these works (except for the Marvel comics in which they only own the rights to Godzilla and none of the other creations which is why some have shown up again since that series).

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

PIPEWORKS Studios Willing To Do GODZILLA Game HD Remasters From Series, Fans Called To Show Interest and Demand To Atari By Signing Petition

Since the wake of a new wave of Godzilla films storming from a revived and booming Godzilla franchise, and since the wake of HD Videogame Remasters, fans have long since demanded and dreamed of the Pipeworks Studio developed and Atari published Godzilla Videogames to make a return from their vault.

To play their fantastic brawlers on next-gen consoles, to make new memories of city-level combat, kaiju-ruled battles, and glorious domination of tournaments and online-play. For years this vocal demand from the invested consumer fanbase has drummed and piled on, and now fans have been given a chance to make their dreams come true!

By social media via Twitter, Pipeworks has openly acknowledged the growing consumer demand for HD remasters of Atari's published Godzilla Game Trilogy. Encouraging that they are passionately willing to come to the table to make it all a reality if Atari is willing to meet them and G-fans halfway.

If you want an HD Remaster of Atari's GODZILLA Games, then let Atari see your demand by signing this petition!
https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-ge ... the-market

And not just that, voice your consumer demand upon Atari's official facebook page and twitter account!!

https://www.facebook.com/atari/

https://twitter.com/atari

Please by kind and respectful when voicing your demand and consumer interest in wanting these games back. Do not spam Atari, and do not be rude. Remember, none of this can happen without them.

Having said that, GET READY TO CRUMBLE!!

Spread the word, sign the petition, and let your interest and demand as a consumer and Godzilla fan be known to Atari! ^_^ Meet us halfway Atari, we're all willing if you are to make this dream a reality!
https://www.change.org/p/atari-let-s-ge ... the-market
Yooo 8-)

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

While DAMM and STE definitely interest me, I do wonder if they would end up fixing the bugs with G:U...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MM Raids Again wrote:While DAMM and STE definitely interest me, I do wonder if they would end up fixing the bugs with G:U...
I'm more curious how they'd be able to remaster GU specifically, the motion controls were integral. It'd be nice to play a much more polished version of the game, though (preferably with traditional controls).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GigaBowserG wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:While DAMM and STE definitely interest me, I do wonder if they would end up fixing the bugs with G:U...
I'm more curious how they'd be able to remaster GU specifically, the motion controls were integral. It'd be nice to play a much more polished version of the game, though (preferably with traditional controls).
Indeed. I also hope the remasters would be for PS4 at the least... Not just X-Box.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?