Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So apparently that petition for this trilogy has almost reached 10,000 signatures, for this fandom that's really impressive. I doubt anything will actually happen, though.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I love this trilogy. Unleashed for the Wii was the first Godzilla game i played. I loved it, i got Damm for gamecube and it was awesome i loved it. I hope this trilogy get's the treatment Crash and Spyro got as a remaster. I hope Pipeworks makes it great.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would love to play as Kumonga, Kamacuras, and Gorosaurus.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

The petition is currently at 9500 which is nothing short of amazing to me. The enthusiasm of the person running the page is a bit naive I think.

Petition: "Atari can't ignore us forever!"

Atari: Hold my beer.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It would be AWESOME if a remaster of all three titles was released even just the first two would be awesome

I only hope it would also come to PC

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Petition hit 10K supporters tonight!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:So apparently that petition for this trilogy has almost reached 10,000 signatures, for this fandom that's really impressive. I doubt anything will actually happen, though.
I wish petitions to get Godzilla and The Lost Continent out got this much attention.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Dr. Professor wrote:Petition hit 10K supporters tonight!
Did it? The website loads on my computer showing around 9600
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Fermix wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Petition hit 10K supporters tonight!
Did it? The website loads on my computer showing around 9600
According to that Twitter account that keeps tweeting about the petition, yes. But I haven't looked at the petition myself, so I don't know for sure I guess.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'd rather get a remaster of Destroy All Monsters (Super Famicon) and Battle Legends (Turbo Duo). But I don't know who owns the rights to those games anymore.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_dam.htm

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_turbo.htm

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Living Corpse wrote:I'd rather get a remaster of Destroy All Monsters (Super Famicon) and Battle Legends (Turbo Duo).
I'd be on board for that, too!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Living Corpse wrote:I'd rather get a remaster of Destroy All Monsters (Super Famicon) and Battle Legends (Turbo Duo). But I don't know who owns the rights to those games anymore.

I wanna play those games so bad.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I'd rather get a remaster of Destroy All Monsters (Super Famicon) and Battle Legends (Turbo Duo). But I don't know who owns the rights to those games anymore.

I wanna play those games so bad.
I honestly think they, and Godzilla Domination, are the best fighting games Godzilla has ever had.

Although when it comes to 3D games, DAMM is probably the best.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I have such fond memories of these gamse. From waking up on Christmas morning of 2003 to find G: DAM under my tree, to loosing sleep over how to unlock Orga in DAM, to my dad taking me and my brother to Hollywood video on a snowy winter night in 2005 where I discovered and was utterly blown away by G: STE, to eigerly awiating the next reveal for the roster of G: U in the summer of 2007. These games were such a massive part of my childhood, and seeing HD remasters of all of them (or at least Save the Earth) would make both the child and adult in me very happy
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Red Star Rising
Ronin

Post by Red Star Rising »

Like, I know that the trilogy has more than its fair share of flaws but it's always been absurdly fun. And as a primary school kid I sunk triple digit hours into it and me and my friends and siblings often made up plots for "monster movies" where we'd play out the fights in Godzilla Unleashed. It was cool as hell.

I'd have loved to live in the world where Unleashed got a higher budget and some more dev time. Yes I'm saying that because I'd really like Battra, Showa Gigan, Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, Ebirah, Bagan, Kong, Hedorah, Mechani-Kong, Zilla and the original Kaiju being part of the roster but the game's something of a diamond in the rough to me. It's a game that had a lot of cool ideas that were undercooked due to a clearly rushed development cycle more so than a conceptually flawed one like a lot of other Godzilla games were due to their addiction to attaching weird mechanics to games that would have worked fine without feeling the need to reinvent the wheel.

The faction system could definitely have been cool if they fleshed it out more and gave the story mode more time and energy. Something as simple as being able to affect the ending somewhat more through your choice of alignment would have been appreciated, and you could do something as simple as having alignment more substantially affect who the military/environmental interference is targetting to give it more impact.

I do like the way that they kept some of the old rage attacks as special moves usable by depleting a fully charged energy bar and a specific button combo; but I wish that if they were going that route they'd do it for everyone. Destroyah, Kiryu, and Krystallak being able to use old style rage attacks this way but not Godzilla, Ghidorah, or Gigan is kind of a weird flex.

Turning Space Godzilla's crystals into the Toho equivalent of Tiberium or Phazon is actually an extremely interesting idea and it definitely adds a lot to Space Godzilla as a concept. I hugely approve of making Space Godzilla more like Dark Samus.

The series also definitely affected a lot of my perceptions of the monsters. I'm solidly convinced that the games did a lot to bolster the popularity of many of the one off monsters like Orga, Megaguirus, and Megalon. It's also because of these games that G2k was the Godzilla to me for years.

I also actually like some of the monster designs specific to the games, like Pipeworks' take on Final Wars Gigan or their hybrid of GMK and Hesei King Ghidorah.

And while not every monster specific theme is a hit, every single one of the mecha themes is awesome in a deliciously corny way. Mecha King Ghidorah's theme is a particular stand out to me.

I would definitely love a new Godzilla 3D brawler/smasher/fighting game that combined the good aspects of both the Pipeworks saga and the PS4 game.
Last edited by Red Star Rising on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

To me, Save the Earth was the best out of the 3. Each one had its flaws and virtues; Destroy All Monsters Melee was far more polished, and there was a degree of sheen and reflectivity as well as pristine metallic luster in the 3d models, but the victory poses and the small roster are unfortunate demerits in this case. Save the Earth had a more robust roster as well as fine-tune the animations...and there were even more detailed texture mapping on the 3d models, but suffered in sheen and reflectivity as well as metallic luster, the sounds weren't as perfectly sync'd with the animations, and that's pretty much it. Unleashed had the best roster number, but the poorest implementation in gameplay.

The ideal game, for me, would be a game that utilizes the Unleashed roster, Save the Earth engine, Destroy All Monsters Melee effects, and the ability to select 1 of 3 campaigns. I'd love to be able to select the DaMM campaign as one of the StE or Unleashed kaiju.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Destroy All Monsters Melee was one of my favorite games on the Gamecube. I guess by fighting game standards, it isn't the most special thing in the world, but as a fan of Godzilla, it was great to finally get to play a game that was fun, playable, and felt true to the franchise as well.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla gets Ebirah and the Hammer Sub as his bosses in his rail shooter, Moggy get's Spacegodzilla. I wonder who Rodan's boss fight would have been had his been made. Also notice a theme going on here with the rail shooters, ocean, air & space.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Maybe Rodan would have had the fire dragon as his boss fight?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

My suspicion is either an alien mothership or Megaguirus. Possibly both.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.