The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
VGF2615
Yojimbo

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Post by VGF2615 »

BoswerLK wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 pm I could be remembering wrong...didn't he have like a sonic roar that shot out in a cone that could beamfight?
He did have a sonic roar in all of the games but he couldn't participate in beam fights

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'd love to see something in the style of the 2005 Kong game, but I'll take a new fighting simply because it's been SO LONG since the last one!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but on April 4th Ed Boone (Head Programmer/Developer for the Mortal Kombat and Injustice Games) made a Twitter poll asking about if people thought there are "enough known giant monsters to make a Giant Monster Fighting Game". A giant monster fighting game by NeatherRealm? Sign me up
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 am I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but on April 4th Ed Boone (Head Programmer/Developer for the Mortal Kombat and Injustice Games) made a Twitter poll asking about if people thought there are "enough known giant monsters to make a Giant Monster Fighting Game". A giant monster fighting game by NeatherRealm? Sign me up
I missed that, but, my god. PLEASE give them the license. A kaiju fighter that's ANYTHING like Injustice 2 would be the greatest thing ever.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 pm
Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 am I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but on April 4th Ed Boone (Head Programmer/Developer for the Mortal Kombat and Injustice Games) made a Twitter poll asking about if people thought there are "enough known giant monsters to make a Giant Monster Fighting Game". A giant monster fighting game by NeatherRealm? Sign me up
I missed that, but, my god. PLEASE give them the license. A kaiju fighter that's ANYTHING like Injustice 2 would be the greatest thing ever.
They are already in the WB family, so if anyone got the license it probably would be them! Fingers crossed that it comes through.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

It would be cool if Pipeworks and Atari could remaster and re-release Destroy All Monster Melee, Save the Earth and Unleashed on modern consoles via a compilation set.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I wonder if there are talks/preliminary meetings going on as we speak.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm pretty sure there's talks going on, Ed Boon rarely makes follow up poll tweets. Normally he'd make one joke tweet of ambiguity. He followed his last tweet with a Q, asking his audience to name 15 kaiju, the typical roster amount.

He's also already at WB Games, who own Netherrealm I believe. That would make the trifecta of fighting games for Ed Boon, Injustice, MK, Monsterverse.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I just want one great game man, is that too much to ask for? We've gotten close but .....

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I wonder if it would be released on PC. I don't want to buy a console for one game.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:31 pm I wonder if it would be released on PC. I don't want to buy a console for one game.
And I don't want to buy a PC for one game either.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:04 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:31 pm I wonder if it would be released on PC. I don't want to buy a console for one game.
Cmon bro, it's just $4000 for a computer setup that'll last you about 12 months, before upgraded specs come out requiring you to spend an additional $600 CPU and graphic output (sold separately).

You wouldn't do all that for one Heisei Godzilla Simulator?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm
Cmon bro, it's just $4000 for a computer setup that'll last you about 12 months, before upgraded specs come out requiring you to spend an additional $600 CPU and graphic output (sold separately).

*clears throat*

Fuuuuuuuuuuckk no.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm Cmon bro, it's just $4000 for a computer setup that'll last you about 12 months, before upgraded specs come out requiring you to spend an additional $600 CPU and graphic output (sold separately).

My setup's been fine for over 3+ years now. You must not be doing it right.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:24 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm Cmon bro, it's just $4000 for a computer setup that'll last you about 12 months, before upgraded specs come out requiring you to spend an additional $600 CPU and graphic output (sold separately).

My setup's been fine for over 3+ years now. You must not be doing it right.
Twas but a joke, I'm not a fan of PC gaming personally.

Added in 2 minutes :
Regardless though let's hope no exclusivity deals on the next G game.

Although from what we've seen from G games thus far, they tend to stick with Japanese companies like Sony and Nintendo.

(Recently that's been changing though)

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm

You just explained why I hate PC gaming lol. I know you were joking but its fairly accurate, too.

Okay, 4 grand is a bit much, but still. With a console, you know every game you buy for it is going to work. And it's not going to slow down over time, etc.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Interesting because you could easily make a fighting game out of the monsterverse monsters so far. Godzilla, Kong, Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, Muto Male, Muto Female, Ramarak and even the Warbats all have enough design/ideas to make their own characters. Furthermore if you wanted to have Godzilla 2014 vs 2021 and a Kong with axe or without, Then you could easily make characters based on Behemoth, Scylla and the others, as well as the expanded comic stuff, like Muto Prime, Shinomura and the main stuff from the very recent comics. Then of course, you could add a few classic Toho monsters, or make up some game original monsters. The point is, the roster for a game is there without getting desperate. And you’ve got plenty of distinct settings (Skull Island, Hollow Earth, Hong Kong, Boston, Las Vegas, Castle Bravo, etc...)

I feel like we are really due for a new Godzilla game, especially a fighting game. It’s been a bit.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:01 am Interesting because you could easily make a fighting game out of the monsterverse monsters so far. Godzilla, Kong, Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, Muto Male, Muto Female, Ramarak and even the Warbats all have enough design/ideas to make their own characters. Furthermore if you wanted to have Godzilla 2014 vs 2021 and a Kong with axe or without, Then you could easily make characters based on Behemoth, Scylla and the others, as well as the expanded comic stuff, like Muto Prime, Shinomura and the main stuff from the very recent comics. Then of course, you could add a few classic Toho monsters, or make up some game original monsters. The point is, the roster for a game is there without getting desperate. And you’ve got plenty of distinct settings (Skull Island, Hollow Earth, Hong Kong, Boston, Las Vegas, Castle Bravo, etc...)

I feel like we are really due for a new Godzilla game, especially a fighting game. It’s been a bit.
One of my normie friends posted on Facebook the other day about how he wants a new DAMM style game. If its going to happen, now seems to be the time to get the ball rolling.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

In the next fighting game (if it is one), just give me a free/sandbox mode where I can destroy cities without fighting other kaiju!
Last edited by Spydrmanjr on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Spydrmanjr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 am In the next fighting game (if it is one), just give me a free/sandbox mode where I can destroy cities without fighting other kaiju!
destruction mode
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!