Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by Giratina93 »

1. wrong game. This is the STE thread, not the DAMM thread.

2. Please leave advertisements in your signature instead of devoting an entire post to as such. This will be your only verbal warning on the matter.

3. Considering this thread was dead for a year before being revived for... very little content, I'd say it's time to give this old timer a rest.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

IXvPRIMUSvXI
Ronin

Competitive Godzilla Save The Earth

Post by IXvPRIMUSvXI »

Hey Guys..I'm a BIG Godzilla Fan and I'm a Competitive Godzilla STE Player. I'm Looking for Competitive STE players or STE Gurus.

If any of you are a Competitive STE Player Then Comment in my Topic of what your Main Monsters Are and how good are you in Godzilla: Save the Earth. and let us keep this game alive.

GODZILLA: SAVE THE EARTH [PS2/XBOX] FOREVER!
Keep Calm and Do GODZILLA GAMING

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER....to unlock this thread. Please, keep anything related to STE in this thread from now on.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

GojiYautjaFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiYautjaFan1999 »

Save the Earth, The 2nd of The Trilogy and My Most Favorite, I Freakin' Love this Game, and i'm a Competitive Player on XBOX, My Mains Are Godzilla 2000 and 90's and Orga. Are you A Competitive Player Like me?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

GodEmperorGabara wrote:By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER....to unlock this thread. Please, keep anything related to STE in this thread from now on.
Thanks. There was absolutely no reason to have it locked in the first place.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Goji wrote:
GodEmperorGabara wrote:By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER....to unlock this thread. Please, keep anything related to STE in this thread from now on.
Thanks. There was absolutely no reason to have it locked in the first place.
I still have honestly no idea why he locked it in the first place

I mean this is a over 10 year old game

There isn't much reason to make a new thread

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Pretty good timing! Someone shared this with me on YouTube, it was quite a nostalgia trip.

I don't know if I tried it with any other monsters, but I hear Gigan can aerial buzzsaw his way over it. Always enjoyed walking outside the boundaries of stages, even if there's not much out there.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I loved being able to escape Monster Island on Godzilla Unleashed!

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

GojiYautjaFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiYautjaFan1999 »

So..What's the best monster for a High Tier?

Hidorajira98
Ronin

Post by Hidorajira98 »

https://youtu.be/UMA4byvxSmA

A Survival Mode run on Hard with Rodan.
Last edited by Hidorajira98 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hidorajira98
Ronin

Godzilla Save the Earth Competitive Discussion

Post by Hidorajira98 »

Hello there and welcome to the STE competitive topic! Here we'll be discussing about the competitive side of Godzilla Save the Earth for both X-Box and Playstation 2.

My only two rules for this discussion are:

*Our main topic is the game, so try to stay on that. Anything else off-topic must be brief.

*DON'T start any fights here in this discussion. If you have a disagreement about something, please don't start a flame war. Just state why you disagree and move on.

Anyway, I do hope to see some interesting comments in here and if you're interested, join this Discord chat ➡ https://discordapp.com/channels/4707303 ... 6532430860

Alright then, that's all I gotta say, let the competitive talk begin!

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Here's a really cool find:

Mount Fuji was supposed to be the final level of the game's story mode before it was cut. Simon Strange spoke about it briefly in the Toho Kingdom 2005 interview:
That battle was supposed to take place in the crater of Mt. Fuji.

You had to climb Mt. Fuji, with almost every monster in the game fighting you on the way up (2-3 at a time, naturally.) You see, Space Godzilla was an ally of the Vortaak, and was working the mind-control rays for them.
Only the last three-fourths of the stage survived, and the actual story mission scripts are probably forever lost, but it's really cool to see what the in-game Mount Fuji stage looked like at least. Previously, we only had the concept art from the game's gallery and this press screenshot of the game which features a slighter later version of the stage with improved textures:
Spoiler:
I took a screenshot in the same area to help prove the stage's legitimacy (although since only two sections of the stage can be loaded at once, the crater in the background is missing):
Spoiler:

The textures are quite different, but the geometry matches up.
Some other recent findings include:

The Star Falcon
Spoiler:
In the aforementioned interview, Simon Strange said that "MOGUERA's design changed dramatically". MOGUERA 2 originally had the ability to transform into the Star Falcon (seemingly not Land MOGUERA though). Its beam effect can be seen here. The transformation animation can be seen here. The animation may look weird, but that's due to it being seen out of context. In its proper context, the Star Falcon would likely appear as MOGUERA begins to sink into the ground, and the transformation would likely be masked with visual effects to make it appear as if only the upper half of MOGUERA is burrowing into the ground (although this is all speculation).
Destoroyah's Flying Form (Adventure Mode Boss)
Spoiler:
Destoroyah in his flying form was going to be an enemy you'd face in the cut story mode. I assume he would have functioned similarly to the Orga spaceship from Challenge mode.
Brief Gameplay of the cut Adventure Mode:
Spoiler:
Some brief gameplay of the cut story mode was strangely included with the PSM2 issue 53 DVD (totally a "hands-on" look at the game, huh?):

Some cut stages made exclusively for Adventure mode can be seen here as well as the cut jets mentioned in the GSTE interview (although they actually do appear in the released game in the Osaka Crunch challenge). There's also early footage of the rail missions and some regular Versus matches, all with different HUD.
G-Vision:
Spoiler:

In the GSTE interview, Simon Strange mentions that Godzilla "had a special move which was action-mode only." This is likely what he was talking about. G-Vision was intended to allow players to easily spot G-Cells in Adventure mode (I determined this from some story mode dialogue lines for missions 1 and 2 that I found). This would have been more useful when the G-Cells were the main goal of each level. The video demonstrates what the effects looked like and not how the ability would have functioned (it's just Godzilla's rage attack in the video). The orange effect would likely have been overlaid over the screen like in the image above, and the green marker would probably be placed over the G-Cells.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The Godzilla King wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:30 am Here's a really cool find:
Oh wow this is awesome! I never thought the Mount Fuji stage had been in any real completion let alone remnants of it in the game's data files and the other stuff that's just cool, thank you for sharing this!
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon May 24, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

It's amazing to see what you can find lost in a games files if you look hard enough!

Now i'm kinda curious to see if you can climb Mount Fuji while you're still battling a monster though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

That's crazy! I always wondered what the deal with the challenge stages was, never knew they were planning so much for the story mode. I wonder if Antarctica ever made it that far?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

it's a damn shame so much of this game got cut. I would love to see it finished, even if I have to mod something to do so
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

The Godzilla King wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:30 am

G-Vision:
Spoiler:

In the GSTE interview, Simon Strange mentions that Godzilla "had a special move which was action-mode only." This is likely what he was talking about. G-Vision was intended to allow players to easily spot G-Cells in Adventure mode (I determined this from some story mode dialogue lines for missions 1 and 2 that I found). This would have been more useful when the G-Cells were the main goal of each level. The video demonstrates what the effects looked like and not how the ability would have functioned (it's just Godzilla's rage attack in the video). The orange effect would likely have been overlaid over the screen like in the image above, and the green marker would probably be placed over the G-Cells.
Yeah it was so you can spot the G-Cells. I think it tied more into the story mode and when that got dumped, they removed the power. It's been 16 years since that interview but that's the best that I can remember.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The amount of scrapped content in Godzilla Save the Earth could truly RIVAL the story of Halo 2 easily