Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by Chris55 »

ROMG4 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:09 pm The amount of scrapped content in Godzilla Save the Earth could truly RIVAL the story of Halo 2 easily
Seriously. Even all the storyboards for "Project G" showed just a sample of all the crazy ideas they had.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/project- ... _misb.html
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

It's a shame Atari had to rush Pipeworks to make Godzilla: Save the Earth release in late 2004 to commemorate Godzilla's 50th anniversary. Had this game been released several months later, it would've been a bigger and better game.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

The fan mod seems to be coming along nicely!
Last edited by Gojira95 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Combating the CPU on Hard Mode (Godzilla STE)

Post by PrimevalYautja »

Hey Guys. I've been doing versus matches in Godzilla STE against the cpu in hard mode.
I was wondering you got any Tips on Winning against Hard Mode CPU? Thanks

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Hello Primeval. First I would say definitely do practice matches first. It'd be a good idea to do medium difficulty first to make sure you can handle yourself in that field. Also be sure to start with your favorite characters because you will be most familiar with them. That's what I did. Of course this game is not particularly balanced so some characters will fare better than others. Of course play defensively most of the time and learn the CPU strategies so you know how to better counter then. Also make sure you are well rounded in all of the maps. All of this won't do you much good if you don't know how to best get around in whatever map you are in. After that it should be (relative) smooth sailing and you can continue to be a happy chappy.
Last edited by Lesko on Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

@Lesko I see, Well Recently did Action mode with Godzilla 90's and 2000, Destoroyah, Kiryu, King Ghidorah, Gigan, Orga and Megaguirus on Medium and I did Action mode with Godzilla 2000 on Hard Mode

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm stoked to see more of that Overhaul mod, very nice work from the team. Keep it up! Makes me even hungrier for a new console game...
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Just in time for Godzilla Day.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:02 pm Just in time for Godzilla Day.

They've done an incredible job with this! So excited to see more monsters and their changes!
Spoiler:
SpaceGodzilla looks insane!
Last edited by Gojira95 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

When the project is finished, how exactly would one play it anyway?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spuro wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:44 am When the project is finished, how exactly would one play it anyway?
From what I understand it's an Xbox-PS2 based mod, however I've heard mixed things about a PC port.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:09 pm From what I understand it's an Xbox-PS2 based mod, however I've heard mixed things about a PC port.
Strictly PS2 emulation. A PC port seems kind of redundant since this'll be playable through emulation on the PC already...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

And how might one play this through emulation? Or is that not a question to ask on TK?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Emulation is legal, distributing the pirated software isn't.
Not like it's being sold these days but whatever :V
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^We might have to wait a few more years for the average PC to handle PS2 emulation.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

God damn, that looks great. And I think I'm a bit more hyped for this than the G:U one since I actually prefer the controls of STE. If there's one thing I hope to see, I hope they add more dust/debris clouds around buildings when they collapse/sink into the ground. This would help hide the fact they are simply sinking beneath the ground instead of actually crumbling. I'd also add some explosions to the collapsing buildings, maybe utilize the same explosion/fire effects that happen when rockets hit them and the kaiju. I don't remember STE having any real large fire effects, but if possible, add some flames on top of the ruins of fallen buildings could also help if possible.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Would the mod work on a an actual hardware PS2 if you had a way to play your legal backups?

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

He looks fantastic, love the new more accurate model and effects.

They also showed off Fire Rodan.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

SG-17 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:33 pm Would the mod work on a an actual hardware PS2 if you had a way to play your legal backups?
Unfortunately, no as the team stated that the mod requires a special plugin for PCSX2 in order for some functionalities to work properly such as new game modes, size limits, randomizers, etc.
Last edited by VGF2615 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 am God damn, that looks great. And I think I'm a bit more hyped for this than the G:U one since I actually prefer the controls of STE. If there's one thing I hope to see, I hope they add more dust/debris clouds around buildings when they collapse/sink into the ground. This would help hide the fact they are simply sinking beneath the ground instead of actually crumbling. I'd also add some explosions to the collapsing buildings, maybe utilize the same explosion/fire effects that happen when rockets hit them and the kaiju. I don't remember STE having any real large fire effects, but if possible, add some flames on top of the ruins of fallen buildings could also help if possible.
no fire but check this out

Added in 4 minutes 58 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 pm ^We might have to wait a few more years for the average PC to handle PS2 emulation.
I'm not a computer scientist and I don't know if my computer would count as "average", but I'm fairly certain this can already be done, at the very least with lower graphical settings.

But maybe I'm outta touch here's the wikipedia quote on hardware compatabillity for pcsx2 the emulator they using,
Hardware requirements are largely game-dependent. Due to the demanding nature of emulation, PCSX2 is much more likely to perform well with modern mid-range to high-end hardware, with lower-end systems likely to experience less than full performance. The performance bottleneck in most cases is the CPU rather than the GPU. This is especially the case in software mode, in which only the CPU is used for emulation. In hardware mode, the GPU emulates the graphics, but can still be a bottleneck if the internal resolution is set too high. Some games may also run slower due to unoptimized graphics code or weak video cards. As computer hardware has continued to advance with time, the likelihood of performance issues with PCSX2 has experienced a corresponding decrease.

with system requirements found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCSX2
He Jock it Made of Steel