Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Godzilla: Rulers Of Earth The Game

Post by Godzillasylum »

I would really really love a Godzilla fighter game based in the Rulers Of Earth Universe. I think that would be a really massive hit and shine more light on the comic series as a whole for those who don't know of it (which is highly unlikely but you never know). What do you guys think? Would you like a game like that and would you think it would be a good idea to do?
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Rulers Of Earth The Game

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Not really and why did you make this thread?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Mr. X
Keizer

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Mr. X »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:why did you make this thread?
Problem solved. :P
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Hellbender93
Ronin

Post by Hellbender93 »

A few major components I'd like to see in a new Godzilla game:

1. I'd like a fast paced brawler. Think something that works on a level of speed comparable to Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, but with a more savage fighting style rather than a campy one. More or less just basing the fighting style more off of clawing, biting, shoulder checks, etc. I could really see holding onto buttons to charge up attacks (ala Hulk: Ultimate Destruction) working well for numerous aspects of the gameplay, combined with the classic DAMM style beam build-ups. This would be great for combos, as well as stomping on fallen opponents and super charging your grapple attacks.

2. I'd like a game that captilizes on movie accuracy when effective. I'm all for correct monster roars and beam FX, but I felt the gameplay of Godzilla VS is more or less inaccessible to anyone outside of the fan base. I'd say, in terms of representing the Godzilla universe accurately, move away from tank controls and instead focus on Easter eggs within the environments and campaigns. With Shin Gojira being worked on, I think a shift away from Kawakita style visuals to Higuchi's work could work very well.

3. Story mode is something most G games handle rather poorly. Personally, I'd like to see a sort of Ken's Rage style Campaign. A playthrough of it would be short, but each kaiju would have their own story, which would have quite a bit of meat to it. The Easter eggs I mentioned earlier would be great as well, adding lots of references to the films while also exploring new match ups and scenarios.

4. Put more focus on environments. I'd really like to see a truly next-gen Godzilla game, especially considering what that could mean for the arenas. I'd love to see large cities that are fully interactive and destructible. I would love to see some great weapons play ala War of the Monsters or Hulk Ultimate Destruction applied to a Godzilla game, along with a next engine destruction engine. I'd definitely like to see environments based on movie locations as well.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

Since there are some ears listening for feedback on a new game (supposedly from Gormaru Island) I just wanna share my simple ideas for a game.

Firstly, the game MUST be faithful to the films. I enjoy DAMM and STE as much as anybody else, but they aren't as faithful as they should've been. Godzilla PS4 was extremely faithful to the films, and that faithfulness needs to stay in any future game, in the models, the sound effects, EVERYTHING. I do want a fast combat system, but I think they can make it looks realistic and fast-paced without having the monster models run or jump unrealistically (unlike the Atari trilogy).

Secondly, I think the combat should be similar to the Ultraman games. They have some great finishers for specific Kaiju and the combos seem very effective, but I want a 3rd person approach like the Atari games. I think the games are made by Bandai too, so it shouldn't be too hard to replicate that system of combat.

Thirdly, a great destruction mode. Okay, I know this is a fighting game, and people will want to have destruction in the levels and combat system, which I want too. But I also would like an entirely separate destruction mode that's like Godzilla Generations. I think Generations had better destruction physics than Godzilla PS4, so a combination of both game's levels and physics would be great! I also think that in addition to having massive stages with no "out of bounds" warnings, if you leave an area you will be transferred to another area, or you can pick and load it up like GU's storyline. Say you are in Tokyo, and you walk to the level's boundary. Once you cross it, you can then go to Osaka's level, or to Yokohama's level.

Fourthly, roster. I want to have every Godzilla character and almost all of the incarnations all the way from Godzilla 1954, to Godzilla 2016, from Showa Ghidorah, to Death Ghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah while having unique movesets for each character and incarnation. It's about time we got a game with every single Godzilla character and incarnation. Even include Hedorah 2004 and Gabera.
I'd rather have a massive character base with large levels and massive levels for Destruction mode, and I'd rather have a complete game than a partial game with DLCs. I also want the game to be open for patching for at least a year.

If anyone agrees, please copy and paste a comment on Bandai Namco's Twitter page to let them know what we want. Thanks. :)
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:Since there are some ears listening for feedback on a new game (supposedly from Gormaru Island) I just wanna share my simple ideas for a game.

Firstly, the game MUST be faithful to the films. I enjoy DAMM and STE as much as anybody else, but they aren't as faithful as they should've been. Godzilla PS4 was extremely faithful to the films, and that faithfulness needs to stay in any future game, in the models, the sound effects, EVERYTHING. I do want a fast combat system, but I think they can make it looks realistic and fast-paced without having the monster models run or jump unrealistically (unlike the Atari trilogy).

Secondly, I think the combat should be similar to the Ultraman games. They have some great finishers for specific Kaiju and the combos seem very effective, but I want a 3rd person approach like the Atari games. I think the games are made by Bandai too, so it shouldn't be too hard to replicate that system of combat.

Thirdly, a great destruction mode. Okay, I know this is a fighting game, and people will want to have destruction in the levels and combat system, which I want too. But I also would like an entirely separate destruction mode that's like Godzilla Generations. I think Generations had better destruction physics than Godzilla PS4, so a combination of both game's levels and physics would be great! I also think that in addition to having massive stages with no "out of bounds" warnings, if you leave an area you will be transferred to another area, or you can pick and load it up like GU's storyline. Say you are in Tokyo, and you walk to the level's boundary. Once you cross it, you can then go to Osaka's level, or to Yokohama's level.

Fourthly, roster. I want to have every Godzilla character and almost all of the incarnations all the way from Godzilla 1954, to Godzilla 2016, from Showa Ghidorah, to Death Ghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah while having unique movesets for each character and incarnation. It's about time we got a game with every single Godzilla character and incarnation. Even include Hedorah 2004 and Gabera.
I'd rather have a massive character base with large levels and massive levels for Destruction mode, and I'd rather have a complete game than a partial game with DLCs. I also want the game to be open for patching for at least a year.

If anyone agrees, please copy and paste a comment on Bandai Namco's Twitter page to let them know what we want. Thanks. :)
Nice. :)
That way, I can finally live out my childhood fantasy of having the Kinggoji and the Megarogoji finally having their good vs. evil fight.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

As much as i liked STE and GU, i'd love to see a fighting game more similar to the Ultraman Fighting Evolution ones. With fully destructive and interactive environments, finishers and a great faithfulness to the films. And it could have campaigns based on the most emblematic moments of the movies.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

My dream roster of a Godzilla game would be

* Godzilla 1962
* Rodan 1964
* Anguirus 1968
* Godzilla 1974/1975
* King Ghidorah 1964
* Mothra 1961 or 2003
* Battra
* Gigan 1972
* Godzilla 1991
* Godzilla 2014
* Godzilla 2001
* Godzilla 1998
* Mechagodzilla 1974
* King Caesar
* Kiryu
* Mothra 1992
* Spacegodzilla
* King Ghidorah 1991
* Mecha-King Ghidorah
* Titanosaurus
* Biollante
* Megalon
* Jet Jaguar
* Orga
* Monster X
* Hedorah 1971
* Super Mechagodzilla
* Destroyah
* MUTO

BAM! Lol, that's probably too many monsters but oh well :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:My dream roster of a Godzilla game would be

* Godzilla 1962
* Rodan 1964
* Anguirus 1968
* Godzilla 1974/1975
* King Ghidorah 1964
* Mothra 1961 or 2003
* Battra
* Gigan 1972
* Godzilla 1991
* Godzilla 2014
* Godzilla 2001
* Godzilla 1998
* Mechagodzilla 1974
* King Caesar
* Kiryu
* Mothra 1992
* Spacegodzilla
* King Ghidorah 1991
* Mecha-King Ghidorah
* Titanosaurus
* Biollante
* Megalon
* Jet Jaguar
* Orga
* Monster X
* Hedorah 1971
* Super Mechagodzilla
* Destroyah
* MUTO

BAM! Lol, that's probably too many monsters but oh well :lol:
Not a bad number at all, actually :) 32 there (Battra and Mothra forms separate, both MUTO), 22 monsters were in PS4 Godzilla, and 27 in Wii GU (Mothra forms separate).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

How about a mode where you play as Hedorah's flying form, and if you pan the camera behind you can see the trail of rapid decay and corrosion in real time?
Monsters are the real people.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Godzilla Final Wars reworked as a Super Smash Bros style beat 'em up with Gordon as Little Mac.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I was thinking a good idea for a game would be a text based MMO, similar to Urban Dead. There would be fairly big cities that regenerate every half hour or less and a ocean small enough to get from one place to another while big enough to stay out of other's way.

As well as that, you could make your own monster or you could choose a preexisting monster and upgrade them with traits and parts (taking Ebriah and giving him a electricity shooting stinger instead of a flipper tail or making both claws huge).

How does that sound?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

toho_guy01 wrote:I was thinking a good idea for a game would be a text based MMO, similar to Urban Dead. There would be fairly big cities that regenerate every half hour or less and a ocean small enough to get from one place to another while big enough to stay out of other's way.

As well as that, you could make your own monster or you could choose a preexisting monster and upgrade them with traits and parts (taking Ebriah and giving him a electricity shooting stinger instead of a flipper tail or making both claws huge).

How does that sound?
I don't like it
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Ligerzilla2014 wrote:Godzilla Final Wars reworked as a Super Smash Bros style beat 'em up with Gordon as Little Mac.
In all seriousness there's a few things a Godzilla game could take from SSB. A bigass slashfic-style story mode like SSBB's Subspace Emissary, and/or a "classic" mode. The option to unlock new monsters either by beating them in story mode or playing lots of versus matches (Challenger Approaching!)

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I would like to see a deep movie making game like Peter Molyneux' The Movies https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Movies where you start out in a small shack of a studio during the Showa era creating kaiju flicks for Toho with limited time and resources. With each finished movie you gain access to more special effects and the movies begin to look more advanced than the other until you reach the Heisei/Millennium era. And thats just campaign mode. Sandbox mode allows you to make and edit movies using all the cameras and special efx in the game including post production. Humans and kaiju can be created with a special engine which will allow you to morph their entire body and facials to look skinny to fat and from cute to vicious. An assortment of clothes and rubber suits to mix and match and customize to your liking. Create movies as it was made during the '50s to 2016. Add ons can be Ultraman franchise too.

After you have your actors and sets ready to film, you now write the script which is a ton of actions to choose from and placing in the timeline. You can chop and edit these actions to sequence with a different one to create original movements and cut scenes. When done you add the text for title and credits, burn to dvd and you made a 20 minute kaiju flick.

Actions are catergorized to the type of scene you working on, so if its monsters fighting, you go select fighting and there will appear a list of actions specialized in kaiju battle from biting to body slamming for each actor. As mentioned you can edit these actions and mix and match with other actions so original battles is possible. You can also select the type of fashion you want the kaiju to walk, eat, breathe and sleep. For humans, actions include walking, talking, driving and speed chases, military etc and all that human stuff we do and see.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

I wish Toho would license their Kaiju to Capcom or SNK for a Kaiju fighting game. That would be so tight.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Gotengo
Yojimbo

Post by Gotengo »

I hope the next game will have Keizer Ghidorah and Gotengo playable.
Godzilla PS4 Wishlist:
Keizer Ghidorah #1
Gotengo
M.O.G.U.E.R.A.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Before I start here's the control scheme, using the PS layout, that I would like in the game.

Left Stick - Movement (Walk/Run/Fly/Burrow)
Right Stick - Manual camera control / aim breath attack if in use
X - Jump / get up / ascend (If flying, has to be held, has a usage timer limit)
Square - Punch attack / light throw
Triangle - Kick attack/ heavy throw
Circle - Tail / drill / hook / horn attack / special throw
R1 - Breath attack (Hold to charge, tap for special 'burst' breath attack, such as a fireball for Godzilla)
R2 - Special ability (Dependent upon monster: fly for King Ghidorah, Burrow for Baragon, equip weapons pack for Kiryu, etc)
L1 - Block (Tap to grab a building or kaiju)
L2 - Crouch
L2 + R2 - Ultimate attack (If available, such as Godzilla's Red Spiral Ray)
L1 + Right Stick - Dodge/Roll in the direction the stick is pushed. Push towards an incoming physical attack the moment it hits to parry it.
Select - Roar (Refills one bar of the energy meter if pulled off without being hit)

Playable kaiju/mechas:
Earth Defenders - Godzilla; Millenium Godzilla, Final Godzilla, Legendary Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Baragon, King Ceasar, Varan, Zilla Jr
GDF - Kiryu; MechaGodzilla 2, Jet Jaguar, Mecha King Ghidorah, Moguera
Mutants - Shin Godzilla; Space Godzilla, Male M.U.T.O, Female M.U.T.O, Obsidious, Krystalak, Biollante, Destroyah, Megaguirus, Battra, Hedorah, Titanosaurus, Bagan
Aliens - Showa Gigan; Final Gigan, King Ghidorah, Megalon, Orga, MechaGodzilla, Monster X/Keiser Ghidorah
('Guests' I know would probably never get in but would love to see: Arstron (ED), Ultra Man (ED or GDF), Mothra Leo (ED), Cyber-Zilla (Aliens) and Gamera (ED))

Gameplay:
A 3D arena fighting game heavily akin to the Vortaak trilogy games but with a few new mechanics, for example you can now dodge and parry physical attacks like you can in a game like Metal Gear Rising. You got your health and energy meters as normal, as well as ammo for attacks like Kiryu's missiles and stamina for the use of abilities such as burrowing, high flying and also for how much you can block attacks without having your guard broken. You can fight in 1v1 battles or anything up to 4 players/computers at once, maybe even up to 6 monsters in a battle online. Each monster has their own stats; combos, special moves, strengths and weaknesses (Even all the Godzillas are different from one another in one way or another). Buildings are also fully destructible. You can even pick up some and throw them at enemies, or get something like a harbour crane and use it like a club.

Game modes:
Arcade - Fight through 8 stages against the computer.
Versus - Fight against the computer or other players locally.
Online - Fight against other players online.
Survival - Fight until you lose or defeat the entire cast
Destruction - Destroy an arena to earn more points then the computer or another player (can be played online).
Mini-Games: Select a kaiju and play against the computer or other players in side games like boulder basketball or tag, etc.
Practice: Learn the basics of the game or how to play a certain monster (If they're unlocked) effectively.

Also all monsters would have unlockable skins, like 54 Godzilla for Godzilla; SNES Bagan for Bagan, Kiryu Saga Godzilla for Millennium, etc. Basically all of their different era designs if they're not already a separate character. Some could even be based upon toy variations, like Legendary Godzilla with blue dorsal plates. You'd buy these, along with other kaiju, stages and maybe some goodies like concept art from an in-game store using points you earn from winning matches and mini-games/challenges.

A story mode would be nice but not necessary.

I posted that in the Your Dream Godzilla Game Thread, fits here as well.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Having just watched Son of Godzilla again, I suddenly realized how awesome it would be to have Sollgel Island a selectable stage in a Godzilla game with the experiments going on and the environment changing every minute or so.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I would do mine with human and monster gameplay
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos