Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Post Reply
User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Living Corpse »

Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

Now should it be first or third person, I dunno. I know Japan isn't big on first person shooters.
Image

User avatar
skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: Bastrop, TX
Contact:

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

Meh, I'm down for another Pipeworks fighter, just as long as it avoids the horrid Wii mechanics.

@Living Corpse, love your user avatar btw.
Image
Last edited by skuzzy-punk-kid on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4184
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Living Corpse wrote:Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

Now should it be first or third person, I dunno. I know Japan isn't big on first person shooters.
From this description, I think it could be a 2.5D bullet hell shooter.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Living Corpse »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

Now should it be first or third person, I dunno. I know Japan isn't big on first person shooters.
From this description, I think it could be a 2.5D bullet hell shooter.
Maybe over the shoulder shooter like the later Resident Evil & Hitman games.
Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 8248
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Gigantis »

A game that acts as a sequel to Shin Godzilla, where you shoot down those goj-humanoids Resident Evil style!
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
Voyager
Futurian
Posts: 3260
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Deutsche UNGCC HQ

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Voyager »

I want an online multiplayer open-world Godzilla game. The map is the entire planet. You can go around destroying cities, fighting other players, or fighting the military. As you do those things, you gain a currency, maybe G cells. And to buy other monsters you use that currency. But not all monsters could be unlocked that way. E.g. Showa King Ghidorah. To unlock him, you would need a character that can go into space, and fly to venus. There, he would be like an NPC boss, and when you defeat him you will unlock him.

Pretty much every kaiju ever will be playable with different skins, like LP Godzilla could have a '14 and a '19 skin and Showa G could have a '62 and a '75 skin.

I'm thinking it should have a single-player campaign too, but I don't know the details yet. Any suggestions for my game in general?
[Tierkiller-Panzer] [Mechagodzilla]
Image
“We fight today so you can see tomorrow”

User avatar
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2297
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by UltimateDitto »

A first person shooter where you can play as an Earthling or one of the many alien races in Godzilla, something similar to star wars battlefront. Large scale battles where you could eventually summon Godzilla and co.

There's plenty of military vehicles and weapons that would be cool to use.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Keizer
Posts: 8248
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Gigantis »

UltimateDitto wrote:A first person shooter where you can play as an Earthling or one of the many alien races in Godzilla, something similar to star wars battlefront. Large scale battles where you could eventually summon Godzilla and co.

There's plenty of military vehicles and weapons that would be cool to use.
So that sequel to Monsters of Monsters meets Battlefield? Sounds neat!
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5145
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I've remember rumors that a game was in devolpement like that for the Monsterverse, so you might be lucky, Ditto.
Image

They could talk to each other?

To a degree we never imagined......

User avatar
Jacaijuzilladeava
Ronin
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Make you own Godzilla Fangame

Post by Jacaijuzilladeava »

Here's mine:

Backstory
An alien 'businessman' comes to Earth and successfully repels a kaiju attack on Tokyo. Speaking later to the government, he states that he wishes to 'purchase' Earth's numerous kaiju in exchange for giving humanity advanced technology (examples including a way to repair the ozone, cures for all diseases, anti-gravity, hyperdrive/warp-drive technology, etc.). He explains that he will sell them to an interplanetary fighting arena, as 'monster battles' are currently big and popular on worlds beyond Earth - with big money paid for more dangerous monsters. In terms of the alien's personality, he would come across as friendly, charming, upbeat and even a bit of a joker while pushing his perspective and playing up our potential as a species - which he states is been squandered as we waste so much time, money and resources that we could use for better things, instead by trying to keep Earth's various monsters at bay.

After a meeting with the UN, it's decided (despite some opposition both minor and serious from various groups) to allow the alien to purchase and take almost all of the monsters - with Mothra being one of the few left behind due to being granted amnesty for her help saving humanity in the past. Similar to Monster Zero and Final Wars, the alien finds and beams all the remaining monsters - including Godzilla - onto his ship and gives humanity the technology he promised before taking the monsters away to the arena (which is located in a massive space station outside the Solar System). The monsters are forced to battle with kaiju from other worlds and each other for the entertainment of the various spectators in arenas that can change to resemble various environments and cities.

Unbeknown to humanity (despite some suspicions), the alien was contracted for his services by a hostile alien race who wanted Earth for themselves but didn't invade beforehand due to their own monsters being outnumbered. With Earth's monsters now out of the way, they begin their invasion. Another family of aliens on Earth, however, are the Zone Family; refugees who came to Earth when their homeworld was destroyed. Not wanting to see their new home meet the same fate and with the alien's forces outnumbering them, they - along with Mothra and many soldiers/weapons from the EDF - head out into space to rescue Godzilla and Earth's defenders to bring them home, while Godzilla and Earth's monsters begin their own escape as some of the aliens seek Godzilla's DNA to create new monsters that will be even more deadly...

As such, the game will go back and forth between Earth and Space, showing the monsters in the arenas battling each other and the mechas battling the alien monsters on Earth while Mothra, Zone Fighter and Earth's Forces head out to find and rescue them before bringing them back for the final battle. The aliens who want to take over Earth will use a mix of advanced technology and 'magic' and have a more creepy design than previous alien invaders.


Main Kaiju (By default):
Godzilla • Anguirus • Rodan • Mothra • Frankenstein • Baragon • Manda • Varan • Ebirah • Gorosaurus • Gezora • Hedorah • Gigan • Megalon • Jet Jaguar • Mecha-godzilla • King Caesar • Titanosaurus • Gabara • Biollante • Battra • Godzilla Jr. • Kamacuras • Kumonga • M.O.G.U.E.R.A. • Space Godzilla • Destroyah • Zilla • Orga • Megaguirus • Kiryu • Obsidius • Krystalak • Monster X • King Ghidorah


Kaiju you unlock as the story progresses:
King Kong • MechaniKong • Gigamoth • Orochi • Ikusagami • Barugaron • Shiigan • Vagnosaurus • Jyarumu • Balkzardan • Axor • Minilla • Gaira • Sanda • Godzuki • Matango • Ookondoru • Zone Fighter • Ganimes • Desghidorah • Raiga • Dagarla • Razin • Bagorah • C-Rex • El Gusano • Kamoebas • Komodithrax • Ghost Godzilla • Mecha King Ghidorah • Bagan • Godman • Greenman• Crackler •Guilala • Hokmuto • Femuto • Ramarak • Nemesis • Wolfman • Deminos • Cyber Zilla • Gamera



Fighting Styles


-All Round(Kong/Godzilla/Ghidorah's main incarnations style):everything is balanced and can grow to be the strongest being and evolve, but leveling up is slower than other monsters(All kinds of mobility, attack and body)


-Speed(Megaguirus,Rodan,Zilla):faster than all monsters and very agile, isn't that strong or resistant but can be tough to take down by just charging at them(Lighter Bodies, fastest mobility and attack, beams are fast and does a considerable amount of damage)


-Brutes(Obsidius,Biollante,Femuto):trades speed and mobility for power and endurance, but lacks range and sometimes brains, can sustain heavy amounts of damage and easily destroy objects or use them as weapons(Heavy bodies only,mostly ground based movement and powerful physical attacks)


-Assault(MGs,M.O.G.U.E.R.A, Megalon):You may not be the best at melee, but your firepower and endurance makes you worth of a good fight, making all your weapons fire a destructive rain of power at once...before you run out of energy(Heavy or Balanced bodies, low regular Melee and beat beam weapons, varied mobility)

The Enemies

Like many games this one will have plenty of enemies as you go through all the levels, rather it'd be story mode or DLC

The alien enemies you’d encounter in the tournament are:

Strid- Astral beings of blue light, can phase through walls can create, shape and manipulate energy and matter. They kinda resemble the stereotypical ghost but on major alien steroids.

Ghurkrans- Demonic humanoids equipped with heavy armour and muscle, they can light up their horns and run you over with them.

At'ats- Draconic serpents that come in three types; red ones spits fire, purple ones spits acid while the white one spits balls of energy.

Scrocon- Giant alien birds with eight eyes, comes in large packs and has an alpha male or female.

Fis'en- Angry semi-humanoid behemoths with a head that slightly resembles a hammerhead shark, their long arms and sonic screams can pack a punch, and one stomp from their legs can cause an earthquake.

Belgru- Yellow or green slimes that can shapeshift, aren't as deadly as the rest but can be if they turn into a larger kaiju.

Oche- Massive pillars of flesh and mandibles, they can absorb your life force if too close.

Dhohni- Giant earwig-esque creatures that can protrude a giant gnarled “hand” from their mandibles, can also fly and can spawn parasites from its pincer.

Lainkrik- Creatures that resemble a cross between a clam, and an octopus, can make you stuck if you step on them.

Vruzuk- Perhaps the most dangerous kaiju of the bunch, it is an necronic abomination that can infect your kaiju, draining your health AND stamina, and can even infect others with the virus (Picture a zombie apocalypse but kaiju.) It can bring the dead bodies of its or your enemies back to life with ease.



Terror beasts are the leaders of the Kaiju swarm, there just like them but leagues stronger, smarter, faster and agile, these include but not limited too:

Spider Uros
Shadorah
Jipudoro
Gigan
Barakidon
Garoborg
Detragon
Zandolla
Mogranda
Balgaras
Gundarguirus
Goram
Super Jellar
Super Jikiro
Bakugon
Needlar
Kabutojira
Grotogauros

All of whom are mini bosses


Bosses

Godzilla and friends campaign:
Kroller
Triax
Rhiahn
Gigan
Beta Beast
Gravity Goliath
Shiigan
Razin
Matango
Gandora
The Champion



EDF campaign:
Ghidorah
Megalon
Orga
Hedorah
Mechagodzilla
Bagorah
Dagera
Megavolt Monsters
Biollante
Destroyah
C-rex
El Gusano
Cyberzilla
Crackler
Prometheus
Specter


Rescue campaign:
Megaguirus
Axor
Deminos
Desghidorah
Balkzardan
Baruganon
Vagnosaurus
Apex
Dagora
Breeder Beast
Time Dragon
Guilala



Final Battle:
Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah
Spacegodzilla


Secret bosses:
Bagan
Orochi
Jinshi mushi
Gaw
Wolfman
Bio Ghidorah
Gamera
Magita
King Kong
Kamen Rider
Yongary
Palgasuri
Raiga
Ghost Godzilla

User avatar
Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Showa Gojira »

Image

A Side scrolling, arcade style beat em up that supports up to four players and features a host of Kaiju from the Godzilla, Ultraman, and Gamera franchises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ezPiiq_CE

If I was going to make one besides that it would be a four player fighting game that played like a combination of the first two Pipeworks game and the Ultraman Fighting Evolution series. I would also love to make a sequel to Godzilla Monster of Monsters called "Godzilla: Destroy All Daikaiju". :D
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.
Image

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

mikelcho
G-Grasper
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Make you own Godzilla Fangame

Post by mikelcho »

Jacaijuzilladeava wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 pm Here's mine:

Backstory
An alien 'businessman' comes to Earth and successfully repels a kaiju attack on Tokyo. Speaking later to the government, he states that he wishes to 'purchase' Earth's numerous kaiju in exchange for giving humanity advanced technology (examples including a way to repair the ozone, cures for all diseases, anti-gravity, hyperdrive/warp-drive technology, etc.). He explains that he will sell them to an interplanetary fighting arena, as 'monster battles' are currently big and popular on worlds beyond Earth - with big money paid for more dangerous monsters. In terms of the alien's personality, he would come across as friendly, charming, upbeat and even a bit of a joker while pushing his perspective and playing up our potential as a species - which he states is been squandered as we waste so much time, money and resources that we could use for better things, instead by trying to keep Earth's various monsters at bay.

After a meeting with the UN, it's decided (despite some opposition both minor and serious from various groups) to allow the alien to purchase and take almost all of the monsters - with Mothra being one of the few left behind due to being granted amnesty for her help saving humanity in the past. Similar to Monster Zero and Final Wars, the alien finds and beams all the remaining monsters - including Godzilla - onto his ship and gives humanity the technology he promised before taking the monsters away to the arena (which is located in a massive space station outside the Solar System). The monsters are forced to battle with kaiju from other worlds and each other for the entertainment of the various spectators in arenas that can change to resemble various environments and cities.

Unbeknown to humanity (despite some suspicions), the alien was contracted for his services by a hostile alien race who wanted Earth for themselves but didn't invade beforehand due to their own monsters being outnumbered. With Earth's monsters now out of the way, they begin their invasion. Another family of aliens on Earth, however, are the Zone Family; refugees who came to Earth when their homeworld was destroyed. Not wanting to see their new home meet the same fate and with the alien's forces outnumbering them, they - along with Mothra and many soldiers/weapons from the EDF - head out into space to rescue Godzilla and Earth's defenders to bring them home, while Godzilla and Earth's monsters begin their own escape as some of the aliens seek Godzilla's DNA to create new monsters that will be even more deadly...

As such, the game will go back and forth between Earth and Space, showing the monsters in the arenas battling each other and the mechas battling the alien monsters on Earth while Mothra, Zone Fighter and Earth's Forces head out to find and rescue them before bringing them back for the final battle. The aliens who want to take over Earth will use a mix of advanced technology and 'magic' and have a more creepy design than previous alien invaders.


Main Kaiju (By default):
Godzilla • Anguirus • Rodan • Mothra • Frankenstein • Baragon • Manda • Varan • Ebirah • Gorosaurus • Gezora • Hedorah • Gigan • Megalon • Jet Jaguar • Mecha-godzilla • King Caesar • Titanosaurus • Gabara • Biollante • Battra • Godzilla Jr. • Kamacuras • Kumonga • M.O.G.U.E.R.A. • Space Godzilla • Destroyah • Zilla • Orga • Megaguirus • Kiryu • Obsidius • Krystalak • Monster X • King Ghidorah


Kaiju you unlock as the story progresses:
King Kong • MechaniKong • Gigamoth • Orochi • Ikusagami • Barugaron • Shiigan • Vagnosaurus • Jyarumu • Balkzardan • Axor • Minilla • Gaira • Sanda • Godzuki • Matango • Ookondoru • Zone Fighter • Ganimes • Desghidorah • Raiga • Dagarla • Razin • Bagorah • C-Rex • El Gusano • Kamoebas • Komodithrax • Ghost Godzilla • Mecha King Ghidorah • Bagan • Godman • Greenman• Crackler •Guilala • Hokmuto • Femuto • Ramarak • Nemesis • Wolfman • Deminos • Cyber Zilla • Gamera



Fighting Styles


-All Round(Kong/Godzilla/Ghidorah's main incarnations style):everything is balanced and can grow to be the strongest being and evolve, but leveling up is slower than other monsters(All kinds of mobility, attack and body)


-Speed(Megaguirus,Rodan,Zilla):faster than all monsters and very agile, isn't that strong or resistant but can be tough to take down by just charging at them(Lighter Bodies, fastest mobility and attack, beams are fast and does a considerable amount of damage)


-Brutes(Obsidius,Biollante,Femuto):trades speed and mobility for power and endurance, but lacks range and sometimes brains, can sustain heavy amounts of damage and easily destroy objects or use them as weapons(Heavy bodies only,mostly ground based movement and powerful physical attacks)


-Assault(MGs,M.O.G.U.E.R.A, Megalon):You may not be the best at melee, but your firepower and endurance makes you worth of a good fight, making all your weapons fire a destructive rain of power at once...before you run out of energy(Heavy or Balanced bodies, low regular Melee and beat beam weapons, varied mobility)

The Enemies

Like many games this one will have plenty of enemies as you go through all the levels, rather it'd be story mode or DLC

The alien enemies you’d encounter in the tournament are:

Strid- Astral beings of blue light, can phase through walls can create, shape and manipulate energy and matter. They kinda resemble the stereotypical ghost but on major alien steroids.

Ghurkrans- Demonic humanoids equipped with heavy armour and muscle, they can light up their horns and run you over with them.

At'ats- Draconic serpents that come in three types; red ones spits fire, purple ones spits acid while the white one spits balls of energy.

Scrocon- Giant alien birds with eight eyes, comes in large packs and has an alpha male or female.

Fis'en- Angry semi-humanoid behemoths with a head that slightly resembles a hammerhead shark, their long arms and sonic screams can pack a punch, and one stomp from their legs can cause an earthquake.

Belgru- Yellow or green slimes that can shapeshift, aren't as deadly as the rest but can be if they turn into a larger kaiju.

Oche- Massive pillars of flesh and mandibles, they can absorb your life force if too close.

Dhohni- Giant earwig-esque creatures that can protrude a giant gnarled “hand” from their mandibles, can also fly and can spawn parasites from its pincer.

Lainkrik- Creatures that resemble a cross between a clam, and an octopus, can make you stuck if you step on them.

Vruzuk- Perhaps the most dangerous kaiju of the bunch, it is an necronic abomination that can infect your kaiju, draining your health AND stamina, and can even infect others with the virus (Picture a zombie apocalypse but kaiju.) It can bring the dead bodies of its or your enemies back to life with ease.



Terror beasts are the leaders of the Kaiju swarm, there just like them but leagues stronger, smarter, faster and agile, these include but not limited too:

Spider Uros
Shadorah
Jipudoro
Gigan
Barakidon
Garoborg
Detragon
Zandolla
Mogranda
Balgaras
Gundarguirus
Goram
Super Jellar
Super Jikiro
Bakugon
Needlar
Kabutojira
Grotogauros

All of whom are mini bosses


Bosses

Godzilla and friends campaign:
Kroller
Triax
Rhiahn
Gigan
Beta Beast
Gravity Goliath
Shiigan
Razin
Matango
Gandora
The Champion



EDF campaign:
Ghidorah
Megalon
Orga
Hedorah
Mechagodzilla
Bagorah
Dagera
Megavolt Monsters
Biollante
Destroyah
C-rex
El Gusano
Cyberzilla
Crackler
Prometheus
Specter


Rescue campaign:
Megaguirus
Axor
Deminos
Desghidorah
Balkzardan
Baruganon
Vagnosaurus
Apex
Dagora
Breeder Beast
Time Dragon
Guilala



Final Battle:
Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah
Spacegodzilla


Secret bosses:
Bagan
Orochi
Jinshi mushi
Gaw
Wolfman
Bio Ghidorah
Gamera
Magita
King Kong
Kamen Rider
Yongary
Palgasuri
Raiga
Ghost Godzilla
Love this story! Just a few errors I'd like to point out:

*In the Godzilla and friends campaign, the first kaiju's name is Krollar.
*This one's a question: in the EDF and Rescue campaigns, is it supposed to be Dogora in both in them? If it is, it's spelled wrong both times.
*Isn't it supposed to be FeM.U.T.O.? (correct me if I'm wrong)
*In the EDF campaign, it's C-Rex.
*In the Vruzuk listing, I believe the word you're looking for is "necrotic".

User avatar
Jacaijuzilladeava
Ronin
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Re: Make you own Godzilla Fangame

Post by Jacaijuzilladeava »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 pm
Jacaijuzilladeava wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 pm Here's mine:

Backstory
An alien 'businessman' comes to Earth and successfully repels a kaiju attack on Tokyo. Speaking later to the government, he states that he wishes to 'purchase' Earth's numerous kaiju in exchange for giving humanity advanced technology (examples including a way to repair the ozone, cures for all diseases, anti-gravity, hyperdrive/warp-drive technology, etc.). He explains that he will sell them to an interplanetary fighting arena, as 'monster battles' are currently big and popular on worlds beyond Earth - with big money paid for more dangerous monsters. In terms of the alien's personality, he would come across as friendly, charming, upbeat and even a bit of a joker while pushing his perspective and playing up our potential as a species - which he states is been squandered as we waste so much time, money and resources that we could use for better things, instead by trying to keep Earth's various monsters at bay.

After a meeting with the UN, it's decided (despite some opposition both minor and serious from various groups) to allow the alien to purchase and take almost all of the monsters - with Mothra being one of the few left behind due to being granted amnesty for her help saving humanity in the past. Similar to Monster Zero and Final Wars, the alien finds and beams all the remaining monsters - including Godzilla - onto his ship and gives humanity the technology he promised before taking the monsters away to the arena (which is located in a massive space station outside the Solar System). The monsters are forced to battle with kaiju from other worlds and each other for the entertainment of the various spectators in arenas that can change to resemble various environments and cities.

Unbeknown to humanity (despite some suspicions), the alien was contracted for his services by a hostile alien race who wanted Earth for themselves but didn't invade beforehand due to their own monsters being outnumbered. With Earth's monsters now out of the way, they begin their invasion. Another family of aliens on Earth, however, are the Zone Family; refugees who came to Earth when their homeworld was destroyed. Not wanting to see their new home meet the same fate and with the alien's forces outnumbering them, they - along with Mothra and many soldiers/weapons from the EDF - head out into space to rescue Godzilla and Earth's defenders to bring them home, while Godzilla and Earth's monsters begin their own escape as some of the aliens seek Godzilla's DNA to create new monsters that will be even more deadly...

As such, the game will go back and forth between Earth and Space, showing the monsters in the arenas battling each other and the mechas battling the alien monsters on Earth while Mothra, Zone Fighter and Earth's Forces head out to find and rescue them before bringing them back for the final battle. The aliens who want to take over Earth will use a mix of advanced technology and 'magic' and have a more creepy design than previous alien invaders.


Main Kaiju (By default):
Godzilla • Anguirus • Rodan • Mothra • Frankenstein • Baragon • Manda • Varan • Ebirah • Gorosaurus • Gezora • Hedorah • Gigan • Megalon • Jet Jaguar • Mecha-godzilla • King Caesar • Titanosaurus • Gabara • Biollante • Battra • Godzilla Jr. • Kamacuras • Kumonga • M.O.G.U.E.R.A. • Space Godzilla • Destroyah • Zilla • Orga • Megaguirus • Kiryu • Obsidius • Krystalak • Monster X • King Ghidorah


Kaiju you unlock as the story progresses:
King Kong • MechaniKong • Gigamoth • Orochi • Ikusagami • Barugaron • Shiigan • Vagnosaurus • Jyarumu • Balkzardan • Axor • Minilla • Gaira • Sanda • Godzuki • Matango • Ookondoru • Zone Fighter • Ganimes • Desghidorah • Raiga • Dagarla • Razin • Bagorah • C-Rex • El Gusano • Kamoebas • Komodithrax • Ghost Godzilla • Mecha King Ghidorah • Bagan • Godman • Greenman• Crackler •Guilala • Hokmuto • Femuto • Ramarak • Nemesis • Wolfman • Deminos • Cyber Zilla • Gamera



Fighting Styles


-All Round(Kong/Godzilla/Ghidorah's main incarnations style):everything is balanced and can grow to be the strongest being and evolve, but leveling up is slower than other monsters(All kinds of mobility, attack and body)


-Speed(Megaguirus,Rodan,Zilla):faster than all monsters and very agile, isn't that strong or resistant but can be tough to take down by just charging at them(Lighter Bodies, fastest mobility and attack, beams are fast and does a considerable amount of damage)


-Brutes(Obsidius,Biollante,Femuto):trades speed and mobility for power and endurance, but lacks range and sometimes brains, can sustain heavy amounts of damage and easily destroy objects or use them as weapons(Heavy bodies only,mostly ground based movement and powerful physical attacks)


-Assault(MGs,M.O.G.U.E.R.A, Megalon):You may not be the best at melee, but your firepower and endurance makes you worth of a good fight, making all your weapons fire a destructive rain of power at once...before you run out of energy(Heavy or Balanced bodies, low regular Melee and beat beam weapons, varied mobility)

The Enemies

Like many games this one will have plenty of enemies as you go through all the levels, rather it'd be story mode or DLC

The alien enemies you’d encounter in the tournament are:

Strid- Astral beings of blue light, can phase through walls can create, shape and manipulate energy and matter. They kinda resemble the stereotypical ghost but on major alien steroids.

Ghurkrans- Demonic humanoids equipped with heavy armour and muscle, they can light up their horns and run you over with them.

At'ats- Draconic serpents that come in three types; red ones spits fire, purple ones spits acid while the white one spits balls of energy.

Scrocon- Giant alien birds with eight eyes, comes in large packs and has an alpha male or female.

Fis'en- Angry semi-humanoid behemoths with a head that slightly resembles a hammerhead shark, their long arms and sonic screams can pack a punch, and one stomp from their legs can cause an earthquake.

Belgru- Yellow or green slimes that can shapeshift, aren't as deadly as the rest but can be if they turn into a larger kaiju.

Oche- Massive pillars of flesh and mandibles, they can absorb your life force if too close.

Dhohni- Giant earwig-esque creatures that can protrude a giant gnarled “hand” from their mandibles, can also fly and can spawn parasites from its pincer.

Lainkrik- Creatures that resemble a cross between a clam, and an octopus, can make you stuck if you step on them.

Vruzuk- Perhaps the most dangerous kaiju of the bunch, it is an necronic abomination that can infect your kaiju, draining your health AND stamina, and can even infect others with the virus (Picture a zombie apocalypse but kaiju.) It can bring the dead bodies of its or your enemies back to life with ease.



Terror beasts are the leaders of the Kaiju swarm, there just like them but leagues stronger, smarter, faster and agile, these include but not limited too:

Spider Uros
Shadorah
Jipudoro
Gigan
Barakidon
Garoborg
Detragon
Zandolla
Mogranda
Balgaras
Gundarguirus
Goram
Super Jellar
Super Jikiro
Bakugon
Needlar
Kabutojira
Grotogauros

All of whom are mini bosses


Bosses

Godzilla and friends campaign:
Kroller
Triax
Rhiahn
Gigan
Beta Beast
Gravity Goliath
Shiigan
Razin
Matango
Gandora
The Champion



EDF campaign:
Ghidorah
Megalon
Orga
Hedorah
Mechagodzilla
Bagorah
Dagera
Megavolt Monsters
Biollante
Destroyah
C-rex
El Gusano
Cyberzilla
Crackler
Prometheus
Specter


Rescue campaign:
Megaguirus
Axor
Deminos
Desghidorah
Balkzardan
Baruganon
Vagnosaurus
Apex
Dagora
Breeder Beast
Time Dragon
Guilala



Final Battle:
Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah
Spacegodzilla


Secret bosses:
Bagan
Orochi
Jinshi mushi
Gaw
Wolfman
Bio Ghidorah
Gamera
Magita
King Kong
Kamen Rider
Yongary
Palgasuri
Raiga
Ghost Godzilla
Love this story! Just a few errors I'd like to point out:

*In the Godzilla and friends campaign, the first kaiju's name is Krollar.
*This one's a question: in the EDF and Rescue campaigns, is it supposed to be Dogora in both in them? If it is, it's spelled wrong both times.
*Isn't it supposed to be FeM.U.T.O.? (correct me if I'm wrong)
*In the EDF campaign, it's C-Rex.
*In the Vruzuk listing, I believe the word you're looking for is "necrotic".

For the second part no, its supposed to be Dagera, the kaiju that eats pollution.
But yeah, I understand the rest of your points.

User avatar
Jacaijuzilladeava
Ronin
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by Jacaijuzilladeava »

But for the muto, it can be pronounced femuto or feM.U.T.O.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5145
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:32 am snip
Jacaijuzilladeava wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 pm snip
These ideas are utterly incredible, first off. I want both of them to exist very much now.

Anyway, I've been writing up my own idea for a while now so here's my details.

The game is basically HEAVILY influenced by Insomniac's Spider-Man, in that it's basically it's own take on the mythos and character with tons of nods and unlockables. The game is open world, with the ability to traverse though the general Pacific/Tokyo area at freewill. The other main thing is the game would be split into two different player styles.

Godzilla/Kaiju:

Godzilla would be in a third person POV and would allow you to rampage and act like....Godzilla, basically. Think the PS4 game but more refined with stuff like blocking and moving faster then a glacier. Two unique features I had were the "Perception Meter" and a skill tree. The skill tree would, again, be heavily influenced by Spider-Man, where you have three main branches you can unlock upgrades for specific areas. In this case, Melee (which would be new physical attacks and defensive moves), Regeneration (which would be health updates and could have unique features like a move where you could heal by roaring and weaken other foes), and Atomic which is obvious I'd think. The "Perception Meter" would be based off a scrapped idea from the PS4 game in which the way you play influences public reaction. Namely, if you play it like a Showa hero and focus your efforts on attacking other kaiju and only destroying buildings needed to progress in missions (something like "destroy this radio tower"), your perception is hero and you'll have little to no military reaction, vs destroying everything in sight in which case you're a menace which gets attacked simply for being there.

The main game would mainly just be Godzilla (with one exception, which I'll get into later), but eventually after playing you can unlock/added in an update, would be a arcade style mode where you could play as other monsters to destroy cities and fight AI/player kaiju. Also, the kaiju would generally be in their own unique visual style but there would be the option for costumes, which again, I'll get into later.

Human:

Yes, similar to Peter Jackson's Kong video game adaption, you would also spend part of the story as a human solider trying to survive. These sections would be in first person and involve you running around saving civilians, avoiding debris and fighting smaller monsters like Meganulon and Juvenile Destoryahs (again, similar to PJKK game, in which it's a survival horror where you have to distract them and kill them with limited ammo vs just gunning them down like Call of Duty: Kaiju). There would be two exceptions to this rule: vehicles and cutscenes. Cutscenes are obvious but the other is vehicles. Occasionally, you would have the option to climb in/call in a certain weapon you would then be transported into like a jet or tank or as the game progresses, something more advanced like a Maser or even a mecha. These would then work similar to the Godzilla sections, only with a more specific task like "use the Maser to drive off Baragon".

Mock controls I came up with, using an Xbox controller as an example (I imagine it would be multiconsole but still)

Godzilla
- Charge: Bumpers
- Attack: X
- Beam: power it up with Y, hold down trigger and use right stick to aim
- Block: B
- Roar: A
- Tail Swipe: X, Bumper
- Nuclear Pulse: Y
- Move: Left Stick
- Headbutt: Charge, X
- Grab: tap right stick
- Bite: Grab, X

Human
Human soldier
- Move: left stick
- Aim: right stick
- Sniper mode: left trigger
- fire: right trigger
- Run: hold left stick

Vehicle I still am working out, but it would be basically the same but with more unique stuff (x, a and b would be different beam settings or grenades for example)

Story:

The game would begin with a short prologue/tutorial where you play as a Japanese soldier on Lagos Island, fighting against American troops and using tanks against the onslaught before the arrival of Godzillasaurus. After driving them off as Godzillasaurus, your soldier would be airlifted out, seguing into the second half: a double experience of the first Godzilla's attack on Tokyo, both as the monster burning down the city and the soldier desperately trying to save his family to no avail....

The game would then timecut to an alternate 1990s. Mankind has advanced rapidly, namely due to the discovery of new technology on the moon, and has dealt with an increasing onslaught of new kaiju relatively easy, both by incacpaciting them and containing some on Monster Island, all under the command of the soldier from the prologue, now the Commander of the UN sanctioned Kaiju Defense Force. Our main character would be a customizable recruit who joins up right around the time a second Godzilla shows up. The story would progress between both human and Godzilla, both having missions ranging from Godzilla attacking nuclear plants to the recruit fighting off monsters. One mission I did plan out would be one in which Godzilla breaks into Monster Island, marching across it and fighting swarms of smaller kaiju like Zilla and Kamacuras and having boss fights against Anguirus, Kumonga and Rodan.

Eventually, things would end up happening suggesting not everything is as it seems. Godzilla would attack a base and uncover Biollante in another boss fight, more kaiju would appear, and the recruit and a scientist character they've been bonding with (who has been pro-kaiju) would eventually find the larval Mothra after following leads on ancient civilizations and other kaiju, but despite her noted peaceful nature but still be attacked by the military just the same. Eventually, it would be revealed the commander is mad and is intentionally planning on controlling Tokyo to "forever" protect it against Godzilla, using a signal to summon kaiju for the slaughter, as well as making more to weaken the county and then locking it up under a dictatorship, one a large portion of the KDF would support. Our recruit, the scientists and a prominent group of dissenters would fight against this, resulting in the commander pulling out his trump card: Mechagodzilla. Godzilla would arrive and be trounced by his doppelganger, leading to recruit missions fighting it during the evacuation of Tokuo and the only non Godzilla kaiju mission in the main story; taking control of the now imago Mothra to fight off Mechagodzilla.

Eventually, Godzilla would be revived and defeat Mechagodzilla, killing the commander in the process and would cooly leave humanity. Our heroic remnants of the KDF would then rebuild, intending to understand the world of kaiju instead of arrogantly controlling it with our recruit becoming the new head, prepared but not openly warring. The game would then end with a credits cut scene, in which a astronomical outpost suddenly sends a missed email to the headquaters, discussing a unseen mass...no MULTIPLE unseen masses approaching the planet, before ending on an audio clip they send of an all too familiar cackle..... (setting up a sequel I might write lol)

I've also kicked around getting a different ending based on Godzilla's perception but so far, all I have is that in that ending, you have an optional Mothra boss fight.

Unlockables/secrets:

So, as mentioned, there would be many unlockables thought the game, both for the KDF and Godzilla. Stuff like ancient ruins as part of the Mothra subplot you can collect, kaiju files, finding locations on the map, and the big one: unlockable costumes. There would be a few classic for the recruit (Xillien, AMF, G-Force, etc) but I know you're all here for the Godzilla stuff so

Unlockable Godzilla skins:

Max out Melee skill tree: 1975
Max out Regeneration skill tree: 2000
Max out Atomic skill tree: Burning 1995
Beat Super X: 1984
Beat Rodan: 1964
Beat Mechagodzilla: 2002
Complete a mission without destroying any non-mission buildings: 1971
Destroy everything in a mission area: 2001
Pre-order*/fight Ebirah: 1966
Pre-order/*fight Mothra: 1992
Pre-order*/unlock Spiral Ray: 2004
100% the game: Shin

*= in my mind, preorders would work like the preorder suits for Spider-Man: they're not exclusive, as they're in the game, it's just they're harder to unlock so you get them instantly.

But that's not all! There would also be secret areas on the map and tasks which when found, would add new unlockables. Again, I only have the Godzilla based ones but

- Tokyo Bay: 1954
- Traveling far enough though the Pacific ocean as Godzilla will lead to you finding a fog covered island with shallow enough ground to stand. Standing on a sandbank, you must roar which will result in a echoing roar from the island answering back. This results in the achivement "Not The Only King...." and the unlocking of the 1962 skin.
- Mount Mihara: 1989
- Fukuoka: 1994
- Find all secrets: Godzilla Earth

Kaiju/Military Vehicles:

Skins would be for the Arcade mode where the kaiju are playable, and would either be there at start, unlocked in game, or DLC.

Vehicles:

- Maser Tank
- Super X
- Super X2
- Super X3
- Griffon
- Gotengo
- Land Moguera
- MOGUERA ( 1957 skin)
- Jet Jaguar (Singular Point and 1973 skin)

Kaiju:

Mothra (1961, 1996, 2001, 2004)
Anguirus (1955, 1971, GVA concept, 2004)
Rodan (1956, 1964, 1993, 2004)
Baragon (1965, 2001)
Varan (1958, NES, GVA concept)
Gorosaurus (1967)
Manda (1968, 2004)
Zilla
Megaguirus and Meganulon (1956 skin/1956 styled)
Kamacuras (1967, 2004)
Kumonga (1967, 2004)
Destoroyah (Bagan, Ohrai)
Gabara (1969 and Singular Point)
Titanosaurus (1975 and Singular Point)
Megalon (1973)
Biollante (Rose, Concept Art)
Maguma
Hedorah (1971, 2004, Deathla)
Mechagodzilla (Fake Godzilla, 1975, 1993, Ohari, 2002, Anime)
King Caesar (unlockable in Arcade, 1974 and 2004)

Also, there'd be a few DLCS but so far all I have is skin packs for the missing Godzillas and

Monsterverse Pack (Godzilla 2014, Godzilla 2019, Rodan 2019, Mothra 2019, Behemoth, MUTO (Female, Male, "Barb"/Queen, Prime), Methesulah skin for Anguirus, Warbat skin for Manda, Scylla skin for Kumonga,
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla 2021
)

Kong pack (King Kong (1933, 1962, 1967, 2021), Mechanni-Kong, Giant Sea Serpant skin for Manda, Skullcrawler (2017, 2021, 1933 inspiration), Carnosaur skin for Gorosaurus)

The sequel would of course involve aliens and have more characters like King Ghidorah, Gigan, and so on
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

They could talk to each other?

To a degree we never imagined......

Post Reply