Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
UltramanGoji

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gimme the environments, building physics, sound design, and models of the PS4 game with Mortal Kombat-like engine and that'd satisfy me.

I don't mind an open-space fighter, but you've got to make it work and the last time it did was with GSTE.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I want a open world game, with an engaging story.

Have it be simple, Tokyo is under siege by multiple alien races, and it is blocked off and surrounded by the aliens. The only "good" kaiju that is in the city is Godzilla- all his friends such as Anguirus and Rodan are on Monster Island. A handful of Interpol Agents are in the city, and the player controls one agent and Godzilla.

Godzilla must battle an onslaught of alien weaponry and a few select villains. (Ex: King Ghidorah, Gigan) Maybe even have Titanosaurus. (Heck have "two" Titanosaurus's and have one be revealed to be Mechagodzilla is disguise).

Of course we can fill in the blanks :)

Edit: Holy skreeonk I didn't realize how similar this is to Batman: Arkham City
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?
Actually, that seems really obvious and probably the best idea beyond just a Kaiju fighting game. I was also actually thinking something similar to Fire Emblem.

You’d just have big maps, let’s say the size of a Japanese prefecture that has a few cities and some country side areas. You could control the military, and fight off at first things like basic weaker monsters, hordes of smaller monsters (Matango/Meganulon) or even weak aliens or some villainous humans group. You’d start out with basic units like tanks, jets and artillery, and would gradually get stronger weapons like Maser Cannons or even specialized weapons that do more damage depending on the enemy like the spike cannons from G2K or cryo tanks and beams from GVD.

Many different settings could be used, from cities, to the countryside to even the ocean where you’d need special units like submarines or battleships.

Usually at the end of each stage or campaign is a big boss monster, with things like Anguirus starting out first. You could have funds to purchase your military units, or you could invest in landscape traps, like the large electrical fences from early showa or the poison pit from KKVg. For an expensive price you could invest in a risky, but powerful one time or limited use super weapon like Oxygen Destroyer or Dimension Tide. Or, you could invest money (and in game time) to construct bigger and bigger Mecha you could unlock, like the Super X or Moguera and Mechagodzilla. You could use them for a few turns each game to fight monsters or do a good sweep of enemy forces. Maybe you could get alien tech and random drops from enemy plans to do something like upgrade MG2 into SMG.

Different level types could also have a strong monster like
Godzilla advance towards a city and you’re forced to either get rid of Godzilla (for that campaign) or basically stall or trap him before he reaches the city in order for cities to evacuate, or for things like KIryu to show up. Or use troops to lead monsters together to make them fight.

Different stages could also have secret unlockables. Like a level near the Okinawa beach from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla where you’re fight the aliens and MG. controlling the military and Godzilla. If you blow up the mountain, king ceased could be unearthed and be unlocked to join the fray.

In alternative game modes you could play as an alien faction trying to take over earth with monsters like Godzilla or Mothra defending it and fight off world militaries.

And of course, do to the releas of monster planet, you could have a special mode that’s similar to the films, where you’re trying to reclaim the earth and fight things like Servum.

TBH now that I’m saying this I realize how perfect this would be for an actual game.

Edit: Monster X way above me pretty much has the same idea.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Another staple of the RTS genre is the requirement of resources to both produce units and construct buildings. What would they be in a Godzilla RTS? I’m guessing that one would be Uranium.

In addition various characters from the film hero units from the game such as Miki Saegusa, M11 or Miss Namikawa.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I always wanted to do one of these! I've had a lot of Godzilla game ideas in the past, but I decided to post these because I was challenging to come up with something unique and do something different from the usual brawlers and smash-em ups we've gotten before (even though I still like those <|D )

Godzilla: Monster Assault Dynamic
  • -An action game told from the perspective of the JSDF/EDF/G-Force/etc. as they wage war against Godzilla and other kaiju.
    -Players would get to control the finest sci-fi military craft of the G-Force such as the jets, tanks, and some of the super-craft like the Gotengo or Super X’s, and even a mecha at some points!
    -Would have a strong, action-packed story centred on members of the G-Force as their conflict with the monsters—and sometimes each other—would explore militarism, technology, war, etc. I don’t have anything solid in mind, but I was thinking something like this:
    -It would focus on a team of G-Force recruits and their supervising officer as they come together as a team
    -Something causes kaiju all over the world to suddenly act up; maybe it’s a natural disaster, a controversial new energy source, or just a good ol’ alien invasion
    -The final battle would feature a shift in gameplay at the very end where—depending on the scenario—the player must cooperate with Godzilla to defeat the final boss (maybe something like Bagan or Keizer Ghidorah), or Godzilla IS the final boss and the player must help direct a superweapon designed to “destroy” Godzilla (like the finale of Godzilla vs Megaguirus)
    -The game would be a third-person blast em’ up with on-rails, fixed-point, and free-range sections. There would also be on-foot missions that focus on rescue or sabotage missions, and brawler-style missions for when you get to pilot a mecha.
    -The main idea behind this game would be to emphasize the exciting boss battles between tiny, plucky soldiers against the gigantic kaiju of Godzilla’s world, including the king himself!
    -Basically the concept of this game is: Godzilla 2 (NES) + Star Fox (various) + Platinum Games’ work + High Moon Studio’s Transformer games + a little bit of Cuphead
Godzilla: Onslaught
  • -A hack-and-slash 3D beat em’ up-style action game
    -Players would controls Godzillas and other kaiju from across the ages as they progress through the major cities of the world, destroying everything that stands in their way!
    -The story would be simple; probably something in the vein of Destroy All Monsters or Final Wars
    -The final boss would probably be a crazy powerful monster, maybe Bagan or even Shin-Godzilla! Other than that, anything goes.
    -To mix things up though, the story campaign could be randomly generated, affected by the monster you play as and destructive you are in gameplay.
    -E.g. You could basically play through a crazier version of the Toho kaiju filmography and end up with either Mothra as the destroyer of mankind, or Destoroyah as the savior of the planet.
    -The goal is make your way through the major cities of the world in a series of stages, smashing buildings and militaries along the way, make it to the kaiju attacking them and defeat them, then rinse and repeat until you have rampaged through every city and are the last monster standing!
    -In between every stage, there could be a minigame starring a human cast doing simple things to advance the plot. But in a fun way!
    -Puzzle games about researching kaiju DNA or assembling mecha or debating military strategies Phoenix Wright-style. (Yes, you read the last part correctly.)
    -Players can use every ability their kaiju possesses in combat and to progress (i.e. If you saw it in the movies, you could use it in the game.)
    -Obviously not every kaiju would be playable or even show up at all, but I’d like to include as many as I could. Particularly the best of the best.
    -I’d also like to bring back the idea of assist monsters monsters DAMM and STE, particularly with kaiju that might not play as well, such as Manda, Biollante’s Rose Form, Destoroyah and Hedorah’s early forms, Maguma, Kumonga; maybe have some JSDF vehicles you can call in too.
    -It should also have local multiplayer (4 players at least), and the ability to recruit monsters in the story so that you can use it in both campaign and casual (i.e. fighting or challenge) modes.
    -Would probably have a levelling-up system too, just because.
    -This is pretty much just an idea for improved version of similar games like Super Godzilla and Generations, with some stuff Super Smash Bros. and some action RPGs thrown in.

Godzilla: Monster Island Control
  • -A combination tycoon simulator and RTS game that puts the player in charge of running Monster Island itself!
    -The object of the game is to build monster island’s defences, secure as many kaiju as possible, keep them under control, and make sure nothing breaks into or out of the island.
    -The game’s money and the island’s funds are provided by the UN as a reward for keeping the kaiju under control. But there are conditions…
    -The more kaiju you have, the more money you get.
    -But, your resources are finite, so if you overspend on security, kaiju escape, or the island is seriously damaged, you lose funds.
    -Defences for the island will improve as the island’s facilities grow and you get more money for your efforts.
    -Said defences include everything from suspension wires to maser tanks and fighter jets. Eventually, you can even have mecha deployed!
    -To get kaiju, you can:
    -Wait until they are captured by the GDF and brought to you.
    -Set (huge) traps on the island, wait for them to come to you, and capture them.
    -Send out special forces to capture them for you.
    -Different kaiju will have different needs (e.g. Godzilla needs to be kept away from bright lights and nuclear materials)
    -Players will need to defend the island from attacking monsters, storms, and even the odd alien invasion.
    -If the right conditions are met, kaiju can be sent out to protect the world from other monsters and said alien invasions.
    -Players get a game over if all kaiju escape, the island loses funding, or the island is destroyed.
    -But if all kaiju are captured and rehabilitated (and/or released), they win!
And there you have it! I hope you like these. And if not, don't worry--I won't be making any deals with Toho any time soon! :P
P.S. This post is dedicated to Maritonic. Sorry for giving nightmares of a world dominated by match-3 games, man.
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

A RPG where you choose from various Godzilla characters to make a team and fight other monsters. Each has their own strengths and weakness. Basically, Godzilla: Kaiju Collection but fleshed out to explore the idea better and having a sort of plot. (Example: the Futrurians have returned to conquer Japan with an army of monsters and now, you have to bring together all of the Godzillas and their allies to fight them off).

Another idea I had isn't strictly Godzilla but this is the Toho Video Game thread. Anyway, I had the idea for a Pokémon style Ultraman game. The main character and many others would have the ability to control and catch kaiju, either through technology or that whole Reionic thing. After choosing your starter (I thought a cute nod would be to choose either Agria, Windam or Miclas from Dan Moroboshi), you would go fight and capture monsters to try and be the best. Same kind of Pokémon rules, some kaiju are stronger then other and there would be types. Villans would show up who you could defeat and there would of course be some legendary kaiju. However, the final idea I had would be a final legendary. At the end of the game, you would battle either Dan Moroboshi or Shin Hayata (depending on different versions if we go full Pokémon) , who would have teams consisting of classic Ultraman/Ultraseven kaiju. After beating them, they would reward you with the Beta Capsule or the Ultra Eye. This would allow you to summon Ultramen to battle alongside your team, within the time limit of Ultras of course.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My idea is a fighter based on the monsterverse with this Roster

1. Godzilla 2020
2. Kong 2020
3. Rodan 2019
4. Mothra 2019
5. Ghidorah 2019
6. Male Muto
7. Female Muto
8. Skull Crawler
Guess/secrete boss. Shin Godzilla

DLC
1. Gispy Danger

Stages would be based on the battles in every film and story mode would be based on the mosterverse ending with a secrete fight between Godzilla and Shin Godzilla.

Could be releases digital and with the small roster all characters could have very different movesets.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I'm not sure if anybody has had this idea before, but how about a Zone Fighter fighting game? It could have the controls of other fighting games like Destroy All Monsters Melee or Save The Earth and the story could just be the episodes of the show.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

HillyHulk wrote:I'm not sure if anybody has had this idea before, but how about a Zone Fighter fighting game? It could have the controls of other fighting games like Destroy All Monsters Melee or Save The Earth and the story could just be the episodes of the show.
I would love for there to be a ZF game, of any kind. If it did follow the episodes of the show it would be awesome to play as Godzilla, Gigan and KG.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

New Idea!

Have an RPG/Action/Strategy game based off of the NES game - Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!
- Start as Godzilla, with Mothra on the Team right after the tutorial.
- Find new allies & enemies along the way, make a Team of any 3 "hero" monsters. As you ally with them go through the different planets just like in G: M of M!
- If one of your monsters fall, he/she is out for the remainder of the planet you are currently on.
- Upon beating the game, you get the option to defend the conquered/occupied planets as the "villain" monsters.
- Godzilla's character gallery has vastly increased since G: M of M came out, this game would be huge right outta the box.
- Game would have excellent graphics, sound, and production value.
- Potential for other "planets/areas" & "kaiju" from other franchises (Pacific Rim, Gamera, Monsterverse, etc.) is Awesome!

Thoughts?
Last edited by Red-Death Gigan on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

SoggyNoodles2016

Red-Death Gigan wrote:New Idea!

Have an RPG/Action/Strategy game based off of the NES game - Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!
- Find new allies & enemies along the way, make a Team of any 3 "hero" monsters. As you ally with them go through the different planets just like in G: M of M!
- If one of your monsters fall, he/she is out for the remainder of the planet you are currently on.
- Upon beating the game, you get the option to defend the conquered/occupied planets as the "villain" monsters.
- Godzilla's character gallery has vastly increased since G: M of M came out, this game would be huge right outta the box.
- Potential for other "planets/areas" & "kaiju" from other franchises (Pacific Rim, Gamera, Monsterverse, etc.) is Awesome!

Thoughts?
Sounds interesting! Couple of questions, though.
Would it be 2d like Monsters of Monsters or 3D? Also, what roster did you have in mind?

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If King Kong is not put in a Godzilla game soon, I'm gonna be pissed since, you know, they got the rights to use him in the Monsterverse and it makes more sense now than ever before.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Thoughts?
Would it be 2d like Monsters of Monsters or 3D? Also, what roster did you have in mind?
I was thinking like 2.5D graphics.
The initial roster? No less than 8 "hero" Monsters, and at least as many "villain" monsters. Maybe something like this:

HERO Monsters
Godzilla 1955 Gigantis the Fire Monster (criminally under used) (Alt Skins: Godzilla Tokyo SOS & Godzilla 1975)
Mothra Millennium
Baragon GMK
Gorosaurus Showa
Anguirus Showa
King Seesar Showa
Fire Rodan Heisei
Super Mechagodzilla Heisei

VILLAIN Monsters
Mechagodzilla 1975
Gigan Millenium
Megalon Showa
King Ghidorah Showa (criminally under used)
MUTO Male & MUTO Female
Space Godzilla Heisei
Destoroyah Heisei
Megaguirus Millenium
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

SoggyNoodles2016

Red-Death Gigan wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Thoughts?
I was thinking like 2.5D graphics.
The initial roster? No less than 8 "hero" Monsters, and at least as many "villain" monsters. Maybe something like this:

HERO Monsters
Godzilla 1955 Gigantis the Fire Monster (criminally under used) (Alt Skins: Godzilla Tokyo SOS & Godzilla 1975)
Mothra Millennium
Baragon GMK
Gorosaurus Showa
Anguirus Showa
King Seesar Showa
Fire Rodan Heisei
Super Mechagodzilla Heisei

VILLAIN Monsters
Mechagodzilla 1975
Gigan Millenium
Megalon Showa
King Ghidorah Showa (criminally under used)
MUTO Male & MUTO Female
Space Godzilla Heisei
Destoroyah Heisei
Megaguirus Millenium
Nice choices, and I agree on the underused ones.

RIP Evan.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Re: Ebirah for the next game (playable) petition!

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Let's show the shrimp some appreciation and get him voted in guys!
I like the idea, but that means we have to let Zilla (cough tuna-face cough) in the game. Nobody wants an impersonator in a godzilla game.

Added in 8 minutes 55 seconds:
Zilla103192 wrote:just dont let pipeworks get ahold of him as a playable character!! we will have a water spitting lobster!
At least, he WILL spit something. Anguirus is vulnerable to beams and loses the game easily.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:
Red-Death Gigan wrote:Let's show the shrimp some appreciation and get him voted in guys!
I like the idea, but that means we have to let Zilla (cough tuna-face cough) in the game. Nobody wants an impersonator in a godzilla game.
Would love '98 Godzilla in a Godzilla game. Especially if it's a fighting game like Save the Earth. Fill up that roster with as many kaiju as possible.

What fan wouldn't want to recreate the fight from Final Wars in a Godzilla fighting game?
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

The 1998 Godzilla being playable in a new fighting game would be a dream come true, especially if he could climb up the sides of buildings.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

Maritonic wrote:
Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:
Would love '98 Godzilla in a Godzilla game. Especially if it's a fighting game like Save the Earth. Fill up that roster with as many kaiju as possible.

What fan wouldn't want to recreate the fight from Final Wars in a Godzilla fighting game?
Well, if I recall, Zilla was removed from the game because of a negative fan reaction. I'm not saying Zilla SHOULDN'T be in the game, but I don't think he would be played very much. And I'm sure that fans would want to play as Gorosaurus or Hedorah, too. (I myself want Gorosaurus to be put in the game. I even have a move set thought out for him with wii remote and nunchuck.)