Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Matchup needs balancing. Someone with level 18 monsters probably shouldn’t match up against someone with half their team gold. Kinda lame

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:17 am Matchup needs balancing. Someone with level 18 monsters probably shouldn’t match up against someone with half their team gold. Kinda lame
This has unfortunately been a thing for quite a long time. Originally, it used to be somewhat balanced, but it would take forever to match up with someone around your level. The devs figured they could increase match rates, but at the cost of running into players that may be out of your league.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 amThis has unfortunately been a thing for quite a long time. Originally, it used to be somewhat balanced, but it would take forever to match up with someone around your level. The devs figured they could increase match rates, but at the cost of running into players that may be out of your league.
Yep, change happened in April I believe. Used to be it was + or - two ranks from your current standing. They changed it to + or - three ranks, which is a pretty sizeable difference as you get closer to 65. On the plus side, they made it so you can't be paired against the same human opponent back-to-back, which was a HUGE quality of life improvement.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

In addition to the Giant Octopus, the devs added a snapshot feature in the Studio! Odd this feature wasn't included at the start, but it works wonderfully.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Okay, look, I know it's just the Giant Octopus, but I've gotta say, I was expecting a bit more out of the little cephalopod. The poor guy just kinda... wiggles his tentacles about and whacks anyone who's nearby (and I mean really nearby - for someone with tentacles he's got shockingly no range whatsoever) It takes him like four or five hits to destroy a building. He's the only unit I've ever seen lose in his profile's little preview clip. He doesn't even get faster/stronger in water or anything. I know he's just an octopus known for getting beaten by King Kong and Gaira, but geez, the poor guy's essentially useless right now. This wasn't what we wanted, Toho Games! He was supposed to be a deadly joke character capable of taking out the likes of Destoroyah and SpaceGodzilla! He killed Frankenstein in a deleted scene, damn it! :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:01 pm Okay, look, I know it's just the Giant Octopus, but I've gotta say, I was expecting a bit more out of the little cephalopod. The poor guy just kinda... wiggles his tentacles about and whacks anyone who's nearby (and I mean really nearby - for someone with tentacles he's got shockingly no range whatsoever) It takes him like four or five hits to destroy a building. He's the only unit I've ever seen lose in his profile's little preview clip. He doesn't even get faster/stronger in water or anything. I know he's just an octopus known for getting beaten by King Kong and Gaira, but geez, the poor guy's essentially useless right now. This wasn't what we wanted, Toho Games! He was supposed to be a deadly joke character capable of taking out the likes of Destoroyah and SpaceGodzilla! He killed Frankenstein in a deleted scene, damn it! :P
My Giant Octopus can't even take out a single member of a Kamakuras or Destroyah swarm, lol. He's pretty pathetic as a unit to be honest. He'd be more viable if he moved really fast in water, attacked a bit faster, and had more reach.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:01 pm Okay, look, I know it's just the Giant Octopus, but I've gotta say, I was expecting a bit more out of the little cephalopod. The poor guy just kinda... wiggles his tentacles about and whacks anyone who's nearby (and I mean really nearby - for someone with tentacles he's got shockingly no range whatsoever) It takes him like four or five hits to destroy a building. He's the only unit I've ever seen lose in his profile's little preview clip. He doesn't even get faster/stronger in water or anything.
I was honestly relieved that he wasn't a 4-star monster, I'll take the 1-star status. He's nothing special currently, though for a 1-star monster he's an absolute tank of a unit. I'd argue he'd make a pretty good replacement for the 3 Kamacuras unit, if only he could move just a bit faster and reach a little further. Upside is his slowing effect lasts longer if he attacks a unit while in the water, but that's his only benefit.

Biggest disappointment to me is he has none of his sound effects - not that mouth breathing pop, or even the slimy crawling sounds from KKvsG. C'mon Toho, you can at least add the slime sounds when he moves, those are on at least 2 of your sound effect CDs! :evil:
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Haven't had much to talk about anymore since they cut down on cheating, or so it seems.

Giant Octopus seems to be a complete useless waste like I predicted. That's what people get for voting for a meme.

Only thing I wanted was the sound effects and he doesn't even have any!
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Battle Line's coming to PC! Pre-registration has already started as of August 5th, more details can actually be found in-game under the Menu > Help > PC Version section. Thought it was curious why they noted certain ad viewing was exclusive to mobile.

https://twitter.com/andapp_pr/status/15 ... 3873720322
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

A data request. Due to studio levels 9 and 10 dropping at a later date, I zoomed straight to 9 and didn't get to see how much experience was required. Wanting to fill this info for the Studio guide, was wondering if anyone would be awesome enough who is still on studio level 8 to list the "Until Next Level" and "Total Studio EXP" numbers so this could be added to the guide? Would be very appreciative.
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:37 pmI was honestly relieved that he wasn't a 4-star monster, I'll take the 1-star status. He's nothing special currently, though for a 1-star monster he's an absolute tank of a unit. I'd argue he'd make a pretty good replacement for the 3 Kamacuras unit, if only he could move just a bit faster and reach a little further. Upside is his slowing effect lasts longer if he attacks a unit while in the water, but that's his only benefit.
I'd say Kamacuras is a much better unit than the Giant Octopus. The strength of the Kamacuras is overkill. A charging King Caesar, Mothra Leo or a swing from Godzilla 1989 will decimate a Kamacuras... but that still leaves two more to deal with. That's hugely beneficial. The Giant Octopus in contrast is better against enemies that have an area of attack, but that leaves him as being a better answer to things like Gigan 2004, Hedorah, Kong and such. To that, though, the Giant Octopus isn't that impressive against them and furthermore they aren't common enough to need a counter spot in most decks.
GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:16 pm Battle Line's coming to PC! Pre-registration has already started as of August 5th, more details can actually be found in-game under the Menu > Help > PC Version section. Thought it was curious why they noted certain ad viewing was exclusive to mobile.

https://twitter.com/andapp_pr/status/15 ... 3873720322
...wow, did not see that coming. When they warned about ad viewing, I thought that was directed at playing the game on BlueStacks or something. This is a really positive sign for the game... not that I was worried about the longevity, but after Godzilla Destruction had the plug pulled suddenly it's always great to see positive signs of support.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:34 amGiant Octopus seems to be a complete useless waste like I predicted. That's what people get for voting for a meme.
This game made the Dorats capable of taking out Heisei Godzilla. I don't think anyone was expecting Giant Octopus to be literally useless.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Godzilla 54’ should be able to hit multiple enemies at once imo.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Zardon = cheater
Last edited by BalSac Johnson on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:39 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:34 amGiant Octopus seems to be a complete useless waste like I predicted. That's what people get for voting for a meme.
This game made the Dorats capable of taking out Heisei Godzilla. I don't think anyone was expecting Giant Octopus to be literally useless.
Valid point I guess but I still have NO idea why it won the vote.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Shit, I remember when the Dorats had better stats than the Super-X :lol:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:04 am
It's the Giant Octopus. Why would it not get the vote?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:38 pm

Because it's a boring thing so minor that it didn't even get an official name, has no abilities and was only in a Godzilla movie for about 3 minutes, losing the only fight it ever had? Just a guess though.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:39 am

Because it's a boring thing so minor that it didn't even get an official name, has no abilities and was only in a Godzilla movie for about 3 minutes, losing the only fight it ever had? Just a guess though.
I mean, this one seems to be kind of combined with the Frankenstein/Gargantuas ones, at least it has skins for them.

And yeah, it won because of "the meme", but to me it's also legitimately cool that it made it in, especially being such a minor monster.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:39 am

Blasphemy. Next thing you'll be saying Maguma isn't the absolute King of Showa.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

#MagumaSweep baby!! All day all night!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.