Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GigaBowserG »

Arbok wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm Balance changes coming November 29th:
https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 12602.html

These overall look good. The Super X needed a nerf bad, as did the Energy Refueling Base so it basically wasn't almost always the right choice to add it to a deck. Excited to see how Biollante, SpaceGodzilla and Battra perform after this.
Yeah my boy SpaceG getting a much-needed health buff. He drops stupidly easy. Hoping the crystal buffs make up for his rather terrible attack and range. If so, I'll definitely take it.

Also, Battra getting buffs?! He's already a force to be reckoned with as is, Battra is almost guaranteed to appear in every deck after the update, especially with the attack boost itself getting a buff. I feel like Battra will become the new Ultima, as Terrestris dying even easier now is not a great look. Curious how much of a game changer Minilla's lowered attack speed will be, too. Maybe it'll incentivize the use of the 2-pack maser tanks.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:14 pm Huh? Rodan getting a health buff? I thought his evolved form was already pretty tanky.
Note the change is just to the pre-evolved form. Fire Rodan isn't get a health buff. This is meant to make Rodan survive a little easier so that he can evolve.
Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:14 pmI'm surprised the Super-X got a nerf. Yeah it got annoying when it was high level, but it wasn't a game changer.
I feel that Super X is a game changer in the current meta. I swapped out Godzilla 1989 for Super X and my win rate at rank 65 went way, way up. It's just such a pain in the ass to counter, as you place it behind a King Ghidorah and the little Super X will start snipping stuff quite easily and will take awhile before something can even get into damage range. Direct damage stuff, like the trains and Dimension Tide, also cost more so you were getting further into a bad energy spot versus your opponent just to counter it.
GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm Also, Battra getting buffs?! He's already a force to be reckoned with as is, Battra is almost guaranteed to appear in every deck after the update, especially with the attack boost itself getting a buff.
Yeah, I also get the impression Battra will be the new Hedorah 2.0: a unit that was already strong in the meta basically shot toward to the top of the meta. He'll probably be the defacto King Ghidorah counter, which might be why they are doing it... but then what will counter Battra? He'll probably chew through Megaguirus if the attack duration and buff are too big.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Arbok wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:36 pm
Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:14 pm Huh? Rodan getting a health buff? I thought his evolved form was already pretty tanky.
Note the change is just to the pre-evolved form. Fire Rodan isn't get a health buff. This is meant to make Rodan survive a little easier so that he can evolve.
Ah, that makes more sense.
Yeah, I also get the impression Battra will be the new Hedorah 2.0: a unit that was already strong in the meta basically shot toward to the top of the meta. He'll probably be the defacto King Ghidorah counter, which might be why they are doing it... but then what will counter Battra? He'll probably chew through Megaguirus if the attack duration and buff are too big.
Godzilla Terrestris is my go-to for taking down annoying air units like Ghidorah, Mothra, etc. Ultima is even better at it and with increased range, he'll shoot down air units before they can close in to become a threat, or wound them enough that anything else can finish them. Unless you mean Air vs Air...then I'm honestly not sure. Mothra Leo maybe? He has the charge attack that may allow him to close the gap and ram Battra before he can get too many shots off.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pmGodzilla Terrestris is my go-to for taking down annoying air units like Ghidorah, Mothra, etc. Ultima is even better at it and with increased range, he'll shoot down air units before they can close in to become a threat, or wound them enough that anything else can finish them.
This is a good point. Terrestris will be harder to evolve, but Battra probably still won't be happy to see Ultima already on the field. I could see Ultima + Kamacuras (to distract and have Battra to chase them in the opposite direction of Ultima) working well against him.
Breakdown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pmUnless you mean Air vs Air...then I'm honestly not sure. Mothra Leo maybe? He has the charge attack that may allow him to close the gap and ram Battra before he can get too many shots off.
For Mothra Leo, not sure he has the damage to pull it off since he already struggles sometimes with Battra before the buff. However, that's just because of the general level discrepancy between the two. Battra being in the shop and Leo not means generally Battra is gonna be a higher level. If the units are both the same level, though, then yeah Leo becomes a nice counter as all he has to do is land the charge and beam Battra twice to finish him off.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Glad something is being done to that pain-in-the-ass little toad. I'd rather have seen his cost raised in addition to chopping his stun, but this is better than nothing.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I've stalled out at Wave 80. Jesus christ MV Godzilla and Kong are a nightmare duo. They approach from both flanks so you can't sneak a unit past them, and if you try to take them head-on you get double teamed. Godzilla is the easier of the two to kill, but it's hard to isolate him. Kong is ridiculously durable and monke punches everything in his way to death.

Also the multiplayer is completely unplayable for me. Every match I get into it kicks me out because of a "communication error due to unstable connection" or some jazz like that. Sometimes it WILL load me into a match after kicking me to the main menu, but when I win it lags me out right after I defeat the other player and counts it as a loss anyway. This is some real bullshit.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:27 pm Also the multiplayer is completely unplayable for me. Every match I get into it kicks me out because of a "communication error due to unstable connection" or some jazz like that. Sometimes it WILL load me into a match after kicking me to the main menu, but when I win it lags me out right after I defeat the other player and counts it as a loss anyway. This is some real bullshit.
I've found closing and reopening the game when I get the "unstable connection" error stops it for about an hour. It seems if you do pretty much anything, like collecting rewards/expeditions or watching ads, it causes the error to pop up more frequently.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Sigh. Level 76 is just more asinine bullshit. It's the same as 69 but harder. Ok. I can get to 81. Thats INCREDIBLE BULLSHIT. That's far enough. Not bad for a level 6 Biollante.

And glad to see Super X and FUCKING Minya nerfed a little. Minya"s cost should be raised to 4 or so and Super X's range shortened though IMO

And speaking of those cheap fucking units and bullshit, my FIRST fucking match, "Okami321" plays Minya, seesar, Super X and Terrestrias the second the match starts. The absolute second. At this point I just want to slap everyone at Toho games for continuing to cater to these cheating scumbags.

2nd match- Shin Battra, also a cheating little bitch. Fun day.

3rd match - "porkula" oh boy, a fat ass vampire? Aren't you special. Also cheats. This is amazing. If I thought anyone cared I'd start recording this shit and put it on youtube.YouTube.

4th match - "UlyssesArturo" wow you sound like a real badass. Either cheating or another one of those glitches that ONLY HAPPENS TO ME, my Mothra evolution bar fills up and the larva just stays out there until it dies anyway. Quit the game.

5th match- Probably a bot. I won this. Whoopty fucking do.

6th match - Another cheater/"glitch" with an invincible Minya. I hit it continuously and it takes no damage. Quit the game and threw my phone against the wall.

I'll continue to update because I have nothing better to do. Until I break the phone. These Otterboxes are pretty tough.

7th match- "Kaijus for Life" plays energy base, GT, Mothra and Battra in the first 5 seconds. Quit the game. How does this only happen to me with this insane frequency?

New strategy - if they play an energy base I just quit. Easy wins guys!

8th Match - "USukkAtDis" (Jesus fucking christ) immediately plays Mothra larva. I send Moguera out to kill it....he quits the game. I think that's as good as its gonna get today. I'm gonna go play PS5.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:27 pm I've stalled out at Wave 80. Jesus christ MV Godzilla and Kong are a nightmare duo. They approach from both flanks so you can't sneak a unit past them, and if you try to take them head-on you get double teamed. Godzilla is the easier of the two to kill, but it's hard to isolate him. Kong is ridiculously durable and monke punches everything in his way to death.
Yeah, I can't beat 80 either. And if you do kill Kong and G21, get ready to be blitzed by Mothra, Battra, Megaguirus, and iirc a Rodan. Instead, I've been going to work on the "Defeat X enemies" missions which is a bit harder this time around because Wave 10 doesn't crap out the insane amount of enemies it used to and neither does 25.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Burning Godzilla confirmed for tomorrow

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 amI've been going to work on the "Defeat X enemies" missions which is a bit harder this time around because Wave 10 doesn't crap out the insane amount of enemies it used to and neither does 25.
I've been using Wave 19 for this. It's got a pretty high number of enemies in all three stages.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:36 pm Sigh. Level 76 is just more asinine bullshit. It's the same as 69 but harder. Ok. I can get to 81. Thats INCREDIBLE BULLSHIT. That's far enough. Not bad for a level 6 Biollante.

And glad to see Super X and FUCKING Minya nerfed a little. Minya"s cost should be raised to 4 or so and Super X's range shortened though IMO

And speaking of those cheap fucking units and bullshit, my FIRST fucking match, "Okami321" plays Minya, seesar, Super X and Terrestrias the second the match starts. The absolute second. At this point I just want to slap everyone at Toho games for continuing to cater to these cheating scumbags.

2nd match- Shin Battra, also a cheating little bitch. Fun day.

3rd match - "porkula" oh boy, a fat ass vampire? Aren't you special. Also cheats. This is amazing. If I thought anyone cared I'd start recording this shit and put it on youtube.YouTube.

4th match - "UlyssesArturo" wow you sound like a real badass. Either cheating or another one of those glitches that ONLY HAPPENS TO ME, my Mothra evolution bar fills up and the larva just stays out there until it dies anyway. Quit the game.

5th match- Probably a bot. I won this. Whoopty fucking do.

6th match - Another cheater/"glitch" with an invincible Minya. I hit it continuously and it takes no damage. Quit the game and threw my phone against the wall.

I'll continue to update because I have nothing better to do. Until I break the phone. These Otterboxes are pretty tough.

7th match- "Kaijus for Life" plays energy base, GT, Mothra and Battra in the first 5 seconds. Quit the game. How does this only happen to me with this insane frequency?

New strategy - if they play an energy base I just quit. Easy wins guys!

8th Match - "USukkAtDis" (Jesus fucking christ) immediately plays Mothra larva. I send Moguera out to kill it....he quits the game. I think that's as good as its gonna get today. I'm gonna go play PS5.
What exactly are they using when they cheat? Because if you have a high level Biogoji, he can potentially solo that whole lineup lol.
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

What exactly is who using? I mean it depends on who I'm facing - I mention it in my "reports" when it stands out - but if you play 5 monsters in 5 seconds, you're cheating. Especially when that includes a 5 or 6 energy costing piece like GT or KG.

And at least three times I've encountered units that literally do not take damage. No one else is mentioning that so maybe it's a glitch - I just think it's funny I've never seen a glitch in MY favor. I get a Mothra that won't evolve when its bar is full....my opponent gets Invincible Minya. So much fun.

Also there's a four star Burning Godzilla piece now for all the pay-to-win folks to enjoy. Naturally if you saved the "redeem for any 4 star piece" thing like I did, BG isn't a choice. :D :roll:
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

You know what would make a fun facility unit? The Godzilla Tower. It could fire a powerful laser like the Markalite Cannon, except its laser shoots faster, but it can't turn to face targets behind or to the side of it.
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:41 amI just think it's funny I've never seen a glitch in MY favor. I get a Mothra that won't evolve when its bar is full....my opponent gets Invincible Minya.
This game in a nutshell.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Interesting, you can now purchase Mothra Leo from the standard coin shop. Granted, he's one of the 25k items, but at least he's grindable. Curious how many other 4-star monsters will be appearing in there since the update.
/crawls back under rock

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:11 pm Interesting, you can now purchase Mothra Leo from the standard coin shop. Granted, he's one of the 25k items, but at least he's grindable. Curious how many other 4-star monsters will be appearing in there since the update.
I got that too. I dumped the coins on him, and instantly regretted it.

I saw a YT video that said everything except Death Ghidorah and Kiryu will be in the rotation in the shop. I'm refreshing the list as often as I can, because the same person said that G21 and Kong will be retired in late January, so I want to get every piece of theirs that I can.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Just noticed the new update eliminated the “Too Easy!” Sticker and replaced it with an “I did it!” one. Wondered why no one had dropped it on me today.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

How exactly is Burning Godzilla's "Meltdown" ability supposed to work? Does he get hotter over time or does he need to accumulate damage? Because I fought one today, and I'm not impressed. The meter above his head was at full green when he died, exploding right next to my leader and she took no damage lol.
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I've literally faced the SAME FUCKING CHEATER 4 ROUNDS IN A ROW. The creatively named "James". So much thought put into that one. Can you stop purposefully fucking with me, game?

Now six times. I'm not kidding.

Then I get a bot. Then James the Asshole again. Then another player. Then Asshole James for the 8th time.

What the actual fuck?

I really need a new movie or console game to get announced so I can find something else to do/talk about.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 pm How exactly is Burning Godzilla's "Meltdown" ability supposed to work? Does he get hotter over time or does he need to accumulate damage? Because I fought one today, and I'm not impressed. The meter above his head was at full green when he died, exploding right next to my leader and she took no damage lol.
Based on time.

I have yet to have one explode near my leader, but based on your account I'm wondering if they made the explosion something that doesn't effect leaders... wouldn't be surprised as I believe at a high level it would do lethal damage when maxed out. That said, having the unit survive for 90 seconds to get there seems basically impossible in a practical match.