Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Legendary Minya »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 amAlso the JJ event is maxing out at wave 28 for me....wtf? I've beat it 4 times but it won't progress.
Oh, good. It's not just me, then.
Ok now I feel better
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Yup, same, wave 28. Thought it was strange there were way less items to exchange for in the event shop, but now it makes sense.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Man, Wave 10 sure is helpful for all those "Defeat ___ enemies" achievements.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:57 pmI feel like a simple buff for the Airbase is making it so any fired missiles actually hit their target even after the helicopter unit is destroyed. Fired missiles just phase out of existence once the copter goes down, and 9 times out of 10 the missiles are just inches away from dealing damage. Minilla's ring breath still damages and stuns even after he's KO'd, so I don't see why the missiles can't also linger.
That would help, but I'd also drop the cost. Just doesn't feel worth it in contrast to the MBAW-93 Base, especially as the base works well both as a support unit or solo... while the Airbase you have to support with something else or it's not gonna do anything.
Legendary Minya wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:48 pmDid they do away with the whole "3rd force" thing? It's still mentioned in loading screens but I don't see it anymore. Maybe because they were so weak anyway.
Yes/no.

Technically it's still in there, but all of the stages that use it (Skull Island, the Singular Point themed Tokyo locations) aren't in rotation so none of the current stages have 3rd force aspects to them.
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 am Also the JJ event is maxing out at wave 28 for me....wtf? I've beat it 4 times but it won't progress.
Yeah this is intended. They mentioned it goes up to 60, and they are breaking it into two pieces. Not sure what that means exactly (will we not be able to access waves 1-30 when the second part starts?) but they mentioned part 2 with the remaining waves starts October 25th:

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:34 pm Man, Wave 10 sure is helpful for all those "Defeat ___ enemies" achievements.
Depending on the level of your Jet Jaguar, wave 25 works really well for this too (I get a little over 100 enemies defeated each time it's played, and the cash reward is a little more than wave 10).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Arbok wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:08 pmDepending on the level of your Jet Jaguar, wave 25 works really well for this too (I get a little over 100 enemies defeated each time it's played, and the cash reward is a little more than wave 10).
Hmm, I don't remember Wave 25 having a huge amount of enemies like 10 did, but I'll have to give it another look. Thanks for the advice.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:19 pmHmm, I don't remember Wave 25 having a huge amount of enemies like 10 did, but I'll have to give it another look. Thanks for the advice.
It's been my "go to" so far this event.

Basic structure is swarm, swarm... and then an annoying Minilla comes (I usually throw something weak out just to distract him while my Jet Jaguar cleans up the swarms). A few more swarms come and then a mild break... followed by a really weak Godzilla 1989 and SpaceGodzilla along with some more swarms. A few units will take them out, although I try to hold back a bit because after this more swarms will eventually come if you don't take out the crystal right away.

The level does take a bit of focus, although I've never lost yet on it.

caltrk01
Ronin

Post by caltrk01 »

Can't say I did perfect runs, but I just tried levels 10-12 and 25-27. Starting on 10 netted me 111 enemies, starting on 25 got me 115. Not sure if each SG crystal counted, and I'm sure I missed a few things spawning really late in a few stages, but the two rounds are really close in enemy count.

To me, 10 seemed like it had more, but it just drops a ton at the start, and the other two rounds are much slower, I think.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

caltrk01 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:31 am To me, 10 seemed like it had more, but it just drops a ton at the start, and the other two rounds are much slower, I think.
Yup, those last 2 rounds after Wave 10 drop the momentum considerably with units, it's all focused on that first round. Managed to clear the dailies related to "defeat X number of units" already just by grinding the Wave 10 set, but still not enough tokens to purchase the Legendary Expedition after buying some of the other stuff :(
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So do evolution units the AI deploys actually evolve? I've had more than one occasion where a Godzilla Terrestris or Rodan '93 just walk/fly around for long periods of time without evolving.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

caltrk01
Ronin

Post by caltrk01 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:33 pm Managed to clear the dailies related to "defeat X number of units" already just by grinding the Wave 10 set, but still not enough tokens to purchase the Legendary Expedition after buying some of the other stuff
There might be more tasks after the second half of the event goes up on the 25th. There wouldn't be a lot of motivation to tackle the harder levels otherwise.
Breakdown wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:00 pm So do evolution units the AI deploys actually evolve? I've had more than one occasion where a Godzilla Terrestris or Rodan '93 just walk/fly around for long periods of time without evolving.
As far as I remember, I haven't seen it happen.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Good lord, what the frick is up with Wave 46? That Mothra/Battra/Megaguirus combo shreds through everything. Even the duo of Godzilla '89 and King Ghidorah couldn't touch them.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:52 pm Good lord, what the frick is up with Wave 46? That Mothra/Battra/Megaguirus combo shreds through everything. Even the duo of Godzilla '89 and King Ghidorah couldn't touch them.
That's the one with the wall of larvas at the start, right?
Pretty sure it's the same or at least highly similar to the one last event. I struggled last time, but I'm guessing with my units so high they kind of steamrolled through them.

Sadly, I stalled out this event at wave 50 again... the old King Kong + Godzilla 2021 right at the start wave, and this time they added Mothra Leo as a support not much later.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I had my Minilla murder a Terretris and Mothra larvae back to back all by himself :lol: My new go-to combo is deploying Death and King Ghidorah with Minilla. Once I get enough energy as they are rampaging I like to let King Caesar do his thing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I can't make it past wave 43. Hell, I'm lucky if I can make it past 41. The sheer amount of flyer spam....Jesus. It was nothing but Ghidorahs, Mothras, Battras, Rodan(s) and a ton of helicopters. The Rodans were by far the worst, simply because of how damn many they would send at once. The lack of effective anti-air pieces in my hand really hurt my odds too. Hedorah is decent at crowd control with JJ, but a flock of Rodans pick him apart like seagulls fighting over a piece of hamburger on the boardwalk.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Sad how these events are just "we want you to pay out the ass to try and get units strong enough to deal with our bullshit" vs actual fun once you get to a certain point. I blame the people pumping hundreds of dollars into trash like this. If no one paid, it would be vastly more enjoyable.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ironically, there'll be a balance patch soon that will be reducing the growth rate of monsters Lv.21 and above, so if you whaled hard trying to get rare monsters to a high level, they're gonna get hit with a nerf. However, lower-level 4-star monsters will be seeing buffs as leader types so there's more incentive to swap between leads that don't die in like 5 hits.
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:02 am Ironically, there'll be a balance patch soon that will be reducing the growth rate of monsters Lv.21 and above, so if you whaled hard trying to get rare monsters to a high level, they're gonna get hit with a nerf. However, lower-level 4-star monsters will be seeing buffs as leader types so there's more incentive to swap between leads that don't die in like 5 hits.

Well that's nice. We'll have to see how effective it is. I'd love to stop using MechaG as my leader but all my 4 stars are level 5 or below and I can't sacrifice Bio G's hard hitting attack.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I really wish we could use our multiplayer decks in the events. These wouldn't be as impossible if I could use a deck I know how to use rather than hoping to RNGesus I get a good hand.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:32 am I really wish we could use our multiplayer decks in the events. These wouldn't be as impossible if I could use a deck I know how to use rather than hoping to RNGesus I get a good hand.
Same! Maybe just have it where you can choose which of your units appear in each of the 3 waves, but have a restriction where you cannot re-use the unit in whichever wave you intend it to appear in. Makes it so you cannot just cheese waves with the exact same hand over and over, and gives some slight incentive to use your other units. This RNG method is pretty terrible and uninspired.
/crawls back under rock

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Kiryu announced, apparently new voice lines by Yumiko Shaku, which is super cool. Info from the website:

11 Exciting Developments ▼
① The new Season, Fear Absolute Zero, starts from Nov. 4!

② 4★ Kiryu will be introduced as the game’s latest battle piece on Nov. 4!

③ The newly recorded voice of Yumiko Shaku will play when Kiryu is deployed on the battlefield!

④ Special missions will be added to celebrate the arrival of Kiryu!

Log in 7 days to receive a Kiryu unit! A new celebratory pack will also be available in the Shop!

⑤ Fixed level matche will be implemented on Nov. 4! 

⑥ Balance adjustments will be performed on Nov. 4! Get ready to make even better use of your 4★ units when assigned as leader!

⑦ We’re holding a Triple Ranked Battle Tokens campaign from Nov. 11!

⑧ A new All-Star Battle will begin from Nov. 15! Biollante will star as the fixed leader unit!

➈ A Double Daily Sale Gift campaign will be held from Nov. 19!

➉ Social media campaigns will be held every week! Stay alert for more details!

⑪ We’re planning to introduce more popular monster battle pieces in late November!