Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

I think it's kind of sad and funny that the Dorats at a lower level can outperform the Super X at a higher level
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:16 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 am Maybe someone more technically inclined can assist here; is there an easy way to capture video off a smartphone, along the lines of taking a screenshot? I'd love to make a YouTube video highlighting the absolute bullshit I run into in this game.
It depends, you running Android or some kind of iPhone/Apple device? I got something called "AZ Screen Recorder" from the Android Play Store. Records audio and video, saves the video to your device when you finish recording, but you can upload it to like Google Drive, too. I believe you'd have to buy it for all options to be available, but definitely worth it. (Video sample)

Android, so I'll check that out. Thanks!

Well that was fun. Lil douche spamming COME ON stickers gives up as soon as I get somewhat close to his leader. Wish the stickers could be turned off. And then it's right back to people playing 5 units in the time I can play 2. Report them for it, nothing is done, repeat.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ I get people who quit over the dumbest things. My Terrestris killed this guy's Mothra and Ghidorah back to back and he quits. You couldn't use Godzilla or King Caesar or ANYONE to at least slow Terrestris down? Or just wait until he evolves and gets removed off the field? Then play BioGoji and slap Ultima into the shadow realm with some cannon fodder to draw his fire.
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Yeah, the few wins I get these days, people usually quit when I kill their Mothra larva. This is so ungodly fucking boring constantly facing everyone with the same cheap ass deck. No variation whatsoever.

Well that's not entirely true. If they aren't using cheats they play the energy base first, 99% of the time. Hate that thing with a fucking passion. No game has inspired this much hate in me recently. I guess that's an achievement. Good job Toho.

Thank christ. Ht rank 50 and got the damn Mothra Leo piece so I can quit for a few days.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Hey "SCOTT TOWELS", I hope you read this - it's appropriate that you've stupidly decided to name yourself after literal toilet paper, because you're a piece of s***. Nice cheating.

Nothing else to report. Barely played this train wreck lately.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:45 pm Hey "SCOTT TOWELS", I hope you read this - it's appropriate that you've stupidly decided to name yourself after literal toilet paper, because you're a piece of s***. Nice cheating.

I'm guessing you lost?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:19 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:45 pm Hey "SCOTT TOWELS", I hope you read this - it's appropriate that you've stupidly decided to name yourself after literal toilet paper, because you're a piece of s***. Nice cheating.

I'm guessing you lost?
Yeah, if you call them getting mad that I was winning and playing 5 units at once due to somehow having unlimited energy losing,, sure. Though technically I quit so he got to sit there and wait 30 seconds for the disconnect.

Had some really good matches today even if i lost half of them. Also, whoever has the name "Minilla=Dumb", I agree. This game makes me hate one of my favorite monsters!

"GodKong" quits 20 seconds in after I kill 2 of his units. Why bother playing?
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Anybody test out Fire Rodan yet?
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:05 am Anybody test out Fire Rodan yet?
Yeah, been using him to get those 30 wins for the event achievement (which I surpassed so now on my way to 300 to clear out his achievements.

Anyway, feels like he is the weakest of the current 4 star units. Biggest issue is that he's really hard to evolve. He's fast with not much health, and is really only kept safe if you have enough buildings to distract him or luck out and keep him idle by attacking something that keeps him safe, like Godzilla 1989.

In the event you do evolve him, his ability to speed up other units is decent but with Fire Rodan's five energy cost it doesn't leave you a ton of spare energy to make use of it. His healing also requires that he's joining up with a decent size attack force to be worthwhile. Both can work and pay off sometimes, but it's very situational.

Overall... feels like why bother. For the same energy cost, Mothra Leo has more health and with his charge does more damage... plus you don't have to struggle to evolve him.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Is there some secret agreement for everyone that uses the nickname "dinosaur boy" to be cheating? Or just a ridiculous coincidence. Let me know if you notice this.

Speaking of cheaters, I'd love to know how "dom42" played Godzilla, Godzilla Ultima, Anguirus, Jet Jaguar and Ghidorah all in the span of 5 seconds once i got them half dead. Must be a new feature I don't know about. :roll:

The 15 or so other people to beat me in a row probably didn't cheat, but like in all mobile games, it's bullshit people who play for free have to compete with the pay to win crowd. At least I beat GodKong again before they were able to quit this time.

Speaking of utter bullshit, how is no one but me pissed about these dumbass 'leader abilities'? This thing should have SOME realism as far as the movie universe is concerned; in what universe can Godzilla run across an ocean in half a second because Biollante spit acid at nothing? Those things should be attacks and nothing more. It makes complete zero sense. And naturally MechaGodzilla, the only viable leader I have, has no useful effect with his.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

New balance changes coming Friday (10/15):
https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 01301.html
  • Range buff for Biollante (Evolved)
  • Damage buff for Hedorah (Evolved)
  • Damage buff for Stealth Bomber
  • New damage mechanic for Freezing Sonde
  • Recovery buff for The Psychic Chorus
Seems like this won't shake up the current meta much, but it's nice that it's targeting a few units that could be pushed into a higher tier (notably Biollante and Hedorah) and two that are just way too weak right now (Stealth Bomber and Psychic Chorus).

The one that puzzles me is the Freezing Sonde. It already seemed really annoying at higher levels while striking the "not too strong, not too weak" balance. Not sure it needed a buff in the form of doing damage as well, although guess we will see if it's just a few damage and really doesn't do anything from that perspective or if it's notable and makes this the new defacto direct damage effect in the game.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Well this came COMPLETELY out of left field:

Also Desghidorah is basically a freebie as you can buy him right away with event tokens.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:57 pm Well this came COMPLETELY out of left field:

Also Desghidorah is basically a freebie as you can buy him right away with event tokens.
Though it's doomed to remain at level 1 unless you're a whale. You can only get 1 battle piece through the trade ins, and apparently the odds of pulling one through the special map are paltry.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Love that Desghidorah was added, felt like an inevitability since Mothra Leo appeared just before. Also, interesting choice to buff Hedorah, I always felt like he was strong enough as is but could've been just me.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Happily surprised with Desghidorah. Find it funny considering the movie that he counters Mothra Leo, since his fire shockwave will cancel out his charge animation.
GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:01 am Also, interesting choice to buff Hedorah, I always felt like he was strong enough as is but could've been just me.
Yeah Hedorah didn't need a buff (they lowered his acid damage upon death, but who cares when they raised his attack damage). He was good before, he's great now. At least he's not overpowered, just didn't feel like a unit that needed a buff considering we still have stuff like the Airbase and Dimension Tide that still aren't meta relevant at all.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Arbok wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:16 pm Yeah Hedorah didn't need a buff (they lowered his acid damage upon death, but who cares when they raised his attack damage). He was good before, he's great now. At least he's not overpowered, just didn't feel like a unit that needed a buff considering we still have stuff like the Airbase and Dimension Tide that still aren't meta relevant at all.
I feel like a simple buff for the Airbase is making it so any fired missiles actually hit their target even after the helicopter unit is destroyed. Fired missiles just phase out of existence once the copter goes down, and 9 times out of 10 the missiles are just inches away from dealing damage. Minilla's ring breath still damages and stuns even after he's KO'd, so I don't see why the missiles can't also linger.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Death Ghidorah is pretty cool having used him in the event. Too bad us poor people will never be able to actually use him in the main game.

Did they do away with the whole "3rd force" thing? It's still mentioned in loading screens but I don't see it anymore. Maybe because they were so weak anyway.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Also the JJ event is maxing out at wave 28 for me....wtf? I've beat it 4 times but it won't progress.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 am Also the JJ event is maxing out at wave 28 for me....wtf? I've beat it 4 times but it won't progress.
Same, but I figured it ended at 30 this time.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 amAlso the JJ event is maxing out at wave 28 for me....wtf? I've beat it 4 times but it won't progress.
Oh, good. It's not just me, then.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."