Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:28 pmIt's completely luck-based on the units you draw. If you're able to get Minilla or Masers for G2021, those are his kryptonite. Resets his breath attack each time he's hit by their attacks. Konk has a punch that can knock out multiple units at once, however...
Yeah I think a combo of Minilla and Godzilla 1989 could manage them, assuming Minilla focuses on Godzilla 2021 and Godzilla 1989 focuses on Kong. I can't think of another defense that could really take them on, though. From what I hear the best strategy is to try and destroy the crystal and ignore both Godzilla 2021 and Kong, so use a Rodan placed to the far right or a Stealth Bomber on the right and hope it destroys the crystal before you get taken out. That would leave you with barely any health for the next stage, though.

Btw, anyone have any thoughts for who the new character will be tomorrow? I'm hoping it's not someone like Salunga just because we have a fair bit of Singular Point representation already for the current roster, although timing wise it's set to debut on the same day as the Godzilla Battle Line Summit which is gonna be very Singular Point focused so....
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Oh, is there some sort of pattern for monster reveals, or did they say there'd be a new addition soon? Totally missed an announcement for a reveal if there was. Bets are something from SP considering how hard they're pimping the event, I'd totally be down with either Salunga or SP Anguirus, but anything else is cool, too.

Oops, looks like I posted too soon, it's the Super X! You can preview it in game under the "Deck".
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Happy we got the Super X, although as a unit it's a bit underwhelming due to Minilla. The Super X deals less damage, has less health, doesn't stun and costs more energy... all for the benefit of a flying unit with a bit more range. Not a fair trade off, but oh well.

Anyway, the live stream revealed that the next event will feature Jet Jaguar as the leader. :JetJaguar:

It also revealed that a Rodan 1993 that can evolve into Fire Rodan is coming September 30th, which feels like about time since Rodan 1993 has been on the intro screen for ages.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Low-key I kind of want the Super-X to see how it synergizes with my Biollante/MBAW deck.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Arbok wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:57 am Happy we got the Super X, although as a unit it's a bit underwhelming due to Minilla. The Super X deals less damage, has less health, doesn't stun and costs more energy... all for the benefit of a flying unit with a bit more range.
I had a chance to use it earlier today. Very underwhelming unless you remember to deploy it in the back row, and only when the enemy is still far off. It's made of paper mache and shoots spitwads, otherwise.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

In today's delicious irony file, someone with the name "idontpay2win" was a massive cheater who started off the match playing Kong, Minya, Ghidorah and Godzilla all at once. Gotta love it. Amazing that these cheats are still allowed by Toho. I'm seeing them much less but IMO that just means the people cheating got bored and went to do something else. Yesterday I ran into one of the idiots I reported months ago ("Icee". Wow what a badass name) who is still cheating.

The alternative has been people giving up 10 seconds into a match if I stop their first unit (always either SP Godzilla or Mothra) from evolving.

Are there no just decent matchups?

Ok. Right after I post this I have a regular match. Sigh. Make up your mind, game.

That lasted 2 matches and then it's right back to cheap/cheaters with stupid screen names. I'd love to know what possesses people to pick these names. I fully expect to find people just calling themselves Shoe or Pickle or Soup.

Now I've just won probably the best match I've ever had. One more hit would have killed me when I got the win by sending Mougera in as a suicide bomber, despite the game's best efforts to make me lose - I told it to shoot a plasma Grenade straight ahead at the leader, so naturally my MG turns around and fires it at the bottom of the screen, because why not?
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I was able to use Super-X for a bit last night. Seems like a good unit. Not an outright powerhouse or anything, but fairly solid. Glad to see Fire Rodan joining the game as well. Odd that he'd be added so late considering he's on the intro screen. Maybe they were worried about making the roster too Heisei-heavy at first?
Arbok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:20 pmYeah I think a combo of Minilla and Godzilla 1989 could manage them, assuming Minilla focuses on Godzilla 2021 and Godzilla 1989 focuses on Kong. I can't think of another defense that could really take them on, though. From what I hear the best strategy is to try and destroy the crystal and ignore both Godzilla 2021 and Kong, so use a Rodan placed to the far right or a Stealth Bomber on the right and hope it destroys the crystal before you get taken out. That would leave you with barely any health for the next stage, though.
I was able to do this before I'd even made my earlier post. I managed to send Godzilla '89 and Minya at them while also sending Moguera at the crystal. Aaand... yeah. Utter failure. I've tried so many times with this particular level I'm assuming I'm just not capable of beating it. Oh, well.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Okay, it's kind of bullshit how the AI spawns enemies right in front of Mothra. I had it spawn 2 markalite cannons directly in front of me. Shit was not fun, lol.

Also dear god, the Kamakuras hordes.....
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:42 pm Also dear god, the Kamakuras hordes.....
You do not have to fear the Kamacuras swarms as Mothra, they literally cannot touch her :lol: Best to let them all gather instead of having a unit try to deal with them (unless it's King Ghidorah).

Also, happy to see the inclusion of Rodan '93/Fire Rodan! About time, not only has he been on the title screen art, but also the original scrolling background art on the main menu. Looking forward to the JJ event, hoping they made a few touch ups to it so it's less luck-based with pulls.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

JJ event?

Gross. Mine's level 1.

That's what I hate about these events.....lack of choice. I see it as a personal point of pride for instance that I have never leveled up the dipshit train bomb or stealth bomber because IMO they are cheap and everyone used to spam them. Sucks you can't choose your units. And these hard to farm leaders really suck.

"JoJo". Dumb name. Plays 5 units at once. So far my theory holds up :D
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Also, full results of that voting campaign, English names edition:

/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

How the hell did the Giant octopus and Ebirah get more votes than MG74.
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Breakdown wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:38 pm How the hell did the Giant octopus and Ebirah get more votes than MG74.
Seriously. I dont buy that being legit for a second.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:38 pm How the hell did the Giant octopus and Ebirah get more votes than MG74.
People on Twitter were screwing up the voting hashtags left and right, I wouldn't be surprised if most votes (MG included) were dismissed because of it. Either that, or they were just replying to the tweet with their monster of choice and omitting the hashtag entirely.

Still, happy to see the Giant Tako made it so high, I was worried he'd be in the bottom half of the list. There was a contingent of people rallying together for him, showing support on pretty much any tweet that voted for him, so no doubt that helped.

/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Never under estimate the power of small groups of bored trolls on the internet I guess.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Mechagodzilla 1974 had '93 already being in the game working against him plus Kiryu in this poll, which likely absorbed a lot of people that would have voted for him otherwise. That said, we are only talking about a difference of 34 votes between them and the ones in question, so it's not like there were tons and tons of people voting to begin with.
Legendary Minya wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 am Never under estimate the power of small groups of bored trolls on the internet I guess.
I don't think this is trolling at all, as at least I voted for the Giant Octopus because I legitimately wanted to see him in the game. I think the Giant Octopus group just mobilized better than some others, as they put in the effort with images like the one shared above that I didn't really see for a lot of others.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I guarantee most people who voted for him just did it because they thought they were being cute/funny. It'd be probably the least interesting of the choices, a 2-4 energy weaker version of Anguirus (or maybe Biollante with the tentacles) that moves faster in water than on land.

About the only thing I'd vote for it ahead of would be Bagan just to spite its fans and make sure it stays relegated to a horrible SNES game where it belongs. 🤣

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Anyone do the survey they just released for the game? Was surprisingly long, but gave some nice chances for feedback. In particular noted my complaints with cheating and the event mode being totally random, which can create scenarios where the player gets a "bad luck starting hand" that puts them in a situation where they just can't win.

What really stood out to me was the "favorite Godzilla movie" question with stuff like Gorath and Latitude Zero on it. I picked the 1980's films, the two Frankenstein productions and a write in for Matango there.
Legendary Minya wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:28 pm I guarantee most people who voted for him just did it because they thought they were being cute/funny.
Skimming the votes, I don't get that impression:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gzbattl ... yped_query
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23%E3%82% ... uery&f=top

There are certainly some fans that are picking him for the lulz, but glancing through it looks like a low percentage. The general theme I saw was that the English fans like that he was obscure (that's why I picked him), while the theme with Japanese fans interestingly tended to be singling out the water possibilities for his fighting style.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I mean Gabara is pretty obscure too and he came in pretty low...but oh well.

Back to my usual bitching about people cheating, "Sadness" plays Space Godzilla, the maser tank base, Mothra and Minya within 5 seconds. I'll never understand why the game staff just allows this. I'd just start cheating myself at this point if it wouldn't make me a massive hypocrite.

Just kind of realizing I have never spent more time on a game I absolutely despise just because of a license than this one - the PS4 game is perfection compared to this shit-show. Also just tested something and it looks like you can duplicate an existing screen name...for example multiple people can be named "Godzilla"....so it seems to me the "cheater report" function is even more useless than I suspected.

Maybe someone more technically inclined can assist here; is there an easy way to capture video off a smartphone, along the lines of taking a screenshot? I'd love to make a YouTube video highlighting the absolute bullshit I run into in this game. Luckily next week I'm starting a new job and it sounds like it'll be much more involved than my current one....I only bother to play this while I'm killing time on the clock; maybe I'll give this up entirely. I kind of hope so. Probably lost about 40 matches today and won about 6 :D sure is fun when most other people either cheat or pay to win and the single player content is back to non-existant.

Up to about 80 losses now. This is fucking hilarious - suddenly everyone has a super powerful Space G, KG and of course the little pussy Minya that somehow freezes you constantly. Just like in the movies. Oh wait. I'm without words - all of my units are suddenly worthless. Was there an update last night designed solely to fuck me over that I'm not aware of?
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 am Maybe someone more technically inclined can assist here; is there an easy way to capture video off a smartphone, along the lines of taking a screenshot? I'd love to make a YouTube video highlighting the absolute bullshit I run into in this game.
It depends, you running Android or some kind of iPhone/Apple device? I got something called "AZ Screen Recorder" from the Android Play Store. Records audio and video, saves the video to your device when you finish recording, but you can upload it to like Google Drive, too. I believe you'd have to buy it for all options to be available, but definitely worth it. (Video sample)
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/crawls back under rock