Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:36 pmThis meta is dominated by 4*'s ESPECIALLY the fliers. Dunno how to feel. I think Toho overdid it a bit...
Godzilla Ultima is a hard counter to fliers. He straight up deletes Rodans, Ghidorahs and Mothras in 1-2 hits, and he's almost guaranteed to evolve now that he can actually fend for himself. Also I retract my previous statement about Ghidorah: He's excellent "cover fire" for Terrestris/Ultima to prevent swarming and to lay down extra firepower. Only problem is, mine's tissue paper because it's level 1 lol.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:52 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:36 pmThis meta is dominated by 4*'s ESPECIALLY the fliers. Dunno how to feel. I think Toho overdid it a bit...
Godzilla Ultima is a hard counter to fliers. He straight up deletes Rodans, Ghidorahs and Mothras in 1-2 hits, and he's almost guaranteed to evolve now that he can actually fend for himself. Also I retract my previous statement about Ghidorah: He's excellent "cover fire" for Terrestris/Ultima to prevent swarming and to lay down extra firepower. Only problem is, mine's tissue paper because it's level 1 lol.
People still using BioGoji like me, still counter the Terrestris but it's a bit dicey on board control afterwords/ Big commitment. Mouth breathers still using Swarm + energy Base. i'm not mad, because I CAN counter it. The fucking units refuse to and I sent like 5 emails to Toho about it. Guys run up to it, stare at it. Do a little dance then go for the Leader. Like seriously guys, GIGAN ESPECIALLY. Kill the damn building you potato head.

Currently running Train and Gigan as units. Dropped Battra. Gigan is there for people "having fun" with 4* Leaders. Trains because mouth breathers who play Energy Base behind a building and Godzilla will walk up to the building, destroy it, and ignore the base right behind it and I want to break my phone in half because of it. Trains also for Markalite Cannon's because they are a legit threat.

The game dropped another Ghidorah on my lap, so 1 more lucky shop rotation and now he's gunna be 12.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Fourth game and the server kicks me out. The song remains the same.

Ghidorah is my happiest surprise in the update. I was lucky enough to get him up to level 3, and he's working out well for me.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

You know what. My hunch was right. They botched the balance hard core.

Level 5 Battra has the same damage as a 25 MG? Cool, why even bother leveling pieces? Why even bother USING other pieces? The pendulum went the other way now. Why is it a rock-paper-scissors for whoever has the Exodia Opening hand of Ultima, ebergy Base, Mothra, Battra, Ghidorah and just autowin.

Doesn't matter if my 4*'s are DOUBLE the level of someone elses. They get the Exodia opening and it's just over. Your telling me a Level 5 Ghidorah can get within 1 more hit of killing my level 11? even bother? Don't get me wrong the 4* balance was needed.

A level 4 Kong is nearly as strong as A 29 MG? Come the fuck on Toho really? You REALLY need to test this shit before bungling this crap this hard.
Also pissed Toho didn't give me my Top 10 title. Had to email them about that...
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:08 pm
Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:52 pm
People still using BioGoji like me, still counter the Terrestris but it's a bit dicey on board control afterwords/ Big commitment. Mouth breathers still using Swarm + energy Base. i'm not mad, because I CAN counter it. The fucking units refuse to and I sent like 5 emails to Toho about it. Guys run up to it, stare at it. Do a little dance then go for the Leader. Like seriously guys, GIGAN ESPECIALLY. Kill the damn building you potato head.

Currently running Train and Gigan as units. Dropped Battra. Gigan is there for people "having fun" with 4* Leaders. Trains because mouth breathers who play Energy Base behind a building and Godzilla will walk up to the building, destroy it, and ignore the base right behind it and I want to break my phone in half because of it. Trains also for Markalite Cannon's because they are a legit threat.

The game dropped another Ghidorah on my lap, so 1 more lucky shop rotation and now he's gunna be 12.
If you're talking about the AI, then I agree because this update seems to have made the unit AI absolutely pants-on-head stupid. I've lost at least 3 matches because my monsters ignore the enemy RIGHT THERE defiling my leader despite being within aggro range at the most inconvenient times.

I distinctly remember my BioGoji and an enemy BioGoji walking DIRECTLY PAST EACH OTHER without attacking. Said incident cost me the match because Godzilla proceeded to rip Biollante apart.

Also Moguera is the bane of my existence. I have to keep a Kamakuras swarm in my deck specifically to counter that little bastard because Biollante can't do it herself.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:46 pm If you're talking about the AI, then I agree because this update seems to have made the unit AI absolutely pants-on-head stupid. I've lost at least 3 matches because my monsters ignore the enemy RIGHT THERE defiling my leader despite being within aggro range at the most inconvenient times.
Partly what I mean.

The ignoring of Facilities 1 square over to go f-off anf attack the leader 4 squares over has been a thing since the first season.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Okay, there needs to be a way to tell units what to target, because I'm sick to death of losing matches because Godzilla decides to ignore the big threat right in front of him and attacks the nearby Kamakuras instead. Seriously, why do units seem to target swarms first then other monsters??
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

I love how many units that weren't viable before are now great.

...however, the game is a heck of a lot more pay to win than it was before. I really don't like how much 4 star units outpace other units now once leveled. Should have probably expected this, since the whales in the game were maxing all their main units out. Well now they have much harder (and more expensive $) units that need to be maxed instead.
Breakdown wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:29 pm Okay, there needs to be a way to tell units what to target, because I'm sick to death of losing matches because Godzilla decides to ignore the big threat right in front of him and attacks the nearby Kamakuras instead. Seriously, why do units seem to target swarms first then other monsters??
Isn't the logic basically that they attack whatever attacked them first, and then change their target when a new attacker is introduced? So if your Godzilla was fighting another Godzilla, because the Godzilla attacked first, but then a Kamacuras comes and hits it... well now the Kamacuras is the new target until it's defeated. The only exception is that targeting the leader can sometimes take priority even if they are being attacked by a unit.

I don't think that approach is horrible, and in fact enjoy that it's something that you can exploit because the game needs strategy elements like that.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention that SpaceGodzilla's crystals are a huge exception and take priority in targeting them.
Last edited by Arbok on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Am I missing something, or is SpaceGodzilla just garbage as both a unit and a leader?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:01 pm Am I missing something, or is SpaceGodzilla just garbage as both a unit and a leader?
As a unit... yeah he is garbage. Just use Mechagodzilla.

As a leader he is nothing great but he's fine in the role and can work. His special can come in handy in slowing down your opponents in particular and is cheap.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Haven't done a Pussy Report in a while

Godzilla S.P = Pussy for disconnecting when he got his ass beat

Lalosparta = Pussy for having a dumb name and "somehow" having enough energy to play Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah and Destoroyah within 5 seconds. Gee I wonder how that happened.

Mukman22: same sh it but magically has enough energy to play SP Godzilla, Mothra, Battra, KG and K Swarm back to back to back to back to back. How hard is it to stop these energy cheaters? I don't FUCKlNG GET IT!!!! I'm not buying another dumbass "Godzilla Pass" until this stops.

Oh and the last ten or so matches I've played they all have a fully labeled Ghidorah that kills anything of mine in 1-2 shots. I'm either going to delete this soon or put my phone through the wall. I guess "unlimited Ghidorahs" must be the new cheat. God I wish I could video capture this shit.

Now 15 in a row who have all played Ghidorah as their first move. Compared to last week when maybe 1 out of 10 people used him at all.

Finally got a Mothra bot that just sat there doing dumb stuff (using a train bomb on Rodan?) until they lost. That's all the grades I can unlock for today, thank God. I've never continued to play a game I despise this much just because of the license it has.

Added in 5 minutes 35 seconds:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:01 pm Am I missing something, or is SpaceGodzilla just garbage as both a unit and a leader?
I don't see how anyone is a viable leader except Godzilla and MechaG at this point. The drop rate for leader units is just abysmal. Obviously the cheapasses are getting enough Mothra drops to level her up.... I've only got 2 of her ever. Which is sad, I"m sick of using MG....but Godzilla's damage output as a regular attacker is just too good to lose.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Arbok wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 pm I love how many units that weren't viable before are now great.

...however, the game is a heck of a lot more pay to win than it was before. I really don't like how much 4 star units outpace other units now once leveled. Should have probably expected this, since the whales in the game were maxing all their main units out. Well now they have much harder (and more expensive $) units that need to be maxed instead.
^ This.

#1 and his bitcoin wallet flexing his EVER GROWING 4*'S. Seriously, they always move a level every few days. Enough of bitching for him - I have a list I can post.

Yeah they ROYALLY FUCKED this update hard core. Exodia hands are far more common now, that being KG, Mothra, Energy Base, Terrestris and Battra/KC. Just an instant win.

Level's don't mean jack shit anymore and that's why im taking a break. Level 30 MG? Nah, Level 6 Kong is close enough to him. Why the f' even bother with levels at all now? Just erase levels from the game and have true equality where everything is max stats. A level 5 Ghidorah will get crushed by my Level 11. Whoever, my Level 11 Ghidorah is one hit away from death...so - what - a 6 level difference in a 4* means nothing now? 3*'s are essentually worthless now. BioGoji still see's play as a Win-More ground unit. Rodan/Meggy see play because they are extensive fliers, but WILL GET destroyed by a Ghidorah or Ultima like it's nobodies business. I had a friend's level 5 Ultima swat my 29 Rodan like they were both equal level.

It's fucking insane how a Level 5 4* is equal to like a level 25 3*. It's just sheer lunacy and the people jumping on board for this crap are making the problem worse. Good time for me to take a break from this and hopefully come back when Toho once again restructures the stats.
On a bitter sweet note. There was this - I changed my name too soon... however that's not why.

Toho I guess, either didn't distribute the Top 10 title rewards because, I never got it. Emailed them about it, expecting something eventually...
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So uh, is there ANY way to counter Ghidorah? Nothing I have can put him down without getting oneshotted. Rodan? Dead. Destroyah? Dead. MG? Dead.

The Godzilla Ultima strat I used is becoming less and less viable when all my opponents have higher level monsters that utterly decimate my Terrestris. Seriously, if your opponents sends a BioGoji, Ghidorah and Jet Jaguar you're fucked. No if, ands, or buts. Ghidorah takes out any swarms to bog down enemies and does MASSIVE AoE damage, Jet Jaguar's block basically makes him a temporarily invincible distraction unit, and BioGoji tanks everything thrown at him and oneshots any ground unit that isn't Anguirus or another BioGoji.

I've been going on probably the worst losing steak I've ever had because of how insane some of these 4* combos are. I just BARELY crawled my way to Grand Champion rank and I can barely hold onto the title. I'm probably going to take a break as well. None of my units can keep up with the current meta.

When we said buff the 4*, this isn't what we had in mind lol

Also I fought lalosparta and he's sus af. Everyone else just has hideously overleveled monsters.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Has anyone gotten G21 yet? Is he worthwhile? Or is too early for anyone to have gotten him?

And yeah, agreed on King Ghidorah, though maybe that’s salt on my end because mine’s only level 1 lol.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Breakdown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:51 pm Also I fought lalosparta and he's sus af.
I knew I wasn't imagining it. :lol:

Yet another douchebag who's probably either 107 lbs or 407 lbs and has to compensate for his miserable life by cheating at online phone games.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:51 pm So uh, is there ANY way to counter Ghidorah? Nothing I have can put him down without getting oneshotted. Rodan? Dead. Destroyah? Dead. MG? Dead.
I generally use a combo of Mechagodzilla and Rodan/my own King Ghidorah to take him out. Mothra, Terrestris and the Markalite Cannon are also good answers to him. That said, pretty clear that King Ghidorah, Mothra and Terrestris are way too strong in the current meta.

On a side note... it's crazy that Toho nerfed Hedorah going into this new meta. They could have buffed Hedorah instead and he still would have been pushed out by Mothra who just does his old role a million times better.

Also, while I like the swinging pendulum approach to balancing that makes me continue to use new units... it's also getting sad at how apparent it is that Toho is out of their league when it comes to trying to balance the game. Minilla and Destoroyah are perfect examples, both of which buffed/nerfed at various points and then brought right back to where they were before. I totally expect SpaceGodzilla to get dialed to 11 at some future update after they realize he's not cutting it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:19 pm Has anyone gotten G21 yet? Is he worthwhile? Or is too early for anyone to have gotten him?

And yeah, agreed on King Ghidorah, though maybe that’s salt on my end because mine’s only level 1 lol.
He seem's scary AF but the one time I saw him he got railgunned by Ultima.
Breakdown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:51 pm So uh, is there ANY way to counter Ghidorah? Nothing I have can put him down without getting oneshotted. Rodan? Dead. Destroyah? Dead. MG? Dead.
Any swarm contract leDead instantly. Don't even bother.

MG if he's high enough can hit as hard as a Ghidorah and has about if not more HP. So in a 1v1, he can win. Rodan again, if high enough can out DPS a Ghidorah before dying. The problem lies with EVERYTHING ELSE behind Ghidorah. Mothra with MG can take out Ghidorah and their support if she doesn't get rail gunned by Ultima from the other side of the map.

A semi decent choice is the Markalite Cannon, since that thing got's some decent range and hits like a truck.
Arbok wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:28 pm
Also, while I like the swinging pendulum approach to balancing that makes me continue to use new units... it's also getting sad at how apparent it is that Toho is out of their league when it comes to trying to balance the game. Minilla and Destoroyah are perfect examples, both of which buffed/nerfed at various points and then brought right back to where they were before. I totally expect SpaceGodzilla to get dialed to 11 at some future update after they realize he's not cutting it.
+1. minya is annoying as hell because it has a decent bit of HP and its micro stun is dumb because it skips your attack just long enough for your unit to die to your opponents.

-and yes. Toho is out of their league. The last balance patch was fine, I feel they listened to the mountain of fanmail of people complaining and just brainlet the update. The idea is right, but this level of overcompensation is just absurd.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Another day of cheating pussies!

Trex12 = clearly using unlimited energy. Plays Godzilla Ter. Mothra and Markalite all at once. I'd adore the chance to meet these people in person.

GAMERA9898 = plays Godzilla T, Rodan and MG as soon as the match starts. Still loses because none of them appear to be leveled up at all :D
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Ultima and the Sonde has been my strategy, though as you said, it's kind of contingent on keeping Terrestrias alive.

Overall enjoying the new update, but MAN being thrown in the new meta and struggling to figure out what has and has not work is a bitch

RIP Evan.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Wow, did I just have a horrible streak. Six losses in a row before I pulled one out. All legit, no disconnects. Just straight burials. It was brutal.

Some days you bite the beast, some days the beast bites you.