Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by SpaceG92 »

SHARUNGA I swear to god. You keep bugging my game because you leave too fast and I swear to god if I see you, im going to punch you. You directly ruin a match and set up my next match to either be a waiting contest on who disconnects first or just another instant lose.

Toho CANNOT be faster on patching this. FFS I just want to get 5 more wins so I can overtake 5th again, but no. Keep getting punished and forced to rename myself every few games to avoid this bullcrap.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
OH FOR FUCK SAKES! I KEEP MATCHING WITH HIM!

I swear to god dude i will throw a brick into your fucking window
*Post rage edit, 5 hindsight edits later. All is forgiven if you somehow mail me 2000 G-Crystals to make up for all the renames.

Serious talk now dude, if you are somehow reading this. Don't leave that quick - wait for the match to load then leave or just get steamrolled (same way i do when i match against full 30 decks.), i really dont care but your making me punch a wall. You are also ruining someone else game because this error screws with both players who just sit drooling on the screen waiting. You know what im talking about, I know its happened to you. It's nothing but love off the battlefield and I wish you luck on the ranking climb. You gave me a run for my money early on, one of the few players who could within our ranking range that could.
Arbok wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:17 pm
Breakdown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pmMothra honestly isn't too hard to manage now that my units aren't under-leveled anymore and that the bug with her healing has been fixed.
I agree, but keep in mind you are fighting "under leveled" Mothra leaders. In fact, with player rank factored in, Mothra would have slightly more HP than Godzilla 1989 at the same level.
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:49 pmBeen seeing nonbots using Minya. Apparently he was super powerful on Season 0 - but why? Bigger HP able to taunt a hit but with the downside of damage and stun duration? Bad trade imo.
Minilla used to only cost 2 energy. At that price, he was overpowered thanks to his stun for both defense and helping offense. However, at 4 energy... why bother over using Mechagodzilla 1993 or the MBAW-93?
Well, the Minya thing now makes sense, I guess people just had it leveled and don't want to replace it with something else, which makes no sense.

As for the leader thing. Pound for Pound, BioGoji I think is still the best leader stat wise and I believe Kong is right behind that. BioGoji's stats even when throttled when a Leader are still gross.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 pmAs for the leader thing. Pound for Pound, BioGoji I think is still the best leader stat wise and I believe Kong is right behind that. BioGoji's stats even when throttled when a Leader are still gross.
Ignoring player rank influence, if one looks at just raw damage from a single strike the top 6 leaders are:

1. King Kong 2021
2. Godzilla 1989
3. Battra
4. SpaceGodzilla (tied)
4. Mechagodzilla 1993 (tied)
6. Jet Jaguar 2021 (tied)
6. Gigan 1972 (tied)
6. Biollante (tied)

Taking into account player rank influence, level 1 figures, that list changes to the following:

1. King Kong 2021
2. Battra
3. Godzilla 1989
4. SpaceGodzilla (tied)
4. Mechagodzilla 1993 (tied)
6. Gigan 1972

However, that ignores their attack speed. Taking attack speed into account (ignoring player rank influence), the top 6 leaders for damage per second (damage/seconds to attack) are:

1. Jet Jaguar 2021
2. King Kong 2021
3. Battra
4. SpaceGodzilla
5. Gigan 1972
6. Mechagodzilla 1993

Now if we take player rank influence, level 1 figures, into account it changes to this:

1. Jet Jaguar 2021
2. Gigan
3. Battra
4. SpaceGodzilla
5. King Kong 2021
6. Mechagodzilla 1993

Godzilla 1989 falls just outside of the speed lists, because his attack is on the slower side. However, he does have the benefit of having a ranged attack (aka can hit more than one target at a time). Still in terms of damage per second (DPS) for ranged, Jet Jaguar is surprisingly king and it's all thanks to his attack being notably faster than the other leaders (1.7 seconds, versus Gigan's 2 seconds who was previously the fastest). DPS doesn't tell the whole picture, though, as there is an advantage of striking hard and destroying the unit before it can even launch its first attack.

I will be honest though that player rank influence makes this hard to project. The influence is more pronounced the lower the unit, and some units get a better attack boost than others (Gigan has the best HP and attack boost from the player rank, for example). As a result, it's hard to calculate as there are a lot of scenarios.
Last edited by Arbok on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Sounds like we're getting a 1-player event mode! Stamp function, custom home screen, and an event "Total Advance Battle" against Mothra: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 8062610433
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 am Sounds like we're getting a 1-player event mode! Stamp function, custom home screen, and an event "Total Advance Battle" against Mothra: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 8062610433
an event "Total Advance Battle" against Mothra:
against Mothra:
Mothra
Mothra haters everywhere just had a collective heart attack.

On a more light hearted note, has anyone ever failed spectacularly to execute a Leader ability? I had a match yesterday where a combination of laggy touch screen and poor hand-eye coordination resulted in Godzilla turning 180 degrees and firing his ray behind him instead of the oncoming swarms in front of him :lol:

Also I invented a new "strat" called the "Backdoor Hedorah" that's surprisingly effective. Commit most of your units to one side of the board, then have Hedorah sneak up from the other side. Your enemy will usually be preoccupied with dealing with the legion of doom heading their way to notice Hedorah coming up behind their leader like a serial killer. Works especially well when the enemy leader is already fighting.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Is legendary Godzilla ever getting in? It’s weird they haven’t announced it despite there being a model
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Boy I love repeatedly facing the same cheating player continously. Like no one else is playing? Jesus fucking christ I just want a 1 player story mode. This is why I don't play console games online. You get people with no lives who obsess over a game and find every possible exploit and there's no way to reach over and punch them. What's fun about that? I'd love to know how someone can play 4-5 units in less than 8 seconds. It doesn't charge that fast, period.

There. Finally faced someone who was good but didn't play like a douche. Even if they used train bombs every 20 seconds. Ok so kind of a douche.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 am

On a more light hearted note, has anyone ever failed spectacularly to execute a Leader ability? I had a match yesterday where a combination of laggy touch screen and poor hand-eye coordination resulted in Godzilla turning 180 degrees and firing his ray behind him instead of the oncoming swarms in front of him :lol:

Also I invented a new "strat" called the "Backdoor Hedorah" that's surprisingly effective. Commit most of your units to one side of the board, then have Hedorah sneak up from the other side. Your enemy will usually be preoccupied with dealing with the legion of doom heading their way to notice Hedorah coming up behind their leader like a serial killer. Works especially well when the enemy leader is already fighting.
I do something similar, only with Gigan. He marches with pure single mindedness, like Jason Voorhees. He lacks Hedorah's toxic bonuses, but I like his bloodthirsty attitude.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

What are stamps?
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 am Sounds like we're getting a 1-player event mode! Stamp function, custom home screen, and an event "Total Advance Battle" against Mothra: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 8062610433

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Excelsior wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:45 pm
Breakdown wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 am

I do something similar, only with Gigan. He marches with pure single mindedness, like Jason Voorhees. He lacks Hedorah's toxic bonuses, but I like his bloodthirsty attitude.

I actually just accidentally won using that Hedorah strategy. I had even forgotten I'd played him until I saw him pop up and join Godzilla and Moguera in gang-you-know-whatting Mothra.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lost another 70+ streak because someone had potato internet and locked up the game (but the timer was still counting down!). This lock ONLY HAPPENED after he tagged a hit on me, right before I could on him. How...convenient. Not the first time I encountered this error but it's the most frustrating. I stand by what I said. You SHOULD NOT be allowed to play on bad wi-fi or data because of this. Still frustrating I keep getting punished for something someone else did or was outside my control, the absolute story of my life really. I'll just add another name to "Seal Club" list then for a bit until im over it.

On a brighter note. PVE!! Also my rival for #5 didn't do anything today. Time for me to play an obnoxiously long amount of time to widen the gap. There's also that funky new Leader Glitter deal going on for the next 3 days im not happy about because toho is after my wallet. Oh well, pray for Goji pieces!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:54 pm Lost another 70+ streak because someone had potato internet and locked up the game (but the timer was still counting down!). This lock ONLY HAPPENED after he tagged a hit on me, right before I could on him. How...convenient. Not the first time I encountered this error but it's the most frustrating. I stand by what I said. You SHOULD NOT be allowed to play on bad wi-fi or data because of this. Still frustrating I keep getting punished for something someone else did or was outside my control, the absolute story of my life really. I'll just add another name to "Seal Club" list then for a bit until im over it.

On a brighter note. PVE!! Also my rival for #5 didn't do anything today. Time for me to play an obnoxiously long amount of time to widen the gap. There's also that funky new Leader Glitter deal going on for the next 3 days im not happy about because toho is after my wallet. Oh well, pray for Goji pieces!
Toho attempted to seduce me with the promise of a potential Biollante piece in that leader pack, but I am a holy and pious man and I refuse to give into temptation.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Anyone else run into the glitch where Hedorah just stops doing damage with his projectiles?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Doc Phibes wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm What are stamps?
They're little icons that you can use to semi-communicate during matches: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 5814277123

There'll be a function to turn this on or off, though.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

One strat I've been using with Mothra leaders is dropping the Murder Goose asap before they drop their Godzilla. For some reason, the Godzilla ignores my Rodan and just lumber towards me while Mothra gets her eyes gouged out. It's satisfying as hell.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:10 pm Anyone else run into the glitch where Hedorah just stops doing damage with his projectiles?
Frequently. Difficult to say for sure what causes it, but my best guess is that it has something to do with an intended target dying during his wind-up animation.
In my opinion, of course.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I dont want stamps, just a way to call someone a cheap cocksucker.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 am One strat I've been using with Mothra leaders is dropping the Murder Goose asap before they drop their Godzilla. For some reason, the Godzilla ignores my Rodan and just lumber towards me while Mothra gets her eyes gouged out. It's satisfying as hell.
Holy shit, I've been overcomplicating it this whole time? Luckily for Rodan, Godzilla only targets grounded units, so he'll get his head caved in by Rodan or Megaguirus and just keep on walking.

Been running Godzilla as my lead primarily, my favorite strat so far has been allowing the opponent to send their Godzilla. I'll intercept it with Kamacuras or Rodan or something along those lines to chip away at its HP. Players seem to have a habit of allowing their Godzilla unit's HP to dip below 50%, so once that happens and I have Rodan pecking at his noggin and the Mothra lead tries using their healing scales, I'll use my atomic ray to boost the power of my units (and hit Godzilla if he's close enough), getting a surprise KO right as the healing is kicking in. Worked wonderfully quite a few times so far, but most times I end up just playing the stalling game by summoning Kamacuras, Destoroyah, and MBAWs to preoccupy the healing Godzilla.
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

HannibalBarca wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 am
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:10 pm Anyone else run into the glitch where Hedorah just stops doing damage with his projectiles?
Frequently. Difficult to say for sure what causes it, but my best guess is that it has something to do with an intended target dying during his wind-up animation.
So there's 2 version of it.

#1: Hedorah target something - it dies. Hedorah either
A- Does his animation but nothing happens
B- Fires, but no target to register the damage. No damage
#2: Hedorah targets a unit that JUST SPAWNED, and the damage works, but for some reason the splash doesnt. Takes a second, but it will kick in as soon as he switches targets. This is the most common form I've occured.
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 pm
SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 am One strat I've been using with Mothra leaders is dropping the Murder Goose asap before they drop their Godzilla. For some reason, the Godzilla ignores my Rodan and just lumber towards me while Mothra gets her eyes gouged out. It's satisfying as hell.
Holy shit, I've been overcomplicating it this whole time? Luckily for Rodan, Godzilla only targets grounded units, so he'll get his head caved in by Rodan or Megaguirus and just keep on walking.

Been running Godzilla as my lead primarily, my favorite strat so far has been allowing the opponent to send their Godzilla. I'll intercept it with Kamacuras or Rodan or something along those lines to chip away at its HP. Players seem to have a habit of allowing their Godzilla unit's HP to dip below 50%, so once that happens and I have Rodan pecking at his noggin and the Mothra lead tries using their healing scales, I'll use my atomic ray to boost the power of my units (and hit Godzilla if he's close enough), getting a surprise KO right as the healing is kicking in. Worked wonderfully quite a few times so far, but most times I end up just playing the stalling game by summoning Kamacuras, Destoroyah, and MBAWs to preoccupy the healing Godzilla.
Kamacuras Swarms + letting it get close enough for the leader to DPS is usually enough to maul a Godzilla to death through scales. It's risky, but feels good. If you drop the swarm right on Godzilla, it melts outright. If the Kamacuras form a congo line and try and push each other out the way, you're going to get rocked hard. I usually throw down my own Godzilla and as Maser Tank to make them want to rage quit. If lucky and the Maser's desync in their attack, they can just stun lock the Godzilla and he does not land a single hit back. I know from both on the receiving and giving end of that strategy, but it feels good to use on a Mothra main.

Ol' reliable is Moguera once it's high level, like 26+ if you can get it. I've seen what a 30 moguera can do to a 27 Gigan leader and it's scary. Imagine that on a Mothra D: Murder Goose is great if you have board control or just bait their Godzilla and their follow up. Slam down Genocide Turkey and a Foo Fighter Dog and watch them die. My Caesar is rather underleveled, like 22 but man his charge is just a monster, not to mention his DPS is comparable to Rodan's after a BioGoji hit. He's a keeper for sure.
Breakdown wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:24 pm Toho attempted to seduce me with the promise of a potential Biollante piece in that leader pack, but I am a holy and pious man and I refuse to give into temptation.
Oh man I took the bait. No 4* but that's not really what im after. I managed to bounce Gigan a level from it because it just gives me Gigan pieces, who also isn't what i'm after lmfao. I'd gladly take some Mothra's though D:

Max'd out the Bonus Piggy Bank this season, I suffered from fatigue last season but this season i got most of it in a day. My greed is all consuming, because I want it to be UNLIMITED! or capped at like 100k.

I also managed to get the 3* High Chance Discovery Map and the 2*+ Only Gold Map. I'll post those icons whenever im done grinding or have to fight #3 for 8 matches in a row.
Resized Image
Well, I can stop complaining when I lose a streak now. Goal achieved, it's all down hill from here. I dunno how I should feel, but I kinda feel like a Gabara...
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Right on queue. Rip 134 streak because some sad person had to slap me with an infinite loading error because they canceled the match to fast. Damn, that was going somewhere too, had hopes of beating #1's Streak of like 167. Could have easily done it too. Back to 300% mad again.

Also as promised. The 2 more maps I gathered.

(Silver Map. high chance of finding a 3*)
Highly Rare Expedition Map
Obtained by: Random PvP Arena Win Reward
Other Obtain Methods: ??? (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
*Fun Fact: This one gave me all 3* :s

(Gold Map, All pulls are 2*+)
Highly Mysterious Expedition Map
Obtained by: Random PvP Arena Win Reward
Other Obtain Methods: ??? (Confirmation Needed)
Spoiler:
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

G2021 coming at the end of the month. He continuously fires his atomic ray at you until you drop.

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 5567238147

Last edited by GigaBowserG on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
/crawls back under rock