The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Post by Zasraniec »

Cmon now is the time for another Godzilla game! Does Toho not have faith in the success of one? Right around the release of GvK was perfect. If it didn't happen yet I doubt it is gonna happen anytime soon which is a damn shame. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fighting game although that certainly could work as well. If we are focusing on the Monsterverse it'd probably be best to do something like that anyway.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Zasraniec wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:43 pm Cmon now is the time for another Godzilla game! Does Toho not have faith in the success of one? Right around the release of GvK was perfect. If it didn't happen yet I doubt it is gonna happen anytime soon which is a damn shame. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fighting game although that certainly could work as well. If we are focusing on the Monsterverse it'd probably be best to do something like that anyway.
Toho, I'm guessing, would gladly take a developer's money whether the game is good or not.

I think the issue is that Godzilla games have such a horrible reputation that in today's climate where everything has to be a AAA blockbuster franchise to get greenlit from most publishers, no one is willing to take the chance on shelling out money for the license then having the game bomb.

The solution, of course, is to make a good game.....but so many people have made so many stupid decisions where Godzilla games are concerned...it's amazing it's so hard to make a great game with the license.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Still sad the Pipeworks trilogy never got remastered it would be really cool if even just STE was remastered

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

We got a better chance of a new game than the Pipeworks trilogy getting remastered I figure.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly with all the new incarnations and new kaiju in general coming into this franchise, a new game could have a seriously big roster. We have the MonsterVerse kaiju, Shin Godzilla, Godzilla Earth, Ultima, Salunga, along with all the classic kaiju who still haven't gotten a game appearance yet like Gorosaurus or Zilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Here's to hoping for a game reveal at E3!

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:18 am Here's to hoping for a game reveal at E3!
Heres to more mobile games

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

realinvaderdesign wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Anguirus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:18 am Here's to hoping for a game reveal at E3!
Heres to more mobile games
Most likely....

But I'll still dream of WB games announcing a Monsterverse game. I feel like it's our best shot at a Godzilla game at this point.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am We got a better chance of a new game than the Pipeworks trilogy getting remastered I figure.

Pretty much. Atari would have to go and get the rights again and pay to have the game ported over to new consoles etc and it doesn't look like they wanna spend the money. Best to start fresh.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Chris55 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:40 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am We got a better chance of a new game than the Pipeworks trilogy getting remastered I figure.

Pretty much. Atari would have to go and get the rights again and pay to have the game ported over to new consoles etc and it doesn't look like they wanna spend the money. Best to start fresh.
That's such a shame, but not surprising. Guess we'll have to rely on the fans again, what with STE Overhaul being worked on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UrHsxFCtsc

Their latest update video had Gojirex teasing a bigger roster than the original game when someone commented:

"We're getting a Godzilla Direct?!!!"

Gojirex: "Yep, we fully acknowledge that we're ripping off the Everyone is Here direct. Expect something like that ;)"

That's a bold statement to make, surely they don't mean EVERYONE....right? Cause that's a lot of kaiju to add, I kinda thought they were just going to add Biollante. Very curious to see their end result.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

Gojira95 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:29 pm

That's such a shame, but not surprising. Guess we'll have to rely on the fans again, what with STE Overhaul being worked on.

Their latest update video had Gojirex teasing a bigger roster than the original game when someone commented:

Gojirex: "Yep, we fully acknowledge that we're ripping off the Everyone is Here direct. Expect something like that ;)"

That's a bold statement to make, surely they don't mean EVERYONE....right? Cause that's a lot of kaiju to add, I kinda thought they were just going to add Biollante. Very curious to see their end result.
I'm pretty sure with the "Everyone is Here" line he was referring to more the style of the trailer rather than implying that they are going add every kaiju as they have stated multiple times on Discord the difficulty of creating new characters for the game and to not expect too many new characters to be added, especially in V1 which plans to only add Burning Godzilla and Biollante as new characters.

They even did a poll a few months back to determine which kaiju want to be added in the most, with the top 15 being the ones to most likely be added.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

VGF2615 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:48 am
Gojira95 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:29 pm

I'm pretty sure with the "Everyone is Here" line he was referring to more the style of the trailer rather than implying that they are going add every kaiju as they have stated multiple times on Discord the difficulty of creating new characters for the game and to not expect too many new characters to be added, especially in V1 which plans to only add Burning Godzilla and Biollante as new characters.

They even did a poll a few months back to determine which kaiju want to be added in the most, with the top 15 being the ones to most likely be added.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this, since I don't use discord.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Here's some news:
https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty-wa ... lla-events
Wonder if it's gonna come to pass
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:39 am Here's some news:
Please God, let this not be an indication that Toho giving Activision the right to make Godzilla games

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:10 pm
Please God, let this not be an indication that Toho giving Activision the right to make Godzilla games
Why would they be a less-then ideal choice?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:59 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:10 pm
Why would they be a less-then ideal choice?
1. They put out games that are unfinished
2. They’ll put in many many Micro transactions in the game
3. They be so out of touch, I can guarantee you the game they’ll make will be on mobile game

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If they re-master the pipworks trilogy, they need to do more than just a graphical overhaul. Movie-accuracy is one thing that comes to mind.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

After hearing about the monstrosity that the new Suicide Squad game has become, I don't trust WB with the rights to the MonsterVerse or Classic Godzilla.