Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Chrispy_G »

Just a dream, like my dream that Kraken will port all of the Classic Media DVDs(and their special features) to Blu Ray. That the US will get an official release of the original King Kong vs Godzilla on BR. Like my dream that one day all 29 Pre-Legendary Godzilla films will have their North American rights controlled by one(maybe two) companies...who put out legit Blu Ray releases with audio commentaries and special features and etc.

Like my dream that the 4K remasters of all of the Godzilla film will get official North American releases....
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

This will get released in Japan first probably. Haven't heard anything in a long time. Hope all is going ok.

Added in 18 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds:
I sent Nakajima a message on Facebook not expecting a reply. To my surprise he did respond with disappointing news:
Hello. It seems to take about 3 years more for this movie until completion. Kawakita director planned to sell it by a DVD from Toho before, but completion is behind schedule, and I come at present. Toho is also a recognized work, so if it'll be completed, I consult with Toho.
It does sound like a DVD and hopefully blu ray will happen under Tohos stamp.... But 3 more years. :(
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Cookson wrote:This will get released in Japan first probably. Haven't heard anything in a long time. Hope all is going ok.

Added in 18 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds:
I sent Nakajima a message on Facebook not expecting a reply. To my surprise he did respond with disappointing news:
Hello. It seems to take about 3 years more for this movie until completion. Kawakita director planned to sell it by a DVD from Toho before, but completion is behind schedule, and I come at present. Toho is also a recognized work, so if it'll be completed, I consult with Toho.
It does sound like a DVD and hopefully blu ray will happen under Tohos stamp.... But 3 more years. :(
My reaction.

disappointing news, I was really looking forward to both this and Shin Gojira coming out this summer. I know it's not an official film but it's still sad to hear about two Godzilla movies being pushed back.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The film was started 30 years ago, and originally wasn't even going to be finished until Nakajima saw the overwhelming fan interest in the project in 2013. I don't think it's going to kill us to wait a couple more years.
Last edited by Goji on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Think about it this way. With extra time, Nakajima can focus on quality and make a better film.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

^ Stop making perfectly good points you two, let me be upset about this! :P

But seriously if it means a better final product I'm definitely willing to wait. I'm just excited for this movie because it's a mashup between a classic Showa Godzilla movie and a Werewolf movie, two of my absolute favorite types of movies.
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Just another thing added to my list of "Things to pay for if I win the lottery"
All of the Godzilla films getting their 4K restorations done ASAP
4K Ultra HD Blu Ray releases for every Godzilla film in North America
Complete Godzilla vs The Wolfman, secure North American Blu Ray release
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I wonder what kind of long-term effects could happen if this comes out and is moderately successful on DVD, in Japan or here.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

JVM wrote:I wonder what kind of long-term effects could happen if this comes out and is moderately successful on DVD, in Japan or here.
It could be a sign that Toho is willing to allow and perhaps give limited support to fan projects?

Maybe a few fan productions of Godzilla akin to the Power/Rangers fan film made last year? With the effects at people's disposal for filmmakers at a lower budget, they can get professional looking stuff out there. Or even films that are throwbacks to the 80's and 90's in effects? People have done fan films in the past, but this could inspire more to put more effort if they can get their own seal of approval.

I'm willing to wait for this film.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I'm not trying to sound cynical here, just genuinely curious. What's he doing that's gonna take 3 years?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Nakajima said he's currently "synthesizing" the film. Anyone know what that might mean?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Cookson wrote:Nakajima said he's currently "synthesizing" the film. Anyone know what that might mean?
It means he's editing the movie together, basically.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I'm not trying to sound cynical here, just genuinely curious. What's he doing that's gonna take 3 years?
Editing the movie together and trying to get it released on DVD/Blu Ray probably. My guess is he's doing this in his spare time which is why he thinks it will take so long.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm surprised he hasn't tried getting some crowd funding support for the film

Added in 9 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds:
So a new clip was released today. It's off Godzilla attacking a train only to have the Wolfman show up an ambush him

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Reading the comments for the new video (more cool stuff, BTW!), I spotted a couple of interesting comments from Nakajima:
It's introduced in G-Fest.
Continuation is by an event of a Mark!
I'm not quite sure what he means here, but could he be suggesting that we're still going to get a screening at G-Fest this year?
Joe Duryea wrote:Are you still planning a DVD release?
Shizuo Nakajima wrote:Around Tokyo Olympic Games.
So, 2020 release for this on DVD? A long wait, but if it's a date we can count on I'll take it. ^_^

ProfessorBeats
GPN Volunteer

Post by ProfessorBeats »

If nothing else, I am continually astounded at how friendly this guy is towards all the fans endlessly clamoring for more details. Nothing but the very best wishes for him and this project. I want to see this finished product so badly - three years is a long and cruddy wait, but if I get to see it at SOME point, then that'll be enough for me.
Agent of Seatopia

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

So anything new on a release of this?
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:So anything new on a release of this?
If there was I'm sure people would be talking about it :P
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Says uploader has closed their account...