Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Godzillian »

johnboy3434 wrote:I read a couple years ago that they were in talks with Toho to get this released on DVD once it was finished. I wonder, do the talks involve Toho actually putting their stamp on the release, or are they just wanting Toho to promise not to sue them when it gets an indy release?
Basically the director is on good terms with Toho and wants to see the finished project. If the approve of it they could do a direct to video release of it.

johnboy3434
Monsterland Worker

Post by johnboy3434 »

Godzillian wrote:Basically the director is on good terms with Toho and wants to see the finished project. If the approve of it they could do a direct to video release of it.
Hmm, so we could get an official release of an unofficial film? I don't think I've ever heard of something like that happening before.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

johnboy3434 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Basically the director is on good terms with Toho and wants to see the finished project. If the approve of it they could do a direct to video release of it.
Hmm, so we could get an official release of an unofficial film? I don't think I've ever heard of something like that happening before.
it sounds too "good" to be true
IDK... just sounds weird that it'd happen
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

If it happens, it'd be really great, but who knows.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

He uploaded some new footage to his Facebook, this time the Godzilla suit is the 1964 one as opposed to the 1962 one.
https://www.facebook.com/shizuo.nakajim ... permPage=1
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Wolfman got his ass handed to him. GG, wolf dude.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Honestly the more of the footage I see the less interested I become. Almost everything we've seen has been directly taken from King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla. I was hoping for something new. A nod here and there is fine but come on.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Honestly the more of the footage I see the less interested I become. Almost everything we've seen has been directly taken from King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla. I was hoping for something new. A nod here and there is fine but come on.
It's like Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Godzilla

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Honestly the more of the footage I see the less interested I become. Almost everything we've seen has been directly taken from King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla. I was hoping for something new. A nod here and there is fine but come on.
I pretty much said the same thing back in November and basically got jumped for it.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Yeah, it kinda looks what a Dai Godzilla movie would be like
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

In regards to this new footage released a few weeks ago, I never realized that there were significant scenes involving their Mosu-Goji suit fighting Wolfman (I had some only some stills, but most of the actually footage and clips I had seen from this project involved the Kin-Goji suit.

Also, I recalled some stills of their Mosu-Goji suit with a Baragon suit they made. Any footage involving Baragon? :?:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Baragon was included in an earlier version of the film (which also featured a different design for the Wolfman) which may or may not exist anymore. I was present at both G-Fest panels, and Nakajima never shared any footage from that version.

The Mosu-Goji suit seen in the later version of the film (that's currently in post-production) was crafted because there was apparently a significant amount of time between filming, and the King-Goji (or Kin-Goji, still not sure which is correct) had rotted too much, and was no longer usable.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Re: Wolfman vs. Godzilla

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:In regards to this new footage released a few weeks ago, I never realized that there were significant scenes involving their Mosu-Goji suit fighting Wolfman (I had some only some stills, but most of the actually footage and clips I had seen from this project involved the Kin-Goji suit.

Also, I recalled some stills of their Mosu-Goji suit with a Baragon suit they made. Any footage involving Baragon? :?:
Unfortunately, no. Those clips are from some earlier short films Mr. Nakajima made in the early 70's.
"Beginning in 1972, friends of mine helped me make a few short films to test out our skills.
One film was an early version of WOLFMAN VS. GODZILLA. We also made a film in which the Wolfman fought the monster Baragon from FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD."
I found those quotes in this website: http://www.insearchofmonsters.com/Wolfm ... zilla.html
It's the second green article. In it, Nakajima says the clips are probably sitting around in a old box somewhere.
It would be pretty neat if he could assemble those into a bonus clip on any sort of eventual DVD release or something!

EDIT: Goji beat me to it!
Last edited by GodzillaFanatic2001 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

I'm curious, what do we know about the human plot? From what snippets we've been able to see so far, I've noticed something involving a kidnapping of sorts, which leads into the disco car chase from a couple of pages back. I've also noticed some sort of wolfman statue in one of the scenes: could this be what causes the wolfman curse to start? There is mention in one of the articles concerning the film that there was filming in London. My guess is that something in the plot involves them going to London, perhaps to gain info on the monster a la Frankfurt in FCTW. Are there any other plot ideas anyone can think of?

Edit: I also noticed that in the arctic base attack, one of the buildings Godzilla steps on appears to have a Chinese flag on it. You can see it at 36 seconds in.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9&__tn__=C
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Dead Central ran a article today:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/167653 ... ch-longer/

If TOHO actually releases this and gives it their stamp, to me this movie becomes a official release in Godzilla's history. Who knows, maybe Toho forced Nakajima to pay some kind of licensing fee with no guarantee of release... Toho will then check out the finished product and decide if they will release it. Godzilla's popularity is the highest its been in a long time right now(obviously). This is basically free money for Toho... might as well take it and use it to make another film. Toho should consider this as a "tentpole" type of film.... hell, release it in theaters for 1 or 2 weeks. Advertise it as a Showa film. If it makes 5m... shit, I think that would be amazing. Yes, I know a theater release is going a little overboard, but would be amazing of Toho gave it THAT much of a blessing.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Cookson wrote:Dead Central ran a article today:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/167653 ... ch-longer/

If TOHO actually releases this and gives it their stamp, to me this movie becomes a official release in Godzilla's history. Who knows, maybe Toho forced Nakajima to pay some kind of licensing fee with no guarantee of release... Toho will then check out the finished product and decide if they will release it. Godzilla's popularity is the highest its been in a long time right now(obviously). This is basically free money for Toho... might as well take it and use it to make another film. Toho should consider this as a "tentpole" type of film.... hell, release it in theaters for 1 or 2 weeks. Advertise it as a Showa film. If it makes 5m... shit, I think that would be amazing. Yes, I know a theater release is going a little overboard, but would be amazing of Toho gave it THAT much of a blessing.
That would be friggin awesome as unlikely as it is. Really hoping this does end up getting a DVD release this summer, it would be great to get two new Godzilla movies in the same year! :D
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Toh might release it because of the upcoming movie. It makes sense to take advantage of the popularity and interest.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

GodzillaFanatic2001 wrote:I'm curious, what do we know about the human plot? From what snippets we've been able to see so far, I've noticed something involving a kidnapping of sorts, which leads into the disco car chase from a couple of pages back. I've also noticed some sort of wolfman statue in one of the scenes: could this be what causes the wolfman curse to start? There is mention in one of the articles concerning the film that there was filming in London. My guess is that something in the plot involves them going to London, perhaps to gain info on the monster a la Frankfurt in FCTW. Are there any other plot ideas anyone can think of?
Well, one of the interviews said that the movie is partly inspired by An American Werewolf in London, which was a pretty dark and gory '80s Horror film. As I mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, based on the bits of story we've heard and the clips we've seen, I suspect the first half or first third of the story might be a similarly dark and bloody Horror film, with a main character transformed into a werewolf and all the usual tropes. Then, when Godzilla appears later and the Wolfman grows gigantic, it transforms into a more '60s/'70s style Godzilla movie.

On paper it sounds like some people may experience tonal whiplash while watching. ^_^() Hopefully they were able to bring the two ideas together well.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Maybe this was the 'big things' the Kraken Releasing exec was teasing in that one interview?

It would be very wild to see this officially released and licensed for Blu Ray here in the states. They could pull an entire "Lost film!" marketing campaign, have a little making of featurette that covers the legacy and history of the film. Could become a crazy little addition to Godzilla film history.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Chrispy_G wrote:Maybe this was the 'big things' the Kraken Releasing exec was teasing in that one interview?

It would be very wild to see this officially released and licensed for Blu Ray here in the states. They could pull an entire "Lost film!" marketing campaign, have a little making of featurette that covers the legacy and history of the film. Could become a crazy little addition to Godzilla film history.
OMG my heart would EXPLODE! :lol:

I'm not expecting that, I figure Kraken was implying that they were trying to get GvMG'74 and Son of Godzilla. But if they got Wolfman vs. Godzilla...! :shock:

No...no...just a dream, just a dream...