Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla Aqualitis covers the first question.

I'd like to see that take on MG. Let's see MG as an alien rather than being built by them.

I can't see Varan ever being back on screen, but this would have to be the way to do it if it was.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. MG started out as an alien killing machine for conquest, only to get re-built by humanity for defense after being defeated?
2. Yumiko Shaku played a villainous role?
3. They developed more ultra-low temperature (ULT) weaponry against kaiju? For example, a bomb that freezes any given radius down to absolute zero.
4. A female human character who was a journalist as well as a black belt? I am thinking Yuri Tachibana from GMK and Gigan's Tomoko Tomoe rolled into one.
5. They recycled a few ideas and storylines from the later Showa era? For example, alien invaders building a kaiju-themed amusement part as a cover-up for their invasion plan?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

^I'm cool with all of those. Good suggestions!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I imagine Shaku as a corrupt power-broker. Like a female version of those two guys in MvG '64.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:53 pm HWYFI :

1. MG started out as an alien killing machine for conquest, only to get re-built by humanity for defense after being defeated?
2. Yumiko Shaku played a villainous role?
3. They developed more ultra-low temperature (ULT) weaponry against kaiju? For example, a bomb that freezes any given radius down to absolute zero.
4. A female human character who was a journalist as well as a black belt? I am thinking Yuri Tachibana from GMK and Gigan's Tomoko Tomoe rolled into one.
5. They recycled a few ideas and storylines from the later Showa era? For example, alien invaders building a kaiju-themed amusement part as a cover-up for their invasion plan?
1. Sounds like it would make a good twist in a movie.
2. I have trouble seeing her in such a role, but I'm sure she could pull it off.
3. The first Gamera film featured a weapon that temporarily froze the giant turtle. Of all the weapons used against kaiju, this would not only be effective, but also keep casualties down. I'm surprised more films haven't tried the idea.
4. I can just see the scene; Our characters get caught by the henchmen, and the guy moves forward to fight. Our female reporter then pushes him back and kicks the henchmen's asses. She then smiles and says, " I'm a blackbelt."
5. I'd like to see that.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA....

- If in a future instalment Godzilla or most kaiju in general were human creations via genetic modification only to go rogue?
- One of the Brodys returned in the MonsterVerse?
- DC making Godzilla comics and even hsving a crossover with its heroes?
- In a future instalment, there was a plot twist that the humans are actually really tiny/shrunken and the kaiju are only as big as us?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:29 am HWYFA....

- If in a future instalment Godzilla or most kaiju in general were human creations via genetic modification only to go rogue?
- One of the Brodys returned in the MonsterVerse?
- DC making Godzilla comics and even hsving a crossover with its heroes?
- In a future instalment, there was a plot twist that the humans are actually really tiny/shrunken and the kaiju are only as big as us?
I wouldn't be against it. Matter of fact, that was what the 1994 Tristar draft went with when it came to Godzilla's origins, so it's not like it hasn't been thought of before.
Ehhh, sure, why not?
Sounds cool. I mean why not, Godzilla already crossed paths with Marvel. :lol:
Sounds dumb. No thanks.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. More films were willing to tackle Japan’s troubled past with its neighbours, particularly Korea?
2. A film featured a divorced couple like in GvM ‘92 and KOTM ‘19? I imagine father raising the child alone, whereas the mother was off working in the military dealing with Kaiju, much like Captain Iruma of Ultraman Tiga fame. We already had two divorced couples with a daughter, so I think a son should be featured next time.
3. Going off of #1, a Godzilla film tackled local injustices within Japanese society?
4. They showed one human character giving another romantic pep-talk?
5. They made more Kaiju based off of Asian mythology, i.e a 9-tailed fox?

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

HWYFA

Toho announced an official North American distribution partner for all of their Godzilla/Kaiju films in the same way Mill Creek got all of the Ultraman series?

Obviously the US produced movies would still be with those studios, but everything else rolled under one label.

Would be a dream come true
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:48 pm HWYFI :

1. More films were willing to tackle Japan’s troubled past with its neighbours, particularly Korea?
2. A film featured a divorced couple like in GvM ‘92 and KOTM ‘19? I imagine father raising the child alone, whereas the mother was off working in the military dealing with Kaiju, much like Captain Iruma of Ultraman Tiga fame. We already had two divorced couples with a daughter, so I think a son should be featured next time.
3. Going off of #1, a Godzilla film tackled local injustices within Japanese society?
4. They showed one human character giving another romantic pep-talk?
5. They made more Kaiju based off of Asian mythology, i.e a 9-tailed fox?
1 and 3. It wouldn't be the first time Godzilla has handled social problems, so I'm for it.
2. It all depends on how the relationship between them effects and influences the story. Just shoehorning a family drama into the film doesn't always work.
4. Could be a good scene, or comic relief if nothing else.
5. I'd like to see that.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How would you feel if :

1. A future film featured Gigan with a radical new redesign like in GFW, then brought back in a sequel with an upgraded form resembling his classic Showa look?
2. Mothra was given a retractable proboscis like a real moth?
3. They recycled the idea of Ghidorah's comatose body being found on planet Venus as in the original script to GVKG?
4. Going off my last post, what if a human-rebuilt MechaGodzilla faced off against another Mechagodzilla of alien design?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 pm How would you feel if :

1. A future film featured Gigan with a radical new redesign like in GFW, then brought back in a sequel with an upgraded form resembling his classic Showa look?
3. They recycled the idea of Ghidorah's comatose body being found on planet Venus as in the original script to GVKG?
4. Going off my last post, what if a human-rebuilt MechaGodzilla faced off against another Mechagodzilla of alien design?
1. I would personally just combine the two ideas. Have a more cyborg-modern look like GFW but with a more colorful green and yellow coloring like the Showa design.
2. I would dig it. I like the organic insect weapons the MV Mothra was given so more options would be cool.
3. Could be interesting. Ties into the cosmic horror of encountering forces mankind cannot comprehend leading to shit hitting the fan Ghidorah would fit well. Especially if it turns out the corpse isn't so dead.
4. Think more than one Mechagodzilla in one film might be too much Mechagodzilla but won't reject the possibility.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 pm How would you feel if :

1. I'd personally do the reverse. First, you depict Gigan like he was in the Showa era. Later, you can have an upgraded and stronger Gigan.
2. I don't see why not.
3. I like that idea. You could get some interesting plot ideas from that.
4. I'm not sure how to do that story wise, but I can see it working. You'd definitely have an epic fight.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. A story where Godzilla starts off a force for good (like MV Goji) but he becomes an enemy of mankind when they kill off some creature(s) close to him. Like a baby Godzilla, his family or an ally like Anguirus.
This almost played out in GTAS sorta.
2. Godzilla becomes public domain overnight for some reason, and soon every major fictional series has a version of him. Talking superhero movies, fantasy shows, cartoons.
3. An evil Ultron-like Jet Jaguar.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:43 pm 3. An evil Ultron-like Jet Jaguar.
Only if James Spader voices him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:43 pm 1. A story where Godzilla starts off a force for good (like MV Goji) but he becomes an enemy of mankind when they kill off some creature(s) close to him. Like a baby Godzilla, his family or an ally like Anguirus.
This almost played out in GTAS sorta.
2. Godzilla becomes public domain overnight for some reason, and soon every major fictional series has a version of him. Talking superhero movies, fantasy shows, cartoons.
3. An evil Ultron-like Jet Jaguar.
1. I'd like it.
2. As much as I despise how IP works and how its abused, I feel like if Godzilla became Public Domain he'd be cheapened and lose his nuance (just look at how Dracula and Frankentein have next to nothing with their book incarnations).
3. Cool, especially if they made use of his grin to be creepy. Perhaps he starts taking extreme measures at first thn progresses to worse and worse.

Added in 18 minutes 55 seconds:
HWYFA....
1. Toho trying their hand at bunraku puppetry to portray Godzilla?
2. Gorosaurus was reimagined as a giant flightless bird a la a cassowary or a terror bird? (and yes, he'd still be a dinosaur.)
3. A Godzilla fan seriesin tghe analogue horror genre?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

1. Not going to happen with the current Toho regime, but I would be 150% on board for that if it ever was attempted. Almost anything that brings kaiju back to their practical effects roots is good with me, and this would be a very interesting approach we've never seen before.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. I don't know if it would work, but I'd want to see it tried. I would want to know how it looks.
2. Terror bird all the way.

Some of my own...
1. Hwyfa some of the GTS kaiju being used, or being used as basis for, kaiju in films?
2. Hwyfa a kaiju film that included zombies; Say the kaiju had some toxin that turned people undead?
Last edited by edgaguirus on Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. Gorosaurus was re-imagined as a giant Drepanosaur as opposed to a theropod dinosaur? For those of you who don't know, they were a family of tree-dwelling reptiles with sickle-shaped thagomizers at the end of their tails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drepanosaur

Here's an image I've found of how it could look : Image

Here's the rest :

2. They re-introduced the Godzilla Tower as a disguise for MechaGodzilla?
3. They had more kaiju battles that took place somewhere other than Earth?
4. Time-travel was given a second chance?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

HWYFA: The following characters being mechs in some future story instead of their usual "species": Gigan, Zone Fighter, Megalon & Zigra