Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
godjacob
Futurian

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by godjacob »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:28 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 pm How would you feel about a Evil Godzilla incarnation that also has personality.
Doesn't GMK fit the bill? He's specifically malicious, targeting a screaming woman with an atomic breath and even dramatically swinging its tail at a hospital victim after she thought she was safe.
Oh poop yeah I forgot about that. It’s been a long time since I ever looked at the film ever.

Added in 4 minutes 52 seconds:
Actually I never watched the film, I only watch clips of it
It's all right happens, though if you want a sample.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

godjacob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:38 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:28 pm

Doesn't GMK fit the bill? He's specifically malicious, targeting a screaming woman with an atomic breath and even dramatically swinging its tail at a hospital victim after she thought she was safe.
Oh poop yeah I forgot about that. It’s been a long time since I ever looked at the film ever.

Added in 4 minutes 52 seconds:
Actually I never watched the film, I only watch clips of it
It's all right happens, though if you want a sample.
Yeah I remember that scene but I also remember Godzilla also smirking as well in this video but maybe I just remembered it differently.

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
Also can I rephrase my post? I want to do it but I feel like it’s spam

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

How would you feel if

1. Godzilla in future movies what is evil and also shown more personality and characterized like GMK

2. America made another Godzilla film but this time he is the antagonist

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:56 pm How would you feel if

1. Godzilla in future movies what is evil and also shown more personality and characterized like GMK

2. America made another Godzilla film but this time he is the antagonist
1. I’d be down for that.
2. Pretty much the same as above.

HWYFI villainous kaiju took up heroic or neutral roles in the future? Gigan, Megalon, etc.?
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. There was a version of King Ghidorah in which he was not given eyes? It would make him seem more alien and would make sense for a creature that spends most of its time flying through the pitch-black void of space.

2. Toho took the “Predecessor Villain” trope (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... sorVillain) and applied it to Death Ghidorah and King Ghidorah? It could come across as a more clever-written version of how both were handled in the ROM trilogy.

3. How would you feel if there was another storyline that depicted a war between Earth and an alien race in which both sides had access to mind-control technology and both used it to weaponize Kaiju? I know it’s kind of been done before in DAM, but I’m thinking that both sides get their share of monsters under their control over the passage of time. I think there’s a ton of potential to explore the ethics of mind-control. On top of it all, you could even go the extra mile to treat it like an actual war-story, since that was the inspiration for this genre in the first place.

4. Managaka Hajime Iseyama worked on a Godzilla-related project?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

HWYFI a movie is set in a world where humans have mostly genocided the monsters using mechas ala MechaG and MOGUERA and only Godzilla and a select few remain.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:58 pm HWYFI a movie is set in a world where humans have mostly genocided the monsters using mechas ala MechaG and MOGUERA and only Godzilla and a select few remain.
Seems like a reverse POV of the Anime Trilogy where monsters have nearly whipped away all of humanity. I can dig the concept, though the execution would have to be better handled than the aforementioned Anime Trilogy

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:50 pm HWYFI :

1. There was a version of King Ghidorah in which he was not given eyes? It would make him seem more alien and would make sense for a creature that spends most of its time flying through the pitch-black void of space.

2. Toho took the “Predecessor Villain” trope (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... sorVillain) and applied it to Death Ghidorah and King Ghidorah? It could come across as a more clever-written version of how both were handled in the ROM trilogy.

3. How would you feel if there was another storyline that depicted a war between Earth and an alien race in which both sides had access to mind-control technology and both used it to weaponize Kaiju? I know it’s kind of been done before in DAM, but I’m thinking that both sides get their share of monsters under their control over the passage of time. I think there’s a ton of potential to explore the ethics of mind-control. On top of it all, you could even go the extra mile to treat it like an actual war-story, since that was the inspiration for this genre in the first place.

1. Sounds weird.
2. Would've been cool.
3. Sounds cool with good writing and a well chosen Kaiju roster.
4. Sounds cool!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:58 pm HWYFI a movie is set in a world where humans have mostly genocided the monsters using mechas ala MechaG and MOGUERA and only Godzilla and a select few remain.
This would be an interesting story with a few possibilities. Maybe have the disappearance of the monsters allow for another dangerous species to rise, or for nature to change in some way that makes man realize the monsters were there for a reason.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

HWYFA...

...Any of the various Godzilla comics/manga/novels/video games being adapted into films?
...A 'coming-of-age' story for Godzilla, when he's growing up as a juvenile and he's not yet the King of the Monsters and has to earn that title by defeating the then-current King?
...King Kong becoming a semi-regular guest in the Godzilla series as a whole and him meeting other Toho monsters, like Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah?
...King Ghidorah either battling Mechagodzilla or teaming up with them to take down Godzilla?
...A space opera story with the Xiliens/Kilaaks/Simeons/Nebulans all together?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Gerdzerl wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 am HWYFA...

...Any of the various Godzilla comics/manga/novels/video games being adapted into films?
...A 'coming-of-age' story for Godzilla, when he's growing up as a juvenile and he's not yet the King of the Monsters and has to earn that title by defeating the then-current King?
...King Kong becoming a semi-regular guest in the Godzilla series as a whole and him meeting other Toho monsters, like Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah?
...King Ghidorah either battling Mechagodzilla or teaming up with them to take down Godzilla?
#1. Feel unnecessary, but most of the comics never really impressed me all that much. Heck there's KWCs I'd prefer seeing made into something over comics material. If I had to choose though I'd take the Trilopods Arc from ROE as a movie or anime. & Maybe Godzilla in Hell revamped.
#2. Fits the Monsterverse I think, let's do it!
#3. Someone had already mentioned this in this thread. It's still a good idea. :kingkong1962:
#4. I like the idea of Godzilla and Mechagodzilla Vs some Ghidorah.
#5. Garogas too or bust. But I do like space operas with multiple alien factions. Star Trek comes to mind. Might be great if the Toho races could get as much development as aliens from that series have.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

How would you feel about

Godzilla and King Ghidorah teaming up against a greater threat

Finding out that all Kaiju are from space along time ago in MV

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:10 am How would you feel about

Godzilla and King Ghidorah teaming up against a greater threat
Indifferent. As long as it's a foe actually worthy of an Enemy of My Enemy scenario.
No. Unimaginative & detracts from Ghidorah.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gerdzerl wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 am HWYFA...

1. Would not be against it. The Trilopod arc of Rulers of Earth could make a fun movie and a different kind of foe for Godzilla to face.
2. Makes me think of "Walking with Dinosaurs: Kaiju Edition" or a psuedo remake of Son of Godzilla. I dig it.
2. I would love for more Kong, and given his popularity in the MV can easily see him meeting other big names.
4. Sort of like Mortal Kombat's Deadly Alliance, I think they'd be a formidable pair.
5. Eh, I think this mainly works if you use a new alien race as the POV against this alignment of evil races.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:10 am How would you feel about

Depends on how you handle it. There are theories that life was seeded on this planet by meteorites and comets, so you might work with that: An object carrying genetic material from a base kaiju hit what would become the HE and caused the Titans to be created.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Voyager wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:06 pm HWYFI villainous kaiju took up heroic or neutral roles in the future? Gigan, Megalon, etc.?
Interesting. Megalon could work better at that, seeing as he's the guardian of Seatopia.

Added in 39 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:50 pm HWYFI :

Interesting would see, interesting, would see, interesting would see, don't know them don't care

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Hajime Iseyama is the author of Attack on Titan. Anyways, here’s some more :

HWYFI :

1. Toho made more Two-part Godzilla films?
2. A future anniversary film celebrated the anniversary of G54, but the anniversary of another iconic entry? I.e Mechagodzilla ‘74. GKOTM was essentially an anniversary-based remake of GTTHM.
3. If Varan was brought back and given the same treatment in the unused 1995 script?
4. The Infant Island Natives made a comeback?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:46 pm ^Hajime Iseyama is the author of Attack on Titan. Anyways, here’s some more :

HWYFI :

1. Toho made more Two-part Godzilla films?
2. A future anniversary film celebrated the anniversary of G54, but the anniversary of another iconic entry? I.e Mechagodzilla ‘74. GKOTM was essentially an anniversary-based remake of GTTHM.
3. If Varan was brought back and given the same treatment in the unused 1995 script?
4. The Infant Island Natives made a comeback?
1. If they're good or entertaining films, I don't mind.

2. Personally, I think MG is used a little too much, but it would be a good way to honor the mech.

3. I feel Varan should get another shot.

4. If they are handled with respect, yes.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

How do you feel about

An incarnation of burning Godzilla being called Scorch Godzilla

All Kaiju bow down to Godzilla not out of respect but out of fear

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

..........Scorch Godzilla???