Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm ^Okay, thanks. Here’s my bundle of “how would you feel” questions :

1. How would you feel if the Heisei series got a soft reboot starting with an entry that follows up upon the first 2 films, while ignoring the events of the 90’s films?

2. How would you feel if Toho set up its own streaming service?

3. How would you feel if Toho took advantage of Kong going full Public Domain in 2029 and turned him into a series regular alongside Mothra and a Ghidorah?

4. How would you feel if Toho made a live-action Godzilla TV series of their own if the Apple Streaming series is successful?
1. Ehh… no thanks, I rather have the soft reboot that follow up on GvD, even though it was sort of the perfect end of the Heisei era

2. I wouldn’t really care, seem like everyone is having streaming service so it wouldn’t really surprise for me, the only reason I would sign up on the service is because that they guaranteed have all of the old Godzilla movies from every era with others Kaiju movies that they made, idk if they include Monsterverse movies, probably not since it on HBO max

3. It would be interesting to look at, right now Toho is being very experimental with their product now in days, so it would be interesting to see what they do with Kong
Spoiler:
Shin Kong anybody
4. I would take a look at it, to see what kind of stories it is and what they do with the monsters. As I said Toho is being very experimental with their product, so it would be interesting to look at their unique incarnation of other Kaiju.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I have another batch of questions :

1. How would you feel if the Heisei-era kaiju were brought back to the silver screen and done justice with modern effects technology?

2. How would you feel if Godzilla was given echolocation abilities?

3. How would you feel if a future Godzilla design was modeled after the unused Debont Godzilla?

4. How would you feel about Toho rebooting The Mysterians?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. Done justice? I thought the Heisei kaiju looked fine effects wise. With CGI, Biollante's vines attacking a foe might look better, but I have no problems with what G vs Biollante gave us.

2. Other aquatic animals use it, so why not Godzilla? If Godzilla was hunting an enemy in deep water with little light it would make perfect sense.

3. I have no objections to the design.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:58 pm I have another batch of questions :

1. How would you feel if the Heisei-era kaiju were brought back to the silver screen and done justice with modern effects technology?

3. How would you feel if a future Godzilla design was modeled after the unused Debont Godzilla?

1. I've been advocating this for years, now. Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla need a break, and Destoroyah and Space Godzilla both have the capacity to fill Big Bad roles themselves. I'd love to see Battra's chaotic neutral position explored in an ongoing series as he struggles to protect Earth from humanity, grey-area kaiju like Godzilla or Rodan, and full evil Big Bads.

2. Meh. I could take it or leave it.

3. Nah.

4. I still need to see the original before I can formulate an opinion. I have the DVD, and I'll probably get to it somewhere in the next two years or so.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:58 pm I have another batch of questions :

1. It entirely depends on the "done justice" part. I'm not interested in seeing them end up like Polygon Mechagodzilla or S.P Rodan. If they are handled well, I'm all for it.

2. I guess it makes sense for a creature that spends a lot of time in deep water? No strong feelings on it.

3. I'm good with that, as long as it spends the majority of it's time in a vertical stance.

4. Maybe, Moguera needs to be in it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

How would you guys feel if Toho decided to bring back some of the old scrapped monsters?

Not even the more famous ones like Bagan and Ghost Godzilla, could be any of them.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am How would you guys feel if Toho decided to bring back some of the old scrapped monsters?

Not even the more famous ones like Bagan and Ghost Godzilla, could be any of them.
Contrary to what I said in another thread, there is one condition I’d want Varan back.

In his scrapped, Apocalyptic form.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:13 pm
Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am How would you guys feel if Toho decided to bring back some of the old scrapped monsters?

Contrary to what I said in another thread, there is one condition I’d want Varan back.

^Agreed 100%. What attributes would you give him?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:23 pm
Voyager wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:13 pm

^Agreed what attributes would you give him?
Maybe a psychological power; an impending sense of dread. Whenever Varan is near, the characters, monsters and even the movie itself feel a sense of dread. Like, they can’t function properly, and have panic attacks and whatnot. Maybe he could have mind control, and control people and kaiju to do his bidding.

Not a Godzilla character without some form of crazy attack. So, I’d give him the ability to spew huge amounts of toxic gas. Sort of like Shin Godzilla with his smoke and flames. He’d use this to clear out cities of people, as the toxin would kill them instantly, and would spread like wildfire, drowning the city in a black gassy fog. He’d use this to fight Godzilla too.

Godzilla defeats Varan by realising the gas is flammable only when Varan is spewing it, so he fires the atomic breath at the gas just escaping Varan’s mouth, which combusts, setting Varan on fire, burning him alive.

The Monster of Justice gives Varan what he deserves, and only leaves a charred corpse of the apocalypse kaiju.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

"Scrapped apocalyptic form"?

Can someone explain this?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm "Scrapped apocalyptic form"?

From Godzilla vs Giant Monster Varan.

He was going to be the Harbinger of the Apocalypse.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^The one downside to the whole toxic gas thing is that Godzilla could defeat him pretty much in an instant if it's flammable.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:28 pm ^The one downside to the whole toxic gas thing is that Godzilla could defeat him pretty much in an instant if it's flammable.
Godzilla never tries to shoot the gas up until he sees the gas create a small explosion near a burning car.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I posted my questions here

1. How would you feel if people melt when standing next to Godzilla due to the High levels of radiation.

2. How would you feel if King Ghidorah evolve that is similarly depicted in Shin Godzilla. Like from something to unrecognizable to recognizable.

3. How would you feel if there were a survival/horror game (like the Forest) that takes place on Skull Island.

Sorry about my broken English.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm I posted my questions here

1. How would you feel if people melt when standing next to Godzilla due to the High levels of radiation.

2. How would you feel if King Ghidorah evolve that is similarly depicted in Shin Godzilla. Like from something to unrecognizable to recognizable.

3. How would you feel if there were a survival/horror game (like the Forest) that takes place on Skull Island.

1. Only if it were a very dark movie where imagery like that would be appropriate.

2. Was just suggesting this myself the other day. Something like the Blob or Irys would be cool, where he starts out small and seemingly harmless, and then just gets progressively larger and more dangerous.

3. Sure, why not.

What is your first language, out of curiosity?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:58 am

1. Only if it were a very dark movie where imagery like that would be appropriate.

2. Was just suggesting this myself the other day. Something like the Blob or Irys would be cool, where he starts out small and seemingly harmless, and then just gets progressively larger and more dangerous.

3. Sure, why not.

What is your first language, out of curiosity?
English

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

1. Horrified. 2. I'd be cool with that. 3. Oh yessss.

Added in 3 minutes 50 seconds:
Now my turns: How would you feel about:

1. Godzilla as a giant flightless bird akin to a penguin?
2. A more heroic and well-intentioned intepretation of Megalon who's just defnding his home, Seatopia?
3. A Godzilla live show using the same kind of big puppets in Walking With Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm "Scrapped apocalyptic form"?

From Godzilla vs Giant Monster Varan.

He was going to be the Harbinger of the Apocalypse.
I personally would rather see a brand-new "apocalyptic" monster rather than completely reinventing a generic monster like Varan, but that's just me.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:25 am Added in 3 minutes 50 seconds:
Now my turns: How would you feel about:

1. Godzilla as a giant flightless bird akin to a penguin?
2. A more heroic and well-intentioned intepretation of Megalon who's just defnding his home, Seatopia?
3. A Godzilla live show using the same kind of big puppets in Walking With Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular?
1. DeviantArt kaiju design philosophy taken to the next level, huh? Trying to keep Godzilla a dinosaur while acknowledging the last few decades of paleontology and while keeping some of his core traits intact? I applaud the creativity, but I don't ever want to see this abomination happen. Well... no, it would actually be worth it just to watch the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the fandom.

2. Megalon works best as a villain. We have enough underutilized heroic kaiju as it is, no need to shoehorn anyone else into that role.

3. Might be cool, but not really my thing.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. Like in The Giant Behemoth? I think it might be better to show it in another way. After a rampage, show people with burns, whitened hair or hair loss, and other signs of radiation poisoning. Having a hospital full of radiation victims would have a greater sense of dread.

2. I could see that. Start as a one headed beast, and then turn to the three headed dragon we know.

3. Skull Island is the perfect location for such a game.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.