Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:37 pm ..........Scorch Godzilla???
Look man I thought it was a cool name

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:55 pm How do you feel about

An incarnation of burning Godzilla being called Scorch Godzilla

All Kaiju bow down to Godzilla not out of respect but out of fear
I mean we've had Burning and Fire Godzilla so Scorch is not off the table.

Personally think Volcanic Godzilla would be a nice name.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Another idea just popped into my mind : Godzilla's nuclear-powered heart starts becoming unstable, like in '95 and it causes him to suddenly pass out from time to time. Realizing that impending threat of a potential nuclear meltdown, the JSDF operates on Godzilla's comatose body and replace his (presumably) fission-based heart with a fusion-powered artificial heart. This idea is met with much controversy, as many see the removal of Godzilla's heart as an opportunity to leave him for dead. But others who are ideologically pro-Godzilla i.e Miki Saegusa or G2000's Shinoda provide counterarguments as to why they feel the beast should be spared. It would make a great moral dilemma for the cast to work through.

In any event, an artificial heart is implanted in Godzilla, and features a satellite based-tracking device and a fail-safe that will make it shut down in case Godzilla goes rogue. What does end up happening is that using radio-waves from both the artificial heart and the satellites, humans are able to manipulate the course of Godzilla's homing instinct as seen in '84 and essentially control him (albeit very rudimentarily). That way they can prevent him from heading towards populated areas and even weaponize him against other kaiju. Such a storyline could eventually explore the ethics of such a practice because it essentially strips a living being of free will.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

How would you feel about a mockumentary-style Kaiju film. One based on like some researchers exploring the natural ecosystem of a "real life" Kaiju in the same vain as like Walking with Dinosaurs?

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYA if in a future Godzilla film your home city was featured in it?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:50 pm HWYA if in a future Godzilla film your home city was featured in it?
Hell yes to that

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:50 pm HWYA if in a future Godzilla film your home city was featured in it?
Yes, I want to see Godzilla tearing through the countryside, burning farms to the ground. Leave no ounce of corn untouched!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:38 pm Another idea just popped into my mind : Godzilla's nuclear-powered heart starts becoming unstable, like in '95 and it causes him to suddenly pass out from time to time. Realizing that impending threat of a potential nuclear meltdown, the JSDF operates on Godzilla's comatose body and replace his (presumably) fission-based heart with a fusion-powered artificial heart. This idea is met with much controversy, as many see the removal of Godzilla's heart as an opportunity to leave him for dead. But others who are ideologically pro-Godzilla i.e Miki Saegusa or G2000's Shinoda provide counterarguments as to why they feel the beast should be spared. It would make a great moral dilemma for the cast to work through.

In any event, an artificial heart is implanted in Godzilla, and features a satellite based-tracking device and a fail-safe that will make it shut down in case Godzilla goes rogue. What does end up happening is that using radio-waves from both the artificial heart and the satellites, humans are able to manipulate the course of Godzilla's homing instinct as seen in '84 and essentially control him (albeit very rudimentarily). That way they can prevent him from heading towards populated areas and even weaponize him against other kaiju. Such a storyline could eventually explore the ethics of such a practice because it essentially strips a living being of free will.
This is a fantastic idea.

As for Godzilla appearing in my home city, absolutely.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I am pleased how my last idea was received. Now for some more :

HWYFI :

1. A Godzilla film (or kaiju in general) had a female human antagonist? The I know it's technically happened in the Showa era, but the Kilaaks were aliens and Katsura wasn't acting according to her own free will. I am thinking such a character who is entirely human and acts bad on her own accord. If so, what occupation would she have? I envision her as a female version of Katagiri from G2000.

2. A film that had a whole swarm Mothras, larvae and imago alike?

3. Akira Kubo was brought back and played a "cool grandpa" type of character?

4. Toho found a way to wean itself off of relying so heavily on the likes of Mothra, Ghidorah and MechaG?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:47 pm ^I am pleased how my last idea was received. Now for some more :

HWYFI :

1. A Godzilla film (or kaiju in general) had a female human antagonist? The I know it's technically happened in the Showa era, but the Kilaaks were aliens and Katsura wasn't acting according to her own free will. I am thinking such a character who is entirely human and acts bad on her own accord. If so, what occupation would she have? I envision her as a female version of Katagiri from G2000.

4. Toho found a way to wean itself off of relying so heavily on the likes of Mothra, Ghidorah and MechaG?
1. We sort of got that with GKOM, though they flipped her to being good in the third act. I would not be against it, all for equality far as villains go. Could imagine some sort of special Kaiju division, maybe a new age ANEB or something.

2. Hum, I think Mothra works best solo or when it is a mother with a pair of kids. Would prefer Megaguirus if you wanted a swarm of bug Kaiju.

3. Oh I would love this!

4. Much as I love those guys I would like for new monsters and other Kaiju to get some shine. Always open to more exposure of the wide Godzilla roster.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:47 pm ^I am pleased how my last idea was received. Now for some more :

HWYFI :

1. We also had one in G3, but like KOtM, she had a change of heart. I don't care if a villain is female or male as long as they're well written.

2. If Mothra was portrayed as a small kaiju facing a far bigger one, then it might work.

3. I'd like to see that.

4. I'm all for new kaiju.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I know someone brought up Ayana from G3, but she fits more into a "villain-protagonist" role. I think it would be refreshing to see a female (human) antagonist who remains a foil to the heroes throughout.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well there's the hot crazy psychic chick.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 pm Well there's the hot crazy psychic chick.
In Singular Point I presume?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Gamera 3
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:21 pm Gamera 3
Are you talking about Ayana or Kurata's partner?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Um, the latter. Remember she claims to be a psychic or fortune teller. She's the one who really wants to use Irys, Kurata just wants to watch it all burn.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. Godzilla used another kaiju and a meat-shield against Gigan?
2. A legit Godzilla/Batman crossover occurred in comic-book form?
3. If Toho did a major buyout of another company and which one should it be? Most likely likely a popular domestic animation studio and re-purpose it for their own in-house animation. Toei did the same thing with Nippon Doga in 1956 and now we have Toei Animation.
4. How would you feel if Toho developed a Hollywood branch?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:19 pm HWYFI :

3. If Toho did a major buyout of another company and which one should it be? Most likely likely a popular domestic animation studio and re-purpose it for their own in-house animation. Toei did the same thing with Nippon Doga in 1956 and now we have Toei Animation.
1. So oddly specific. Sure?
2. Yes please.
3. I don't know.
4. Meh.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
HWYFI a new Godzilla had a conclusive, happy ending? Like DAM.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:54 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:19 pm HWYFI :

1. So oddly specific. Sure?
2. Yes please.
3. I don't know.
4. Meh.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
HWYFI a new Godzilla had a conclusive, happy ending? Like DAM.
I'm assuming you mean on the Toho side of things, cause things tend to end on a positive note in the MV films for the Big G.

Honestly I just kinda want a new Toho Godzilla to be more of the good/anti-hero side again. I appreciate this experimental phase they do but having 3 villain Godzilla incarnations in a row could use a shake up.