Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. Gamera winning if a Godzilla Vs Gamera movie were made?
2. Zone Fighter retuning in an animated sequel to the 1973 show?
3. If Godzilla & Mothra faced off three monsters at the end of Final Wars, Gigan + Orga, Or Hedorah, &Or Monster X. Or even the four aforementioned aliens here.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:33 am 1. Gamera winning if a Godzilla Vs Gamera movie were made?
3. If Godzilla & Mothra faced off three monsters at the end of Final Wars, Gigan + Orga, Or Hedorah, &Or Monster X. Or even the four aforementioned aliens here.
1. Young me would have been absolutely butthurt, but me now would be fine - if done well.
2. Neat idea.
3. Ohleeyifdunwel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:33 am 1. Gamera winning if a Godzilla Vs Gamera movie were made?
This is basically like asking how we would feel about an armadillo being cast as Batman in the next reboot. It's so far away from the realm of possibility that there's no point in even forming an opinion.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I mean I think Gamera would win anyways so I'd be good with that.
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:14 pm Okay, I have some more :

1. How would you feel if Toho made more Godzilla media that dealt with conflicting factions of people who were split between ideologically pro- and anti-Godzilla as part of the human angle? Neither side will be depicted as strictly wrong or right with both having understandable motivations for their cause. It has been done before in the franchise with varying degrees of success.

2. How would you feel if Ebirah was given the same ability as a pistol shrimp? For those of you who don't know, look it up.

3. How would you feel if Godzilla had a son via lab-cloning?

4. How would you feel about an incarnation of Mechagodzilla who starts out as an alien-killing machine, only to get re-build and re-purposed by humans for defense?
1. With the right story, you could do it. It has the potential for some interesting characters and situations.

2. I'd love to see it. Any kaiju facing Ebirah underwater would be in trouble.

3. It's an interesting idea. You could use it to explore the ethics of science and using living creatures for human purposes.

4. They did the same thing with the mind control tech in DAM. It sounds good, and we'd get some sort of big fight from it.

As for Gamera beating Godzilla, it makes sense if you show Godzilla as the villain. And the song says that Gamera always wins.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

1. I would be little upset about this because I am Godzilla fanboy, but overtime I’ll accept it
2. Would be cool to see though I never saw the original series
3. I think I would like it more than the final results because it would’ve give some monsters from the past more action to breathe.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

1. Meh. As long as Godzilla’s the villain.
2. Yeah! As long as it adheres to the Showa timeline.
3. Bit random with no context, but I wouldn’t mind it.

HWYFI we get a shark kaiju?

HWYFI we get a futuristic Godzilla movie set in a world ruled by technology. Sort of like Polygon’s Mechagodzilla city but it’s not a mech and not necessarily antagonistic.

HWYFI a Ghost Godzilla esque story was chosen for an upcoming Toho film? Maybe as a sequel to G54? Or even a continuation to a previous established timeline.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Voyager wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:07 pm HWYFI we get a shark kaiju?

HWYFI we get a futuristic Godzilla movie set in a world ruled by technology. Sort of like Polygon’s Mechagodzilla city but it’s not a mech and not necessarily antagonistic.

HWYFI a Ghost Godzilla esque story was chosen for an upcoming Toho film? Maybe as a sequel to G54? Or even a continuation to a previous established timeline.
I think the idea of a shark kaiju is epic, so i have no complaints!

Toho actually tried that with Godzilla vs. Asuka Fortress. I think the concept was neat, so i wouldn't mind if they did it again.

Nah. I think the Ghost Godzilla concept isn't really needed anymore.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:07 pm HWYFI we get a shark kaiju?

1. I’m would gladly take it, we really need more of aquatic kaiju
2. I have haven’t thought about but I’m all in of it
3. Depends on direction they’re going with

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

*Zigra and Knifehead have left the chat*

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:09 pm *Zigra and Knifehead have left the chat*
Honestly can Knifehead really count as a shark kaiju? I mean yeah his head looks like a goblin sharks, but beyond that, he's really not all that identical.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

[deleted]
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:09 pm *Zigra and Knifehead have left the chat*
I get Zigra but that’s 51 years ago and can Knifehead really be counted here?
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:07 pm
I do think the idea of Ghost Godzilla is worth re-visiting. I imagine it be during the final battle of a multiverse-related storyline in which Kiryu (or at least a variant Kiryu if it operates of Spidey NWH logic) goes through one of his power-downs, only to be re-charged by the soul of Akane upon performing a kamikaze. The soul of G54 will be the one in control, with Akane's acting as the power-source for the machinery that makes up the physical body. Both souls will be working together.

Soon enough, through the spiritual power of Akane, G54 is able to regenerate from within the metallic Kiryu body in the same way the WWII were able to re-grow Godzilla in the GMK timeline and soon enough, ShodaiGoji transforms into an ethereal state and defeats the big bad. I'm pretty sure I have posted this idea before, but I just thought I'd say it again. As long as they have a good story of which to include the idea, how would you feel about it?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Knifehead is close, but okay, I'll concede that he's not really a shark kaiju proper.

How about the Meg? Yeah, Megalodon was a real animal, but the movie version being a bloodthirsty killing machine from a nonsensical deep-ocean ecosystem makes it pretty borderline, I'd say.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:26 pm
I do think the idea of Ghost Godzilla is worth re-visiting. I imagine it be during the final battle of a multiverse-related storyline in which Kiryu (or at least a variant Kiryu if it operates of Spidey NWH logic) goes through one of his power-downs, only to be re-charged by the soul of Akane upon performing a kamikaze. The soul of G54 will be the one in control, with Akane's acting as the power-source for the machinery that makes up the physical body. Both souls will be working together.

Soon enough, through the spiritual power of Akane, G54 is able to regenerate from within the metallic Kiryu body in the same way the WWII were able to re-grow Godzilla in the GMK timeline and soon enough, ShodaiGoji transforms into an ethereal state and defeats the big bad. I'm pretty sure I have posted this idea before, but I just thought I'd say it again. As long as they have a good story of which to include the idea, how would you feel about it?
Wait what? Akane committed a kamikaze? Why would she?
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:52 pm

As part of a move to weaken the big bad.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:26 am

Seems very out of character. Akane just has one pure hate and that's for Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:35 am

Seems very out of character. Akane just has one pure hate and that's for Godzilla.
Her kamikaze would not be motivated by selfish and suicidal reasons like Haruo in the Polygon films. Plus, in GXMG, she flat-out said that she was not afraid to die. Maybe if you got the full context of the story I have in my mind, perhaps you’d understand more.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:06 am
Voyager wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:35 am

Her kamikaze would not be motivated by selfish and suicidal reasons like Haruo in the Polygon films. Plus, in GXMG, she flat-out said that she was not afraid to die. Maybe if you got the full context of the story I have in my mind, perhaps you’d understand more.
And literally the entire point of GxMG is Akane realizing that her single minded view of her life as worthless if she can't kill Godzilla is WRONG and she should value her life, which is how she wakes up Kiryu in the end: by reaching out to his spirit and saying "you have worth outside of the weapon they want you to be.".

Maybe you should understand the context of the movies you're trying to write a sequel too first.

RIP Evan.