Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by edgaguirus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 pm HWYFA: The following characters being mechs in some future story instead of their usual "species": Gigan, Zone Fighter, Megalon & Zigra
I once designed a Zigra like mech from Lego. It had a submarine like body, but the head, tail, and dorsal fins of Zigra.

I could easily see Gigan and Megalon as full mechs.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

HWYFA: A psychological thriller Kaiju flick, one where the monster that is on screen might not even be real and it is more about the psyche of the characters?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:26 am HWYFA: A psychological thriller Kaiju flick, one where the monster that is on screen might not even be real and it is more about the psyche of the characters?
I like the idea

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:52 am
godjacob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:26 am HWYFA: A psychological thriller Kaiju flick, one where the monster that is on screen might not even be real and it is more about the psyche of the characters?
I like the idea
Imagine if that was the case with Godzilla.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Maybe it could be a Night of the Living Dead scenario where you have a kaiju attack going on and a bunch of strangers stuck in a shelter together, reacting in different ways and potentially ending up in conflict. Pacific Rim gave us kind of a taste of this, and it would be cool to see it expanded upon.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:38 pm Maybe it could be a Night of the Living Dead scenario where you have a kaiju attack going on and a bunch of strangers stuck in a shelter together, reacting in different ways and potentially ending up in conflict. Pacific Rim gave us kind of a taste of this, and it would be cool to see it expanded upon.
That would be sick - I'd love to see a film like that.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

^ That sounds like a good idea.

HWYFA a Kafka like situation where a kaiju fan wakes up and discovers he/she has become a kaiju and finds out the reality of being a giant beast?

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How would you feel if :

1. They made another Godzilla film that incorporated elements of a spy-thriller?
2. Toho did more co-productions with American companies like how they did with UPA back in the Showa era?
3. Toho re-adapted the legend of Yamato Takeru? Or even any Japanese legend for that matter?
4. Toho made more original female monsters?
5. Toho had Godzilla go from villain to hero again like in the Showa era, but this time it served a greater thematic significance?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. The following monsters had a venomous bite:
Ghidorah
Zilla
Biollante
2. If the next Monsterverse movie has 'Giant Monsters All Out Attack' in the title? Something like: Godzilla Kong Giant Monsters All Out Attack.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. Jet Jaguar started out as an innovative toy robot? The JSDF would take note of the toy's success and request the toymaker to borrow his product's image to model a anti-kaiju weapon after. Said toymaker reluctantly agrees and soon enough, the military will also use JJ's image for monetary gain, not just defense. Such a scenario could make way for good commentary on war-profiteering.

2. They showed Godzilla roaring right next to somebody, causing them to go deaf?

3. They should glass shattering on buildings as Godzilla and another kaiju strike each blow in a fight?

4. They showed Kong using his signature jaw-breaker finishing move on one of Ghidorah's heads?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:37 pm HWYFI :

1. Jet Jaguar started out as an innovative toy robot? The JSDF would take note of the toy's success and request the toymaker to borrow his product's image to model a anti-kaiju weapon after. Said toymaker reluctantly agrees and soon enough, the military will also use JJ's image for monetary gain, not just defense. Such a scenario could make way for good commentary on war-profiteering.

2. They showed Godzilla roaring right next to somebody, causing them to go deaf?

3. They should glass shattering on buildings as Godzilla and another kaiju strike each blow in a fight?

4. They showed Kong using his signature jaw-breaker finishing move on one of Ghidorah's heads?
1. Sounds quite interesting I might like it. Though I don't find Jet the most interesting character to begin with.
2. Sounds cool, would make sense.
3. Showed*
If done right it could look cool. Just as long as it's not overdone/overused.
4. Not particularly interested in seeing those two Kaiju fight.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Yet people do seem to consider SP's take on JJ to be a brilliant re-imagining regardless of how I feel. Also, Having Kong face off against Ghidorah, or any A-list kaiju would be a nice break from always pitting Godzilla himself against them.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:37 pm HWYFI :

1. I like the idea. Having the man be a pacifist could also add some punch to it.

2. We had half of that in G98, but the hearing loss would make it seem more realistic.

3. Not sure about that.

4. If those two were paired for a fight, it'd be a highlight of the battle.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 pm How would you feel if :

1. They made another Godzilla film that incorporated elements of a spy-thriller?
2. Toho did more co-productions with American companies like how they did with UPA back in the Showa era?
3. Toho re-adapted the legend of Yamato Takeru? Or even any Japanese legend for that matter?
4. Toho made more original female monsters?
5. Toho had Godzilla go from villain to hero again like in the Showa era, but this time it served a greater thematic significance?
1. Neat idea.
2. I'd like it.
3. I'd love it. My ideal one would be Jiraiya, just like The Magic Serpent back in 1966.
4. That would be nice.
5. Depends on what theme it would be.

Added in 1 minute 44 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 pm HWYFI :

1. Gorosaurus was re-imagined as a giant Drepanosaur as opposed to a theropod dinosaur? For those of you who don't know, they were a family of tree-dwelling reptiles with sickle-shaped thagomizers at the end of their tails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drepanosaur

Here's an image I've found of how it could look : Image

Here's the rest :

2. They re-introduced the Godzilla Tower as a disguise for MechaGodzilla?
3. They had more kaiju battles that took place somewhere other than Earth?
4. Time-travel was given a second chance?
1 sounds interesting if left-field.

I would like 2-4.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MG disguised as a tourist attraction would be an interesting move.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 pm HWYFA: The following characters being mechs in some future story instead of their usual "species": Gigan, Zone Fighter, Megalon & Zigra
I don't see any real problem with that. Gigan and Megalon are halfway there already.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

HWYFA
1. A real Godzilla(or Gamera) crossover with Evangelion, a canon appearance of the big G or other kaiju in that series. :shingodzillapurple:
2. A Godzilla appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ft Dr Demonicus maybe. :g2k:
3. A Godzilla appearance in the DCEU. :Superman:
4. Rodan dies in the next Monsterverse movie permanently. :Rodan56:
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:43 am HWYFA
1. A real Godzilla(or Gamera) crossover with Evangelion, a canon appearance of the big G or other kaiju in that series. :shingodzillapurple:
2. A Godzilla appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ft Dr Demonicus maybe. :g2k:
1. Love it.
2. Would be interested in it.
3. I'm surprised WB never did anything like that already.
4. Only if done well.

HWYFA....
1. If GvK was more more pro-Godzilla and ended with him outright winning?
2. A Godzilla film set in Russia and taking aim (however subtly) at Putin's regime?
3. A work about Rodan, Anguirus, and Varan getting seperated from Godzilla and working together to fight off monsters?
4. If Toho still had rights to Kong by the time of DAM and he was in the final battle?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:55 am
1. Love it.
2. Would be interested in it.
3. I'm surprised WB never did anything like that already.
4. Only if done well.

HWYFA....
1. If GvK was more more pro-Godzilla and ended with him outright winning?
2. A Godzilla film set in Russia and taking aim (however subtly) at Putin's regime?
3. A work about Rodan, Anguirus, and Varan getting seperated from Godzilla and working together to fight off monsters?
4. If Toho still had rights to Kong by the time of DAM and he was in the final battle?

1. I mean, that's what happened. The fact they both teamed up against MechaG doesn't dilute the fact that Godzilla won for me. I don't think I'd want to do without the mecha in this movie . If say Kong was killed by Godzilla I think that'd make more sense as I never knew Godzilla to be especially merciful. Though what we got was very cool & keeps Godzilla in a positive light to the general audience.

2. They should do it. Especially if they're well versed in some of the worst things about the current Russian regime .

3. *Shrug* that might be cool. Though I'm not longing for the spotlight of any of those monsters as much as some fans.

4. That would be cool! Though if anything I would've preferred to have seen Manda, Baragon & Rodan to have been even more involved in the fight. Kong I almost feel I would've liked to have seen die to Ghidorah. Give the villain at least one kill. It'd be almost appropriate as Kong has died tragically several times over the years.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

1. Make it animation and I am fully on board with this. Unironically think a Shin x Evangelion Crossover that isn't a theme park ride would be hype.
2. I mean not sure how legally one could make this work, but I wouldn't protest this.
3. See I want to like this, given Warner Bros owns both and I love the DCU but the DCEU is a bit of a mess without even a coherent universe of its own. So wouldn't be as exciting.
3. Nah I like Rodan this is just mean lol