Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by edgaguirus »

How would you feel about Gamera getting a MechaGamera?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:19 pm How would you feel about Gamera getting a MechaGamera?
Let's keep this Toho-related.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:02 pm
edgaguirus wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:19 pm How would you feel about Gamera getting a MechaGamera?
Let's keep this Toho-related.
Toho has distributed several Gamera films at this point, and in recent decades crew from the two series have crossed over significantly.

I think a MechaGamera could be a cool concept, if done in a light-hearted, kid-oriented, or just kind of pulpy and old-fashioned movie.
Last edited by eabaker on Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I actually think I wouldn't want to see a "Mecha Gamera." However, an original robot adversary would be welcome for sure.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue May 10, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Long as it's a clunky nuts n' bolts retro sci-fi mecha. Pure soul.
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How would you feel if...

1. There was a elseworld-type storyline that put Godzilla in a JRPG-inspired high fantasy setting?
2. Godzilla defeated a foe by snapping their neck?
3. A storyline where an aging Godzilla tutored a younger member of his species as his successor akin to The Mask of Zorro? Animals forming a friendship in nature is not something unheard of.
4. Genndy Tartakovsky made a Godzilla cartoon?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm How would you feel if...

1. There was a elseworld-type storyline that put Godzilla in a JRPG-inspired high fantasy setting?
2. Godzilla defeated a foe by snapping their neck?
3. A storyline where an aging Godzilla tutored a younger member of his species as his successor akin to The Mask of Zorro? Animals forming a friendship in nature is not something unheard of.
4. Genndy Tartakovsky made a Godzilla cartoon?
2. I've always imagined Godzilla fighting a sauropod type kaiju, and this would be the best way to dispose of such a foe.

3. If someone were to do a film based around SOG, then this would be a possible plot for it.

4. A Godzilla cartoon done in the style of Primal would be welcome.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI :

1. There was an incarnation of Ghidorah in which his "heads" weren't actually heads per say but retractable tendrils like a graboid?
2. There was a Godzilla Vs Rodan film with Rodan emerging as the victor?
3. Toho recruited a biology/evolution enthusiast to write for a Godzilla project?
4. Someone managed to pull off a crowd-funded fan-made animated series of Godzilla?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed May 25, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:30 pm HWYFI :

1. There was an incarnation of Ghidorah in which his "heads" weren't actually heads per say but retractable tendrils like a graboid?
....what?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

1. I don't think so. I like experimentation, I like the idea of making Ghidorah more alien, but this is too much. He's the Three Headed Monster, it's right there in the name. You can't mess with something that fundamental.

2. Shut up and take my money.

3. Sounds risky, but maybe.

4. I tend to have little or no interest in fan films or animations, but if it's actually good, I'll take it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:30 pm HWYFI :

2. There was a Godzilla Vs Rodan film with Rodan emerging as the victor?
3. Toho recruited a biology/evolution enthusiast to write for a Godzilla project?
4. Someone managed to pull off a crowd-funded fan-made animated series of Godzilla?
1. Maybe. It might be interesting to see Ghidorah use them as decoys so its real body/head doesn't get attacked.
2. If you show Godzilla as the villain.
3. It would depend on their ideas. I don't mind accurate science in a kaiju film, but too much realism can be a detriment.
4. I'd take a look at it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:29 am 1. I don't think so. I like experimentation, I like the idea of making Ghidorah more alien, but this is too much. He's the Three Headed Monster, it's right there in the name. You can't mess with something that fundamental.
As long as said tendrils act both in form and function to heads, I don’t think it would be that controversial. On the alien side, they would seem like heads to an Earthling’s perspective.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:50 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:29 am 1. I don't think so. I like experimentation, I like the idea of making Ghidorah more alien, but this is too much. He's the Three Headed Monster, it's right there in the name. You can't mess with something that fundamental.
As long as said tendrils act both in form and function to heads, I don’t think it would be that controversial. On the alien side, they would seem like heads to an Earthling’s perspective.
I'll give it a very tentative maybe. I'd have to see it in action.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Here's some Anguirus related questions because I found some interesting things about him that were scrapped while searching the web..

How would you feel if a future incarnation of Anguirus was colored green? (This was apparently what the 1955 suit was painted as)

How would you feel if a future incarnation of Anguirus made his carapace be able to split apart again?

How would you feel if a future incarnation of Anguirus brought back the ability for him to use Godzilla's atomic breath?.. and yes, this almost happened. It's in some promotional photos.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

As a fan of Anguirus, it doesn't matter what color he is. It'd be nice just to see him on screen again.

I'd like to see this serve some function if done. Let's say he uses this splitting carapace to make some kind of sound that is used to intimidate a foe.

No. I like Anguirus as a t and c kaiju.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nothing wrong with green. I'd be fine with that.

Anguirus, and especially his carapace, should be one solid piece. Splitting the thing open seems like it would compromise the core of his defense.

Godzilla should probably hang on to his own signature weapon. I would prefer that Anguirus stay as no-frills as possible, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if he was given a beam of some sort. It should be something fitting, though, not just a generic laser.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

How would you feel about:

1: Godzilla fighting a kaiju vastly larger than himself in a movie? As in, Magita or Zogu from Ultraman Gaia tier gigantic.

2: A Godzilla that is outright a demon, not just angered spirits coalesced like GMK or something akin to one like Ultima, but straightforwardly a vile entity from an underworld Godzilla?

3: Mothra being depicted as an absolute giant even compared to other kaiju, like she would be if you had her at 1961 OG movie size next to Showa Godzilla?

4: A high fantasy Godzilla movie?

5: A space opera Godzilla movie?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:40 pm How would you feel about:

1: Godzilla fighting a kaiju vastly larger than himself in a movie? As in, Magita or Zogu from Ultraman Gaia tier gigantic.

2: A Godzilla that is outright a demon, not just angered spirits coalesced like GMK or something akin to one like Ultima, but straightforwardly a vile entity from an underworld Godzilla?

3: Mothra being depicted as an absolute giant even compared to other kaiju, like she would be if you had her at 1961 OG movie size next to Showa Godzilla?

1. Hasn't it been done before? Size isn't that drastic but Godzilla has tangled with Biollante who has dwarfed him. I feel that is the right amount of bigger than Godzilla to make it imposing without making Godzilla seem too small.

2. I mean given all the other Godzilla origins we have I'd say go for it.

3. Not sure making Mothra bigger makes the character better. I would pass.

4. I would be for this.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

1. No. Godzilla and kaiju generally are meant to be, y'know, big. That's another one of those very fundamental traits. They're immense, impossible, godlike beings that dwarf us and defy our scientific understanding. They should never be dwarfed themselves, and putting them up against something like Magita changes their whole dynamic. They end up feeling like superheroes fighting a giant monster, but unlike superheroes, they aren't designed for it. Batman or Spider-Man or Cyborg can take on a giant monster because they are lightweight little humans with human or better mobility. They can dodge, they can run, they can jump, they can climb or swing or fly. So they keep moving around this larger threat and chipping away at it with their powers. Godzilla can't do any of that. He's a slow, ponderous living mountain designed to fight things in his own size range or smaller. You put him up against Magita, you get one of two outcomes: Magita one-shots, or Magita looks like an incompetent chump for not one-shotting. Who wants either of those?

2, 4, 5: Yes to all.

3: See #1.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. I don't think this would work. As has been pointed out already, Godzilla has fought foes larger than himself, but are still at a size that can be successfully fought. Zogu and Magita size would be too much for him alone.

2. It would be an interesting experiment.

3. It depends on how it was handled. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I like Mothra as an underdog that isn't the biggest or toughest creature, but still holds her own in combat.

4. yes.

5. Yes. It sounds fun and exciting.

Now two of my own...

HWYFA Godzilla facing a kaiju that can become invisible?

HWYFA a prequel to the Monsterverse films, say showing the ancient people and cultures that worshipped and feared the titans?