Unused/Delete scenes

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
redmonsterbaragon
Ronin

Re: Unused/Delete scenes

Post by redmonsterbaragon »

The scene where America attacks Godzilla that was cut from the japnese release of Godzilla vs mothra

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I had forgotten about the alt scenes from Destroyah and went to look them up to refresh my memory (I had an old VHS with those ages ago) and I found the clip on Youtube and wasn't sure if there was audio so I unmuted and I guess my computer was too loud but suddenly REALLY loudly, Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" began playing. I guess whoever uploaded it added that in and yeah, uh, kinda took away from the emotional conclusion of that cut scene lol.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

redmonsterbaragon wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 pm The scene where America attacks Godzilla that was cut from the japnese release of Godzilla vs mothra
That wasn't a delete scene. It was a scene that Toho made exclusively for the U.S. release.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

A scale model of the Goji-sized Kannon statue at Takasaki was built for King Kong vs. Godzilla, but it wasn't seen in the finished film. Gunma Prefecture's tourist guide to the statue.

Resized Image

Someone else will have to supply a screenshot from the film, but you see almost this exact angle below as Godzilla approaches the high-tension wires. I don't know the context of this deleted footage, but my guess is that Godzilla passes it on his way up the hill as he leaves behind his ambitions of stomping Tokyo. Considering its religious significance (as I understand it, signifying mercy), I can't imagine Godzilla destroyed it.

Resized Image

There are a few more pictures of the Kannon model out there, but these are the only two I still have on my old hard drive.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.