The Most Evil Alien Race?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Choose 4!

The Mysterians
7%
The Natarls
No votes
The Xilieans (Showa)
8%
The Kilaaks
6%
The Space Amoeba
2%
The Nebulans
1%
The Seatopians
No votes
The Garogas
13%
The Black Hole Planet 3 Simians
7%
The Megans
1%
The Futurians
4%
The Dianii
1%
The Leviathan Aliens
5%
The Millenians/Orga
1%
The Xilieans (Final Wars)
12%
The Vortaak
5%
The Devonians
1%
The Cryogs
2%
The Exif
20%
The Bilusaludo
2%

Total votes: 84

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

The Most Evil Alien Race?

Post by Gojira1604 »

Which race of interstellar invaders had the most sinister motives or at least most brutal methods? Honestly a lot of them employed similar tactics but the Anime trilogy's aliens suprisingly stand out with their twisted dedication to tech OR the void god Ghidorah. :xilien:

Voyager
Keizer

Re: The Most Evil Alien Race?

Post by Voyager »

The exif. Plain and simple.

If this were favourite however, the Simian’s would take it. Just a bunch of goofy space militarist monkeys.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The Vortaak pillage planets (and I think enslave the populace if I remember the opening of DAMM correctly) just because, the Garoga literally live on a planet made of pure evil, the Dianii endanger millions for the sake of a good hunt, and the Megans don’t really seem to have much of a good reason for their warmongering.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

There are a couple of races in the franchise that contend for that but I gotta say that the Exif take the cake. Their entire philosophy and dedication to void noodle revolves around a complete devaluing of life an existence as a concept which automatically makes them all the more ruthless and uncaring.

The Xilliens are also rather shifty, although their goals are understandable manipulating and lying to earth just to bring in an inside attack was as occupationally charged of a move as it gets.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean the Simeans are in a real tight spot. They only have 2 real options, either find a new planet or die with theirs. Yeah it doesn't excuse their actions but their motives are understandable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Most of the aliens are either just imperialists or desperate to survive because they're screwed up their own planets. Sometimes a combination of both. As people are saying, the Exif are really obvious, but I'd make the argument that the Gargoas are worse, or at least on even/approachable footing. I know a lot of people haven't seen Zone Fighter, but basically the Gargoas are ultra genociders who stop at pretty much at nothing to get their goals, including killing each other and children through an assortment of dirty and underhanded tactics. The Exif are bad, but really they don't do anything as gruesome as some of the stuff that the Gargoas do.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised you included the Seatopians but not the People of Mu- they're similar in that, while not technically extraterrestrials, they fulfill a similar role as conquering outsiders. I'd consider the the People of Mu pretty evil since, unlike the Seatopians, they initiated aggressions and seemed to be doing just fine in terms of survival; they merely decided that the entire Earth belonged to them.

Like others, I'd have to go with the Exif but I'll admit there's a few on here I'm not familiar with- the Garoga, as @LSD Jellyfish describes them, sound pretty evil and seem to share an omnicidal outlook with the Exif.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:04 am Garoga bad yaddah yaddah yaddah.
So… you’re telling me Garogas are space-Nazis?
For Emperor and Empire!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

The Garogas are indeed pretty devoid of any positive/sympathetic traits...but their sheer incompetence, not to mention goofy designs, prevent me from deeming them credible threats. I had a really hard time believing they were somehow capable of destroying a planet more advanced than Earth. But hey, it's a kid's show.

We're never given any reason for the Natarls invading in Battle in Outer Space. As far we know, they're just assholes that want to colonize Earth. Ditto the Kilaaks.

Absent are the Hell Empire/Messiah 13 aliens from The War in Space. While not very well fleshed-out (Nor are they from a particularly good movie), I always did find them a pretty menacing presence, certainly giving off a good "conqueror" vibe with their Roman aesthetic. They make brief references to their planet dying and deciding on Earth as their new home, but hell, how certain are we of that? They could just be another race hellbent on colonizing us for our resources.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I voted for the Exif because unlike all of the others on here, they appear at first to be genuinely benevolent. Most of the other races here are overtly hostile or only play the "good alien" role until it's no longer necessary. The Exif stick with it to the very end because they genuinely believe what they're doing is the will of god, and so do the other races they brainwash. It's the whole insidiousness that puts them above the rest, not to mention their god is a reality warping, extradimensional entity that is pulling their strings.

Having recently re-watched Planet Eater, this cements my vote. That scene where they're summoning Ghidorah is disturbing in the fact that these people are BEGGING to be killed by Ghidorah thinking it's salvation.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The Mysterians were the only ones in this list based off of a real group who committed real crimes (just look up how many women were raped by occupied American soldiers in Japan during the 40s 50s), so they easily take this.
Spoiler:
"In The Allied Occupation of Japan by Takemae Eiji, Eiji states:

"Crimes and misdemeanors

Relations between occupier and the occupied were not smooth initially. US troops comported themselves like conquerors, especially in the early weeks and months of occupation. Misbehavior ranged from black-marketeering, petty theft, reckless drinking and disorderly conduct to vandalism, assault, arson, murder and rape. Much of the violence was directed against women, the first attacks beginning within hours after the landing of advance units. In Yokohama, Chiba and elsewhere, soldiers and sailors broke the law with impunity, and incidents of robbery, rape and occasionally murder were widely reported in the press. When US paratroopers landed in Sapporo, an orgy of looting, sexual violence and drunken brawling ensued. Gang rapes and other sex atrocities were not infrequent. Victims of such attacks, shunned as outcasts, sometimes turned in desperation to prostitution; others took their life rather than bring shame to their families. Military courts arrested relatively few soldiers for these offences and convicted even fewer, and restitution for the victims was rare. Japanese attempts at self-defense were punished severely. In the sole instance of self-help that General Eichelberger records in his memoirs, when local residents formed a Vigilante group and retaliated against off-duty, Eighth Army ordered armored vehicles in battle array into the streets and arrested the ringleaders, who received lengthy prison terms.

According to newspaper accounts, GI's committed 931 serious offences in the Yokohama area during the first week of occupation, including 487 armed robberies, 411 thefts of currency or goods, 9 rapes, 5 break-ins, 3 cases of assault and battery and 16 other acts of lawlessness. In the first 10 days of occupation, there were 1,336 reported rapes by US soldiers in Kanagawa Prefecture alone. Americans were not the only perpetrators of such crimes. A former prostitute recalled that as soon as Australian troops arrived in Kure in early 1946, they ‘dragged young women into their jeeps, took them to the mountain, and then raped them. I heard them screaming for help nearly every night’. Such behavior was commonplace, but news of Criminal activity by Occupation forces was quickly suppressed. On 10 September 1945, SCAP issued press and pre-censorship codes outlawing the publication of all reports and statistics ‘inimical to the objectives of the Occupation’.""
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

humans

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

realinvaderdesign wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:58 pm humans
I rolled my eyes. Then I stared.

Also this is about Alien races. Homegrown humans aren’t allowed. And besides, what in the Godzilla series have we done to warrantee a spot higher than the Garogas or exif.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:18 am Also this is about Alien races. Homegrown humans aren’t allowed.
We’re aliens to other planets though. :P
And besides, what in the Godzilla series have we done to warrantee a spot higher than the Garogas or exif.
World War 2 is at least confirmed to be something that happened within the scope of that series.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:03 am
Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:18 am Also this is about Alien races. Homegrown humans aren’t allowed.
And besides, what in the Godzilla series have we done to warrantee a spot higher than the Garogas or exif.
World War 2 is at least confirmed to be something that happened within the scope of that series.
But we're not committing planetary genocides. And the evil of WW2 was indictive of a few groups of humans, not our species as a whole. And in the Godzilla series itself, we're always the good guy. Whether the movie wants us to be, or not.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:38 am
But we're not committing planetary genocides. And the evil of WW2 was indictive of a few groups of humans, not our species as a whole. And in the Godzilla series itself, we're always the good guy. Whether the movie wants us to be, or not.
Well… between the climate crisis and our stockpiles of nuclear weapons pointed at each other, ready to unleash Mutually Assured Destruction, one could argue we are committing a planetary genocide right now.

We also don’t really have evidence that the Xiliens or Simians or Nebulans are a 100% evil race. We only ever see them in tiny numbers, most of them have motives to invade (no water, a doomed home planet, etc), and we know from Namikawa in Monster Zero that at least one of these aliens is capable of good.

I’m not saying I’d vote humans myself in this thread, but J can see the arguments for it.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The Exif. Many alien races end up attempting genocide in the means of conquest or obtaining something valuable from humans, their entire mission statement is to cause consistent genocide as the main goal. The fact that they pretend they are some great saviors and are not above turning their own cult members into sacrificial fodder just adds salt to the wound.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:34 am
Voyager wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:38 am

Well… between the climate crisis and our stockpiles of nuclear weapons pointed at each other, ready to unleash Mutually Assured Destruction, one could argue we are committing a planetary genocide right now.

We also don’t really have evidence that the Xiliens or Simians or Nebulans are a 100% evil race. We only ever see them in tiny numbers, most of them have motives to invade (no water, a doomed home planet, etc), and we know from Namikawa in Monster Zero that at least one of these aliens is capable of good.

I’m not saying I’d vote humans myself in this thread, but J can see the arguments for it.
Bro the doomerism coming from this post could make James Corden cry :lol: But the Garogas and Exif make humans look like cutesy little mice.
For Emperor and Empire!

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The Mysterians always struck me as the most evil because basically they wanted to turn a good portion of the world, or at least Japan, into a rape camp. Using Earth's women as breeding stock to repopulate their own race. The Simeons, despite the sympathy the situation of their world being sucked into a black hole. The Simeons seemed to delight in torturing those people they captured. With steam cooking Professor Miyajima, his daughter, and Masahiko slowly to death. The capturing, and removing the voice boxes of the sub's crew in TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA ,and being enslaved. Not too mention Project Leader Mugar's whipping of the subordinates for letting the one crew member escape, and having the poor S.O.B.s executed after their flogging. The Leviathan Aliens wanted to use humans as hosts for their consciousnesses.

The Megans from Marvel G-Book never struck me as pure evil. Maybe they were the more ruthless in ages old conflict with the Betans. The Warlords of Mega willing to sacrifice their War Beasts to defeat Godzilla and Red Ronin. Thus clearing the way to conquer the Earth, and get advantage over the Betans. Upon the defeat of their monsters, the head of the Megan Warlords ruminated to his comrades that maybe it was time to end their war. Asking them, "Is anyone else tired ?" Seemed like they might've ended up seeing the light, and burying the hatchet.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I pity the Mysterians more than anything else.