What’s next?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

What’s Next?

New Monsterverse movie
25%
Second Season of G:SP
63%
Other
13%

Total votes: 24

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

What’s next?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

After GvK and G:SP, things has been ever so quiet with a Godzilla franchise, we know that it is not ending, but the question remains what is next? Is there some sort of new movie from the Monsterverse to be announce or a second season of G:SP or something else entirely,
Let me know your thoughts.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: What’s next?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Personally, I’d like to see what the MonsterVerse can do next. But man am I also excited for S2 of Singular Point.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Maybe Godzilla Day we'll hear something. We'll see. The continued up and down with Covid, especially in Japan, is very likely holding any contract negotiations or major announcements back.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 pm Personally, I’d like to see what the MonsterVerse can do next. But man am I also excited for S2 of Singular Point.
Yes to both of those. I am a MV skeptic, but I am also an optimist. I have faith that surely another entry lies in the future that I can enjoy more than I have previous ones. As for SP I love it. Definitely not for everyone and it is definitely tedious and quirky in some areas but it is refreshingly different. So in addition to those entries I would like to add any future plans for Toho's Reiwa.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

As if said before I for one have no faith in the MonsterVerse outside of a continued stream of mediocrity. That said I'd be more than willing to give another Hollywood studio their hand at it. By all accounts a second season of Singular Point is inevitable. The way the merchandise has been selling out being a huge indicator. As for another Japanese live action film, who knows. Its gonna happen for sure it's just a question of when.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think we're going to hear about a new Godzilla film from Toho long before we get another MV film starring the character, if we ever do.

That said, I voted for a new season of SP. Bandai gots ta sell mo toys, yo.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

We know Godzilla SP has been in development since 2017, and based on some suspicious things, there’s a high likelihood that season 2 was already starting production as season 1 was being released. Meanwhile, a follow up to the monsterverse has only been recently confirmed, and the turnover cycles for these things have been notoriously longer.

We still could just as easily see a season 2 for SP, and possibly just a press release for the idea that Toho is making another Godzilla movie. Then again, we could even get a release date for next year. Toho has been pretty good at stealth projects and not succumbing to arbitrary elongated hype cycles.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Eh I doubt they'll want competition for Shin Ultraman.