If Toho hired you to make a Bride of Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
miguelnuva
Justiriser

If Toho hired you to make a Bride of Godzilla

Post by miguelnuva »

You have free reign with the only rule being Godzilla has to have a bride during the film what would you do.

A female Godzilla

An orginal new monster

The orginal Robot Daughter

Or Mothra...

Just curious considering across all media I think all these options were either hinted at or teased and Godzilla having a bride at this point is probably the only thing he has done other than fighting another Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: If Toho hired you to make a Bride of Godzilla

Post by JAGzilla »

Feeling alone, hated and persecuted by humanity, Godzilla abducts a mad scientist (perhaps a rebooted Dr. Shiragami) and forces him to genetically engineer a female Godzilla to be his bride. The experiment fails catastrophically when the bride wants nothing to do with Godzilla or her own unnatural existence, and then everyone involved is caught up in an explosion and apparently killed.

You know, I started typing that as a stupid Bride of Frankenstein reference, but it got me thinking that a Godzilla vs. Biollante remake where Biollante is intentionally created to be a mate for Godzilla, only to end up as a tragic abomination when rose cells are somehow thrown into the mix, might actually be workable.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla is discovered near the coast, which doesn't fit with the government. A major science summit is being held close by in a month, and they worry it could endanger the summit attendees. Meanwhile, a biologist is approached by a cryptozoologist that thinks there's something roaming a mountain valley; There have been reports of a giant. The biologist agrees to go, but only because it will allow him to observe bird specimens. They find the rumors are true. There's a giant- a female giant- in the valley. She has lived their alone since she was 7, and has grown all that time. She doesn't know why. As she seems peaceful, they take her from the valley and to Kyoto, intending to show her off at the summit when it occurs.

Godzilla surfaces and causes minor damage, but that news is enough to make some scientists question attending the summit. The government then gets an idea. They want to arm the giantess so that she can kill Godzilla. Her keepers refuse, and so does the giantess. The biologists, meanwhile, seems to find some unusual plant compound in her blood, which may be the cause of her growth. He prepares to leave, to find what plant she might have eaten, but then discovers that the giantess has gone missing. The army forces her to wear "the injector", a bracelet like device that will inject a toxin into Godzilla. When Godzilla surfaces again, he attacks the city. The giantess is let loose, but refuses to fight. she makes her way away from the city, and encounters the biologists. He tells her the cryptozoologist is caught in the heart of the city with the evacuating masses. The giantess goes to make sure he's safe.

The giantess meets Godzilla along the way, but still won't fight. Godzilla, rather than fight, acts gently to the giantess. She uses this to her advantage and leads Godzilla away from the city. However, when she touches Godzilla the injector goes off. Godzilla attacks the giantess, and she defends herself as Godzilla grows weaker. Godzilla is driven away, but the giantess is severely injured. The biologist and cryptozoologist take her away to heal, and then announce that she died of her injuries. Meanwhile, the pair plot with the other members of the science summit to move the still living giantess, who's had enough of civilized man, back to her valley.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I would do exactly what the film ws going to be in the 50s. It sounds goddamn amazing.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I set up a thread on this topic a while back. But let's be real, I think it would be easier to take seriously Godzilla receiving a lab-cloned son than him crossing paths with a lady-kaiju to get busy with. If I had to make a mate for Godzilla, I think the most interesting route will be a female space monster.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm But let's be real, I think it would be easier to take seriously Godzilla receiving a lab-cloned son than him crossing paths with a lady-kaiju to get busy with.
I don’t see the point of giving him a lab cloned son. We already have many options for the son of Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm I set up a thread on this topic a while back. But let's be real, I think it would be easier to take seriously Godzilla receiving a lab-cloned son than him crossing paths with a lady-kaiju to get busy with.
Kong got a lady friend. It wasn't a good movie, but if it could work for Kong, it could work for Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I'd like to paraphrase George Miller director of Happy Feet 1 and 2 (amongst other works), "If you put a gun to my head and said, 'Come up with a story for 'Happy Feet 3 Bride of Godzilla,' I'd say, 'Shoot me. I have no idea' "
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:22 pm I'd like to paraphrase George Miller director of Happy Feet 1 and 2 (amongst other works), "If you put a gun to my head and said, 'Come up with a story for 'Happy Feet 3 Bride of Godzilla,' I'd say, 'Shoot me. I have no idea' "
Wow, I don't think I knew before that the guy who gifted us Road Warrior also directed Happy Feet. What the fuck?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Have it be Kong

Bonding over their shared trauma of being the last of their kind that develops into romance