How do you think about Godzilla vs God like entity?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

How do you think about Godzilla vs God like entity?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

As the title said it what would you feel about The concept of Godzilla fighting God like entity?

I think it would be good concept, what do you think?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: How do you think about Godzilla vs God?

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm just wondering how it would be done. How do you show a viable war between a near indestructible, but still mortal, kaiju and an all powerful being that could smite Godzilla like a fly? I supposed you could have Godzilla being possessed by evil, and Mothra, or some other Heavenly beast, being the one sent to stop him. However, that seems a little like GMK. I'm not sure how to approach this concept, and it may not be a good idea unless you have the perfect plot.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: How do you think about Godzilla vs God like entity?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

“God-like entity” is one of the vaguest terms I’ve ever heard. Some would argue Godzilla himself is “god-like”. If you take the interpretation to mean a cosmic entity, we already got that, it was called Planet Eater.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 pm “God-like entity” is one of the vaguest terms I’ve ever heard. Some would argue Godzilla himself is “god-like”. If you take the interpretation to mean a cosmic entity, we already got that, it was called Planet Eater.
Agreed. It is very vague. In practice "god" is defined by one's personal bar of how impressive something needs to be to be worshipped.

However, an entity that fights entirely by creating obstacles or minions to fight Godzilla while having no little offensive capability of their own could be interesting. Taking sense of the entire environment being against Godzilla like Spacegodzilla, Biollante, and Mechagodzilla, and raising it to huge levels.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That makes a good story idea.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It depends, Godzilla and monsters his level are already God-like. Godzilla felt Zeus already in a comic, a God like monster that Godzilla needs help to beat would also just be a really strong monster.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

There's actually a scrapped Heisei film called "Godzilla vs. Chaos". (one of the many, many, many, MANY scrapped projects that eventually turned into Godzilla vs. Destoroyah) The titular Chaos was going to be a monster that came from another dimension and would've fought Godzilla over the energy spores left behind from Ghost Godzilla. There's really no word on what Chaos' powers were, but i always imagine him having a ton of godlike abilites like reality warping, so something like that could work.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If Godzilla faces off against a god-type entity, it should end with Godzilla acquiring his opponent's godhood if he wins.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla is already a God, and has defeated Gods.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Well, Godzilla has pulled off god-like stunts in plenty of media, so i can see him coming out on top but not without some extra hard work.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:44 am Godzilla is already a God, and has defeated Gods.
He really is across several different mediums especially when you put all Gods across all religion in a ranking.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

In a Marvel comic, Godzilla did face Thor. I don't know who won, though.

I suppose an interesting way to do it might be this. A pair of gods, one good and one evil, meet for their regular game. They decide Earth will be the next board for play. The evil god takes control of Godzilla and sends him out to kill and destroy, as the good god sends out kaiju to face Godzilla or use the forces of nature against him. Good and evil up the ante with each move until Godzilla is pitted against some ancient Earth guardian. Godzilla is defeated, and good wins the game.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.