Making your own incarnation of Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Re: Making your own incarnation of Godzilla

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I've always thought a Godzilla with ice powers (instead of atomic breath) would be sweet.

Similar to the IDW Godzilla in terms of design, with a little Showa mixed in.

Maybe his dorsal fins and body freeze a little when he uses his ice breath. So he clenches his hands really hard after an attack to shed ice from his arms and torso.

There's a number of films where it ends with Godzilla being frozen. It always made sense for me to see a sequel to one of those with a mutated Godzilla with ice powers.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

UmidoriGoji - A giant avian Godzilla, taking heavy inspiration from both penguins and the extinct plotopterid seabirds.

Appearance - He's covered in short, waterproof feathers with exception of big thick ones that make up his 'tail' as it were, and some thinner and long ones on his back. His forelimbs are flippers tipped with a single hook-like claw on either ones, while his beak is relatively short and deep; inside are bony spines that act as teeth (real penguins have things like it, BTW). This Godzilla is coloured black, white, red, and cyan, and takes heavy inspiration from Traditional Pacific Northwest art for colour patterns, right down to having what heavily resemble (but are certainly not) faces.
Size - Height is around 100 metres while length is 58 metres including his tail feathers.
Abilities - Standard atomic breath. However, this version is much more water-focused then others and is way more at home under the surface.
Personality - Very stoic and straightforward and in control, and will focus pretty much on what he wants and often go out of his way to avoid causing destruction when he can.

UmidoriGoji is actually under the command of...something else. Not mind control, more of a hunting or attack dog that acts on its behalf on its own free will. What it is is hinted to be some kind of sea god. The fact it attacks oil refineries and platforms, ships and submarines disturbing marine life, and the like suggests its a punishmen from said sea god.
This Godzilla can actually talk, if very crudely. Think like how a parrot sounds but way, way deeper. Usually its to deliver ultimaatums for man to stop harming the planet.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:00 am This Godzilla can actually talk, if very crudely. Think like how a parrot sounds but way, way deeper. Usually its to deliver ultimaatums for man to stop harming the planet.
For Emperor and Empire!

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:57 pm
Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:00 am This Godzilla can actually talk, if very crudely. Think like how a parrot sounds but way, way deeper. Usually its to deliver ultimaatums for man to stop harming the planet.
Yeah, weird flex. My intention is this Godzilla is basically a sea monster from mythology that's very much real, like a fantasy being come to life (or rather, always was real).

.... You find it stupid, do ya?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:32 am I've always thought a Godzilla with ice powers (instead of atomic breath) would be sweet.

Maybe his dorsal fins and body freeze a little when he uses his ice breath. So he clenches his hands really hard after an attack to shed ice from his arms and torso.

There's a number of films where it ends with Godzilla being frozen. It always made sense for me to see a sequel to one of those with a mutated Godzilla with ice powers.
So... something like this?

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:30 pm
Yeah, weird flex. My intention is this Godzilla is basically a sea monster from mythology that's very much real, like a fantasy being come to life (or rather, always was real).

.... You find it stupid, do ya?
No, no, don’t take it to heart. Just thought it was bizarre the first time reading it. It’s totally fine with your theme.
For Emperor and Empire!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:59 pm
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:32 am I've always thought a Godzilla with ice powers (instead of atomic breath) would be sweet.

So... something like this?

Meh. I was disappointed by that.

I'd prefer the breath to be more like a freeze ray too.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

ViolenceHasArrived
Young Farmer

Post by ViolenceHasArrived »

I'll give a rundown:

Description: Jagged dorsal spines, eyes with cataracts, scarring on various parts of the body, arms with little arms growing out of them, legs with little legs growing out of them, and a tail with little tails growing out of it

Origin: A member of a species of intermediary reptile whose egg was exposed to the radiation of an H-Bomb test

Size: 247 feet tall, 494 feet long

Roar: Pretty much the same as the 1954 roar
Last edited by ViolenceHasArrived on Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I can see a version where Godzilla is an earth kaiju. This Godzilla would have a more mole like head, with arms bearing large claws. The dorsal spines would be replaced by quills that could be extended. Godzilla would extend these when agitated and shake them as a warning before he strikes. He'd keep his atomic breath, but he must consume nuclear material to fuel that breath. When he runs out of energy, he can't use the atomic breath.

Character wise, this Godzilla is more concerned with feeding than destroying, but if you anger him enough, he will not hesitate to wreck everything he sees as a threat. He will relentlessly pursue a target until he feels it has been neutralized or has sufficiently retreated.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Imagine how terrifying that would be though. Godzilla just looks at you and with a raspy voice says "Die" before vaporizing you.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

My Godzilla, along when several other Kaiju, is actually descended from a completely separate tetrapod than the forerunner of the rest of earth’s terrestrial tetrapodal organisms, evolving some 20 million years before the first true amphibians. He’s not a “true” reptile, seeing how he’s not related to extinct or extant reptilian, with his chimeric combination of synapsid and sauropsid traits being the result of convergent evolution. He’s a 60 meter tall eldritch mishmash of a panther, crocodile, and armored fish, with a body plan similar to a bipedal binturong.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

We already have a thread like this in the fanart section.

kaijunut249
Young Farmer

Post by kaijunut249 »

Description: Theropod-like, with a single horn in the center of it's head between it's eyes, Tyrannosaur-like feet and legs, thin Stegosaur-like dorsal plates, and a thagomizer at the end of it's tail

Origin: A member of a dinosaur species from the Jurassic era which consumes land-based and aquatic animals, plants, and radioactivity, this individual went too long without consuming radioactivity and went into a state of suspended animation, which he stayed in for the next few million years until a nuclear weapons test exposed him to the radiation he needed to reawaken and go about it's business again

Size: 800 feet tall, 1600 feet long

Kaiju HQ's Ghost
Yojimbo

Post by Kaiju HQ's Ghost »

Good thread OP, I like the ice-based godzilla in particular, maybe he would shoot out highly pressurized liquid hydrogen or something or hollow harpoons that burst with the stuff (so it doesn't fizzle out after 10 meters or whatever) like a cone snail.

I myself have had an idea for an extremely edgelord godzilla design, very jagged, over the top, overdesigned even. These two resin kits in particular I found inspiring.

T's Facto Godzilla Final Wars Yasushi Nirasawa Concept Design
Godzilla Millennium Design version II resin kit

Can't post images for some reason. But look these up and you should see what I mean.

Not sure how it would best be put to film. I really dislike CGI in general but suitimation also seems like a poor choice since the exterior rubber might be poor at getting all the jagged detail this design would require. Maybe a rubber suit with resin plates where articulation is noncritical? With many different suits with the detail in different places as needed for various shots? I'm also a fan of the iconic G2K triple fang millennium-style head seen in the first link. Not sure if his eyes should be white, but it's a possibility.

So basically I'd want this to be the most evil looking godzilla of all time, and then feature him in a film where he's the good guy. Kind of like Lee Van Cleef in For A Few Dollars More. He might do battle with some very abstract-looking alien kaiju or something. Either way the film should be extremely gory and violent, with blood sprewing, showing the actual veins being severed, organs ripped out from the body while the kaiju are still alive, etc. Godzilla will win in the end but he'll take a beating, possibly getting his jaw and arm broken in the process. I imagine the rival kaiju wrapping his arm up in tentacles and then *snap* while godzilla lets out an extremely high pitched scream.

I'd also be fun to have him interact with individual humans kind of like Katagiri in G2K, either in helpful or hostile ways. Maybe at some point he collapses defeated onto a building while people run up to cheer him on and physically try to push him off and back into the fight like some WWE promo.

Other Godzilla ideas I had were revealed to me in visions. Basically I had the visage of this story in which there were actually 7 Godzillas. Only 2 of these have been revealed to me in detail, one being a smooth godzilla with a naturalistic color scheme like a bird of prey, and the other being jagged and with iconography from a deck of cards all around him, his spines red spades.

Ultimately it's kind of frustrating though, because while I like these ideas the fact that they're godzilla kind of limits what I'd be able to do with them, which is why like to focus my efforts on purely original or at least mostly original creations.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Kaiju HQ's Ghost wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:15 pm
Other Godzilla ideas I had were revealed to me in visions. Basically I had the visage of this story in which there were actually 7 Godzillas. Only 2 of these have been revealed to me in detail, one being a smooth godzilla with a naturalistic color scheme like a bird of prey, and the other being jagged and with iconography from a deck of cards all around him, his spines red spades.
Have you had any more trips to Patmos to open up the remaining 5 godzilla designs?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Kaiju HQ's Ghost
Yojimbo

Post by Kaiju HQ's Ghost »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:35 am Have you had any more trips to Patmos to open up the remaining 5 godzilla designs?
No but my dreams have been getting increasingly stranger and more vivid and I've had a few brushes with lucidity. Last night I was dreaming despite being awake (my eyes were closed but I was awake and could've opened them, but that ends the dream). So I'm certain the wrath of god will strike soon enough and these and other portents will reveal themselves to herald the final hour of some disconnected being.

But don't be upset. Other designs are coming very soon, these are indeed on the horizon but are not the heralded seven for they are only paraphyletically related. Stay tuned.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

A version of Godzilla that is literally just Gezora:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla redesigns revealed via visions is certainly a new one. Not sure about the whole “wrath of God” thing though. Sounds a bit worrying.
For Emperor and Empire!

Amp87
Samurai

Post by Amp87 »

Hmm my own version of Godzilla well i have drawn different incarnations of the past making my own characteristics and so on. Godzilla for the most part is the same no matter which version you choose even if you change things cosmetically he will be the same. I have thought of making a female version which we have never gotten a female version in the franchise. The incarnation would be mostly the same but there would no much be different with obvious changes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Amp87 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:36 am Hmm my own version of Godzilla well i have drawn different incarnations of the past making my own characteristics and so on. Godzilla for the most part is the same no matter which version you choose even if you change things cosmetically he will be the same. I have thought of making a female version which we have never gotten a female version in the franchise. The incarnation would be mostly the same but there would no much be different with obvious changes.
Would a mated pair of Godzillas work?