What would a America nontraditional Godzilla be like

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

What would a America nontraditional Godzilla be like

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Not too many people ask this question but it’s an interesting question nonetheless, what would it be America non-traditional Godzilla be like that also respect the source material. Think like American version of shin, what changes would Hollywood make?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: What would a America nontraditional Godzilla be like

Post by Jermobooka »

We already have one, minus the respect to the source material. It was GINO.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I'll be honest I have no idea what it is you are actually asking about? Clearly an american made movie, but what do you mean by non-traditional, and what do you mean by respecting the source material? Aesthetically unique but thematically consistent with the series? Structurally unique, but consistent with the lore of the series? Entirely new creation that has an analogous relationship to America and its culture/history as Godzilla to Japan's?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:09 pm I'll be honest I have no idea what it is you are actually asking about? Clearly an american made movie, but what do you mean by non-traditional, and what do you mean by respecting the source material? Aesthetically unique but thematically consistent with the series? Structurally unique, but consistent with the lore of the series? Entirely new creation that has an analogous relationship to America and its culture/history as Godzilla to Japan's?
I think what I meant is new abilities, design, and origin . I think Shin might a great example of doing things differently new origin, ability, and design, while having Godzilla act like “Godzilla”
Like being indestructible and being a threat, if this isn’t good explaining about the topic then I apologize for it, i’m not really good at explaining stuff

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

King Kong. Rhedosaurus. Them.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.